Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/johngranato/status/1313885351845470209?s=20

Keep hope alive for Houston for Dallas has none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol of course after years of making GBS threads the bed it only matters when he makes JJ angry

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That Hopkins trade man what the gently caress

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

zoux posted:

That Hopkins trade man what the gently caress

As an Arizona Cardinals fan I thank the fine Houston Texans organization for that trade.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Astros coach going to get rona and die thus fulfilling a prophecy to start a Houston sports renaissance after all 3 coaches are removed

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uh, Dusty is gonna be fine thanks. And I think D'antonio was just sick of Houston, I don't think he was forced out. Maybe they weren't willing to pay him what he wanted but that's different

https://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/1313906441498038272
hmmmm

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 7, 2020

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Did they ever figure out land rights for that thing?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hahaha no, no they did not.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

If Abbott could just make sure to keep going on this until the 2022 elections, I would appreciate it. Just keep reminding people that you want to take their land for the advantage of liberals in cities.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I'll ponder that on my next lightning fast, congestion free trip on the Trans Texas Corridor

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

George H.W. oval office posted:

Astros coach going to get rona and die thus fulfilling a prophecy to start a Houston sports renaissance after all 3 coaches are removed

don't put that evil on Dusty you son of a bitch :argh:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1313919438190776322

He's going to open bars, ensuring we're hosed for the winter

I don't see how you can look at what's happening in DC, in NYC, in Boston and think "hey, let er rip"

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Making official state governmental proclamations on a private social media network doesn't seem right.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

zoux posted:

You're gonna have to show me where he said that.

From the SCOTx ruling denying universal vote by mail due to covid

There's no way to prove that a person is lying about a disability. The whole reason the GOP was trying so hard to keep Harris Co. from mailing out absentee ballot applications to all county residents was because they knew that people could just claim a disability and vote by mail regardless (and well they should). It's the same the state's voter ID law, if you don't have photo ID you can cast a regular ballot if you sign an affidavit stating that you had a reasonable hardship to obtaining an ID - and no one can challenge you on it. You could put "aliens from Mars stole my drivers license" and they'd have to say "Fine"

I stand corrected. According to https://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/vote-mail-civil-disobedience/ it looks like he's threatening the election officials, not the voters.

Does this mean I should be fine doing mail in ballots with disability checked? I just don't want my ballots to get caught in some weird legal limbo and end up not being counted.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Unless you are physically unable to get to a polling station, I'd recommend everyone vote in person during the early voting period.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

All I have to do is bring in the mail in ballot to surrender it, right? Is there anything else to that process I should know? Will I get any poo poo for having checked the disabled box?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Lol what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/drogon_dracarys/status/1313862233143869446

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

zoux posted:

Unless you are physically unable to get to a polling station, I'd recommend everyone vote in person during the early voting period.

This is what I'm doing. For anyone else planning on it, be aware that generally speaking - first day of early voting is far and away the busiest, and mornings are generally the busiest. Wait a few days and go by in the afternoon.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Bioshuffle posted:

All I have to do is bring in the mail in ballot to surrender it, right? Is there anything else to that process I should know? Will I get any poo poo for having checked the disabled box?

"I got better" should be a perfectly valid excuse and they can't really question it. I was thinking of just saying I was going to be absent and drop the ballot off in a post office out of county, but don't trust USPS right now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bioshuffle posted:

No, you can't cast a mail-in ballot at a regular/early polling place, if you want to drop it off you have to go to the one dropoff location in Travis Co. - 5501 Airport Boulevard between 8am - 5 pm

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
What has ultimately come of the transit plan for Austin's Prop A? It looks like they snipped off most of the southern stuff. There's a terminus for Colony Park going east, but it looks like a lot more north-of-the-river property value elevation. What?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm lucky in that I can just walk to the polling station, but yeah I think I'll wait a couple days

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

zoux posted:

No, you can't cast a mail-in ballot at a regular/early polling place, if you want to drop it off you have to go to the one dropoff location in Travis Co. - 5501 Airport Boulevard between 8am - 5 pm

I'm talking about surrendering my mail in ballot to vote in person. Not dropping off the mail-in ballot at the polling location.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

What has ultimately come of the transit plan for Austin's Prop A? It looks like they snipped off most of the southern stuff. There's a terminus for Colony Park going east, but it looks like a lot more north-of-the-river property value elevation. What?
I mean it does go to the Airport and down South Congress, which is a good start.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bioshuffle posted:

I'm talking about surrendering my mail in ballot to vote in person. Not dropping off the mail-in ballot at the polling location.

Oh yeah, that should be fine

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Is anyone watching Greg's stream?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

smoobles posted:

Is anyone watching Greg's stream?

Is he still trying to get enough people to play Among Us with him? :v:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Not sure what the point of a Dallas-Houston high speed rail is if I still need a car to get around at either end.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/madlinbmek/status/1313939705046732800

It's up to the county whether or not to permit it. It's effective Oct 14, so pencil in the second week of November for when we start hitting close-down thresholds that they'll ignore

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 7, 2020

Bellum
Jun 3, 2011

All war is deception.

Arcella posted:

Not sure what the point of a Dallas-Houston high speed rail is if I still need a car to get around at either end.

it has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime...

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I cant' imagine Hidalgo opening the county up

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yes, the governor has gone to his signature move, making someone else responsible.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

HSR is cool just wish it won't turn out to be one of those projects that will go nowhere like the various amusement parks that's supposed to replace Astroworld.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Arcella posted:

The same point as taking a plane into Dallas or Houston and then needing a car to get around. But mainly this:

Bellum posted:

it has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime...

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

It doesn't matter any place that had a kitchen or can get a food truck outside is now a restaurant and they are figuring it out how to make the numbers work on the back end.

I'm still going to Brash Brewing though because I can be outside 15' from anyone.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

this can't be that surprising and yet I'd vote for any number of republicans running against Cornyn at this point, he's a complete turd even if he has a more low-profile image about it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/madlinbmek/status/1313947583740612609

Already starting to trend up

We've been stable for some time, and that could just be noise, but if we're at the same level, constantly, with this level of restritctions, do they think it'll just stay the same. A number of hospital zones are approaching that 15% threshold

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 7, 2020

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

The most yellow-dog Democrat I know says he refuses to vote for her because she is a Republican and he has never voted for a Republican in his life.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ScottGloverCNN/status/1313958842921897985

Dude who sold the AR to the Midland mass shooter (which I don't recall) is getting five years for it

https://twitter.com/wesrap/status/1313963183221157889

Ah I forgot about Abbott's other special move: doing stupid things that please nobody

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

iirc the Midland shooting was a joy ride in a truck