Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Does anyone have the "Amir Catches OJ" video? It's the home video from the 90s where Amir and his buds are following along to the chase with a portable TV and actually intercept him and film him going by. It's like 90 seconds at the start of a video of his high school band. It seems like the original video (linked in this tweet) is gone off youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ep 70-90 somewhere. Seth talks about going up to jason priestly in a supermarket. I can't handle it when he goes all celebrity nerd. I always think in a parallel universe seth is the video shop dude from family guy. J laughs and says "loving loser".

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Jippa posted:

I can't handle it when he goes all celebrity nerd.

this trait resulted in his insane beyonce story where he was very near getting shot by bodyguards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-1nZvJPVZs

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

UYD 819 Seth improvs:

No we're not gonna make it
Let me do a gofundme
To buy some pencils
For my 2nd grade class
That I teach online

This is the hardest I have laughed at anything in so loving long. Holy poo poo.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Laughter Day," the one day a year we punch rich people in the face and take their money and laugh

Pryor on Fire posted:

we're not gonna make it

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

sum posted:

Does anyone have the "Amir Catches OJ" video? It's the home video from the 90s where Amir and his buds are following along to the chase with a portable TV and actually intercept him and film him going by. It's like 90 seconds at the start of a video of his high school band. It seems like the original video (linked in this tweet) is gone off youtube.

Is it part of a documentary they made in high school called "Strange Days" or something like that? I think I had the entire thing favorited but it's gone from YT.

Chinese Stakeout
Apr 21, 2010
Does anyone have the Craigshouse compilation mp3 lying around somewhere? I think the link in the OP is broken and I haven’t been able to find my copy of it. The funniest poo poo ever

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
RIP Barnes https://amp.tmz.com/2020/10/02/steve-barnes-cellino-and-barnes-killed-plane-crash-upstate-ny/?__twitter_impression=true

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

That’s not the guy that crashed the plane with his kids inside twice already, is it?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

TACD posted:

That’s not the guy that crashed the plane with his kids inside twice already, is it?

It's one of these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qhb9_LF7vI

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

TACD posted:

different steve, but i had to look it up because there was no way i could handle that today

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

TACD posted:

Dad! What the gently caress?

Feb 2, 2005
hey dad. HEY DAD.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Seth saying Demon’s souls is good poo poo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol Johnathan calling out Seth for hating comedy TV at the end of 820

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Chinese Stakeout posted:

Does anyone have the Craigshouse compilation mp3 lying around somewhere? I think the link in the OP is broken and I haven’t been able to find my copy of it. The funniest poo poo ever

Was gonna DM you but figured others may want it too. Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/DSZxVQIA#NaM-65SWrhrf4FY4uLlISbrISorQ7dyAH3kXX7paLhY

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Binowru posted:

Was gonna DM you but figured others may want it too. Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/DSZxVQIA#NaM-65SWrhrf4FY4uLlISbrISorQ7dyAH3kXX7paLhY

Beautiful x

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

C-Euro posted:

lol Johnathan calling out Seth for hating comedy TV at the end of 820

Seth’s response of “I love to laugh” was truly chilling.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Mannnn I haven't listened to this podcast in years but I was reminded of it today so I thought I'd listen to the latest episode while out walking. I'm honestly amazed that it's still as funny and good as I remembered. I started listening back in like 2008 when I was still a teen, so they have a special place in my heart for being a source of happiness in a depressing time of my life. This sounds lame, but it sort of feels like reuniting with old friends.

Majorly excited by the fact that I have so much backlog to delve into now :allears:

e. lmao my last post in this thread is from 2012

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 7, 2020

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Mannnn I haven't listened to this podcast in years but I was reminded of it today so I thought I'd listen to the latest episode while out walking. I'm honestly amazed that it's still as funny and good as I remembered. I started listening back in like 2008 when I was still a teen, so they have a special place in my heart for being a source of happiness in a depressing time of my life. This sounds lame, but it sort of feels like reuniting with old friends.

