Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Why is Trump debating Jeremy Paxman?

edit: oh gently caress a page snipe, do I have to do a thing in this thread?

Ok I can't draw, so i'll do an imagination cartoon - picture this: Boris Johnson, and he's dangling from strings like a puppet, and we can see who is controlling him, and it's Jean Claude Junker and Angela Merkle - but it's ok, because Nigel Farage is holding a big pair of scissors and he's riding a gleaming white steed which has a union jack saddle and you can see his socks too which are also union jacks. But oh no! You think he's coming to cut the string so Boris will be free, but actually he plunges the scissors into his back.
It's about that tweet from today you see, where Nigel said that Boris should keep his promises when he signs international treaties

DaWolfey fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Corbyn apologised for attending a dinner party for nine people

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

DaWolfey posted:

Why is Trump debating Jeremy Paxman?

edit: oh gently caress a page snipe, do I have to do a thing in this thread?

Ok I can't draw, so i'll do an imagination cartoon - picture this: Boris Johnson, and he's dangling from strings like a puppet, and we can see who is controlling him, and it's Jean Claude Junker and Angela Merkle - but it's ok, because Nigel Farage is holding a big pair of scissors and he's riding a gleaming white steed which has a union jack saddle and you can see his socks too which are also union jacks. But oh no! You think he's coming to cut the string so Boris will be free, but actually he plunges the scissors into his back.
It's about that tweet from today you see, where Nigel said that Boris should keep his promises when he signs international treaties

Here, have 250000 pounds a year. Give us a cartoon every week

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It sounds like it needs at least two panels. It might be too complicated for some readers

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here's the plan, you replace Boris with the British Isles and cut the second panel entirely, then we publish it with your name on it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the EU's legal action against the UK – The EU has begun a formal infringement process against the UK over its internal market bill, designed to overwrite aspects of the withdrawal agreement"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Trump and first lady Melania test positive for coronavirus :hawaaaafap:

Independent:

Priti Patel looked at idea of sending asylum seekers to South Atlantic

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the local lockdowns

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Donald Trump getting coronavirus – The US presidential election has been plunged into disarray after Donald Trump and his wife, Melania, tested positive for coronavirus after weeks in which the US president sought to suggest the worst of the pandemic was over"

Telegraph:

Trump begins first full day at hospital after Covid diagnosis

Matt:

Independent:

After Dali.

The i paper:

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on...Trump's coronavirus battle

Stephen Collins:

Dido Harding appointment ‘corrupting our constitution’ – Lord Falconer
Also an expanded version of last week's comic.

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

that Matt made me chuckle

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Dabir posted:

seek medical attention

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Dabir posted:

This must be a very difficult time for you and your family.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Donald Trump keeps busy during self-isolation – Chris Riddell on the US president testing positive for coronavirus days after the first election debate"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Donald Trump's supporters and Covid – By the time the sun rose on Walter Reed medical center in suburban Washington on Sunday, a diverse but small group of 15 supporters had gathered by the gate, waving Trump banners towards the passing drivers, whose reactions ranged from a honking horn to a middle finger and curses"

Telegraph:

Cineworld to cut 45,000 jobs as Covid closes cinemas

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Time to die? British cinemas fear ruin without latest James Bond film

Evening Standard:

New jobs coaches will help people back to work, says Rishi Sunak

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on England's Covid cases IT error – More than 50,000 potentially infectious people may have been missed by contact tracers and not told to self-isolate because of the data blunder that meant nearly 16,000 coronavirus cases went unreported in England"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Boris Johnson to unveil plan to power all UK homes with wind by 2030

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Donald Trump's big recovery

David Squires:

Bonus! David Squires on The Fast and The Furious franchise.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

gently caress off, Matt.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's wind-power pledge — Boris Johnson has promised to power every home in the UK with offshore wind energy within a decade, pledging to make the coronavirus pandemic a catalyst for green growth"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Trump's White House return

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Telegraph putting the boot in there in a rather unexpected way.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, Blower doing a cartoon where the target is the tories economic competence rather than specific oddballs is off brand.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It supports their "reopen everything" position. They're attacking Boris for being insufficiently old-Boris. His time in hospital obviously ruined his pristine and perfect conservative mind.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Yeah, Blower is bashing johnson for daring to restrict anything anywhere rather than his being a massive tory, same as Bob. if the economy is bad it's only because boris has neglected to let a deadly virus overrun the entire population in the name of number go up, this is his only flaw.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, but by putting 'Conservatives' front and centre it's associating economic damage with the tory party, normally Blower (and Bob) would only dare to jump hyenalike on an already unpopular tory and leave it at that.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I assumed that was part of the photo op he was referencing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It is, but Blower could have changed it to something 'humourous' like 'Boris Bluster' or something.

