Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Fairlyn posted:

I'd like a new LP of Yume nikki.
the one in the LP archive has notning but broken video links.
I have all 15 videos from ohmRICE's LP on my hard drive, but I don't know if I should upload them. ohmRICE doesn't seem to be around anymore, or maybe she's going by another name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Wait hold up, buttrice?

Nice .hack G.U reference old lper.

Fairlyn
Oct 20, 2010

Hirayuki posted:

I have all 15 videos from ohmRICE's LP on my hard drive, but I don't know if I should upload them. ohmRICE doesn't seem to be around anymore, or maybe she's going by another name.

yeah, unsure too.
I'd like to watch them again.
but yeah, better not.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I mean, if they were on the archive, it's because the original poster requested they be uploaded, right? Fixing some dead hosting would seem to, if anything, be helping out.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to request an LP of the mobile game Final Fantasy Dimensions. While I enjoy SSLPs over VLPs, I honestly have no format preference for this one; I'll just be happy to see it done.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

I mean, if they were on the archive, it's because the original poster requested they be uploaded, right? Fixing some dead hosting would seem to, if anything, be helping out.
I messaged her on Twitter:

ohmRICE posted:

Hi! Thanks for reaching out about the LP. I do still have the videos, they're uploaded to YouTube actually.
Im busy with some ongoing life stuff right now, but I'll make a note to reach out to LP Archive and get the vids updated soon 😊
Yay! Her LP really was outstanding.

Fairlyn
Oct 20, 2010

Hirayuki posted:

I messaged her on Twitter:

Yay! Her LP really was outstanding.

Thanks!
I'll keep my eyes out for that.

Melufa
Aug 14, 2011
I'm surprised there isn't an LP of Persona Q or Q2 on the archives. The Etrian Odyssey games seem to be pretty popular and the LPs of those are always very good. Maybe this is a narrative thing though, since the PQ games all have set characters, instead of being able to create a bunch of blank slates. Regardless, I'd like to request an LP of either, particularly PQ2 since there is much less info online about it.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Melufa posted:

I'm surprised there isn't an LP of Persona Q or Q2 on the archives. The Etrian Odyssey games seem to be pretty popular and the LPs of those are always very good. Maybe this is a narrative thing though, since the PQ games all have set characters, instead of being able to create a bunch of blank slates. Regardless, I'd like to request an LP of either, particularly PQ2 since there is much less info online about it.

2nded, I'd likely buy the games to play along at that point. Fixed my DS a few months ago which is why I skipped them in the first place.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Melufa posted:

For the people that did the EO LPs, narrative wasn't really the roadblock there for us. (The EO games that came with a preset story and characters have LPs of the story modes as well.) It was really more that we did not enjoy PQ1 enough to do yet another playthrough of it. We did hear PQ2 was a better product than 1 apparently.

Hopefully there are some people out there willing to cover them though so I'll back up this request as well. I'd certainly like to know more about the 2nd game since I skipped out on that one entirely.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Araxxor posted:

For the people that did the EO LPs, narrative wasn't really the roadblock there for us. (The EO games that came with a preset story and characters have LPs of the story modes as well.) It was really more that we did not enjoy PQ1 enough to do yet another playthrough of it. We did hear PQ2 was a better product than 1 apparently.

Hopefully there are some people out there willing to cover them though so I'll back up this request as well. I'd certainly like to know more about the 2nd game since I skipped out on that one entirely.

As another EO LPer, seconding the reasoning here. I suffered through PQ1 once and that was enough for the rest of my life. If I never have to go through Inaba Pride or the 5th Stratum again, it'll be too soon.

If anyone wants to LP either of those messes, I'll gladly contribute datamining and graphics prep, since both PQs use bizarre hacks of the EO engine.

Melufa
Aug 14, 2011

Araxxor posted:

Coincidentally enough, your 7th Dragon LP was part of the reason I requested them. I decided to play through it after reading a few updates, and just recently finished. The art style got me wanting to play through something EO-like. I used your LP as a bit of a walk-through for some of the mechanics that weren't very well explained, so thanks for that! I know you ran into some pretty crazy issues, but any idea if you'll be finishing it? I couldn't be assed to track down the last 19-ish dragons I was missing, or do all of the fetch quests, and part of the ending suggested I was missing out because of that, so it would be nice to see the differences.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I've been in a funk lately. Are there any fairly recent like the last few years funny group Let's Players around anymore? People that get along well, they don't have to be hilarious as long as they are having fun. I remember several groups I greatly enjoyed going on nearly probably ten years ago but it's hard to find a good group LP anymore.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Disappointing Pie posted:

I've been in a funk lately. Are there any fairly recent like the last few years funny group Let's Players around anymore? People that get along well, they don't have to be hilarious as long as they are having fun. I remember several groups I greatly enjoyed going on nearly probably ten years ago but it's hard to find a good group LP anymore.

I really like Danaru's lps. They're having fun. Dan and grace and circlmastr playing jeopardy/wheel of fortune is amazing.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Rea posted:

As another EO LPer, seconding the reasoning here. I suffered through PQ1 once and that was enough for the rest of my life. If I never have to go through Inaba Pride or the 5th Stratum again, it'll be too soon.

If anyone wants to LP either of those messes, I'll gladly contribute datamining and graphics prep, since both PQs use bizarre hacks of the EO engine.

There's also an issue with doing PQ1 depending on how the person decides to LP it. If they're doing an any% LP, it won't really matter. However if someone decides to be more comprehensive, they'll have to play through the entire game twice due to the protagonist split. PQ2 from what I know doesn't have that issue, thankfully.

