Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill.

CEO Nwa..something Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Industrial Base.

The ultimate in FYGM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It is every citizens final duty to go into de tanks

I'm damned if I can remember any more past that line though

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Godholio posted:

I play AOE2 (1999) and C&C Generals Zero Hour (2003) more than anything else. :ninja:

So you're the guy I constantly see on Origin firing up Generals...

:hfive:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Planet's atmosphere, though a gasping death for humans and most animals, is paradise for earth plants.
The high nitrate and nitrite content of the soil makes it an ideal environment...... don't remember the rest

Lady Deirdre Skye

dammit:

Planet's atmosphere, though a gasping death to humans and most animals,
is paradise for Earth plants. The high nitrate content of the soil and
the rich yellow sunlight bring an abundant harvest wherever
adjustments can be made for the unusual soil conditions.

-- Lady Deirdre Skye,
"A Comparative Biology of Planet"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
OK- which PS4 game next

Subnautica

or Star Wars Squadrons

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

GD_American posted:

OK- which PS4 game next

Subnautica

or Star Wars Squadrons

Spelunky 2

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Subnautica.

It was good on xbone, and I don't really care about star wars (but that shouldn't matter to you).

Expect long load times, if it's anything like the xbone version.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Squadrons owns bones.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

and I don't really care about star wars (but that shouldn't matter to you).

I genuinely don't either. I just liked the Wing Commander vibes I was seeing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Handsome Ralph posted:

So you're the guy I constantly see on Origin firing up Generals...

:hfive:

It's a great waste of 22 minutes. I'm on an 8 player skirmish map, 1 medium+6 easy vs me. I want to win in under 20 minutes but can't...quite...get there.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Icon Of Sin posted:

Squadrons owns bones.

yuuuuup

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I don’t have a mic right now (maybe tomorrow?) but I’m in as Dr Evazan’s Decraniation Station if anyone wants to hit me up!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
It is every drone's final responsibility to go into the tanks...

We sat together, the mountain and I, until only the mountain remained.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Virtual board game night on Thursday in the discord, if anyone is interested

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I have a coupon for either the new WoW expansion or this other game Godfall (PC). Anybody want it?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
6 pm Pacific/9 worst coast - board games in tabletop simulator. Going to start with Between Two Cities, a cooperative-competitive city building tile game and then move on to some trivia poo poo that N4I recommended. Join us, or not, what you choose to do is what makes your life unique

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
And now Rambo is coming to MK11 along with Rain and Mileena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3_6WGcvqfE

Apparently it's Stallone doing the voicework as well.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Too bad Mortal Kombat gameplay is weird and all herky jerky.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Hekk posted:

Too bad Mortal Kombat gameplay is weird and all herky jerky.

You’re weird and herky jerky but we still let you hang around.

Who ever said MK is made by a bunch of dudes smashing action figures together wasn’t lying.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

You’re weird and herky jerky but we still let you hang around.

Who ever said MK is made by a bunch of dudes smashing action figures together wasn’t lying.

Somebody saw Big Trouble in Little China and wanted to make the a fighting game.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Steezo posted:

Somebody saw Big Trouble in Little China and wanted to make the a fighting game.

I am glad Mortal Kombat is a thing that exists, I just think it’s a game that caters to a different audience than the traditional fight game fan.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hekk posted:

I am glad Mortal Kombat is a thing that exists, I just think it’s a game that caters to a different audience than the traditional fight game fan.

except sonicfox bc he wins everything

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The real argument is whether the Mortal Kombat movie is better or worse than the Street Fighter movie.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

There's no argument at all, MK stomped all over it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

There's no argument at all, MK stomped all over it

with exception fully granted to Raul Julia

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

with exception fully granted to Raul Julia

And the POWER OF ELECTRO-MAGNETISM!

Still my favorite Gomez Adams among other things.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

You guys are welcome for Raul Julia

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ElMaligno posted:

You guys are welcome for Raul Julia

hes a goddamn saint and his gomez adams was pitch loving perfect

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Downloaded Subnautica. Played for several hours. Enjoyed it.

There's no autosave. Have to start over again.

Got better at it. Played about a dozen hours.

Save failure. Game cannot save.

Lose about an hour since the previous save.

Now the entire game has a metagame of "remember to save every ten minutes, because within a little while it's going to gently caress up again and stop saving".

It's a really fun game, but having only one save slot and gamebreaking save bugs in a game that's like three years old is unforgivable at this point.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Subnautica is disappointingly janky but the mods help with a lot of that stuff

https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/237

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It's on PS4, so mods are out of the question. It also raises the :psyduck: another level, because consoles are usually tougher on not letting games ship with these kinds of basic-rear end bugs

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RIP

I wouldn't have played the game without the mod that lets the crafting menu pull from any storage within 200m

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

GD_American posted:

It's on PS4, so mods are out of the question. It also raises the :psyduck: another level, because consoles are usually tougher on not letting games ship with these kinds of basic-rear end bugs

May I introduce you to Bethesda?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Or gaming in 2020, generally.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Woofer posted:

Or gaming in 2020, generally.

yeah, last time I reloaded every bit of base I had built on the entire map was gone.

Hate that I bought it digitally, there's something cathartic about snapping the disc.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
poo poo, it was at least decent on xbone. 3-5 minute load times, but I don't remember my base disappearing or anything silly like that. It would really chug if I was building a big rear end base though.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I will say, where other studios patch their game breaking bugs, bethesda likes to leave that bit of unpredictability in their games.

i still haven't beaten FO4 because a of a game breaking bug i found like 35 hours into it (an enemy i needed to kill was stuck in a wall and no matter how far back i went in my saves, it was stuck in the wall and i couldn't finish the main storyine), and i bought it like a year after it came out.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The state of gaming in 2020 is why I keep playing State of Decay 2.

It's got its' problems, but they update it pretty much monthly and poo poo tends to get fixed, new or rotating poo poo at the bounty broker gets added, that kinda thing. I don't usually give a gently caress about anything zombie related, but SoD2 got me with its' loot and build bullshit, not blood juggs or plague hordes, which are still fun to kill.

Gonna jump into nightmare zone this week. I've been playing green zone scavenging sessions to gather supplies and people before going into nightmare zone again. Got completely wrecked last time with like, 8 survivors that got whittled down to 2 as I ran out of everything around me before packing it in and going back to a standard zone. Annoyingly brutal, and they have another, more difficult mode coming out next month.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Woofer posted:

I will say, where other studios patch their game breaking bugs, bethesda likes to leave that bit of unpredictability in their games.

i still haven't beaten FO4 because a of a game breaking bug i found like 35 hours into it (an enemy i needed to kill was stuck in a wall and no matter how far back i went in my saves, it was stuck in the wall and i couldn't finish the main storyine), and i bought it like a year after it came out.

Friends don't let friends Bethesda on consoles. Strangely because you need console commands to fix Bethesda games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Except for the one time I just kind of melted through the floor of my submarine and fell to my death like I wasn't in a god damned ocean, I never noticed any bugs during my time with Subnautica. That draw distance was a motherfucker, though; even with tweaking the poo poo out of it, stuff would just kind of pop into existence 10 feet from my face, usually an angry leviathan. Some kind of limitation with the game engine, if I remember right.

Been playing a bunch of Deep Rock Galactic lately. Highly recommend drinking beer and digging holes, preferably with friends over Discord.