Leaving it as is thematically ties 'Conservatives' to 'economic devastation'. I'm sure he'll be back on his bullshit tomorrow but it's an unusual choice.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Might be a dig at them for letting him. Inspiring the backbenchers to react with a "not ALL conservatives!" type of thing.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's White House balcony appearance — A contagious Donald Trump returned to the White House on Monday and immediately took off his face mask for a photo op, despite being in close proximity to his staff"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Keir Starmer urges PM to set out evidence for new lockdown measures

Times:

Starmer says he has 'very good relationship' with Unite boss; New toothless, two-fingered dinosaur species discovered

Evening Standard:

UK hospitality industry fears 300,000 job losses unless PM helps now

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... northern uproar over lockdown

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the UK's three-tiered Covid restrictions — A new three-tier lockdown system is being planned for England, with leaked government documents paving the way for potential harsher restrictions" After Nedeljkovich, Brashich, & Kuharich.

gently caress Off Bob:

Science bad!

Matt:

Bonus! Matt on his favourite Covid-19 cartoons: ‘I think laughing at something makes it less frightening’ - It has been the gloomiest of years, but we can always rely on Matt to lift the clouds and find some gentle humour in the darkest times

Independent:

Pretty fly for a white guy: insect on Mike Pence's head upstages vice-president

Times:

Evening Standard:

Empire State Building lights up blue for John Lennon's 80th birthday

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the random lockdown rules

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
haha t'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak's Covid-19 job support scheme – Northern leaders have described the chancellor’s scheme to pay two-thirds of wages for workers at firms forced to close during new coronavirus lockdowns as a “kick in the teeth”"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Gustave Doré.

The i paper:

Times:

Third of Queen's birthday honours go to heroes of pandemic

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… the Queen's birthday honours

'You're ALL heroes – at last one has something to celebrate'.

Stephen Collins:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
That's an extremely burly queen :manning:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Paul Thomas only knows how to draw Ray Winstones

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Coronavirus lockdowns: it's one rule for them – As local restrictions begin to bite, Britons question the logic behind them"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the UK's differing coronavirus restrictions – Boris Johnson will on Monday unveil plans to simply England’s local coronavirus restrictions" After MC Escher.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on England's three-tier Covid system — A swathe of northern England could join Liverpool under the highest level of restrictions, Boris Johnson indicated as he unveiled a new, three-tier Covid rules system for England"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson ‘betraying his red wall voters’ over lockdown cash

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... locked-down Liverpool

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on coronavirus and herd immunity — The head of the World Health Organization has warned against deliberately allowing coronavirus to spread in the hope of achieving so-called herd immunity, saying the idea is unethical"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Government scraps ballet dancer reskilling ad criticised as 'crass'; Covid: ministers ignored Sage advice to impose lockdown or face catastrophe

Times:

Evening Standard:

Keir Starmer presses Boris Johnson on why he rejected Covid 'circuit breaker'

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Boris Johnson's SAGE war

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's circuit breaker refusal – Keir Starmer has piled more pressure on the prime minister over his refusal to implement a national ‘circuit breaker’ lockdown in England"

Telegraph:

Bonus?! Love Blower's 'toons? Buy his 1000-piece jigsaw depicting the year 2020 for £25!

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Covid: London to face tighter restrictions from Friday night

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Boris Johnson's circuit breaker

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
That boris turkey is genuinely disturbing :/

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I'd rather stick wasps up myself, to be perfectly frank

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Queen's visit to Porton Down – The Queen and Prince William have been criticised for failing to wear a mask during an official engagement at Porton Down defence laboratory" (Porton Down - Wikipedia)

Telegraph:

Independent:

Consultants' fees 'up to £6,250 a day' for work on Covid test system; After John Heartfield.

Times:

After LS Lowry.

Evening Standard:

UK doctors and health experts back Covid-19 'circuit breaker'

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... our lockdown game of chance

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson: shadows darken for Boris Johnson – The prime minister, already struggling to control the coronavirus crisis, has told the UK to prepare for a no-deal Brexit on 1 January 2021"

gently caress Off Bob:

Independent:

What did Boris Johnson mean by an Australia-style system of trade?; After George Stubbs.

The i paper:

Times:

Johnson must fold on fishing rights to avoid no-deal Brexit, Macron warns

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Queen not wearing a face covering

Stephen Collins:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Man, Collins is great, he's my favourite right after Squires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Brexit: the dark at the end of the tunnel – As if coronavirus were not enough, the ogre of a no deal lurks"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times: