Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Coolguye posted:

That’s some straight up space station 13 poo poo

You take a bite out of the deep fried fried fried lightly fried deeply fried fried lightly fried fried bundt cake

100% where my head was at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you deep fry something enough times it should move to stonelike rather than food.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

OwlFancier posted:

If you deep fry something enough times it should move to stonelike rather than food.

Wall (fryer-petrified corn)

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Anticheese posted:

100% where my head was at.

Man, I want to see an SS13 cooking mod with the whole fractal cooking thing.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I used to not pay attention to chocolate but it's surprisingly good at filling the recreation bar and doesn't go bad, so I keep some with my drugs. Right before engaging a raid I have each pawn eat some chocolate and take some wakeup to fill up all of their needs and now I no longer have major mental breaks after fights.

Chocolate trees are pretty insensitive to fertility so I grow them in patches of bad soil. Plenty of my psychoid tiles were stony or marshy soil; those are cocoa trees now

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

QuarkJets posted:

I used to not pay attention to chocolate but it's surprisingly good at filling the recreation bar and doesn't go bad, so I keep some with my drugs. Right before engaging a raid I have each pawn eat some chocolate and take some wakeup to fill up all of their needs and now I no longer have major mental breaks after fights.

Chocolate trees are pretty insensitive to fertility so I grow them in patches of bad soil. Plenty of my psychoid tiles were stony or marshy soil; those are cocoa trees now

Yeah if you have the climate for it it's definitely worth growing. The super long growing time just means it uses hardly any labor.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

This poor colonist. When I captured her a couple years ago she already had a peg leg. Now she's down an arm and the other leg.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

LonsomeSon posted:

Wall (fryer-petrified corn)

Excuse me I think you mean Petrifried Corn

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I have a grizzly bear who I guess took a bullet to the brain and became a vegetable without me noticing, I've been feeding this bear vegetable for weeks! I wish that the game could alert you when a creature gets brain damaged. I guess that getting downed was a clue but that could have been simple blood loss or leg damage

I've had this problem with colonists before too, eventually I notice that Timmy has been in bed for awhile and oops that's because he has no legs, I could have fixed that weeks ago!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Last night I also experienced for the first time an allied faction randomly dropping into my base during a raid. A bunch of gun-toting psychos were running toward my base and then a bunch of friendly imperial drop pods suddenly started coming in. That was pretty cool!

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I've had allies come in before, and you can even have multiple allies show up for battles.

The problem comes in when those allies are enemies to each other.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

That just sounds like an excellent scavenging opportunity.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
The problem is that anyone that dies to anything other than a death dealing hit in battle is blamed on you. And anyone that gets hit due to stray bullets from auto-turrets is blamed on you.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
yeah that's exactly what happened. I couldn't handle the number of allies that feel over incapacitated and lost a lot of rep with both factions, and they didn't actually help with the attack since they slaughtered each other.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Fill out a container with hardcore drugs, booze, scavenged weapons, cheap clothes and extra vegetables, and toss it to your ex-allies. They are back in line and could not care less about the pawns they just lost to your kill box being too good at its job.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Hmm apparently the game now has a pretty strong incentive for looting even tainted armor off of dead raiders - you can smelt it into steel and plasteel.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ShadowHawk posted:

Hmm apparently the game now has a pretty strong incentive for looting even tainted armor off of dead raiders - you can smelt it into steel and plasteel.

The real incentive is in turning dead raiders into kibble and human leather dusters, smelting their armor is just the cherry on top.

Even just selling human leather you will make thousands of silver from one stupid raid, human leather is bizarrely high-priced.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

And everybody's cool with it, too.

The gentle outlander union shows up and you're all, "hey can I trade you this 1500 human leather for some plasteel" and they're all, "sure, cool, that's a great trade."

1, who the gently caress would trust anyone who has a stockpile of 1500 human leather and
2, who the gently caress would make use of 1500 human leather if they're supposedly a gentle outlander union

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Look man. Out on the rim? It's waste not, want not. Those raider assholes that show up like clockwork can be put to use.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Locally sourced, free range human leather. 100% certified jerkface product, ethically sourced and sustainably grown.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

KirbyKhan posted:

Locally sourced, free range human leather. 100% certified jerkface product, ethically sourced and sustainably grown.

Speaking of this, it's a little ridiculous that my colonists get upset when I harvest a kidney from some chump who was just trying to kill them and would have died if not for the colony's doctors. And those same idiot colonists have no problem when I buy a kidney with zero provenance from some shady 'exotic good merchant,' who could not any more clearly be a black-market salesman.

Like, come on guys, kidneys don't get much more ethically sourced than 'from that dude who was just trying to kill you and who is alive in thanks to our medicine.' I mean, poo poo in the US I'd probably be relieved that cost of my life saving medical care was just a kidney.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

And if they come in high on go-juice, your doctor was pulling an extended shift patching up 20 separate bullet holes.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

twice burned ice posted:

Speaking of this, it's a little ridiculous that my colonists get upset when I harvest a kidney from some chump who was just trying to kill them and would have died if not for the colony's doctors. And those same idiot colonists have no problem when I buy a kidney with zero provenance from some shady 'exotic good merchant,' who could not any more clearly be a black-market salesman.

Like, come on guys, kidneys don't get much more ethically sourced than 'from that dude who was just trying to kill you and who is alive in thanks to our medicine.' I mean, poo poo in the US I'd probably be relieved that cost of my life saving medical care was just a kidney.

Yea it's like they don't care if kidneys are harvested in general, they just don't want it being done in their backyard so to speak. It's quite an apt metaphor for the current state of affairs, really.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's possible those black market organs were harvested from cadavers. Your dudes never master that technology but we know it can be done.

:clint:: Hey doc, can you remove Stumpy Pete's pegleg before we administer this miraculous resurrection serum so the nanites will grow him a new leg?
:geno:: no

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

It does seem a bit wrong that colonists have a higher negative opinion of harvesting a prisoner's kidney than executing them

But that may well be consistent with how people behave in the real world (the United States, for instance, executes prisoners but doesn't harvest their organs afterwards).

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Is there a way to make colonists remember their bedrooms after a field trip? If you have a guy that's greedy, jealous, royal, or even ascetic and they grab the wrong room then they're mad the room doesn't match their preferences.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Facebook Aunt posted:

Is there a way to make colonists remember their bedrooms after a field trip? If you have a guy that's greedy, jealous, royal, or even ascetic and they grab the wrong room then they're mad the room doesn't match their preferences.

I believe they do anyway, unless you give away their bed while they're away or have them sleep in a bed on their trip during a mission

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ShadowHawk posted:

I believe they do anyway, unless you give away their bed while they're away or have them sleep in a bed on their trip during a mission

Yeah it's the sleeping in another bed that clears it. I guess they are only allowed to own one bed at a time. It's just annoying if I stay at a site for a couple days to let wimps heal up and murder all the local wildlife when they get home I have to make sure the Greedy guy and the Ascetic guy don't swap rooms and then both get mad about it.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
There's A Mod For That (TM)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2130184293

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cool, thanks!

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
After a while grappling with different mods, that cowboy colony I mentioned a while ago is coming along pretty nicely. Close to the end of the first yera and I've got the saloon starting to look on theme!

I love doing dumb gimmick stuff like this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Playing a small cannibal fort.

My sniper keeps hitting on the doctor... who is married. This loving game. :allears:

Voyeur
Dec 5, 2000
I like to watch.

PMush Perfect posted:

Playing a small cannibal fort.

My sniper keeps hitting on the doctor... who is married. This loving game. :allears:

Married to a selection of Fine Meals and a couple of dusters? That's a marriage doomed to failure, your sniper's in with more than a chance.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It's fall. Due to a series of events, my freezer is full of angry thrumbos.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Voyeur posted:

Married to a selection of Fine Meals and a couple of dusters? That's a marriage doomed to failure, your sniper's in with more than a chance.
No, the doctor's wife is a cannibal, too. And she's the one who makes the dusters.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Guildencrantz posted:

After a while grappling with different mods, that cowboy colony I mentioned a while ago is coming along pretty nicely. Close to the end of the first yera and I've got the saloon starting to look on theme!

I love doing dumb gimmick stuff like this.

I wish there was a mod for North American desert critters. I've tried my hand at something similar with the Diego Dire storyteller and the lions ruin *mah immersion* too much.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

queserasera posted:

I wish there was a mod for North American desert critters. I've tried my hand at something similar with the Diego Dire storyteller and the lions ruin *mah immersion* too much.
Aw, come off it, y'old coot. That right there's jes an extra-hairy bobcat.

Edit: God, the high drama of small forts. A hits on B. B rejects A. B hits on C. C rejects B. A goes maximum Chad, hits on C. A and C engaged before the end of the season. :allears:

B is continuing to do her damnedest to hit on A and C, despite them being married now. I almost feel bad for her.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 10, 2020

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Rimworld: No Country for Old Swingers

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

I had 3 prisoners I'd been slowly wearing down to recruit for over a season. Another large raid came in and five more were added to the hospital. New prisoners get patched up and are allowed to heal before being put into cryptosleep so that they can be given to the Empire when the tribute collector arrives.

Most of my colonists left on a shuttle quest mission to attack a raider outpost. Right as they were about to head back the gang of injured prisoners staged a prison break. My remaining colonists tried to subdue them with maces. One got overwhelmed by the injured inhabitants, who happened to be carrying a doomsday rocket launcher. A prisoner picked it up and fired it into the crowd, killing all the other prisoners and downing the guards. He then hobbled off the map just as the shuttle with the rest of my colonists was returning.

Well done sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Can someone with Android Tiers experience explain to me the basics of operating the Skymind network?

Specifically:

Will all my androids be lost to hacking if I don't build security?

Can I gain new android colonists permanently by hacking them? If so, does this aggro their faction?

What's with the servers and temperature? I've built a loving freezer for a server room, and at 2 degrees C they still flag 'slightly overheating' - and that's just the first tier servers :confused: