Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it’s such a dumb fuckin hill to die on

really they’re just rubbing their base’s nose in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

Zvahl posted:

gently caress america gently caress democrats but especially gently caress joe biden

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bold of you to presume the left is their base

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Marx Was A Lib posted:

Bold of you to presume the left is their base

presumably some people who are voting democrat care a little about the environment

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Declan MacManus posted:

presumably some people who are voting democrat care a little about the environment

Many do. They just believe fracking is a sad, but necessary thing.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Many do. They just believe fracking is a sad, but necessary thing.

see also : concentration camps

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Excelzior posted:

See also: Literally anything that doesn't personally affect them or their ability to go to brunch

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Just wanted to let you guys know, I will not be voting for anyone to the left of Donald Trump.

However, I will still also not be voting for Joe Biden.

ok Nazi

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

the_steve posted:

https://twitter.com/HowieHawkins/status/1313479594104754181?s=19

PSA to help make your NoJoe experience more productive and less Joe

Welp gently caress I just wrote in only Howie Hawkins like it was listed on my state's election web site. I guess my ballot isn't going to be counted, I mean you know in a couple of years, when all the boxes of mail in ballots are found in an abandoned Long John Silvers behind the GA elections office.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
these fish patties are 77% vote by volume

talk about Grade D

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I also won't be voting for Donald Trump :ssh:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

I also won't be voting for Donald Trump :ssh:

As an extremely well informed politics discusser, I would like to point out that there are exactly two choices in the upcoming election so mods, please enforce the toxx against this yes-Joer

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Just wanted to let you guys know, I will not be voting for anyone to the left of Donald Trump.

However, I will still also not be voting for Joe Biden.

If you construct a piecemeal Trump from positions he's stated, like universal healthcare, pro abortion rights, trade protectionism, safeguarding social security, Keynesian economic interventions, rebuilding our infrastructure, getting rid of all our foreign military bases, etc, then I guess this is fine

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Piecemeal Trump is the most progressive American Presidential candidate in history

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Iron Twinkie posted:

Welp gently caress I just wrote in only Howie Hawkins like it was listed on my state's election web site. I guess my ballot isn't going to be counted, I mean you know in a couple of years, when all the boxes of mail in ballots are found in an abandoned Long John Silvers behind the GA elections office.
the ga elections website does not list howie hawkins as a qualified candidate for write-ins so i assume it does not matter what you do

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

it’s such a dumb fuckin hill to die on

really they’re just rubbing their base’s nose in it

Sleepy joe ads on YouTube says he wants to stop climate change unlike trump lol!

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

A vote for Biden is a vote for TRUMP

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

comedyblissoption posted:

the ga elections website does not list howie hawkins as a qualified candidate for write-ins so i assume it does not matter what you do

It does, though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

yep, and as the screenshot suggests, the trick is to look under the WRITE-IN party :)

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Excelzior posted:

the_steve posted:

See also: Literally anything that doesn't personally affect them or their ability to go to brunch

The whole 'yeah its bad but what can ya do?' thing really breaks me down.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Don't write in Hawkins in AL, it won't be counted. Our state only counts write ins if the margin of victory is less than the number of write ins OR if a person living in each county petitions the count election judge and then personally pays for the ballots to be counted.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I'm guessing the dems will win control of the senate and I am already making myself insane with rage imagining the excuses I'm going to hear (again) when they refuse to use control of the government to do anything anyone wants (again)

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I'm guessing the dems will win control of the senate and I am already making myself insane with rage imagining the excuses I'm going to hear (again) when they refuse to use control of the government to do anything anyone wants (again)

I'm looking forward to seeing what watered down nothing COVID response bill makes it through the Dem Senate and how the people lying to themselves that they're gonna get $2k/month backdated to March rationalize what actually ends up passing and why it's actually the best response possible.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Wicked Them Beats posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing what watered down nothing COVID response bill makes it through the Dem Senate and how the people lying to themselves that they're gonna get $2k/month backdated to March rationalize what actually ends up passing and why it's actually the best response possible.

i look forward to "Deficit" being the most used word of 2021

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Is La Riva actually on the ballot in every single state?

