Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

namelesstwo posted:

Not a good look for mr Christie.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/chris-christie-reopening-economy-deaths-no-matter-what/

He meant the communists in Montclair though I assume.

Hey now, the show Americans is based off of a real life Montclair family!

But if communism produces the wonderful food that is within that towns borders, sign me up for some communism BAY BAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

eke out posted:

realistically no one knows gently caress all about this treatment

the single study released is like N=300 and was done by the company itself. that's it -- no FDA auth, no peer review, no verification by independent third parties

Daniel Griffin was pretty optimistic about antibody therapies in general on TWiV. The difficulty is you have to get it very early after infection for it to be effective and it's not at all clear when exactly in the course of infection Donnie got shot full of antibodies.

The TWiV hosts seemed pretty confident if he got remdesivir and antibodies early that should do a good job of knocking back the virus. On the other hand, Griffin was suspicious that Donnie was actually entering the second week on Friday so he might well have gotten the right stuff too late.

Really it comes back to the hubris and stupidity of not actually getting tested every day when good therapies exist for early treatment. Instead it seems like he waited until he was symptomatic?

https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/

namelesstwo
May 7, 2007
the uber joker

Yuzenn posted:

Hey now, the show Americans is based off of a real life Montclair family!

But if communism produces the wonderful food that is within that towns borders, sign me up for some communism BAY BAY

As an FYI my comment was basically that everyone in nj loving hated the whale by the end of his second term.

People might not know the backstory.

He did a show on wfan where the callers asked him why he’s such a dipshit.

He Decided that anyone who disagreed with him was a communist from Montclair. Which overwhelmingly voted against him during his last election .

https://www.npr.org/2017/07/10/536533586/christie-blasts-n-j-caller-i-love-getting-calls-from-communists-in-montclair

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

He is risen.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313959702104023047?s=20

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Fritz the Horse posted:

Really it comes back to the hubris and stupidity of not actually getting tested every day when good therapies exist for early treatment. Instead it seems like he waited until he was symptomatic?

https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/

Good therapies exist for those who can get treatment, which usually means hospital access early in the infection.

The Washington Post had an article today talking with experts about how the decision to admit someone to the hospital early is an extremely subtle and complex process and definitely didn't talk about how Trump and Christie being VIPs had anything to do with it. The final passage left me a little annoyed:

quote:

Shapiro added that “the health-care system in the United States would be overwhelmed immediately” if people start to go to hospitals because they think they have covid-19 or “they’ve tested positive and they’re otherwise doing okay.”

“We don’t have the capacity to provide inpatient care for anywhere close to those numbers of people,” he said, “and then the people that are ill with any number of other things, covid or otherwise, would not be able to get the care they need.”
So basically the general public shouldn't expect to go to the hospital for treatment even if it help improve their long-term health. Admittedly it's important to not overwhelm the healthcare system or get healthcare workers sick. Maybe keeping the number of cases as low as possible might have helped with that, who can say?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Get Donald Trump a forums account

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Surely they could do a better job of disguising his rather laboured inhalation?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Did they just cut at the 1:50 mark? Looks like an obvious edit

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BigglesSWE posted:

You’d think that fascists would learn that determining any bad news as defeatism would come back to bite them in the rear end but wellp.

They wouldn't be fascists if they could handle facts.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That would require competence. Given that his skin tone resembles the over-tanned aunt from There's Something About Mary, I suspect keeping him from looking pale or bluish was about all they could do, and they even hosed that up.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Willo567 posted:

Did they just cut at the 1:50 mark? Looks like an obvious edit

Yes, that is an incredibly sloppy and obvious one.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Can’t really listen to it since I’m at work but wow it looks like they added 10cm of makeup on him.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

His voice sounds really strained.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

His hands still got that purple-pallid thing going on I see. Strongest hands.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

goddamnedtwisto posted:

what if this is the best they could do

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Good news everybody! Regeneron is a cure that everyone's gonna get for free and the military is ready to circulate the thousands of extant doses of it RIGHT NOW!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
last day of his five day steroid program, right?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump looks like he’s decaying.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

in a world where he didn't have doctor feelgoods to demand give him more, yeah

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

So apparently that video was recorded yesterday.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Captain Fargle posted:

So apparently that video was recorded yesterday.

Source?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

He said in the video he got back yesterday, when he got back Monday

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Trump himself. He starts by saying he got back to the WH "yesterday," which would be Tuesday.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Man if that’s what he looked like yesterday...

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sexpig by night posted:

he's going to demand to stay on those steroids until they literally kill him or the Rikers physicians cut him off

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GreyjoyBastard posted:

he's going to demand to stay on those steroids until they literally kill him or the Rikers physicians cut him off

that's also fine, either he's about to enter the bad part of things or he's gonna just shred his body never ending steroids, either way hopefully in a couple days poo poo should get funny after all this posturing.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
The cytoking hath risen

Jacobus Spades
Oct 29, 2004

That... is a lot of makeup.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jacobus Spades posted:

That... is a lot of makeup.

my favorite part is they didn't do his hands so you can see the cool gross corpse hands

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Eventually they’ll cover him with so much makeup that you’d swear he was about to go for a Roman triumph.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Long term steroid use tends to cause osteoporosis along with some other side effects. Trump falling and breaking his hip on the way out the white house would be a good plot development.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did he have a stroke recently (And no, I don't mean the previous visit he had earlier this year to Walter Reed, which many suspect it was stroke-related)?

Like he always looks like garbage but has the right side of his face always looked like... gently caress, I don't know, like Picasso and Dali painted it while high-as-poo poo?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Wark Say posted:

Did he have a stroke recently (And no, I don't mean the previous visit he had earlier this year to Walter Reed, which many suspect it was stroke-related)?

Like he always looks like garbage but has the right side of his face always looked like... gently caress, I don't know, like Picasso and Dali painted it while high-as-poo poo?

I'm writing that one off as bad positioning for the camera. Look at the leaf shadows in the video - he might have a nice glare in his face and he's trying his hardest (and failing) at keeping himself from squinting.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Wark Say posted:

He has tweeted quite emphatically that he did NOT have a series of mini strokes, despite no credible reporting ever suggesting he did.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Wark Say posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDona...2F5694399002%2F

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Well, strokes it is then! :lol:

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

to be fair that was in response to stories that pence was told to stand by during an unannounced visit to walter reed by trump. it wasn't out of the blue.

quote:

Questions of Trump's health have once again arisen this week, prompted by a new book from New York Times correspondent Michael Schmidt that reports Vice President Mike Pence was put on standby after the president’s unexpected trip to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center last year.

the weird thing though was that the book didn't mention mini strokes.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, that was in late August/early-September? :stare:

I swear to god that it had happened on January. loving time dilation, man.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Sir! No it doesn't end, sir!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Wark Say posted:

Wait, that was in late August/early-September? :stare:

I swear to god that it had happened on January. loving time dilation, man.

It was, but he got all mad about it recently out of no where, because of

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1300918961094107136