Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I would like to clarify that I'm not against tuna on pizza so much as that the idea is so foreign to me that I just instantly assumed that was a joke answer. I'd definitely try it if I had one in front of me right now.

I mean I've had smoked salmon and avocado on pizza, but it was olive oil instead of marinara and a creamy cheese. I don't see tuna being bad at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

Doxxing is frowned upon, Cartoon Man, and I don't appreciate it.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

I would not have suspected even the Finns would put tuna on pizza

Right? Even having eaten my share of Asian pizzas, I was somehow not prepared to learn of Finnish pizza.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Why are their knees bleeding

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I miss Johnny Castaway.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

They are weak like americans

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Arrhythmia posted:

Yours aren't?!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The entire world puts tuna on pizza.
Australians put tuna on pizza. I've eaten tuna pizzas before. They're fine.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I can't think of a country where tuna and pizza are popular foods, and one doesn't go on the other. Note that I don't have data on Africa outside of Egypt, but to me it still appears to be a considerably wide-spread topping.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
It's always wild to me in all of these pizza convos when (mostly) Americans just cannot grasp that a lot of countries just put whatever on their pizza because it's just a dough and cheese vehicle for your favorite topping of choice.

Tuna as well as a generic "seafood" mix (clams, squid, shrimp) are exceptionally normal in Germany, where a lot of Italian restaurants are, and of course you can get that in Italy itself as well (it's surrounded by sea, after all). Germans also love pizza Hawaii which is, you guessed it, pineapple and ham. Pizza menus can span two A4 pages here with a huge number of pre-made options - and you can get whatever you want on request.

persopolis
Mar 9, 2017
Tuna is a traditional pizza-topping, espescially in the south of Italy. It is usually combined with capers, onion and mozzarella. Quite tasty imo.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The entire world puts tuna on pizza.

Is very common in Brazil

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I've seen hot dog pizzas on those menues, I never felt more nauseaous in my life.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
I wont apologize for causing this derail, but before Moon God Slayer Kramers in let me just tell you about the relevant thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3940135

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sormus posted:

I wont apologize for causing this derail, but before Moon God Slayer Kramers in let me just tell you about the relevant thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3940135

Holy poo poo, it's back! My favorite place to talk about what they call pizza in Sweden and all 12 of Dr Oetker's pizza brands.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
Do non-tuna-pizza countries also not have tuna melt as a sandwich filling?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

krinklechip posted:

Doxxing is frowned upon, Cartoon Man, and I don't appreciate it.
I think that cartoon isn't doxxing you, it's doxxing me.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Two people doxxed are sitting in a tree-eeee!

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I mean I agree it's a stupid name but if you really can't figure out the why of it, you're kind of stupid too.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
I mean for some reason Finns as a nation decided its basically the official word for it now, even worse when they mean several diffenent social media platforms so you get "Please follow us on our Somechannels!"

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

How do you pronounce it and also does he say threesome in the original?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I imagine it's because if they're going to have to use a new term it had better drat well not make any sense

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot

Grevling posted:

How do you pronounce it and also does he say threesome in the original?

So-Me, and yes.
https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=fi&tl=en&text=some Press Listen

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Sormus posted:

I mean for some reason Finns as a nation decided its basically the official word for it now, even worse when they mean several diffenent social media platforms so you get "Please follow us on our Somechannels!"

don't worry, we do it in Denmark as well and it sounds just as stupid

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/good_faces_bot/status/1313796239926784000

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Winklebottom posted:

don't worry, we do it in Denmark as well and it sounds just as stupid

is that what it loving means, i assumed it was some kinda think tank or analytics bureau like YouGov lmao :psyduck:

luckily all the articles that i remember seeing it in have been entirely worthless so i didnt miss out on much

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

This totally owns. I'm currently reading Thousand and One Arabian nights and just finished the Aladdin story, so this is very topical for me. Wish I had read these stories sooner, they're badass.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Elias_Maluco posted:

Is very common in Brazil
https://youtu.be/-e5gTx1fVU4

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Simply Simon posted:

It's always wild to me in all of these pizza convos when (mostly) Americans just cannot grasp that a lot of countries just put whatever on their pizza because it's just a dough and cheese vehicle for your favorite topping of choice.

It is wild to me as well. Whenever an American doesn’t know something about my country’s common pizza toppings or, say, what our nicknames for cellphones are I close my eyes, place my hands flat on the table, take a deep breath and begin lifting then slamming my palms on the table, bellowing “THE AMERICANS” each time my hands are at the utmost height of their arc. Once my rage has subsided, I go online and remark on how, once again, The Americans have vexed me.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

of all the weird Brazilian pizzas, this one looks fully edible.

e, wtf this is not even the right thread for this.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pizza thread and comic thread are merging...

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

why did anyone ever make a hand drawn rage comic

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Late stage chronic internet bioaccumulation. Very sad to see it happen.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I appreciate the effort put into hand-drawing a rage comic, a format popularized specifically for the ease of copy/pasting the characters :golfclap:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

e-dt posted:

why did anyone ever make a hand drawn rage comic

And sign/date it...i'm getting cringe chills thinking about how proud they were making this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

(What’s a rage comic?)
:ninja: