Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

lol they have four loko hard seltzer

i gotta find it

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
u gotta be making GBS threads me :concerned:

Areola Grande

welcome 2 the new normal

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

im drinkin some bourbon and water. it is nice as always. it's maybe getting cold and will be scotch/irish whiskey season? I think I'm going to try drinking irish whiskey instead of scotch this winter

actually I will drink whichever is cheapest i lied

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Prof. Crocodile

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

im drinkin some bourbon and water. it is nice as always. it's maybe getting cold and will be scotch/irish whiskey season? I think I'm going to try drinking irish whiskey instead of scotch this winter

actually I will drink whichever is cheapest i lied

cannot wait for whisk(e)y season, by which i mean breakfast

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I edit this speech as suits my needs and subject but it is one of my favorites ever:

quote:

My friends, I had not intended to discuss this controversial subject at this particular time. However, I want you to know that I do not shun controversy. On the contrary, I will take a stand on any issue at any time, regardless of how fraught with controversy it might be. You have asked me how I feel about whiskey. All right, here is how I feel about whiskey:

If when you say whiskey you mean the devil's brew, the poison scourge, the bloody monster, that defiles innocence, dethrones reason, destroys the home, creates misery and poverty, yea, literally takes the bread from the mouths of little children; if you mean the evil drink that topples the Christian man and woman from the pinnacle of righteous, gracious living into the bottomless pit of degradation, and despair, and shame and helplessness, and hopelessness, then certainly I am against it.

But, if when you say whiskey you mean the oil of conversation, the philosophic wine, the ale that is consumed when good fellows get together, that puts a song in their hearts and laughter on their lips, and the warm glow of contentment in their eyes; if you mean Christmas cheer; if you mean the stimulating drink that puts the spring in the old gentleman's step on a frosty, crispy morning; if you mean the drink which enables a man to magnify his joy, and his happiness, and to forget, if only for a little while, life's great tragedies, and heartaches, and sorrows; if you mean that drink, the sale of which pours into our treasuries untold millions of dollars, which are used to provide tender care for our little crippled children, our blind, our deaf, our dumb, our pitiful aged and infirm; to build highways and hospitals and schools, then certainly I am for it.

This is my stand. I will not retreat from it. I will not compromise.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Areola Grande

Trashed Crew 2: the Poison Scourge

Prof. Crocodile

that quote makes me think of this classic tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fqHr_KGPY

it's a little aggro for a weeknight trash, but it is epic a f

seeing these guys live all the time is one of the best things about living where i live.

Areola Grande

liking that fuzz guitar

Ass-penny

prepuce repurposed posted:

welcome 2 the new normal

Kill me now

Areola Grande

lmaoing

Areola Grande

tryna imagine the 12% seltzer experience rn and it's not working out well

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Trashed Crew: We Just Wanna Get Loko With You

The Voice of Labor

gonna have a ninkasi pilsner or two to get the taste of thinking about a four loko out of my mouth

Areola Grande

lol. that's probably 4 the best

take the moon

by sebmojo

Prof. Crocodile posted:

seeing these guys live all the time is one of the best things about living where i live.

i saw them once!!!

... a goon who turned out to be like more abusive than lowtax could ever be took me

they were touring their (afaik) second album

I love their song to friends old & new

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Prof. Crocodile

take the moon posted:

i saw them once!!!

... a goon who turned out to be like more abusive than lowtax could ever be took me

they were touring their (afaik) second album

I love their song to friends old & new

that is a beautiful song, which isn't something they normally do.

god that album was amazing. i remember the indie landscape beng kind of soft and mopey at the time, and the monitor just f'ing exploded with well-articulated anger and technically intense musicianship in a melange of styles.

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

that is a beautiful song, which isn't something they normally do.

god that album was amazing. i remember the indie landscape beng kind of soft and mopey at the time, and the monitor just f'ing exploded with well-articulated anger and technically intense musicianship in a melange of styles.

That's one of my favorite albums of all time. Starting to think you are my alt after all.... :tinfoil:

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

more falafel please

forums poster

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i saw them at a festival when they were touring for their first album, I believe in 2008, their parents were there which was cute. they were the first act of the day and it had just stopped raining so there were like 200 people there but they kicked rear end. I've seen them a couple other times too

Escape From Noise

Haven't had Four Loko since they took out the caffeine. Last nigh I drank a pastry stout from Great Notion. I think I posted about it. I couldn't finish it. Too cloyingly sweet and too many weird fruit and nut essences added so it just smells like cheap candy/perfume. I was eating dark chocolate with it and the beer was far sweeter. Like I think trying new stuff is cool and all but I hate this poo poo. Why is everyone so into Great Notion? I've never had a good beer from them. I remember going there when they'd just opened and like half the beer menu was kettle sours with fruit essences added so it tasted all artificial and stuff. They had a "blueberry muffin" beer that tasted like one of those cheap, pre packaged muffins you'd get at a convenience store or something. I dunno. Just irks me that this is the hot poo poo and really nice balanced beers are getting harder to come by. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

City of Glompton

hi

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Hello, welcome & trashed. :cheers:

Areola Grande

what up sis. u drankin?

