Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Oh yeah, thanks for clarifying. Also definitely use and abuse the trainer ships because the game throws tons of insurance vouchers at you. Learn 2 fight and do all the UI combat poo poo in those before losing anything valuable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

obithrawn posted:

okay I'm too stupid to even join the discord apparently, I got my account authed but had my application rejected what did I do wrong here should I be applying to just chill or what

hello obithrawn,

we apologize for the rejection, but currently in the middle of a war with a very active spy master in the opposing force that is attempting to get spies into our organization.

Specifically what we are denying at this moment is that you have 1k posts but only 7 that we can see, 6 recent, and 1 since 2007. This makes us suspect you could be a spy.

If you're not, we apologize. Hang out with us and get to know us, make sure you're aware that SA culture has moved on since 2007, and we'll be accepting all goons after the war.

Thanks for your patience.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Colin Mockery posted:

There's also an "every 7 days you can request reimbursement of a ship you lost in PVE" feature that you can do through the ingame settings, which is automated. You are encouraged to abuse that as much as it will let you, if you're a dumbo who welps ships in PVE.

Whoa! Looks like this dumbo's gettin' his Maller back!

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Whoa! Looks like this dumbo's gettin' his Maller back!

I'm sorry, I welped my maller by autopiloting into a gatecamp

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Gawdang I didn't know about that. Unfortunately it has been too long from when I whelped my own mallers.

DRWN
Aug 29, 2020

Rectal Death Adept posted:

paying $4.99 for a gun box that has a 0.4% chance of dropping deadspace gear or anything.

Nope please don’t.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

DRWN posted:

Nope please don’t.

I wonder if we could sell some sort of loot crate to pubbies.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I know I should ask in the discord but this seems relatively harmless and stupid, but is there a better way to travel than just autopiloting everywhere with a small frigate, or will that usually get me killed? I recently reached whatever tech level let me bump the cruiser skills up so I think it's time I left my amarr newbie crib, although I suppose I still have like 50 encounters or whatever to complete in advanced tutorials (great phone pooping activity there) so maybe I should stay put until those are done.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Bubbles and scanning aren't in the game yet, so you should be perfectly safe scooting around nullsec (security status -1.0 to 0.0) in a frigate. In lowsec (0.1 to 0.4) your only risk is when you're not at a gate, station, or encounter. And in highsec (0.5 to 1.0), you can't be PvP'd at all.

Cruisers are when you start running into longer waits before warp kicks in, putting you at risk in nullsec of being caught by gate and station campers.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Oct 7, 2020

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hello Sailor posted:

I wonder if we could sell some sort of loot crate to pubbies.

isn't that just selling plex for isk and buying a mission chest?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Colin Mockery posted:

To clarify, this means don't abuse the "free ships from the corp" thing.

There's also an "every 7 days you can request reimbursement of a ship you lost in PVE" feature that you can do through the ingame settings, which is automated. You are encouraged to abuse that as much as it will let you, if you're a dumbo who welps ships in PVE.

Can someone elaborate on this? I'm in-game now but cannot see where it might be.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Can someone elaborate on this? I'm in-game now but cannot see where it might be.

Face > Settings > Customer Service should be a big flashing HOT red text for ship loss, but you can also just type in lost ship or ship blew up in the Customer Service search field if they stopped advertising it.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

pixaal posted:

Face > Settings > Customer Service should be a big flashing HOT red text for ship loss, but you can also just type in lost ship or ship blew up in the Customer Service search field if they stopped advertising it.

Thank you!

turns out my ONI is outside the reimbursement window :(

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I guess either they don't understand how calling your enemies sjws (as a pejorative) is a bad look, or they are just chuds who have drank from the pondwater of gamergate. Tremek and Bird or whoever is reading the thread from the other side, bail while you still can

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Snail Information posted:

I guess either they don't understand how calling your enemies sjws (as a pejorative) is a bad look, or they are just chuds who have drank from the pondwater of gamergate. Tremek and Bird or whoever is reading the thread from the other side, bail while you still can

It's my understanding that bigots tend to think "everyone" secretly agrees with them*, but they're the only people bold enough to "tell it like it is".

