Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you remember that time spider-man went up behind gwen stacey and just snapped her neck like he was steven seagal for no reason at all, that was hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Norman tried to throw her to safety but alas.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Kindred is Jean Dewolff or Richard fisk

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Please let Kindred be Uncle Ben. Or I guess the unnamed robber who killed him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr Hootington posted:

Kindred is Jean Dewolff or Richard fisk

Richard Fisk would be weird since the last time he was relevant was in Daredevil and his mother had him killed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kindred is a previously unmentioned character who was totally around the whole time, just off-panel.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

poo poo, is Kindred Captain Stacy?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Kindred is six baby May Parkers from different universes standing on each other's shoulders.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Kindred is one of the protestors Peter shouted at during college.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trad Moore loving owns.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Kindred is probably just an edgelord Peter. The real mystery is who the big bug is.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Wasn’t the original explanation for how Gwen died that “the fall killed her”?

Like not the neck snap, not hitting the ground, the writer thought the act of falling itself was sufficient to somehow kill her?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Skwirl posted:

Richard Fisk would be weird since the last time he was relevant was in Daredevil and his mother had him killed.

Fisk is currently a demon prince in hell.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nilbop posted:

Wasn’t the original explanation for how Gwen died that “the fall killed her”?

Like not the neck snap, not hitting the ground, the writer thought the act of falling itself was sufficient to somehow kill her?

The original explanation was the whiplash killed her. Then later it was said that Gwen died of shock during the fall, so was already dead before the web got her.

The current official position seems to come from Kurt Busiek's Marvels, where Phil Sheldon says that it looked like Gwen was dead before getting caught, but he's not sure.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It really doesn't matter in the end though, Peter would blame himself either way and his constant guilt is the important part.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

It really doesn't matter in the end though, Peter would blame himself either way and his constant guilt is the important part.

It's way better if there isn't a definite answer on how exactly she died and like you say, whatever the answer is the important part in terms of Peter feeling guilty about it is really, either way it means he couldn't save her.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

Which one is more frequently described as a "menace"?

Kindred is Dennis the Menace!

In truth I always assumed Kindred was Harry Osborn, but the original one that died in the 90s. BND happens, Mephisto create a a new Harry and the original one is written out of existance, the thing Kindred screams that Spider-Man did to him once or twice.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Kindred is an anagram for "red dink".

Who would have a red dink? Mephisto!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

So kinda interested in Eternals

https://twitter.com/kierongillen/status/1314117669784780801?s=20

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Codependent Poster posted:

The original explanation was the whiplash killed her. Then later it was said that Gwen died of shock during the fall, so was already dead before the web got her.

The issue is strange because Goblin says the fall would have killed her before she hit, presumably meaning shock, but she was clearly either unconscious or dead already.

Getting hit by the glider to knock her off the bridge in the first place also would have been pretty damaging!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I feel like Harry is a little too obvious, so it has to be someone stupid instead. As long as the reveal makes casual readers scratch their heads and shrug.

Also thinking Chameleon. Just show me a bunch of flashbacks of like random people in crowd shots that are implied to be him in disguise. I demand at least one subscriber drop their subscription with me in disgust.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

poo poo, is Kindred Captain Stacy?

My guess has either been this or non-clone Ned Leeds. Either way I think it's gonna be a far back continuity reach.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s going to be Uncle Ben

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I haven't been reading the story, but doesn't the name imply its someone related to Peter? My guess is it's his dead baby

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Has the Kyle Richmond Nighthawk ever said or done anything cool? He shows up near the end of Nicieza’s Thunderbolts that I’ve been rereading and he seems like a huge dork. He comes across like Batman without the badass or Iron Man without the charisma. And his costume is terrible, too.

nemesis_hub fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 8, 2020

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

X-O posted:

My guess has either been this or non-clone Ned Leeds. Either way I think it's gonna be a far back continuity reach.

George is my guess. Hadn't considered Ned but the kindred "costume" is goblin-esque without actually being any existing Goblin so that might make sense too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Vince MechMahon posted:

George is my guess. Hadn't considered Ned but the kindred "costume" is goblin-esque without actually being any existing Goblin so that might make sense too.

Ned has shown up recently and it heavily hinted he was not a clone

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Has Kindred done web swinging with his centipedes yet? If so then Ben Reiley.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
He hasn't really done a lot of anything. Just creeping, lurking, narrating, and sending some friends towards Pete.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I came into Spider-Man during the great Who Is The Hobgoblin? mystery which I feel like they might be trying to replicate here but Hobgoblin also did... things.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

cant cook creole bream posted:

He hasn't really done a lot of anything. Just creeping, lurking, narrating, and sending some friends towards Pete.

He's also done some casual murders, which makes it hard for me to believe that even Nick Spencer would have him turn out to be somebody who we'd be inclined to sympathize with eventually, like Gwen or Jean DeWolff.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kindred is gonna be wolverines girlfriend that Spider-Man killed that one time.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

nemesis_hub posted:

Has the Kyle Richmond Nighthawk ever said or done anything cool? He shows up near the end of Nicieza’s Thunderbolts that I’ve been rereading and he seems like a huge dork. He comes across like Batman without the badass or Iron Man without the charisma. And his costume is terrible, too.

he was the worst Defender, and there's a lot of competition there

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Karma Tornado posted:

he was the worst Defender, and there's a lot of competition there

how DARE you sir

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Defenders defender has logged on.

radlum
May 13, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

Ned has shown up recently and it heavily hinted he was not a clone

Wasn't Ned living as a hobo and died a random death not so long ago?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

radlum posted:

This is how I want the third MCU Spider-man film to go.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

radlum posted:

Pretty sure that was the clone Ned from Clone Conspiracy.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

X-O posted:

Pretty sure that was the clone Ned from Clone Conspiracy.
They seem to vacillate on whether or not the clones count as the 'real' people. As per Doctor Strange, the Connors family are the same.

Also the preview for ASM #50 definitely seems to be confirming Harry Osborn (presumably the Pre-OMD version). But then again, I think Spencer and others have repeatedly stated that it's not so much who Kindred is but what they want. And I'm not sure what their endgame is.

I still feel like the overall arc is going to be addressing and possibly undoing OMD, but I'm not sure what Kindred's angle is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Yvonmukluk posted:

They seem to vacillate on whether or not the clones count as the 'real' people. As per Doctor Strange, the Connors family are the same.

Also the preview for ASM #50 definitely seems to be confirming Harry Osborn (presumably the Pre-OMD version). But then again, I think Spencer and others have repeatedly stated that it's not so much who Kindred is but what they want. And I'm not sure what their endgame is.

I still feel like the overall arc is going to be addressing and possibly undoing OMD, but I'm not sure what Kindred's angle is.

I feel like MJ should have a say in that too.
What happened to her anyway? After shooting that film, she was supposed to be in witness protection in some dead place. Was that series canceled?