Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I've got Colton in boxes today. He is an awful smug horse who wears a cape and I hate him. But maybe you love him? Let me know. Island is closed for now, but I can reopen if someone wants him.

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ile du BonZone is open for spooky good times!

closed for now

Costume item of the day is Striped Mage Hat.

Flora is handing out the DIY for Spooky Chair

Come get your candy and enjoy my new spooky decorations!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 8, 2020

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

What’s a good website to use to convert a large image into AC custom design squares? Gonna paint a mural in front of my house in honor of the holiday. No spoilers, will definitely post it here once it’s done.

https://acpatterns.com/

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dodo code is Closed

For seven days in a row Sand Souci will be open daily in Celebration of Halloween

I am your gracious host Lil’ Devil Stonks

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House Six rooms of terror await you, can you arrive.

We'll be getting the island more and more spooky as the month goes on, so visit as much as you can, The villager and business districts have reached max pumpkapacity

Construction is now complete on Haunted Forest on the east side of the island.

If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

The ables has Flashy Animal Costumes for your costume needs, and Nooks has candy up for sale

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 9, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Words cannot express how unbelievably infuriating it is that paths don't touch the plaza edge/airport entrance/museum steps. Those tiny strips of green grass are going to cause me so much pain.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Anyone have any good turnip prices?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Celeste is stuck on the Fiorina pier if anyone wants/needs DIY recipes from her. I’ll be AFK probably watching a movie.
Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 9, 2020

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

UltraRed posted:

Anyone have any good turnip prices?

I am also interested in good turnip prices!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Holy God, that was my first time on a busy island (lots of folks coming and going).

This game is sort of horribly designed for online play, huh??

First of May
May 1, 2017

Slugworth posted:

Holy God, that was my first time on a busy island (lots of folks coming and going).

This game is sort of horribly designed for online play, huh??

It's horrible for publicly posting your island so that people can come and go for one thing. It works pretty good for having a couple of friends over for a longer visit.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I remember the early days where a turnip price of 300 or higher was enough to get a queue of 50+ people, you'd wait for hours in line and then it would take 15-20 minutes just to run to Nooks and back with all the loading screens.

Now I can post a price of 550 and I'll get maybe 3 visitors all afternoon.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Mau-Mau is open again for candy and pumpkins!

There's also the Halloween costume collections and since I've got those out, I've cleared out my storage of just about everything that could be considered a costume as well. I don't have every color of every item (mostly pink, purple and orange 'cause those are my favorites). Catalog or take it with you. It's not at all organized. (It should all be stuff you can buy on your own island whenever.)

Turnips are 134! Buy whatever you want at Nooks!

Kicks is here! He has orange and white Impish wings among other things!

Able Sisters have Mage's dresses, soccer-uniform tops and shorts and other things!

There are DIY recipes and a few items on the beach in front of Ursala's house!

Raymond is making log stakes which makes me think I missed the spooky recipe for today! :argh:

I will probably be AFK, so thanks for visiting!

Dodo Code: CLOSED

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 9, 2020

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Hey everyone, opening Backhoe because I want you to take all the goddamn DIYs everywhere.

Buy whatever you want at Nooks, Impish horns and bear costumes for sale at Ables, and Saharah is wondering around and the hidden mystery wallpaper is the cafe windows (which I have been after for a very long time). Not sure if anyone is teaching anything interesting at the moment.

And last but not least, I have set up the Beach of Curses! On the beach to the right of the airport, please help yourself to any number of definitely cursed items! They are all gift-wrapped because it’s a surprise!

My island isn’t totally spooked up yet but I’m working on it, especially the Druid circle.

Dodo code in the other thread.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The latest patch update fixed issues that some people were having with their passport titles not showing up right.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So I have a camper that I want to invite to my island. What is the way to make sure he replaces the villager I want. I know it involves leaving the app and restarting if I get the wrong choice, but I am not sure when to do that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

badjohny posted:

So I have a camper that I want to invite to my island. What is the way to make sure he replaces the villager I want. I know it involves leaving the app and restarting if I get the wrong choice, but I am not sure when to do that.

When they tell you which villager they want to replace.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dodo code is K25W2

For nine days in a row Sand Souci will be open daily in Celebration of Halloween

I am your gracious host Stonks the Drowned Buccaneer

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of courseVisit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House Six rooms of terror await you, can you arrive.

We'll be getting the island more and more spooky as the month goes on, so visit as much as you can, The villager and business districts have reached max pumpkapacity

If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

Saharah is here if you require any rugs or the like

The ables has Striped Tights for your costume needs, and Nooks has candy up for sale

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 9, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Turnip prices anyone? 42 bells here :(

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/ohenieledam/status/1314643166650224640?s=19

Omg there's Halloween stuff on TV!

Ktb
Feb 24, 2006

UltraRed posted:

Turnip prices anyone? 42 bells here :(

Sent you a pm

Put code up in the doodoo thread if anyone else needs to sell in the next 80 mins.

E: nooks has shut now

Ktb fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 9, 2020

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Candy ads and spooky pumpkin faces, even

First of May
May 1, 2017

Ktb posted:

Sent you a pm

Put code up in the doodoo thread if anyone else needs to sell in the next 80 mins

Awesome, thank you!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Today is Rory's last day on Dessert if anyone wants a jock lion. He'll be missed. Nook's has a spooky table and turnips are at 189. Able Sisters has impish horns in various colors and Kicks has impish wings. Help yourself to any DIYs and feel free to leave a message on the board.