Melufa posted:

Coincidentally enough, your 7th Dragon LP was part of the reason I requested them. I decided to play through it after reading a few updates, and just recently finished. The art style got me wanting to play through something EO-like. I used your LP as a bit of a walk-through for some of the mechanics that weren't very well explained, so thanks for that! I know you ran into some pretty crazy issues, but any idea if you'll be finishing it? I couldn't be assed to track down the last 19-ish dragons I was missing, or do all of the fetch quests, and part of the ending suggested I was missing out because of that, so it would be nice to see the differences.

Yes I'll be finishing it, I just started working on the next update.

As for your missing dragon problem, it's a common roadblock in people's 100% runs of 7th Dragon as you'd have to know the rules of a certain mechanic pretty well to even think of trying it out. Reuse a Bloom Seed in the dungeon you fought Haze. Due to the original mechanics of the dungeon, those dragons can't respawn and get replaced with an entirely new set. Killing those will deplete the dragon counter.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Disappointing Pie posted:

Uh...I don't know if I might get smacked for this, but Dewgy and I seem to fit your bill, if you want a "group" to check out

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Professor Duck posted:

Uh...I don't know if I might get smacked for this, but Dewgy and I seem to fit your bill, if you want a "group" to check out

I can vouch for Professor Duck & Dewgy. I generally don't like VLPs done by multiple people, but those two hit that just right spot.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I'll second that. They have a good chemistry, play interesting games, and have 0% annoying gimmicks. 10/10, A+ rating, would watch again.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Is anyone doing an LP of the new Marvel Avenger's game?

I know I'm behind the times, but I've only just found out about the amazing subtitles the game has and someone around here has to be able to turn that into a grade-A LP.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Is there a dang lp of Aliens: Infestation the game on the DS?

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Can anyone recommend me a good pathologic hd lp? I’m very picky when it comes to vlps, and want one where the lper knows what he’s talking about. I also get annoyed when someone who’s lping pretends not to know what’s happening, and acts surprised at things they know are going to happen. Like I said, I’m picky.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Would anybody be able to recommend more stuff like CJacobs supremely chill Death Stranding videos? I love stuff that has sparse commentary with a focus on the gameplay and design of the game. Obvious Death Standing had a lot going for it to focus on that, but if you can think of anything else, I'd appreciate it.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
Perhaps Egomaniac's Forbidden Siren LP (or at least, the original one)?

I've only watched the 2006 version, not the re-do they made in 2016, but the commentary was pretty unobtrusive. I wouldn't call it 'sparse', but it's fairly easy (especially in the longer videos) to get absorbed into the atmosphere and realize that you weren't even absorbing their commentary. Granted, watching that LP means you have to deal with the visual standards of the time, but I felt that it enhanced the experience.

Egomaniac
Mar 23, 2006

I did the re-do in pretty much exactly the same style. It's just better video quality.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Hey Let's Play, I just wanted to take this opportunity to recommend and promote some cross-forum activity going on...

The Sword of the Bastard Elf!

Original a 2015 GBS CYOA thread, it was goldmined, became a front page article, and was later successfully kickstarted into an actual product! who says goon projects can't be successful?

Anyways, I bring this up now because there's an interactive virtual reading of the gamebook currently going on in GBS, which in turn inspired the author in question, Saint Isaias Boner, to do a new LP of the game--but this time using the published game book! It's been running in GBS the last week, but we've moved her in LP for people to check out and join in. SIB suspects we're not quite a third of the way through, so there's still a lot to see if you want to join in and participate.

Thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3943916

(and is stickied if you lose track of it)

Anways, if this sounds vaguely interesting to you, I highly recommend it! It's hilarious!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can someone recommend a good Deus Ex video LP for me? I'd like to just play the game myself but it's not controller friendly and I don't like playing K&M.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare did an excellent one of the first game, where he also talked about a bunch of the conspiracy stuff that the game touches on

Also i think he did some of the later ones? I can't remember

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
He did a LP of Human Revolution, too, with the same level of quality.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
I'll definitely vouch for the quality of Bobbin Threadbare's Deus Ex LP. Top shelf.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Thanks. I have it saved. I’ll try to figure out a way to play the game myself again but if it doesn’t work out, I’ll watch.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I forget, does Bobbin Threadbare spoil the game's story while playing through them?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I forget, does Bobbin Threadbare spoil the game's story while playing through them?

I’ve pretty much been spoiled on the big things just from being on these forums so long. I was browsing before my reg date when the game was still pretty new.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
It came out in 1997.

I don't think bobbin spoils anything. It is very much a pro watch.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Still holding out hope that someone, someday, will do a text LP of Sunless Sea: Zubmariner in the same style as the classic, influential, fascinating Sunless Sea LP. (Because the game is a huge pain in the rear end to actually play.)

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUCSyIkEus

I would very much like to see a proper Let's Play of this that leaves out nothing! A meme-famous game like this should not be left un-let's played.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know of a good chill-but-technical playthrough of Death Stranding with Kojima's spotify playlist? CJacobs was doing one but due to a ill-timed PC release and house move, it seems that's on hold. As for any pubbie playthroughs, there's a lot of "this music is copyrighted, so I'm gonna play generic music with everything else muted".

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Fairlyn posted:

Thanks!
I'll keep my eyes out for that.
ohmRICE's Yume Nikki LP is back up!

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikoneyoru/videos

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This isn't a request, but ages ago some guys did an LP of one of those old "100 games" shareware CDs. Unfortunately that's all I remember about it (which I realize is not a lot to go on) and it doesn't seem to be on the archive. Does anyone happen to remember the LP I'm thinking of?

Fairlyn
Oct 20, 2010

thanks!
already caught up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Does anyone have some recommendations for good RTS LPs (besides the ongoing C&C series, I've already watched those). I was thinking something like Age of Empires, that one Dune RTS, etc.