Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh no my occasional comics enjoyment :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

The exit ripple looks like a Gamer Popeye face

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They're actually playing a classic edutainment game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb3XhWL3rEQ

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Odell Lake ruled.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The last Womp! strip will be Ronnie smothering his angry slave-driver imaginary friend to death with a pillow, throwing his writing desk through a window and running away from webcomics to his freedom like the end of One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ronnie is having an existential crisis

Could this be ...... the end of Womp!??

Oh gently caress, a classic Trent Reznor "I'm happy, therefore my art is destroyed, therefore my fans hate me" loop!

I'm sure Ronnie will pull himself out.

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

Heath posted:

I want Ronnie to feel good

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I was sorta hoping Ronnie's ultimate destiny was to become Santa, both inside and outside the comic :gbsmith:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The last Womp! strip will be Ronnie smothering his angry slave-driver imaginary friend to death with a pillow, throwing his writing desk through a window and running away from webcomics to his freedom like the end of One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

...when suddenly BLAM! SNERT!

Ronnie was a gamer.

e: Is the strip where Ronnie is an anime dad still running?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Whomp "ends" with Ronnie hanging himself but instead of an actual ending it becomes a weird fantasy comic taking place inside the broken mind of the roommate who found him.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I think you can draw a lot of parallels between garfield and whomp, and so like the internet has done to garfield, ronny should just branch out into insane self parody.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fools Infinite posted:

I think you can draw a lot of parallels between garfield and whomp, and so like the internet has done to garfield, ronny should just branch out into insane self parody.

Agrias just talking to herself and frowning.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

InediblePenguin posted:

yes people get weirdly angry that there are trans people in the comic haha but it's not because any of the people who are angry are at all transphobic in any way! everyone loves trans people they just think it's not fair for jeph jacques to include them or have their inclusion noticed or something, for some reason that has literally no connection to transphobia in the hearts of any person anywhere.

a large majority of the people i've seen with raging hateboners for QC over this were themselves trans or NB so, while i see what you're trying to get at here, this is maybe not a situation where it applies.

e: like, i realize it's easy to read this situation as "chuds getting mad that there's a trans character in the comic," but it's really more accurately described as "queer people getting mad that the comic's cis author handled a trans character in a kinda clumsy and heavy-handed way."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I stopped reading QC because it was boring and plodding. Really it was daring and inclusive of Jeph Jacques to write trans women as badly as he wrote cis women (and cis men on the few occasions he had one that wasn't his self insert show up in the comic).

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
if you wanna hate QC then fine but the comic has been p good lately imo

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Skwirl posted:

I haven't read something positive in probably a decade, the only joke I remember from it is the main character giving a woman a coat hanger as a baby shower gift.

That's literally the first strip. He really buried the lede on that one.

I just like it because it starts out as a comic about snarky 20 something misanthropes and you get to watch them become beaten down by life into perpetually exhausted middle aged adults. I can really identify with that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

a large majority of the people i've seen with raging hateboners for QC over this were themselves trans or NB so, while i see what you're trying to get at here, this is maybe not a situation where it applies.

e: like, i realize it's easy to read this situation as "chuds getting mad that there's a trans character in the comic," but it's really more accurately described as "queer people getting mad that the comic's cis author handled a trans character in a kinda clumsy and heavy-handed way."

Pretty sure it was basically both. And I think he was the guy who stabbed his own hand because people were mad that he didn't draw an overweight character as fat enough for their liking.

sinburger posted:

That's literally the first strip. He really buried the lede on that one.

I just like it because it starts out as a comic about snarky 20 something misanthropes and you get to watch them become beaten down by life into perpetually exhausted middle aged adults. I can really identify with that.

The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure it's got standard webcomic time where it's like maybe six months of time that's passed since the start of the comic to the latest update, one year max

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure it's got standard webcomic time where it's like maybe six months of time that's passed since the start of the comic to the latest update, one year max

Nah it's got actual passing time. Most noticeable with the kids getting older.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Nah it's got actual passing time. Most noticeable with the kids getting older.

There's loving kids in that comic now?

QC is basically if John Allison was incredibly boring.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/MKupperman/status/1314103372090429440

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

That's like a cool hand luke alternate cut.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

That's like a cool hand luke alternate cut.

Beetle Bailey's Enigma of Amigara Fault

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The liars are coming

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

CAROL posted:

The liars are coming

They are??? GREAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10jsebnc2aA

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

Looks more like the creepertainment game for the Dreamcast, Seaman.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

it's just funny how i keep seeing people here explicitly complain in the form "he puts all these trans characters in" as if that is the problem, without elaborating on why it is a problem in order to make it clear that the issue is what you've said. there ARE folks who say what you've said and there are also folks who just point out that he fills his comic with trans characters, and that is the stated criticism they display, you feel me

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure it was basically both. And I think he was the guy who stabbed his own hand because people were mad that he didn't draw an overweight character as fat enough for their liking.

He drew a stereotypical "dumpy" gamer girl in a bikini looking normal-ish, and the next day had stabbed himself in the hand and made a bunch angry posts about it, and had several days of guest artists posting.

InediblePenguin posted:

it's just funny how i keep seeing people here explicitly complain in the form "he puts all these trans characters in" as if that is the problem, without elaborating on why it is a problem in order to make it clear that the issue is what you've said. there ARE folks who say what you've said and there are also folks who just point out that he fills his comic with trans characters, and that is the stated criticism they display, you feel me

Maybe it was just adjacent to him/his fanbase but I also seem to recall the whole plot with the regular cis guy just 100% fine with dating a trans woman was handled poorly, followed up with postings from him like "yeah if guys won't date transwomen its because they are hateful transphobes" and a lot of other virture signaling.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 12:24 on Oct 8, 2020

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

morallyobjected posted:

if you wanna hate QC then fine but the comic has been p good lately imo

I respect that even though literally nothing happens, he still redrew the scene six times. Unfortunately reading this filled me with a heavy, leaden silence

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Not bad, there's a certain dream logic that makes absurd humour work so well. The hangnail one in particular is terrifyingly familiar.

Also, there's a covid joke for the astronaut one.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

the qc artist wants to gently caress realdolls and that's why he put them in his comic

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sad that people have already forgotten Thag Simmons.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I used to read QC every day when i was younger and it was not yet just about robutts. It wasn't especially fun or meaningful but it was kinda nice to wake up and see the next five panels of my cool online friends' conversation. Extremely parasocial imo.

Of course before that my main daily checkins were 8 bit theater and El Goonish Shive (i was too dumb to see the horny) so maybe i'm just real stupid.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I think I read some of Something Positive some years ago. That's the one where the author solved the problem of having a character be the designated villain by making every single character the most horrible person imaginable, right?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I used to read QC every day when i was younger and it was not yet just about robutts. It wasn't especially fun or meaningful but it was kinda nice to wake up and see the next five panels of my cool online friends' conversation. Extremely parasocial imo.

Of course before that my main daily checkins were 8 bit theater and El Goonish Shive (i was too dumb to see the horny) so maybe i'm just real stupid.

Well, 8bit theatre was good.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
8bit theater had a long pupae stage where it was just reformatted Simpsons jokes but afterwards it eventually got it's own legs.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I have decided to revisit The Parking Lot is Full. I probably won't spend a lot of time posting them unless I REALLY like one so he's the archive, have fun:
http://j.aufbix.org/plif/archive/archive.htm

Desert Bus has a new favorite as of 15:28 on Oct 8, 2020

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Whybird posted:

Beetle Bailey's Enigma of Amigara Fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Fister Roboto posted:

odell down under was better because you could be a fuckin great white shark :coolfish:

:lol: