Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Smaller Person Clothes at Costco is definitely a pain in the rear end. There have been more than a few times I bought a medium, thinking it'd be okay, but it's like Walmart sizing medium and I could fit a whole nother bagmonkey inside the dang thing if I wanted.

How has everyone's experience been returning cans and bottles? I was behind Guy Who Doesn't Return Cans Ever, and behind me was Boomer Lady Who Really Wants To Chat. Everyone was annoyed to be there, even though the wait was like five minutes tops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

poisonpill posted:

Not bad but they get Ex Officios every so often and those are the best.

I used to be an Ex Officio truther but they kinda went to poo poo a while back. I've been on board the Duluth train for years and am not looking back.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Xaris posted:

you sometimes have to rummage around in the boxes under the pallets of clothes to find smaller sizes. i've had mixed success looking. look at the label and see if it's something that's even carried (M-XXXL; S-XXL; etc).

but yeah good smaller size clothes go very quick but really depends on the area. if you're in like denver or boulder or san francisco bay area or seattle or la, you'll have a hell of a time trying to find any because they don't stock much and go very fast. if you're shopping at say... Branson Missouri and Bumblefuck Arkansas, you shouldn't have a hard time finding any.

i do think its hilarious that they can't tailor their clothe shipments by area. hmm yes consistently having stock 10000x XL-XXXXLs drowning the store in them that aren't selling meanwhile having 0 S-Ms which are clearly in demand, is a good idea instead of ordering a bunch of the sizes that sell.

Sarasota Costco just simply doesn't stock anything smaller that medium. Sometimes there will be smalls and there well be a ton left because nobody buys them besides me. It's how I got 50 or so of those synthetic "cool" shirts for pennies on the dollar, because they had smalls and no buyers.

It's our regional area, a ton of fat boomers.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

who's your crawdaddy posted:

They did have a special technique they used for the blade grind, pulsing on and off for 1 second so the beans don't just hover along the top, and then shaking to redistribute in between pulses. I thought it was interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7LAzSKgeoQ

There are people that don't grind like that?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Me n da WIFE are gonna brave the wilds and go to Costco today. On a mission for lobstah! Prepping for an anniversary dinner. All I know is that Costco sells lobster tails in 30pks ? I don't need 30 tails! Or do I....

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Me n da WIFE are gonna brave the wilds and go to Costco today. On a mission for lobstah! Prepping for an anniversary dinner. All I know is that Costco sells lobster tails in 30pks ? I don't need 30 tails! Or do I....

I hope you are cooking these yourself and not asking your wife to cook on your anniversary.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
advice on how to get tail itt

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

My casper mattress from Costco arrived today! :woop: How long do I need to let it air out before I can sleep on it? The web-site says I can do it almost immediately, is that true?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Get some gruyere and make mornay sauce to go with it, amazing.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bioshuffle posted:

My casper mattress from Costco arrived today! :woop: How long do I need to let it air out before I can sleep on it? The web-site says I can do it almost immediately, is that true?

Casper matress's suck rear end bro, should've done some research.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Last lobster item I bought was the lobster bisque which was pretty not good. I remember I ended up using it as a sort of pasta sauce to get through it.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

therobit posted:

I hope you are cooking these yourself and not asking your wife to cook on your anniversary.

What on earth...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bioshuffle posted:

you have to take it out of the package first

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Skrill.exe posted:

What on earth...

I mean, even though I cook most of the meals, if I asked my wife to cook dinner on our anniversary it would go over like a lead balloon. We'd eat at an outdoor restaurant or get takeout instead.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Casper matress's suck rear end bro, should've done some research.

What do you recommend instead? I liked the one I tried out, but if I don't like it I can always return it. It's not that big of a deal.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

therobit posted:

Not to call out my wife on a dead gay internet forum, but I'm the one who cooks mostly in this family. She bakes tho! And she...:weed:bakes:weed:...

She did make me cripsy rear end bacon today for breakfast tho ! (I love burnt rear end bacon. Legitimately)

Joke answer: YEAH! SHE BETETR HAVE DINNER RAEDY WHEN I GET HOME FROM THE drat COAL MINES!!

*al bundy hands in pants. Flushes toilet*

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Washout posted:

Get some gruyere and make mornay sauce to go with it, amazing.

I honestly have no idea what I'm gonna do. Was gonna try and grill some surf n turf. Maybe do what you said. Maybe maybe pasta? :iiam:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't have any specific reccomenedations but companies like casper use low quality materials and then pay for cheap advertising like podcasts, they also buy up old review blogs and push their own products to gently caress up any reviews you see online. Your gonna spend a third of your life on that matress and you should expect it to last for a decade at least. Don't cheap out pay for quality.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't have any specific reccomenedations but companies like casper use low quality materials and then pay for cheap advertising like podcasts, they also buy up old review blogs and push their own products to gently caress up any reviews you see online. Your gonna spend a third of your life on that matress and you should expect it to last for a decade at least. Don't cheap out pay for quality.

What bed do you use? All you're doing is saying I've made a bad choice and not really giving any alternatives. Are you talking about a tempur-pedic mattress? If you look into it more, the entire mattress industry is corrupt as all hell.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’ve loved my Purple mattress for the last 3 years and I don’t really care if they astroturf mommy bloggers or whatever

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How many eggs did you lay on?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Casper and of course costco does have great return policies at least if you don’t like it.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

Fallom posted:

I’ve loved my Purple mattress for the last 3 years and I don’t really care if they astroturf mommy bloggers or whatever
I'm looking forward to many nights of blissful sleep on this thing. There's nothing wrong with being picky if you have a hard time falling asleep or have back pain or whatever, though.

I love that I was able to get a discount just for being a Costco member.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Bioshuffle posted:

I'm looking forward to many nights of blissful sleep on this thing. There's nothing wrong with being picky if you have a hard time falling asleep or have back pain or whatever, though.

I love that I was able to get a discount just for being a Costco member.

Just go with whatever bed you find comfortable. Don't listen to some schmuck on here who tells you you made the wrong pick for your bed.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I bought a $100 foam mattress from Best Buy of all places and it’s the best bed ever. Bed however you want. Cheap out on your mattress and live well

Because only in situ coffee grinding makes a measurable qol improvement.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey so can my wife come with me to Costco if she doesn't have a membership??

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah, and if you go to the service desk she can get her own card at no additional cost.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hey so can my wife come with me to Costco if she doesn't have a membership??

The real question is do you really want her to see all the snack foods that you secretly eat in your car at night?

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

Enos Cabell posted:

Yeah, and if you go to the service desk she can get her own card at no additional cost.
Wait. Really?

I had no idea this was a thing. I've tried to buy thing my SO's card while they were out browsing, and the cashier wouldn't let me check out until they came to the register.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Each membership comes with one associated card, yes.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

FilthyImp posted:

Each membership comes with one associated card, yes.

Do they have to live with you or can they be a friend?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nitrousoxide posted:

I don't think it matters, AFAIK.

Of course, the Costco account is one of the most contentious things in a breakup...

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nitrousoxide posted:

The website says proof of residence at the same address. So it can be a roommate, an au pair or an incorporeal spirit trapped beneath your floorboards. So long as they have corporeal id

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

shadow puppet of a posted:

The website says proof of residence at the same address. So it can be a roommate, an au pair or an incorporeal spirit trapped beneath your floorboards. So long as they have corporeal id

In true Costco fashion, I save money by having all three embodied in one entity. My live-in ghost au pair has her own Costco card.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nitrousoxide posted:

My sister and I share a membership, it was easier than converting my parents membership to a business membership. Our cash back dividend we get pays for the membership every year, so it works out awesome for us.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nitrousoxide posted:

My mom lives on the other side of town and has her own card. She shops at the other Costco nearer her.

Bioshuffle posted:

What bed do you use? All you're doing is saying I've made a bad choice and not really giving any alternatives. Are you talking about a tempur-pedic mattress? If you look into it more, the entire mattress industry is corrupt as all hell.

I am not OP judging your mattress purchases. But I bought a Brooklyn Bedding one when I moved out and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. It's very comfy.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Stropwaffles are loving amazing and I haven't even tried the heating it over a coffee cup method yet.

Saw this when buying the salted egg yolk cookies, they are somewhat spicy, enough to feel a burn after a few seconds that lingers. They're much better then the egg yolk ones.

Also bought the lotus paste moon cakes. Two bites and I was ready to throw the whole thing away rather then eat more. It's serving size says 1/9 for each cake.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 9, 2020

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The real question is do you really want her to see all the snack foods that you secretly eat in your car at night?

poo poo if she doesnt beat me too it!

Got a 24pk of Oktoberfest 6 lobster tails a buncha jumbo shramp and bithcin sauce! Only 5.99!!! No thick flannels tho sadly

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I picked up a bag of jerky and somehow it didn't make it to the pantry, it was my secret garage jerky for the last few days. Work a little, grab a little meat snack.

I had to move it inside because it was going quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Honestly I love the beds they use at Hilton hotels but the next best bed I have ever slept on was a warn but stiff springy-rear end mattress from like the 60s or 70s with a 3 inch piece of memory foam from Costco on top. Soft but firm.