Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Just like Christianity did.

You do understand they aren't remotely the same thing, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Trump would need some kind of scripture or something. While the materials are there, people seem to just adore him for being the big daddy who fends off the liberal menace rather than like, poring over the Art of the Deal or something.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
That's what I mean, the cult of trump and Q are basically inseparable and Trump isn't long for this world. Q will persist, but without the figurehead, it's done.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
There will definitely remain true believers who keep on after trump is gone. Some might even be potential domestic terrorists. But most surface level q followers dont really have their hearts in this and will find the next crazy poo poo to answer why their life sucks and to give it meaning.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

That's what I mean, the cult of trump and Q are basically inseparable and Trump isn't long for this world. Q will persist, but without the figurehead, it's done.

The hosed up elegance of QAnon is it's ability to be selectively anti-government. Trump is the figurehead in as much as he is the avatar of the storm. Once he's betrayed and destroyed, the deep state will just be the state until the next fascist comes along.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would be surprised if the general coalescensce of the conspiracy theory gumbo goes away, if he dies he was murdered by the deep state, which presents a problem for the imminent fulfilment of the prophecy as much as him losing the election would, but I don't know that it really undoes the mythology surrounding him. I expect like any political group a shattering loss would put a lot of them out, but I think elements of the mythology are going to be around for a while.

Feats of Strength
Feb 9, 2012

Man, If god told me to sacrifice my son I'd tell
him to fuck off.

OwlFancier posted:

I would be surprised if the general coalescensce of the conspiracy theory gumbo goes away, if he dies he was murdered by the deep state, which presents a problem for the imminent fulfilment of the prophecy as much as him losing the election would, but I don't know that it really undoes the mythology surrounding him. I expect like any political group a shattering loss would put a lot of them out, but I think elements of the mythology are going to be around for a while.

I don't think there's much chance of it all fizzling out, I expect it would create an immediate vacuum in the theories which would be plugged by the next opportunist that came along. Most likely Donald Trump Jr in my opinion, In general I think Trumps are going to be shoehorning themselves into politics for years to come broadcasting the same brown-note tune to get their base's bowels moving. And if not one of the Trumps then some other bottom feeder. The worst thing about this administration is that now the precedent has been set, the same campaign strategies, underhand conspiracy theories and fake news will be considered viable by future unscrupulous candidates.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If he loses, though, I'm not sure it's likely to work as well the second time, even against terrible centrist candidates if those continue to be a thing in the future.

Like "let's redo the trump years where nothing actually happened and then he got covid lost the election and/or died" doesn't seem like something you would be able to sell the second time around. Especially as the olds die off. Cos I still think qanon and a lot of the right across the anglosphere is essentially a retreat into the old and lovely demographic while furiously burning their bridges with everyone else. Now I don't think they will stay burned forever because people don't work like that, but it's hard to see what their next step is.

I still think it's gonna need to be something fairly new which the right has needed for some time and I still don't really see what it's going to look like. I assume it's going to exist cos I'm a pessimist like that but I can't guess really what it will be.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 3, 2020

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Anyone know what the Qturds think happened on August 9th? Someone I know just posted "JFK Jr is alive" on FB and he made a post on August 9th saying BEST NEWS EVER GOOD HAS DEFEATED EVIL type poo poo I wonder which specific delusion he was referring to.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Perhaps the value of Qanon is to make Trump's cult of personality portable.

Qanon has been ultimately defined by the bad guys since day 1. Trump has had to do literally nothing to earn his name as the champion of Q; the whole premise of it is a guy who's been doing nothing but golfing and grifting has been secretly organizing an international manhunt against child sacrificing Satanists should tell you how easy it would be to slot in someone else, or just make it a shadows-on-the-wall "fight" whenever any far-right politician misspells something.

Qanon is literal Life of Brian level worship.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
The worst case scenario for the Qult is it dies out and resurfaces later. As it has for literally centuries.
Again: QAnon is just the latest iteration of a line of apocalyptic conspiracy religious hysteria that has plagued our nation since before we were a nation. It is a repetition of the Satanic Panic itself a regurgitation of the John Birch Society so on and so forth all the way back to the Puritan settlers who believed the Pope was the Antichrist and all the Catholic monarchs of Europe his infernal pawns. That they were soldiers in an apocalyptic end times confrontation between the forces of Christ and those of Satan.

The only revolutionary thing about QAnon is adding the messianic angle in the character of Donald Trump. I'd say maybe also in how it uses mass media to propagate, but that's also basically true of how the Satanic Panic functioned.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If Trump recovers but still loses the election it will be a sign that he was replaced with a Cabal controlled clone while at Walter Reed.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

You do understand they aren't remotely the same thing, right?

yeah Q makes a lot more sense than a book of talking animals

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

bird with big dick posted:

Anyone know what the Qturds think happened on August 9th? Someone I know just posted "JFK Jr is alive" on FB and he made a post on August 9th saying BEST NEWS EVER GOOD HAS DEFEATED EVIL type poo poo I wonder which specific delusion he was referring to.