Trying to figure out who would have the best shot at getting the most votes nationally and just throwing at either howie or la riva. i've got a bubble in choice for both in my state.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Don't write in Hawkins in AL, it won't be counted. Our state only counts write ins if the margin of victory is less than the number of write ins OR if a person living in each county petitions the count election judge and then personally pays for the ballots to be counted.

haha holy poo poo this country is so broken

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lmao the WRITE-IN party

there's even a green party in the drop down

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

silicone thrills posted:

Trying to figure out who would have the best shot at getting the most votes nationally and just throwing at either howie or la riva. i've got a bubble in choice for both in my state.

No she isn't, see map here:

Gray is a "not on ballot"
Light red is "write-in"
Dark red is "on ballot"

And for comparison the Greens:

Gray is a "not on ballot"
Light green is "write-in"
Dark green is "on ballot"

According to wiki anyways. I don't know if democratic shenanigans have altered that map.

Pingui has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Oct 8, 2020

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

She’s on 15, and a write in for 13 more. The Greens are on 30 and write in for 18 more.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

comedyblissoption posted:

lmao the WRITE-IN party

there's even a green party in the drop down

It's just the way that weird site is structured. All write-in candidates are "WRITE-IN" party.

Only POTUS candidates on the actual ballot are Joe, Trump, and whatever crazies the Libertarian party are running this year.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Based on the wording, they may actually be forced to count write ins for pres, unsurprising that the person at the state election office couldn't tell me/didn't know

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Squall posted:

It's just the way that weird site is structured. All write-in candidates are "WRITE-IN" party.

Only POTUS candidates on the actual ballot are Joe, Trump, and whatever crazies the Libertarian party are running this year.

I don't understand the concept of a "write-in candidate" (that is on a list on a state website). Is it just to ensure that people write the same thing and instead of taking the logical conclusion that perhaps these people should be on the ballot if this was a problem, they instead went full technocrat?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Biden has already been telling people not to expect too much in the way of direct relief on the loving campaign trail, because something something cupboard is bare. If he wins we'll get four years of "oh yeah we'd love to set up actual working social safety nets, honestly we would, but Donny mismanaged the money so bad we just can't! Blame him not us!" and libs will eat it up.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Pingui posted:

I don't understand the concept of a "write-in candidate" (that is on a list on a state website). Is it just to ensure that people write the same thing and instead of taking the logical conclusion that perhaps these people should be on the ballot if this was a problem, they instead went full technocrat?

The logistical concern would be that the election office can't actually be sure which John Smith in the country you're voting for, so they ask that the person who wants to be written in register in advance.

The state would further argue that it has an interest in not putting every single person who wants to run onto the ballot, since that would be unwieldy, potentially expensive, and the sum total of votes these candidates will get is only a fraction of either of the major candidates. So they create this other category that has lower standards to meet than a full ballot slot, but doesn't actually require adding the names to the ballot. That not formally listing them on the ballot makes it harder for these individuals/parties to generate the interest and support needed to challenge the major candidates is no doubt a coincidence.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Wicked Them Beats posted:

The logistical concern would be that the election office can't actually be sure which John Smith in the country you're voting for, so they ask that the person who wants to be written in register in advance.

The state would further argue that it has an interest in not putting every single person who wants to run onto the ballot, since that would be unwieldy, potentially expensive, and the sum total of votes these candidates will get is only a fraction of either of the major candidates. So they create this other category that has lower standards to meet than a full ballot slot, but doesn't actually require adding the names to the ballot. That not formally listing them on the ballot makes it harder for these individuals/parties to generate the interest and support needed to challenge the major candidates is no doubt a coincidence.

So you are saying that instead of taking it to the logical conclusion that if the votes matter they should be on the ballot, they instead went full technocrat.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Pingui posted:

So you are saying that instead of taking it to the logical conclusion that if the votes matter they should be on the ballot, they instead went full technocrat.

Yes, but I don't want to work right now so I typed a lot more words

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
a vote for joe biden is a vote that says anybody obama says doesn't deserve insurance just deserves to die because obama said it, and also we need to charge them money every year to make sure our poo poo smells better, it's not a tax though

i hate every last motherfucker who does, and i don't think they should be allowed to discuss politics without a photocopy of their insurance showing how far above they're looking at the people they think don't deserve medical care

gently caress these loving ghouls who think medical cartels are fine

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

lol guess I'm not even bothering to vote then

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Bipartisanship is a trigger word for me.