* And those who openly disagree have ulterior motives.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 7, 2020

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Assuming people are abusing (or not, depending on the devs intent) the ship replacement system, is it fair to say it's messing with the market? So if person A loses their 3 bil faction battlecruiser and it's immediately replaced, that's 3 bil worth of materials that doesn't move through the market to replace the ship.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Rynder posted:

Assuming people are abusing (or not, depending on the devs intent) the ship replacement system, is it fair to say it's messing with the market? So if person A loses their 3 bil faction battlecruiser and it's immediately replaced, that's 3 bil worth of materials that doesn't move through the market to replace the ship.

some people think so: https://www.reddit.com/r/echoes/comments/j5afqs/ship_reimbursement_abuse_is_killing_the_market/

the markets are still pretty new and changing constantly as new tech levels are introduced (retrievers tanking ore prices while new ships need different minerals) and patches roll out (nerf to PI botfarms means those prices should go up) so who knows

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rynder posted:

The blanket one per week is because they were overwhelmed processing legit claims from disconnects and desyncs. You have to lose it in a purely PvE battle, that's not all that common because as you play you'll know what you can take. a single player, even a friendly, shooting you for 0 will prevent you from being able to get the ship back.

Right now in the learning phase yeah it's probably messing with the market, but overall I don't expect most people will be losing ships to rats in another 6 months.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Hello Sailor posted:

Bubbles and scanning aren't in the game yet, so you should be perfectly safe scooting around nullsec (security status -1.0 to 0.0) in a frigate. In lowsec (0.1 to 0.4) your only risk is when you're not at a gate, station, or encounter. And in highsec (0.5 to 1.0), you can't be PvP'd at all.

Cruisers are when you start running into longer waits before warp kicks in, putting you at risk in nullsec of being caught by gate and station campers.

I think I'm right in saying that ~3 secs align time is the magic number for being able to just blast through camps in null just now?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Aramoro posted:

I think I'm right in saying that ~3 secs align time is the magic number for being able to just blast through camps in null just now?

It depends (ship statistics, targeting skill level, etc). Generally, a T5 Cruiser can make it through 95% of all gatecamps. T6 cruisers tend to align slower, especially the Maller, less so with other cruisers. Look at the inertial modifier for an idea of how fast a ship can turn.

Right now, the Venture II has the fastest lock time. So, if you see one of those on a gate, wait a second before decloaking in case it's about to jump or warp off.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

rocketrobot posted:

Right now, the Venture II has the fastest lock time. So, if you see one of those on a gate, wait a second before decloaking in case it's about to jump or warp off.

Didn't they get nerfed? Heard their scanres went way down recently.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Hello Sailor posted:

It's my understanding that bigots tend to think "everyone" secretly agrees with them*, but they're the only people bold enough to "tell it like it is".

* And those who openly disagree have ulterior motives.

It's this, OP. Especially the starred part. You can see this with our lovely chud enemies, who can't stop calling us sjws who are virtue signaling. I've literally never seen someone who uses virtue signaling unironically not be a complete shitter, because they cannot fathom that people actually believe that not being a shitter is a good thing to aspire to. Everyone that claims to care about justice and equality for all is actually a S O R O S paid agent who doesn't really care, they're getting paid to do it or trying to impress people.

I'd go as far as to say the average member of SHH isn't turbo racist, but they don't care to examine their own biases, and definitely don't want to rock the boat by calling out all the bigotry because they care more about not causing themselves discomfort than they care about being a better person. So like the line about if you have one nazi at a table and 10 people talking to them then you have 11 nazis, they don't get that by tolerating that poo poo and not actively putting a stop to it, they are complicit.

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

hello obithrawn,

we apologize for the rejection, but currently in the middle of a war with a very active spy master in the opposing force that is attempting to get spies into our organization.

Specifically what we are denying at this moment is that you have 1k posts but only 7 that we can see, 6 recent, and 1 since 2007. This makes us suspect you could be a spy.

If you're not, we apologize. Hang out with us and get to know us, make sure you're aware that SA culture has moved on since 2007, and we'll be accepting all goons after the war.

Thanks for your patience.

oh that makes sense, I just assumed I hit a wrong button or something. I can chill for a bit until the war is over, I generally just use the forums now to find people to play games with so thats why my only posts are Clash of Clans related (lol).

in the meantime what do I do with a new account in terms of skills etc, are there good umbrella items any character wants regardless of specialization I can do before I decide how I'll focus? I'm just kind a trying poo poo right now to see what I like.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Kaysette posted:

Didn't they get nerfed? Heard their scanres went way down recently.

