Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

started feeling really bad about calling anyone an nfl defender on here. That was uncalled for bull poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

whos that broooown posted:

You're pretty far behind, tbh

nah i'm here, still the only one worth reading

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

sharknado slashfic posted:

nah i'm here, still the only one worth reading

I'm saying it's common knowledge among people who follow quality football

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

maybe when cavoro said joe burrow was the campion

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Failing to see the error

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Sexist gently caress

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Its amazing that only one team has had a major outbreak a quarter into the season

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Even teams with professional grounds crew and millions of dollars often can’t keep their field in decent enough shape to avoid destroying players knees, and those fields only get used once or twice a week. I feel like trying to turn a bunch of random sites in one city into fields that could survive the abuse of repeated NFL practices and games probably isn’t possible on a short timeframe.

the point I was trying to make was more "even in a city horribly plagued by COVID and way too tiny to handle the entire National Football League we could scrounge up enough fields and hotels to theoretically manage it; everywhere else really has no excuse //// the nfl really has no excuse for not being able to manage it anywhere else"

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

A bubble from Canton to Cleveland is the only answer.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

It is in fact totally possible

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am here to defend the honor of the NFL.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

whos that broooown posted:

Sexist gently caress

i cant hear you i dont think this thing is on sorry

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

i cant hear you i dont think this thing is on sorry

Par for the course

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Top of the Lake is pretty dec

whos that broooown fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 8, 2020

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Whoosh

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 8, 2020

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I appreciate the ideas, but I think the Titans should agree to be relocated to Sacramento. There they would have a dedicated yet confused fan base. They could be contenders for a handful of years before falling off a cliff due to seemingly bad officiating and proceed to overpay fringe great players until they fall so far in to irrelevance that they get neither stars nor picks. ...Wait, what sport is this?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
dont you send that loving plague ship to my city

And the Kings are the Browns, if anything

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Fire has been used for millennia in the treatment of plagues, California is the perfect destination.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1314079160005021697

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Cool you found 1 stadium. Now find 7 more and practice and training facilities for 32 teams in 1 city.

It's not like every City in the US doesn't have at least 10 football fields fire high schoolers to play at. Hell some of them are nicer than lower tier NCAA div 1 teams stadiums.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Schedule wise the bubbles would have been pretty simple with the other conference you were going to play.

AFC East/NFC West
AFC North/NFC East
AFC West/NFC South
AFC South/NFC North

Play your own division 3 times each = 9 games
Play the other division 2 times each - 1 random game = 7 games

Obviously you lose some interconference matchups but you could alleviate it with one bubble switch around midseason or starting with the out of conference games then moving into the 2nd bubble after a bye week.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

spanky69 posted:

Schedule wise the bubbles would have been pretty simple with the other conference you were going to play.

AFC East/NFC West
AFC North/NFC East
AFC West/NFC South
AFC South/NFC North

Obviously you lose some interconference matchups but you could alleviate it with one bubble switch around midseason or starting with the out of conference games then moving into the 2nd bubble after a bye week.

There are a surprising amount of high end resorts lined along the allegheny mountains

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

spanky69 posted:

AFC North/NFC East

Oh my god the slaughter here.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

uh, are you familiar with baltimore

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

spanky69 posted:

AFC West/NFC South

ummmmm no thank you i don't wanna go a whole season only winning against the Falcons

e: actually i just looked at the schedule and i think the real one might be worse, lol

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

JK Dobbins and Terry McLaurin are cool as gently caress.

Maybe focus on them for a while.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Like you wouldn't love an easy 9-0

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Put them in literal bubbles. All the football players and coaches have to spend the next few months inside giant hamster balls. It'd improve player safety and turn football into a giant game of pinball, win/win.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Mega64 posted:

Put them in literal bubbles. All the football players and coaches have to spend the next few months inside giant hamster balls. It'd improve player safety and turn football into a giant game of pinball, win/win.

National Zorb League.

Anyway, even if you could come up with a way to house and feed the thousands of people involved in some kind of bubble, you’d still be asking them to become hermits for the best part of six months, a big ask especially for people with families and/or vulnerable relatives, who really can’t join the bubble without complicating the already-complicated whole thing by several orders of magnitude, and all this while relying on everyone in the bubble to not be an idiot. Australia was doing great quarantining everyone who came into the country until (this was the rumour at the time anyway) some of the quarantine hotel employees started loving quarantined arrivals and brought the virus back, resulting in all of Melbourne being locked down for weeks.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You caught me the NFL defender

This I can get sure but man it sounds like so much chat is it can be done NBD 1/4 into the season.

No one is saying this.

Problem solved!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The NFL's plan for handling COVID this season was literally "hope". That's it.

Unfortunately hope is not a strategy.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

hope dies in nashville

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1314186407892660224

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pretend i photoshopped a coronavirus where the ball is

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Putting aside the scheduling challenges and potential forfeitures, it can't be great from a competitive perspective to allow a debilitating virus to just rampage through your roster unchecked.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
In hindsight that group kiss at the end of our illegal scrimmage was a bit risky

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
If the season ends, I will be denied seeing what fashion choices Rob Ryan will make the next time he's on Sky Sports, like this sexy number

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNFL/status/1314188973502271488

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

fsif posted:

Putting aside the scheduling challenges and potential forfeitures, it can't be great from a competitive perspective to allow a debilitating virus to just rampage through your roster unchecked.

they have no choice, the NFL didn't tell them that it's bad to die

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Why even bother with this charade? I'm not certain the Titans will even stop testing positive in time to play the Texans.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1314193236240498689?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

If the season ends, I will be denied seeing what fashion choices Rob Ryan will make the next time he's on Sky Sports, like this sexy number

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNFL/status/1314188973502271488

Rob Ryan is slowly turning into Gary Spivey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Joey Freshwater posted:

Rob Ryan is slowly turning into Gary Spivey

I ain't going to lie, I wish I had the courage to wear a shirt like that