8+9 = 17...

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Only tangentially related to this thread but some guy tracked down the allegedly dead Challenger pilot at his house and interviewed him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h1TFcMYyvg

What does the thread think? Is he lying about it or is he technically telling the truth because only his clone died?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Mantis42 posted:

Only tangentially related to this thread but some guy tracked down the allegedly dead Challenger pilot at his house and interviewed him.

What does the thread think? Is he lying about it or is he technically telling the truth because only his clone died?

I know that one of the flat earth guys in the FE group I'm a member of would call and email all of the siblings/doppelgangers of the Challenger astronauts several times a week to yell at them for being NASA frauds. I feel so bad for them.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Mantis42 posted:

I think the people hassling the poor guy should get the mental health treatment they obviously need.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Kanine posted:

lmao what if pence gets sick too and pelosi ends up as acting president
they would NEVER let that happen. EVER. jesus gently caress they would blow up the white house itself just to delay it by a single day

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

I like how the deep state fabricated a completely new identity for the guy, including a made up academic career and published research, but then forgot to give him a new name.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

GABA ghoul posted:

I like how the deep state fabricated a completely new identity for the guy, including a made up academic career and published research, but then forgot to give him a new name.

It’s movie logic - the US military or government is often omnipotent and malevolent yet bumblingly incompetent

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Something really loving weird is happening in the YT embeds into this website: the bottom left corner, which normally lists the channel, is randomly oscillating between other channels that probably have nothing to do with flat earth.

In order, from the OP, they are:
TED
ReThinkingTourism
AstronomyCorner

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Phobophilia posted:

Something really loving weird is happening in the YT embeds into this website: the bottom left corner, which normally lists the channel, is randomly oscillating between other channels that probably have nothing to do with flat earth.

In order, from the OP, they are:
TED
ReThinkingTourism
AstronomyCorner

I mean, let’s be honest, how long is it before we have someone give an earnest TEDx talk about how QAnon is completely legit before a bunch of MENSA members packed in to a Ramada Inn conference room?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
drat, Trump tweeted together (To Get Her) 3 days ago and still no public executions. I really thought this time the storm was upon us.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

drat, Trump tweeted together (To Get Her) 3 days ago and still no public executions. I really thought this time the storm was upon us.
First Trump must take all the Covid into His holy form and convert it into reverse adenochrome to fuel his transit through the holographic realms.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
According to the new QAnon Anonymous episode, so hydroxychloroquine pushers are actually upset that Trump doesn’t seem to be taking it. That surprised me, I thought they’d just ignore it.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Ladies and Gentleman: The storm is upon us

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1313584836624429057

lol

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Deep state counter move to trumps “to get her” gambit

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

pseudanonymous posted:

Deep state counter move to trumps “to get her” gambit

5 years from now: "We are sorry to announce that today Donal J Trump, president of the United States has died. In her message from Rikers Island Ivanka Trump says that. "we all must come together in our grief and work past our differences ..."

Qanons: "She said together! To Get Her! Oh snap, we in the end game now!"

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Today the hits keep coming

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313640512025513984

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
President’s brain is more mushy than usual
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1313651251289231360?s=21

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

At this point it feels like a countdown before he takes credit for saving us from invasion by the moon spiders

Quiet Enable
Aug 29, 2017

"Everything in your head doesn't need to be said."
He's likely to nuke the moon to get rid of the moon spiders first.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Trump took a drug made from fetal stem cells. He's literally using virgins to sustain life and it's the Q president lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Trump took a drug made from fetal stem cells. He's literally using virgins to sustain life and it's the Q president lol

Remember when christians were like "blocking stem cell research/use of any kind is our moral imperative!"

Now: "INJECT THAT BABY SLURRY STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS, DOC!"

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Another day, another no storm being upon us. Thought today was the day. Womp womp

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

He damns his soul to hell so he can go a little bit longer and save the mole children. Truly he is a hero.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

RagnarokAngel posted:

He damns his soul to hell so he can go a little bit longer and save the mole children. Truly he is a hero.

I wonder if we could infect QAnon with the belief that there is a group of children being specifically genetically adapted for life underwater; denser than average and being tested at secret aquatic facilities.

They're calling them "anchor babies."

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Somfin posted:

I wonder if we could infect QAnon with the belief that there is a group of children being specifically genetically adapted for life underwater; denser than average and being tested at secret aquatic facilities.

They're calling them "anchor babies."

Maybe don’t give them more excuses to throw around racist concepts.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has anyone said, “the cytokine storm is coming” yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

it's the title of a thread in this suboforum so yeah