Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This scene rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz-17z44F6g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The first two Spider-Men movies are just really good, really well-made movies.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is literally the only thing in that movie I liked about that character other than just Molina being an excellent actor. I hate so much that, just like Norman before him, he's actually a really good guy then has an outside force corrupt him. And I hate that he gets redeemed.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Wait, she isn't?

Nope. Ben is Richard Parker's brother. Which makes it really weird when they talk about Ben working at Coney Island during the Depression.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Ben was simply 40 years older than his brother. No big deal.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

Ben was simply 40 years older than his brother. No big deal.

Ben's parents had him straight out of high school when they got married. They didn't have Richard till they were in their late thirties. It doesn't happen often but like, Sarah Palin's kids are gonna end up with a similar age gap between them. Or Trump's kids.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah Trump's kids have like a 30 year age difference which is loving weird.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but that's with different women. Melania is only 7 years older than Donald Jr.

Palin has a 19 year gap. She was 25, and then 44.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

My youngest and oldest aunts have a 20 year age gap, but that's because there's 5 kids in between.

Actually, we don't know how old Uncle Ben was. Maybe he went grey early and married a woman ten years older than him.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

My youngest and oldest aunts have a 20 year age gap, but that's because there's 5 kids in between.

Actually, we don't know how old Uncle Ben was. Maybe he went grey early and married a woman ten years older than him.

Ben Parker, the original cougar hunter. Good for May landing herself a young stud though.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'll give Raimi Spider-Man the melodramatic speeches, but I can't say it's got better action than MCU Spider-Man. That Mysterio sequence is pretty dang great. So is the yacht. So is everything he does in that intro in Civil War. The MCU is really good at Spider fighting.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Yeah I an aunt that's younger than I am.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Multiverse shenanigans ahoy.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1314261858963120128

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
May being one unexpected sugar rush moment away from death was always my favourite plot point. She probably had a very boring life until she reached 80.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Just adapt the storyline from the newspaper strip.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Dang, guess I'll actually have to go see Spider-Man 3 now.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
hmm I guess Foxx (and Simmons?) returning might be multiverse-related after all, we'll see

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Let's hope this isn't the live-action people seeing how good Spider-Verse was and trying to copy it.

Veotax posted:

Just adapt the storyline from the newspaper strip.

This is incredible.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Codependent Poster posted:

Aunt May from the Raimi Spider-Man movies hasn't held up well with the reinterpretations being much better.

Vastly incorrect takes itt.

Shirkelton posted:

The first two Spider-Men movies are just really good, really well-made movies.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Spider-Man: Dormammu All the Time

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Well one theory before Far From Home was that Mysterio was going to be from another universe to setup some Into The Spider-Verse stuff.
Guess we were one film too soon.
Spider-man 3: The Search for Home.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Question IRL posted:

Well one theory before Far From Home was that Mysterio was going to be from another universe to setup some Into The Spider-Verse stuff.

I mean, they literally said he was from another universe in the trailer. But I'm pretty sure Disney said SV couldn't connect at the time.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Do we think we might see MacGuire or Garfield, too?

You could also have Isaac as Miguel, I suppose. Or hell, Johnson as Peter B. Parker.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Option A: Spider-Verse Fun

Option B: The storyline from the comics where Strange helps Peter put his secret identity back in the box

Option C:

I know I'm rooting for Option C.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Option C: Doctor Strange gives Peter the ability to talk and hang out with a spider for a day is the only choice

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 8, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hadn't really thought that much about the implications of Peter's identity being out there. And like I started thinking about that and the obvious threat to May thing but then realizes that while it sucks its a lot better than in the classic comics stories because May knows already and Peter and May have all those Stark/SHIELD/Avengers connections. And then somehow that got me to a place where I just started imagining Marisa Tomei and Gwenyth Paltrow as wine mom besties giving Peter a hard time and now I want that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm so used to that format of announcement being new actors. Took me a moment to reorient to what was actually being said.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rhyno posted:

I mean, they literally said he was from another universe in the trailer. But I'm pretty sure Disney said SV couldn't connect at the time.

True, but the fan theory was less "What if Mysterio is just a hero...from another dimension?" And more "What if this is 616 Quentin Beck doing the 'I'm going to another universe where people don't know who Mysterio is....again!'" route.

I do take your point.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

X-O posted:

Option C:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's going to be One More Day.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Stinger scene: Ben Reilly runs in the room and says "Guys, you're not gonna believe this"

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I'm expecting some scene where someone is hurt and Peter takes them to Dr. Strange just because he's the only doctor he knows. Maybe they're poisoned and Strange has to explain that he's a surgeon, cue audience laugh.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

True, but the fan theory was less "What if Mysterio is just a hero...from another dimension?" And more "What if this is 616 Quentin Beck doing the 'I'm going to another universe where people don't know who Mysterio is....again!'" route.

I do take your point.

I really thought it was Beck saying that to cover the fact that no ones heard about him and to gain the trust of the heroes. I'm pretty sure he is not really from another dimension but pretented to be

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

New Wave Jose posted:

I really thought it was Beck saying that to cover the fact that no ones heard about him and to gain the trust of the heroes. I'm pretty sure he is not really from another dimension but pretented to be

That is exactly the point in the movie, yes. Mysterio is a fraud who's lied and charmed his way into SHIELD's and Peter's good graces until they discover that it's all an act.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

STAC Goat posted:

I hadn't really thought that much about the implications of Peter's identity being out there. And like I started thinking about that and the obvious threat to May thing but then realizes that while it sucks its a lot better than in the classic comics stories because May knows already and Peter and May have all those Stark/SHIELD/Avengers connections. And then somehow that got me to a place where I just started imagining Marisa Tomei and Gwenyth Paltrow as wine mom besties giving Peter a hard time and now I want that.

What if the "Put the secret identity back in the box" is part of the plot, but the twist is that everybody forgets that he's Spider-man? Ned, Mary Jane, May, and Fury all included. That's the bargain, either everyone knows or literally no-one knows.

It's kind of an interesting way to get back to status quo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also, he forgets.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

To be honest I feel like the reason I never gave it a lot of thought is because Peter just hasn't been around long enough or had enough stuff outside the Stark/Avengers world for it to really hit home about how his identity being revealed affects him. Like intellectually I go "oh poo poo" but I'm not sure I feel it and feel like any kind of One More Day reset will have a huge impact.

I don't know. I'm not sure what I want to see out of that. Except May and Pepper becoming wine best friends and over moming Peter.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want Parker to be extremely teenage awkward when ever he's around Captain Marvel.

I also really want him and Banner to hang too.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

STAC Goat posted:

To be honest I feel like the reason I never gave it a lot of thought is because Peter just hasn't been around long enough or had enough stuff outside the Stark/Avengers world for it to really hit home about how his identity being revealed affects him. Like intellectually I go "oh poo poo" but I'm not sure I feel it and feel like any kind of One More Day reset will have a huge impact.

I don't know. I'm not sure what I want to see out of that. Except May and Pepper becoming wine best friends and over moming Peter.

When that stinger scene dropped all I could think of was the battle in Endgame where the moment he arrives he just pops his mask off in front of two armies. Like yeah you're probably not gonna get sold out by a Ravager, Wakandan, or spare wizard, but it's not like that fight happened indoors or something, any number of civilians could have been drawn to the sound of fighting and spaceships and junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

New Wave Jose posted:

Did you see Far From Home? It wasn’t implied, that was explicit in the movie.