Seems like it? It shows as 690.0m with a +5% scan res bonus per lvl and is a t5 ships. The condor II (t4)does show a higher scan res at 789.0m while the Heron (t3 basic frigate with +5% scan res bonus) has 407.0m.

It's still pretty high. I guess look out for interceptors as well now.

Edit: a venture II still has a higher scan res, by a lot, at lvl 4 Industrial. 828.0m is a decent edge over a low level interceptor.

rocketrobot fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 7, 2020

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Wonder what the rationale was to give ventures an autolock scanres in the first place. Those veld rocks don't really warp that fast.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

obithrawn posted:

in the meantime what do I do with a new account in terms of skills etc, are there good umbrella items any character wants regardless of specialization I can do before I decide how I'll focus? I'm just kind a trying poo poo right now to see what I like.

I highly recommend you focus on fast ships (bonus: they're cheap) that can kite so you can make money off of scout & inquisitor anomalies while being quick enough to run away if someone attacks you while doing so in lowsec or nullsec. This will eventually translate to faster bigger ships, saving you time and still saving your rear end on occasion.

Once you are able to join the flock, you will get free ships and will worry less about replacement cost.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

They nerfed hisec anoms somewhat but an Atron II with with a named mwd and/or ab is great for speed tanking level 1 and 2 inquisitors and scouts, with the bonus that you can scoop the loot cans faster than anyone else in the anom. Personally I use the ab to orbit close when I’m shooting and the mwd to loop between cans.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

corgski posted:

They nerfed hisec anoms somewhat but an Atron II with with a named mwd and/or ab is great for speed tanking level 1 and 2 inquisitors and scouts, with the bonus that you can scoop the loot cans faster than anyone else in the anom. Personally I use the ab to orbit close when I’m shooting and the mwd to loop between cans.

Rifters are actually good for *cheap* MWD+AB builds because they have 3 low slots, allowing you to take a shield or armor rep as well. Although I think you need your engineering skill at at least 3 to fit it all.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I think this game is now 60 days old? Something like that. Feels like longer.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

in eve echoes, I'm a gray haired old man by now

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
wake me up when walking in stations is implemented

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Rynder posted:

wake me up when walking in stations is implemented

The better feature to wait for would be 3D mode. What better mobile game for that than this?*

*The answer is: no game is good for 3D mobile gaming

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Toilet VR

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Eox posted:

Toilet VR

Let me just get this carboard slide out of my wallet and strap my phone to my face while "making GBS threads". okay nothing strange here at all just a guy uh hey how do you control a phone VR game?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Re: Scan res I think a skilled Probe CovOps will be higher. 826 base + a 7.5% bonus.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

rocketrobot posted:

The better feature to wait for would be 3D mode. What better mobile game for that than this?*

*The answer is: no game is good for 3D mobile gaming

That new gacha game genshin impact is actually a pretty good 3d mobile game. But I've only played a little bit so maybe it's rear end later on.

imPerpetual
Apr 14, 2007
The virtual energizer bunny.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Re: Scan res I think a skilled Probe CovOps will be higher. 826 base + a 7.5% bonus.

Yeah there's definitely some math that I'm not grokking with relation to scanning right now as I'm getting caught even in a CoNI with high skills and low align time.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

pixaal posted:

Let me just get this carboard slide out of my wallet and strap my phone to my face while "making GBS threads". okay nothing strange here at all just a guy uh hey how do you control a phone VR game?

Usually there's peripheral support. If using the google daydream (don't bother) it comes with a little remote that can tell where you're pointing. It would actually be a good interface for 3D Toilet EVE. But then my wife is going to want to know why my shits are taking 3 hours and why the gently caress are all these power adapters in the bathroom now.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

rocketrobot posted:

Usually there's peripheral support. If using the google daydream (don't bother) it comes with a little remote that can tell where you're pointing. It would actually be a good interface for 3D Toilet EVE. But then my wife is going to want to know why my shits are taking 3 hours and why the gently caress are all these power adapters in the bathroom now.

Plugging in 7 USB cables to poop brb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Do those high tech toilets from japan come with USB outlets and a power breaker for the eventual overload? Maybe program the toilet to mine on an alt account