Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Those stupid banana magazines just fail to feed over and over. Two trips to the range and you throw them away forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Context?

E. I googled around and it’s the Not loving Around Coalition, an all black “militia.”

no context. just a giant fuckoff mag.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Context?

E. I googled around and it’s the Not loving Around Coalition, an all black “militia.”

I think the last time they showed here someone mentioned their leader is quite antisemitic.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/ArtyomTonoyan/status/1312742522943410180

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

gently caress anyone who uses submunitions anywhere near civilians.

Source: marked USAF UXO in April 2003 in a Baghdad neighborhood at the request of the elder because kids were picking up the duds and getting maimed or killed

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pryor on Fire posted:

Those stupid banana magazines just fail to feed over and over. Two trips to the range and you throw them away forever.

I thought there was a gif of someone trying to shoot one and it breaks after 4 shots and sends rounds everywhere or something. Can't find it, though.

Wow Bagger
Mar 30, 2010

Slim Pickens posted:

I thought there was a gif of someone trying to shoot one and it breaks after 4 shots and sends rounds everywhere or something. Can't find it, though.
Was it this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv3VC4B4Dw4&t=110s

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was the demo ranch guy or someone that looked like him but still, :lol:

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

That is a big missile

https://twitter.com/nktpnd/status/1314257089305473025?s=20

quote:

The new weapon system will consist of four transporter erector launchers (TEL), each installed on a modified M870 40-ton trailer, and command posts. The Army is aiming to get the first long-range hypersonic weapon experimental prototype by the fiscal year 2023. The new land-based, truck-launched system should be armed with hypersonic missiles that can travel well over 3,800 miles per hour.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I wonder who's going to be the first to draw a dick on one?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Yeah, they might as well just call it the Pershing III.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Steezo posted:

I wonder who's going to be the first to draw a dick on one?

Going to be? Was.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

What was wrong with the sprint missile program?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, they might as well just call it the Pershing III.

Pershing daisies

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That is cool as hell, but how do we make sure enemies or even non fighting nations who are adversaries, don’t think it’s a nuclear weapon being launched?

I mean I know we don’t operate any nuclear GLCMs anymore, although we could if we wanted too, but I thought that was something the Bush administration had identified as a problem with prompt global strike proposals?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Clock is running down for the Armenians, And by clock, I mean armor reserves.

Defensionem posted:

Armenia has lost 54 tanks in just over three weeks (out of a total of 139).
Those huge losses include 42 tanks destroyed in combat and 12 tanks captured by the Azeris.

The list of (confirmed) captured tanks is as follow:
T-72A: 4 units (081, 617, 721, 0?4)
T-72AV: 3 units (909, ?, ?)
T-72B: 4 (096, 614, 901, 902)
T-72B1: 1 (094)

Those losses are obviously not sustainable. They are mainly down to Azerbaijan superior ISTAR (Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance) capabilities.

Azerbaijan has also suffered grievous losses. But working out a total is difficult as Baku doesn't communicate on those matters. In any case, the Azeri army started this war with a numerical advantage over the Armenian one: They had 665 tanks in their arsenal before the start of the conflict

Armenia claims to have destroyed 368 Azeri tanks in total. This figure is to take with a pinch of salt: As Yerevan hasn't published any "kill" figures for APCs and IFVs, our assessment is that the 368 total accounts for (estimated) Azeri "armoured vehicles" (tanks+IFVs+APCs) destroyed.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I mean I know we don’t operate any nuclear GLCMs anymore, although we could if we wanted too, but I thought that was something the Bush administration had identified as a problem with prompt global strike proposals?

I think the idea is that it flies low enough that the satellite based launch detection doesn't see it and fast enough that if any other radar sees it it's already too late

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I assume Azerbaijan only wants the contested province and it (or Turkey) isn’t have thoughts of just either taking all of Armenia or trying for a complete victory and installing its own occupation or puppet government, right?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

MazelTovCocktail posted:

That is cool as hell, but how do we make sure enemies or even non fighting nations who are adversaries, don’t think it’s a nuclear weapon being launched?

...but I thought that was something the Bush administration had identified as a problem with prompt global strike proposals?

This is a good question. I wish there was a good answer for it other than "they're just going to have to trust us."

And yes, it was a *big* problem, especially considering one of the original PGS proposals was using conventional/kinetic warheads launched from Trident D5s. The other was hypersonic cruise missiles, but the tech just wasn't quite there. Now we've got the W76-2 which is arguably worse because 'small' nukes just become all the more attractive and feasible an option as conventional munitions keep scaling upward in yield and precision.

Scratch Monkey posted:

I think the idea is that it flies low enough that the satellite based launch detection doesn't see it and fast enough that if any other radar sees it it's already too late

They wouldn't need satellite-based launch detection, they'd just need someone within 50-100 miles of the launch site with binoculars and a cell phone.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I assume Azerbaijan only wants the contested province and it (or Turkey) isn’t have thoughts of just either taking all of Armenia or trying for a complete victory and installing its own occupation or puppet government, right?

It's 2020. I think we know how it'll turn out.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

MazelTovCocktail posted:

What would possibly make you think this isn’t Turkey using conflicts over this region to try to finish the Armenian Genocide?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Internet Wizard posted:

What would possibly make you think this isn’t Turkey using conflicts over this region to try to finish the Armenian Genocide?

True. I’m just wondering how far they think they can go, one province or run the table, regardless of their larger goals.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think if Turkey gets involved the Armenians will have a whole hell of a lot more to worry about than an occupation or a puppet government

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Cross post from PYF:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

this should be the new ThrillerPopcorn.gif

https://twitter.com/UnitedHumanity5...ingawful.com%2F

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/wwwmodgovaz/status/1315160252120289280

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Video is an old video of a demonstration in Russia...I think?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Poles find a leftover Tallboy in the middle of a shipping channel (it was dropped during a raid on the German heavy cruiser Lutzow, which sank in shallow water and kept being used as a static battery) and try to defuse it. Or rather, they try to ignite the explosive fill in such a way as to have it deflagrate rather than detonate.

Here's how that went:

https://twitter.com/aneta_l/status/1316042287902871552?s=20

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

my kinda ape posted:

Video is an old video of a demonstration in Russia...I think?

It definitely looks like a demo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Why's a demo going both ways? Not arguing it isn't one, just that part seems odd.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I've seen exactly zero Armenian press releases. Are they on media lockdown or something?

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

That Works posted:

Why's a demo going both ways? Not arguing it isn't one, just that part seems odd.

Its not, the crowd is in between 2 rocket batteries that are firing in the same direction and the cameraman pans around from one to the other

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/kareemsakka/status/1317424291571531776?s=21

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I had no idea iranegypt had gay pride parades

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao at the dad bod right at the beginning

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
p. safe way of having a parade after what happened to Sadat I guess

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
We cannot allow a beefcake gap!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If Trump wants to make our military look more manly, he needs more shirtless parades and military uniforms like they have in Spain. The terrorists will quake with fear!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

We cannot allow a beefcake gap!

So that's why we need so much oil. Lube up the beefcakes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

“What’s your MOS?”

“Stealth Gay Dad.”