Dode code: Closed

TL fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 9, 2020

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Black Robe posted:

Words cannot express how unbelievably infuriating it is that paths don't touch the plaza edge/airport entrance/museum steps. Those tiny strips of green grass are going to cause me so much pain.

One thing that works for me is that I just don't put paths there whatsoever

I think it will look nice as the seasons change

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
It's my birthday! Come for cataloging of fall cleanup items (as well as studio lights and floor lights), pick up overstock from my storage (by the airport!) and catalog some random costume parts I dumped on a sidewalk, willy-nilly! Once you cross the river, touching only, please! Help yourself to the pumpkin patch - if you can't grow a color, just take some and plant them. Also, first five in costume get a surprise gift! Dodo Code: Closed

Bonster fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 10, 2020

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Why is it so hard to catch a drat giant trevally? I must have crafted 200 fish baits over the past week.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Mau-Mau is open again for candy and pumpkins! With the added bonus of shooting stars and Celeste!

Celeste is currently trapped at D1 on the map. Please don't leave the island with the "-" button because then she gets free and no one knows where she is.

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks! Their turnip price is garbage!

Able Sisters have Raggedy clothes!

Feel free to catalog or take the costume items! DIY recipes and other items are on the beach near Ursala's house!

Lily is making a log bench!

I'll be AFK so thanks in advance for visiting!

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 10, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Carcosa is open!

Celeste is stuck high up on the north east side with the Moon recipe. Bring a ladder.

Rolf is along the way and crafting a deer scare.

There's a few shooting stars now, and please help yourself to anything laying about!

lol sorry to whoever tried to connect, new code:

2X2M4

thanks for visiting!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 10, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I see a lot of players asking people to leave by the airport. What happens when people don’t?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

UltraRed posted:

I see a lot of players asking people to leave by the airport. What happens when people don’t?

it basically reloads the island if someone quits through the menu, which can cause things like villagers stopping giving out their crafting recipes and people losing things they caught/bought/sold

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Spellman posted:

One thing that works for me is that I just don't put paths there whatsoever

I think it will look nice as the seasons change

Oh, that does look pretty nice. I was also considering breaking the path into stepping stones, if there's grass showing through in a lot of places it would look more intentional. I'll have to think on it.

Time to spend most of today fishing I suppose.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Dodo code is K25W2

For nine days in a row Sand Souci will be open daily in Celebration of Halloween

I am your gracious host Stonks the Drowned Buccaneer

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of courseVisit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House Six rooms of terror await you, can you arrive.

Saharah is here if you require any rugs or the like

The ables has Striped Tights for your costume needs, and Nooks has candy up for sale

Forgot to post this yesterday but It's 2 spooky 4 me

Also bonus feels from Julian, who said smugs were the worst

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Does the fishing tourney mess up villagers crafting?

I have two in their homes but no crafting yet. I also can’t give gifts to those wandering outside because they just talk about the tournament.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Does the fishing tourney mess up villagers crafting?

I have two in their homes but no crafting yet. I also can’t give gifts to those wandering outside because they just talk about the tournament.

Yes. I think they revert to normal after the tourney ends later in the day though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I caught a MahiMahi as the second player during the fishing tourney and it didn't appear in either of our critterpedia. Incredibly grumpy about this

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
did you take it out of the cooler and donate it?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The gates of Ile du BonZone are open for the Fishing Tourney!

closed

The Abel Sisters have fun costume options for you! They have Mage's Robes, Mage's Booties, and Fairy-tale Hoods.

Don't forget to buy your candy!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 10, 2020

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

flatluigi posted:

did you take it out of the cooler and donate it?

Yep! It's in the museum, but the spot in my critterpedia is blank. Not a big deal but it's gonna bother me...

Prowler
May 24, 2004

UltraRed posted:

flatluigi posted:

it basically reloads the island if someone quits through the menu, which can cause things like villagers stopping giving out their crafting recipes and people losing things they caught/bought/sold

flatluigi's response is inaccurate.

This method of leaving has two functions:

1. You can leave from anywhere on the island.
2. It will force leave the island after 15(?) seconds, with a giant red countdown that everyone can see, if someone is still in a menu 5-10 seconds after the leave is initiated. Once this countdown ends, it will reset the progress of those remaining in the server in a similar way as when someone loses connection, as flatluigi notes above.

The second function only happens if someone remains with their window open and the person doesn't cancel the leave countdown. There is otherwise nothing technically different between leaving at the airport and through the minus menu.

If you're the only person on an island/with someone you know, there is no reason not to use minus. If you're on an island with a few other folks, you should leave with the airport since you may cut in line.

The reason people rave about not using minus to leave is because they conflate connection errors with this method of leaving, but there's no correlation. This led to more than one weird witch hunt ITT: "Who left with minus?!"

Meanwhile, you will HAVE to leave with minus if someone, like the host, goes AFK with a window open. This happens more often than you'd think.

Edit: The host can also "End Session" through the minus menu. This is a good way to force everyone to leave your island at the same time, instead of waiting on each individual person to leave.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

lol I caught a sturgeon on my second run in the fishing tourney. No worries about entry fees for the rest of the day!