Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Argh, SWSQ in VR keeps crashing to desktop when it changes scenes, like landing in your capital ship or completing a mission.

Anyone else having this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

ROFLBOT posted:

Interesting headset poll, skewing to the high end but still with zero Pimax users :haw:

Will be interesting to run it again at the end of the year when the G2 has been out for a bit (i kinda think the Cosmos should be in there too)

Whups, just cast my ballot as apparently the only Pimax user in the thread lol

The 5K Plus is a really great headset by just about any metric. If they could ever get a wireless adapter (or if anyone could actually produce a universal one) that would seal the deal for me

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Does people put now watermark in memes so they are not 'stolen' ? Uh.

I feel the titles of some VR games could improve. Example...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGf6nraXLIs

The new kart game looks nice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRO13O-8w7g

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

Does people put now watermark in memes so they are not 'stolen' ? Uh.

reddit does, it's called advertising

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
My buddy texted me that he finished Squadrons and was very disappointed. Especially because as he beat it a bug made him go hyperspace right into an object repeatedly until he died, so he had to go back and beat it again lol.

I have less than an hour in it, and just did the update but haven't played it. He suggested I refund it while I still can. I guess I should try another 30-40 minutes...

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

empathe posted:

Has anyone gotten a ship date from Amazon for Quest 2 yet? Curious if I'm shadow-backordered or they just haven't gotten to it yet.

Mine says 'Arriving Tuesday'.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

I was in the beta for this.

It's really good. Definitely the first racing game on mobile VR worth a drat, but beyond that, it's just a solid kart racer with good controls and physics, a slick presentation, good track design, and a decent selection of items that use VR pretty well. I'd say the game it reminds me of the most is the first Sega All-Stars Racing. The only thing I wish is that it had more tracks, but they've already said they're going to be adding more, and for $25 what's there is fine.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
Is the kart game cross buy? I don't know how to tell from the store page.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Is the kart game cross buy? I don't know how to tell from the store page.

Bookmark this
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590/#/
(it doesn't seem cross buy, no)

Crimson Chin
Aug 16, 2005

mister happy turtle is a happy turtle
Thanks for the Index fitting advice. Managed to find the sweet spot. Shame its such a narrow tolerance, but once I find it it mostly sticks.

I have motion sickness from trying out all the other bullshit movement options in Alyx, but now in perfect clarity!

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Origami Dali posted:

Mine says 'Arriving Tuesday'.

Thanks yeah mine just updated for the 13th!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lego Friends Kart.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I wonder how the steering mechanics work. Is it a thumbstick driver or do you grab the wheel with your “hands”?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Martytoof posted:

I wonder how the steering mechanics work. Is it a thumbstick driver or do you grab the wheel with your “hands”?

It has both options, from what I remember.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Turin Turambar posted:

and there are micro transactions too!

hahaha, this is either going to be f2p within a month when it has no player base, or just crash and burn completely.

or both!

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

Turin Turambar posted:

Wow, that's some confidence. I don't even know what kind of audience they're expecting.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

empathe posted:

Has anyone gotten a ship date from Amazon for Quest 2 yet? Curious if I'm shadow-backordered or they just haven't gotten to it yet.

Amazon UK is still telling me it will be delivered on the 13th

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Martytoof posted:

Touring Karts includes not only hands, joystick, or real wheel, you can even do real wheel + one hand

So I can race in VR and actually have a physical wheel in front of me with force feedback, but also I can take one hand off the wheel, grab a banana peel, and throw it at someone in VR

I wonder if Dash Dash has the same...

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Turin Turambar posted:

I feel the titles of some VR games could improve. Example...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGf6nraXLIs
No-one...

...fights like Blaston!
Or delights like Blaston!
Noone's got neon lights on their tights like Blaston!

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Turin Turambar posted:

:wow:

Game is fun, but wow, that's bold.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Happyimp posted:

Wow, that's some confidence. I don't even know what kind of audience they're expecting.

They are expecting to be able to capitalize on there being no proper VR battle royale games. They are wrong.