City of Glompton

tito's vodka

i had a nice basil martini, and things have...devolved after that

more falafel please

forums poster

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Haven't had Four Loko since they took out the caffeine. Last nigh I drank a pastry stout from Great Notion. I think I posted about it. I couldn't finish it. Too cloyingly sweet and too many weird fruit and nut essences added so it just smells like cheap candy/perfume. I was eating dark chocolate with it and the beer was far sweeter. Like I think trying new stuff is cool and all but I hate this poo poo. Why is everyone so into Great Notion? I've never had a good beer from them. I remember going there when they'd just opened and like half the beer menu was kettle sours with fruit essences added so it tasted all artificial and stuff. They had a "blueberry muffin" beer that tasted like one of those cheap, pre packaged muffins you'd get at a convenience store or something. I dunno. Just irks me that this is the hot poo poo and really nice balanced beers are getting harder to come by. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

I think that stuff appeals to people who don't really like beer, but like novelty. breweries these days need to constantly be releasing new poo poo because the old model of three flagships and a seasonal doesn't work when people will just go to the new place that opened a year ago and has milkshake ipas and kettle sours and hard kombucha

I'm with you though. my kingdom for a brewery that makes a range of simple english, German, Belgian, and American beers and always has something on cask

more falafel please

forums poster

also like 80% of people are gonna think west coast ipa is disgusting, and part of that is because of the ibu arms race of the 2000s. I've heard so many people tell me they don't like ipa but they love zombie dust or daisy cutter

drat I'm gonna have an ipa now I think

Areola Grande

City of Glompton posted:

tito's vodka

i had a nice basil martini, and things have...devolved after that

I'm rewatching gran torino, probably because whites love gran torino. I'm trashed. It's hard 2 say. What are you listening to/watching rn CoG

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

i thought about diet 4loko again on the drive home and lol'd

"all of the loko with half the calories!"

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Areola Grande

lmao. Calorie responsible juggalo fuel

City of Glompton

I'm rewatching gran torino, probably because whites love gran torino. I'm trashed. It's hard 2 say. What are you listening to/watching rn CoG

i was playing my guitar but i had to put it down because i haven't played for awhile. hallelujah, buckskin lady, silver threads & golden needles

Areola Grande

City of Glompton posted:

i was playing my guitar but i had to put it down because i haven't played for awhile. hallelujah, buckskin lady, silver threads & golden needles

what are your thoughts on the Jeff Buckley version of Hallelujah

https://youtu.be/y8AWFf7EAc4

more falafel please

forums poster

this is what I'm talking about. excuse the glass I was drinking out of it before and didn't want to dirty another one.

6.3%, idk the IBU but it's gotta be no more than 45 or so. simcoe, nugget, and mosaic, hazy but not murky. i know they use the heady topper strain which with this much hop oil is just going to be hazy no matter what you do, but it also gives a nice peach ester. pretty soft mouthfeel, but not creamy. huge aromatics of citrus and tropical fruit, malt is basically not present in the nose at all. light malt flavor but definitely dominated by the hops through the middle, with stone fruit on the finish and enough bitterness to not leave an impression of sweetness. A Good Beer and a good brewery. of course they also do terrible milkshake poo poo because it sells like hotcakes

more falafel please fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 8, 2020

Areola Grande

looks somewhat loko

City of Glompton

what are your thoughts on the Jeff Buckley version of Hallelujah

https://youtu.be/y8AWFf7EAc4

any version of hallelujah is good

the song give me chills no matter what, it make it difficult to sing but that is ok

Areola Grande

City of Glompton posted:

any version of hallelujah is good

the song give me chills no matter what, it make it difficult to sing but that is ok

vocaroo it :stare:

City of Glompton

maybe this weekend, i haven't played for like 2 months i'm all out of practice

Areola Grande

:peanut:

City of Glompton

i favor the rufus wainwright version, i love how he sits in that chair, the vest does it for me, i don't care if it's the shrek version

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

i fuckin love shrek

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

i heard there was a bluish for'm
where chill posting had been the norm
join trashed crew for a drink or two or three
welcome, hello, post your pet
a kitten's chilling in a net
and now you're posting in ol' BYOB