Majorly excited by the fact that I have so much backlog to delve into now :allears:

I think most people here have felt the same way at one point or another. I know I did. They put full video episodes up on youtube now as well if you want to watch them.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if you used a time machine to go back to 2008 and told the boys that they'd still be doing this in 2020 and they'd be making decent money doing it, i think they would have a full blown panny.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

They're doing a kind of "best of" format since episode 800, where they reread old stories from each year. So if you really want some nostalgia, listen back about 10 episodes where they're taking about stuff from 2008.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
821: "The living room looks exactly the same... yet I don't, it's quite odd"

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

if you used a time machine to go back to 2008 and told the boys that they'd still be doing this in 2020 and they'd be making decent money doing it, i think they would have a full blown panny.

there was a long period of time where jonathan couldn’t really deal with the fact that this podcast would be the greatest work he ever did and not his music

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Conversely, UYD is one of the podcasts I’ve listened to consistently since I picked it up in 2009 or so, but I’ve never gotten around to the first 150 or so episodes I missed. Never even heard the gas fight episode yet.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

TACD posted:

Conversely, UYD is one of the podcasts I’ve listened to consistently since I picked it up in 2009 or so, but I’ve never gotten around to the first 150 or so episodes I missed. Never even heard the gas fight episode yet.

Oh man, the 100-150 range is some of their best work, get on it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TACD posted:

listen to it. i was genuinely shook first time i listened to it and then it was revealed that they were being poisoned and it became funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBv2UuTduxI

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

inferis posted:

there was a long period of time where jonathan couldn’t really deal with the fact that this podcast would be the greatest work he ever did and not his music

maybe he and amir released another fuckin album already!!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Jogger was real real good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZKkrKNAlrU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

every time i drunk dial the boys i ask seth to tell johnathan to do a physical release of the album or make a new one. im doing my part

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Idk if this is an invasive question, but what are they up to in their private lives now, I'm so out of the loop. Are they married, what do they work with, do they still live in LA? Are there any big events they might mention basically. I haven't listened for 8 years.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Idk if this is an invasive question, but what are they up to in their private lives now, I'm so out of the loop. Are they married, what do they work with, do they still live in LA? Are there any big events they might mention basically. I haven't listened for 8 years.

Seth is still pretty quiet about his life. Afaik, both have partners but neither have married (or re married in Jah's case). They still live in LA and not only that but Seth is in the same apartment. They make enough money from the show now to not have to work I think. Seth does it full time, Jah not sure.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Well, shouldn't be anything wrong with recapping what they've disclosed on the show:

-Both are still in LA; they still record in Seth's apartment, which is the same one he's been in for the duration of the show.
-Jonathan has been married several times over the course of the show, but I don't remember where he stands right now. Seth only ever obliquely references his dating life, and even that's pretty rare.
-Seth appeared as an internet repairman on an episode of IFC's Maron
-We found out this year that Seth has a half-brother who periodically calls him with ideas for new business models.
-Seth has a cat now
-I'm not sure if Seth still works at a dispensary or not. Part of their initial Patreon pitch a few years ago was that they could move to doing the podcast full-time.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

i think johnathan still works at future music but seemingly just because he likes to do it not because he needs to.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
didn't the 'Dance expire at some point and he had to get a new car or did i imagine that?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

General Dog posted:

Well, shouldn't be anything wrong with recapping what they've disclosed on the show:

-Both are still in LA; they still record in Seth's apartment, which is the same one he's been in for the duration of the show.
-Jonathan has been married several times over the course of the show, but I don't remember where he stands right now. Seth only ever obliquely references his dating life, and even that's pretty rare.
-Seth appeared as an internet repairman on an episode of IFC's Maron
-We found out this year that Seth has a half-brother who periodically calls him with ideas for new business models.
-Seth has a cat now
-I'm not sure if Seth still works at a dispensary or not. Part of their initial Patreon pitch a few years ago was that they could move to doing the podcast full-time.

You forgot the two parts where Jah's life changed forever.

-Drowning a rat in a bag

-Saving the parrot to have it die in his arms

uber_stoat posted:

didn't the 'Dance expire at some point and he had to get a new car or did i imagine that?

The 'Dance died this year. And Seth's driven two old rear end Mercedes. But do not worry. The 'Dance is in a secure location.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Dance has been deemed "culturally significant" is going to the Library of Congress

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Giga Gaia posted:

i think johnathan still works at future music but seemingly just because he likes to do it not because he needs to.

I kinda get this feeling about everything he has ever or will ever do haha

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sometime in the 2010s Seth aged like 15 years overnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

Sometime in the 2010s Seth aged like 15 years overnight.

he now kind of looks like Jonathan's dad used to look back in the day.