Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

* Schedule subject to change due to the NFL's wonderful handling of the pandemic.

Week 4 Quick Reads

r.i.p. Big Ol' Buttholechin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lmao NFCE

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers could get to 3-2 AND get Dan Quinn fired?

If he survives another week?

Count me in!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers could get to 3-2 AND get Dan Quinn fired?

If he survives another week?

Count me in!

Surely you want to keep him there until you have played them twice?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
getting a coach fired is the best AND you get to play a really bad team again later after embarrassing them earlier in the season?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ny at dallas may decide the outcome of the nfce.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

nerve posted:

getting a coach fired is the best AND you get to play a really bad team again later after embarrassing them earlier in the season?

:hmmyes:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

nerve posted:

The season where a bunch of teams immediately fired their coach after playing the Packers was magical.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1313463191737901059

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol they had to put this out because Flores stepped in it yesterday

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
God the NFC East is so loving bad

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I dream of a 6 win NFC East winner.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pretty bold to believe there will be 5 more games

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You think one of these teams is gonna win 6 times?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Nodoze posted:

You think one of these teams is gonna win 6 times?

They have to play eachother.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
This is why you root for tie games.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

wearing my Eagles hoodie today, 1-2-1 first place hell yeah

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
game theory dictates that I should root for the Giants over the Cowboys but I simply cannot. go EAGLES boo on the STEELERS

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
This is it. The Bears last chance to beat Tom Brady. Please Bears. Please.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

indigi posted:

game theory dictates that I should root for the Giants over the Cowboys but I simply cannot. go EAGLES boo on the STEELERS

Giants and cowboys tie eliminating the eagles .5 game lead.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Unreasonably excited for Dallas vs. NYG.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

OneMoreTime posted:

Unreasonably excited for Dallas vs. NYG.

As much as I love NFC East clownball, the Giants offense is pure rear end and they’ll probably only score 9 points for the third week in a row.

On the other hand, Jason Garrett against the Cowboys may open a portal to a dimension of clownball never before glimpsed by man.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

fartknocker posted:

As much as I love NFC East clownball, the Giants offense is pure rear end and they’ll probably only score 9 points for the third week in a row.

On the other hand, Jason Garrett against the Cowboys may open a portal to a dimension of clownball never before glimpsed by man.

There's a chance that Garrett devotes all his gameplanning acumen into this one game and that, combined with the Cowboys' defense, results in terms Giants scoring 30 points this game before plummeting back to Earth for the rest of the season.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm really excited for the Rams matchup against FOOTBALL TEAM

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Giants and cowboys tie eliminating the eagles .5 game lead.

We need a 5-10-1 4 way tie for the division.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I think Broncos v Pats will be a fun game to watch but not a victory

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MD2020 posted:

There's a chance that Garrett devotes all his gameplanning acumen into this one game and that, combined with the Cowboys' defense, results in terms Giants scoring 30 points this game before plummeting back to Earth for the rest of the season.

I’d take it. The Giants have scored a total of 47 points so far this season. :negative:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MD2020 posted:

30 points won't be enough to beat Dallas, though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
That Cowboys defense is going to make Daniel Jones look elite, even if it's one game.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They have to play eachother.

Sounds like a bunch of 1-1 splits to me

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

30 points won't be enough to beat Dallas, though.

All we need is one of those clown fiesta games where neither offense can do anything but turn it over in stupid ways or have bad drops. Eagles and Cowboys are good for one or two of those each a year lol

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Did the Panthers hire their first good coach? Sure seems that way!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm reading that, apparently, yesterday morning Goodell threatened teams that the league would force them to forfeit games if they keep loving up with COVID.

quote:

“Protocol violations that result in virus spread requiring adjustments to the schedule or otherwise impacting other teams will result in additional financial and competitive discipline, including the adjustment or loss of draft choices or even the forfeit of a game,” Goodell wrote in the memo obtained by The Associated Press.

“Simply put, compliance is mandatory. Now is the time to recommit ourselves to our protocols and best practices for the duration of the season.”

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm reading that, apparently, yesterday morning Goodell threatened teams that the league would force them to forfeit games if they keep loving up with COVID.

I think forfeit would have to involve “we threw a party no masks no masters gently caress you goodell” or something that extreme

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"Adjustment" of draft picks is interesting to me. I think we've only ever seen draft picks stripped from a team? Are there any examples of the NFL "adjusting" draft picks to be a lower round or something?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

SKULL.GIF posted:

"Adjustment" of draft picks is interesting to me. I think we've only ever seen draft picks stripped from a team? Are there any examples of the NFL "adjusting" draft picks to be a lower round or something?

yeah you just have sashi brown as your GM, works out the same

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How about they start by having everyone on the sidelines wearing the same loving mask instead of lady's underwear or whatever the hell Gruden has had around his mouth.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

I vaguely recall it happening a few times for teams that violated salary cap in the past or something like that, where it was moved to the bottom of the round? This would have been late 90’s or early 00’s...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hope the Chargers win this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

How about they start by having everyone on the sidelines wearing the same loving mask instead of lady's underwear or whatever the hell Gruden has had around his mouth.

Alright I finally googled this and lmao