Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wild!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Tee-hee

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
so with covid, what happens if during the middle of a series one of the vas get infected with it? will the episode set to premiere just be delayed by a few weeks, or does the rest of the season get delayed to the next?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
There’s been anime in the past where one of the voice actors passed away during production, like the third season of Haikyuu. In that case they just replaced the VA. Though if it was a major role it’d probably would mean a delay.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Strange Quark posted:

There’s been anime in the past where one of the voice actors passed away during production, like the third season of Haikyuu. In that case they just replaced the VA. Though if it was a major role it’d probably would mean a delay.

I meant just get sick with it, and it takes them a few weeks to recover. Is just the episode delayed by 2-3 weeks, or is the rest of the season delayed to the next one?

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 5, 2020

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Willo567 posted:

so with covid, what happens if during the middle of a series one of the vas get infected with it? will the episode set to premiere just be delayed by a few weeks, or does the rest of the season get delayed to the next?

if the show's going to miss multiple weeks they just stop airing and get a tv slot in the next season. it already happened to a bunch of shows this year

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It depends on a ton of factors. How big the role is, how many lines they have recorded, etc.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

We're lucky that so far, very few voice actors have caught it, and those that did were either asymptomatic, or recovered

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i feel like that is a very strange thing to focus on considering that other people get covid

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Furnaceface posted:

And then it had a moon dropped on it or something?

God, I wish.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Aurora posted:

i feel like that is a very strange thing to focus on considering that other people get covid

I wasn't trying to say that people that did get covid don't matter; I only brought up VAs because we're in the anime discussion thread.

I'm sorry if it came off that way; I'm really terrible at expressing my views at times, and I didn't mean to seem insensitive to those that don't just work in an industry I enjoy.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willo567 posted:

I wasn't trying to say that people that did get covid don't matter; I only brought up VAs because we're in the anime discussion thread.

I'm sorry if it came off that way; I'm really terrible at expressing my views at times, and I didn't mean to seem insensitive to those that don't just work in an industry I enjoy.

I think that less people having covid is good, and that people are generally going to be more happy when someone they know or at least know of isn't sick than when someone they aren't even aware exists isn't sick. :shrug:

Aurora posted:

I think even mild cases are going to be more damaging for a voice actor than say, a computer scientist, so it is particularly good that these people do not get it.

I would care more about a vulnerable person getting covid than I would a healthy person in a low risk category getting it.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 5, 2020

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I find it so weird that Mangadex has "loli" under themes like, cooking or something instead of in the content warnings with gore and sexual violence and poo poo.

It doesn't make a practical difference. It's just kinda weird.

What's that from again?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

I think that less people having covid is good, and that people are generally going to be more happy when someone they know or at least know of isn't sick than when someone they aren't even aware exists isn't sick. :shrug:

I think even mild cases are going to be more damaging for a voice actor than say, a computer scientist, so it is particularly good that these people do not get it.

I would care more about a vulnerable person getting covid than I would a healthy person in a low risk category getting it.

idk what's hard to understand that thinking 'we're lucky that vas specifically have not gotten sick' is a bit weird

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aurora posted:

idk what's hard to understand that thinking 'we're lucky that vas specifically have not gotten sick' is a bit weird

It seems like an entirely pointless thing to get worked up over, but maybe I'm just jaded from the people fervently wishing anyone over 60 dies from it a few forums over.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

is someone worked up about it? i made a passing comment about how it came off strange

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Acerbatus posted:

What's that from again?
Hitori Bocchi's Life. Got an anime on Spring 2019. Pretty good.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Do your best beam~~

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Acerbatus posted:

I find it so weird that Mangadex has "loli" under themes like, cooking or something instead of in the content warnings with gore and sexual violence and poo poo.

Yeah you see this once in awhile in anime fan culture and it’s creepy af every time. I think people say it and don’t really realize what they’re saying or where it comes from.

I think it’s used in Japanese as a loanword too? But I don’t think it means anything that would absolve folks using the word casually.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Acerbatus posted:

It seems like an entirely pointless thing to get worked up over, but maybe I'm just jaded from the people fervently wishing anyone over 60 dies from it a few forums over.

Yeah, I think you're reading a bit too much into Willo's specific inquiry of just wondering how one subset of the industry was handling potential hurdles as a result of Covid. But I get it, things are tense right now and there is a lot of Ill will being spread around both online and irl at the moment.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Acerbatus posted:

yeah it's pretty hosed that stuff like Mitsuboshi Colors or this long name use "loli" as a "has children as main characters" type of tag. but lol at trying to get that sort of thing changed, they won't even stop people from being flagrantly misogynistic or racist on mangadex, they seem exactly the type to go "who cares" if you were to bring it up.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

15 minute warning until Amachan and Healin Good Precure, and then directly after that at about 9:30 eastern, Hell Girl (2006), Yamishibai (2020) and Horror News (2020). Buckle in for this long rear end stream

https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchdramas

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
HAT

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Bought my mom Animal Crossing for her birthday today. She was extremely happy. :3:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Furnaceface posted:

Bought my mom Animal Crossing for her birthday today. She was extremely happy. :3:

Awww that's so sweet.:3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Holy smokes. :3:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I dont know if I told the story of how I bought the Switch+Pokemon for her last year to help keep her occupied and positive during her chemo treatments? Well it worked. She has a maxed out dex in Sword. So I thought why not get her something new to dive in to.

Gamble paid off. :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You're a good egg + son. :)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/CaliKingDead/status/1313686454309019649?s=20

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Mega hat av

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

it's good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

maga hat av

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dang, made a good bet on streaming this season of yamishibai
https://twitter.com/dempagumi/status/1313705613906653188

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MODS! :colbert: