Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I have no idea what my car insurance costs without looking it up, now that you mention it. I can't not have it, so all all the budget numbers that matter week to week are after it's been paid.

i mean i don't know my exact rate but it's one thing to be like $100 a month and be in the ballpark and it's another thing for trump to think the gerber baby life insurance commercials were talking about adult health insurance and claim that health care costs $12 a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Man pooped in box at Meijer in Belleville, put it back on shelf

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
There are only three classes: the capitalists, the proletariat, and Algebra II

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Gee, thanks Obanana

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

I work at this store. We call him the Mad Shitter

Edit: Also he put it on a toys department shelf holding the bottoms flaps shut so when our midnight stocker picked the box up to put it where its supposed to be the bottom opened and the poo poo fell out all over the shelf and floor. It was apparently... Not solid..

UwUnabomber has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Oct 8, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Skelaboo posted:

I work at this store. We call him the Mad Shitter

Edit: Also he put it on a toys department shelf holding the bottoms flaps shut so when our midnight stocker picked the box up to put it where its supposed to be the bottom opened and the poo poo fell out all over the shelf and floor. It was apparently... Not solid..

That raises even more questions.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Inceltown posted:

Corona has got people actin weird, friend.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Inceltown posted:

First, open box upside down, then poop in box, next hold bottom closed and flip box back over, then put the box on the shelf. This isn't rocket science.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I know a very small group of radical religious people --- and they are against insemination - so they are kind of anti-life but they describe themselves as pro-life

I think are assholes

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Bloop posted:

i mean i don't know my exact rate but it's one thing to be like $100 a month and be in the ballpark and it's another thing for trump to think the gerber baby life insurance commercials were talking about adult health insurance and claim that health care costs $12 a year

Ok, yeah, that sounds about like how it'd play out.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Ok, yeah, that sounds about like how it'd play out.

I used that example because it literally already happened. Trump said a 20 year old pays $12 a year for health insurance.

That was infinity+1 stupid loving things ago though

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
He’s only off by two to three order of magnitude, so that’s one of his better estimates.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_828bb53e-09ad-11eb-9c98-fbed3af1d69a.html

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Is a church considered a public area?

They were arrested for "having sex within public view" even though they were inside the church, because someone called the cops because they got nosy and looked inside the church because the lights were on after hours.

The pastor should be fired, sure, but arrested for getting weird with it? That's bullshit.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I don't know legally, but ideologically a Catholic church is supposed to be publicly accessible at all times. Even though this usually requires waking up the priest and having him open up the place. So maybe they're considered a public space in some legal sense as well, with only the rectory private?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Telling that the sex crime a catholic priest actually gets in trouble for is a three way among consenting adults.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Telling that the sex crime a catholic priest actually gets in trouble for is a three way among consenting adults.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/...34-97fd5fdf0914

That's why they call it shocking allegations considering his predecessor was skeezing on minors

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah what is this

The man is not preying on children, and forced celibacy is a profoundly stupid concept anyway (I can say this because I'm from a culturally Catholic background). Good on you, priest guy.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
every single person who reads about the Pearl River priest makes the joke that "at least it wasn't kids!" and yet, Catholicism still exists

I have three different family members that were molested by Catholic priests, so this poo poo is infuriating

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

Holey Trinity Caught Having a Six-Way

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

china bot posted:

every single person who reads about the Pearl River priest makes the joke that "at least it wasn't kids!" and yet, Catholicism still exists

I have three different family members that were molested by Catholic priests, so this poo poo is infuriating

To be honest, as an organization the Church barely still exists in my country, and they've been having to import priests from abroad for a while now.

And that's the solution if you want to make a statement, just stop going to church, don't have your kids baptized, if you still want to be Christian for some reason there are other options

e: does the sex priest (good kind) have a GoFundMe

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 16:36 on Oct 9, 2020

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
just to be clear, I do not practice the religion that molested my family members. or any religion, for that matter!

have you seen Up? You know what's going on with Carl's house at the beginning, with the giant mall? That's basically what the catholic church in my hometown has been doing to my parents' property for the past decade, so yeah, no love lost there

china bot has a new favorite as of 17:08 on Oct 9, 2020

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

Rector?! drat near... drat near... drat near took her out for dinner and a show.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1313758240308682752

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

poo poo, just gonna have to hard code in 6/2 for the time being.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

We're switching over to the Holy Quadruplity for the time being

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Well there go my plans for tonight

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

thank you i fukkin :laffo::laffo:'d

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

china bot posted:

Dude, I fought the devoutly catholic elements of my family tooth and nail growing up, and ultimately it resulted in nothing productive, they just dug their heels in more. What, precisely, do you want me to do rather than excise that branch from my life? I, thankfully, have not had anyone in my immediate family molested by the church, but trying to talk some people down just results in them edging a few inches closer the end of the roof.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

This is why you can't have a 6/2some on an altar

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Dude, I fought the devoutly catholic elements of my family tooth and nail growing up, and ultimately it resulted in nothing productive, they just dug their heels in more. What, precisely, do you want me to do rather than excise that branch from my life? I, thankfully, have not had anyone in my immediate family molested by the church, but trying to talk some people down just results in them edging a few inches closer the end of the roof.

just to be clear, everyone is referring beyond goons - this is the general tenor of every facebook/twitter comment on this as well. it feels very "No Way to Prevent This" because, and this is where my frustration lies, of the implicit notion that the catholic church - where "at least it wasn't kids" - must continue to exist as is. so yeah, I wasn't arguing that anyone needed to get out of their chair and do something right this instant. i'm just bummed that the catholic church's widespread child molestation happened and it's frustrating to be reminded of their continued hypocrisy. plus, as stated, I have personal involvement, and I made this mistake of thinking I could vent my continued frustration without my comment being interpreted as an attack.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

china bot posted:

just to be clear, everyone is referring beyond goons - this is the general tenor of every facebook/twitter comment on this as well. it feels very "No Way to Prevent This" because, and this is where my frustration lies, of the implicit notion that the catholic church - where "at least it wasn't kids" - must continue to exist as is. so yeah, I wasn't arguing that anyone needed to get out of their chair and do something right this instant. i'm just bummed that the catholic church's widespread child molestation happened and it's frustrating to be reminded of their continued hypocrisy. plus, as stated, I have personal involvement, and I made this mistake of thinking I could vent my continued frustration without my comment being interpreted as an attack.

Okay, sorry for misinterpreting your post. It does seem like the Catholic Church has the same cultural protections as guns do in the US, just writ on a global scale. It sucks.

For what it’s worth, I apparently farted in the holy water when I was baptized as a babe, and have maintained that opinion ever since.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Generational change is how these things usually evolve. My parents grew up in one of the more conservative parts of Flanders in the 1960's, which is saying something. Almost everyone went to church, and society in general was very (outwardly) religious, narrowminded and traditional.
A decade later, with the intervening cultural revolution centered on 1968, that whole edifice had come tumbling down. People stopped going to mass, attitudes towards premarital sex and such changed radically, and young people in general simply rejected that whole cultural package with glee. Fast forward to 2020 and even that sense of rebellion is gone, because there is nothing left to rebel against. No one goes to church, no one is being ordained, and the general attitude towards the Church is either indifference or hostility. (Note that this is not the same as saying that no one is religious)

So what Mywhatacleanturtle is doing is exactly what is needed, no more, no less. No conflict (other than mockery), no 'trying to change things from within', just permanent disengagement. Let it slowly bleed to death, that's what it deserves.

Remember that the Church cares only about maintaining worldly power. Splendor and 'tradition' as well, but only insofar as these serve that primary goal of power. Deny them followers, deny them influence, and unlike the decentralized Protestant churches it will wither and die.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

poo poo, just gonna have to hard code in 6/2 for the time being.
You can just use π.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Knormal posted:

You can just use π.

I mean, that'll work sometimes, but sometimes (6/2).14 is a lot different than 6/2

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AFewBricksShy posted:

Is a church considered a public area?

They were arrested for "having sex within public view" even though they were inside the church, because someone called the cops because they got nosy and looked inside the church because the lights were on after hours.

The pastor should be fired, sure, but arrested for getting weird with it? That's bullshit.

The article says “obscene acts [that] occurred on the altar, which is clearly visible from the street.” So there must be some transparent windows that face the altar, so someone could have been standing outside those windows and seen something, even if nobody did.

Erick Williamson Convicted for Drinking Coffee Naked In His Own House!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/erick-williamson-convicted-for-drinking-coffee-naked-in-his-own-house/
Dude is naked in his house doing stuff. Woman walks by and looks in his window, sees he is naked, and calls the police.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

china bot posted:

Because we've already settled into a grim understanding that everyone who has power over us will rape our family members, specifically children, with no repercussions. The Church is just the one whose power is loose enough that it is culturally appropriate to joke about it. Our last presidential race was literally between a child rapist and someone who covered for their husband being a child rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I don't know, from the statements of the complainants and his roommate, it sounds like that's the outcome he was looking for.