At a $30 price tag+ all the F2P trappings i expect approximately 18 people buy it, which is exactly enough to fill the lobby!

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

veni veni veni posted:

At a $30 price tag+ all the F2P trappings i expect approximately 18 people buy it, which is exactly enough to fill the lobby!

I remember trying to play the Royale game in rec room, and it only starts when the room is filled. I never got to play it. I don't know if they added a timer eventually, but it's been awhile since I last played it.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

veni veni veni posted:

They are expecting to be able to capitalize on there being no proper VR battle royale games. They are wrong.

Even better, i read that the only mode available at launch is 3 man team. There isn't even a mode out to live up to the games name!

This whole game is an amazing fumble for something thats been worked on for so long.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Happyimp posted:

I remember trying to play the Royale game in rec room, and it only starts when the room is filled. I never got to play it. I don't know if they added a timer eventually, but it's been awhile since I last played it.

And Rec Room is like crazy popular comparatively

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

And free.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Does rec room have a battle royale without teleport yet? Those games are trash with teleport.

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

Skyarb posted:

Does rec room have a battle royale without teleport yet? Those games are trash with teleport.
I only used free movement when I played rec room. Don't think there is a mandatory teleport room

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

veni veni veni posted:

i don't play these games so i don't know anything about it but the dev has apparently come out and said that the microtransactions will strictly be applicable to cosmetic upgrades like player and gun skins, and not pay-to-win content like guns, etc. how long will that last? who can sya.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So a game called Panoptic just hit Steam that's literally the asymmetric VR gameplay I was looking for:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/541930/Panoptic/

Looks pretty interesting and I can't wait to try it out.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Decided to say "gently caress EA" and get my $43 back for Squadrons. I was never going to play it that much anyways :sigh:

Back to Pistol Whippin' it up.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Nocheez posted:

Decided to say "gently caress EA" and get my $43 back for Squadrons. I was never going to play it that much anyways :sigh:

Back to Pistol Whippin' it up.

That's an odd take on a cool rear end game but ok

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Squadrons is top 5 VR games ever but do what you feel.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I think it's a good game but the VR, like a lot of stuff that was originally flatscreen, only enhances it without transforming the experience. I think it's fun but I think the VR implementation is only ok compared to what it could be

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
If I already had a HOTAS or joystick it might be different, but it's loving awful with a controller and the frame-rate thingie still bugs me. I'll pick it up on sale later, when it's fixed.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lemming posted:

I think it's a good game but the VR, like a lot of stuff that was originally flatscreen, only enhances it without transforming the experience. I think it's fun but I think the VR implementation is only ok compared to what it could be

In what way? The only thing that's missing from the VR experience from what I see is optimization. I would love to see hand tracking but using VR controllers to turn knobs and then a joystick to control your ship isn't realistic.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nuts and Gum posted:

That's an odd take on a cool rear end game but ok

Its literally unplayable on a lot of people's systems. Its not an odd take its a game that launched in a buggy, broken state.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Zaphod42 posted:

Its literally unplayable on a lot of people's systems. Its not an odd take its a game that launched in a buggy, broken state.

uhh okay but that's not the reason stated by nocheese. What youre describing is a completely valid complaint. Saying the current VR implementation adds no real value is what I take issue with. I don't see how there's anything else a VR game could do to make a space flight game more immersive without 1:1 hand tracking, but then you're juggling multiple controllers and no one is going to do that.

Edit- I think I got a few different posters confused. Either way I stand by my comment :smug:

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Nuts and Gum posted:

uhh okay but that's not the reason stated by nocheese. What youre describing is a completely valid complaint. Saying the current VR implementation adds no real value is what I take issue with. I don't see how there's anything else a VR game could do to make a space flight game more immersive without 1:1 hand tracking, but then you're juggling multiple controllers and no one is going to do that.

Edit- I think I got a few different posters confused. Either way I stand by my comment :smug:

I would be more inclined to play it with 1:1 hand tracking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Skyarb posted:

I would be more inclined to play it with 1:1 hand tracking.

Not with how that X-Wing pilot holds the throttle :v: