Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Here is the artist who will use the teeth: https://www.taylorbaldwinstudio.com/#/the-decedent/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Wasn't there a goon here that was trying to get a hold of them?

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Warbird posted:

Wasn't there a goon here that was trying to get a hold of them?

Oh yeah that was me but this guy deserves them

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'm surprised they didn't mention Ke$ha once during tooth talk:

"Ke$ha Thanks Fans For Support From Rehab, Asks For Their Teeth As Well"

quote:

This special request might be slightly creepy and bizarre, but it isn’t the first time Ke$ha has crafted with human teeth. In 2012, the singer asked her followers to send her their teeth and she got a shockingly positive response.

“I asked for them to send me their teeth and I got, like, over 1000 human teeth,” she told BANG Showbiz, at the time. “I made it into a bra top, and a headdress, and earrings and necklaces. I’ve worn it out.”

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
:stare:

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

that rules

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ivypls posted:

that's ... something

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

People definitely pulled out their own healthy adult teeth to mail them to ke$ha

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Hell yeah! WWG Extended Edition:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I want there to be a Hearts of Darkness-style documentary on the making of WWG

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Sankara posted:

Moneyzone more proof that Justin simply does not listen to his brothers for portions of the podcast, perhaps the majority of it

it is very funny

I feel like in literally any other podcast dynamic, one of the hosts just checking out would trigger "if you don't care about this podcast, why should I?" but Justin checking out of a dumb tangent from his brother's just fits the podcast (also considering the has pets, two young kids and I think his wife still works part time hours, these are just the checkouts making it into the edit)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ85tQza90w

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

:monocle:

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1314314051133079553?s=21

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Justin is on record not knowing how to wash dishes by hand, I question how much building he did.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

buddhist nudist posted:

Justin is on record not knowing how to wash dishes by hand, I question how much building he did.

Obviously Charlie actually built it.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

buddhist nudist posted:

He has a lifetime passion for woodworking (as of late May). He's been building tons of stuff, check his Instagram.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea while Justin is, in some ways, an absolute monster, his woodworking passion that lockdown has unlocked seems legit!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The same guy who patented Dad’s Fat Trash Sack built that

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

buddhist nudist posted:

I'm in the same boat. I can wash dishes by hand using running water, but the soak method eludes me.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shaker bordering is like Woodshop 101 stuff. It looks impressive but is very simple to build. Which is the point of shaker borders.

-Another woodworking dad

What I don't get is why? That project would have taken ages to sand and paint for a novelty item that is absolutely huge.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kazy posted:

I'm in the same boat. I can wash dishes by hand using running water, but the soak method eludes me.

ya just soak it!

um excuse me posted:

Shaker bordering is like Woodshop 101 stuff. It looks impressive but is very simple to build. Which is the point of shaker borders.

-Another woodworking dad

What I don't get is why? That project would have taken ages to sand and paint for a novelty item that is absolutely huge.

It's fun, and like you said, easy to do?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
He's stuck at home and he has children stuck at home. I can see the motivation for building a playhouse.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

um excuse me posted:

-Another woodworking dad

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1314314609881485312

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ah even better then, good for him helping out with his new skills.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

he (and everyone in this thread) need to watch canada's worst handymen to know what not to do when woodworking

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The 7th Guest posted:

he (and everyone in this thread) need to watch canada's worst handymen to know what not to do when woodworking

Is that as good as canada's worst drivers? That was mindblowing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

buddhist nudist posted:

I feel like in literally any other podcast dynamic, one of the hosts just checking out would trigger "if you don't care about this podcast, why should I?" but Justin checking out of a dumb tangent from his brother's just fits the podcast (also considering the has pets, two young kids and I think his wife still works part time hours, these are just the checkouts making it into the edit)

He also has a lot of very important domain names to check the availability of.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The 7th Guest posted:

No self-promotion.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Adjunct Professor Metis posted:

Is that as good as canada's worst drivers? That was mindblowing.
same production company and host and i honestly prefer it to CWD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg5uljtp9no

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The 7th Guest posted:

same production company and host and i honestly prefer it to CWD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg5uljtp9no

oh my god thank you, next lockdown binge here I come!!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Adjunct Professor Metis posted:

oh my god thank you, next lockdown binge here I come!!

If we're talking lockdown binges Justin recommended TaskMaster yesterday and I can't stop watching.

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1314032848140144640?s=20

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I just finished all of the Taskmaster currently available on Youtube and it’s easily the best thing I’ve seen in years, no hyperbole.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

I just finished all of the Taskmaster currently available on Youtube and it’s easily the best thing I’ve seen in years, no hyperbole.

It's probably in my Top 5 shows of all time.

The first clip I ever saw from the show was Joe Wilkinson's "Please don't take this away from me." And I instantly knew that the show was something truly special and Alex Horne is an absolute genius.

The list of best moments is just too long.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

little Alex Horne is an absolute genius.

Ftfy

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Taskmaster is amazing. I got to take part in one of the tasks and it was so much fun. Alex Horne is lovely. Other countries have their own versions of the show. The American one is rubbish, but I'm having a lot of fun with the Swedish one, Bäst i Test.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I thought the American one got completely canceled before it aired more than one episode. Is there somewhere to watch it other than the few short clips on YouTube? Also what was the issue with it, was Reggie just not as good as the Taskmaster?

And if you’re willing to share, I’d be interested to hear about your experience.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kazy posted:

As a former food service sanitation person and desert rat, this hurts to read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTEypv5EjMo

Save water use a dishwasher if you have it.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

I thought the American one got completely canceled before it aired more than one episode. Is there somewhere to watch it other than the few short clips on YouTube? Also what was the issue with it, was Reggie just not as good as the Taskmaster?

And if you’re willing to share, I’d be interested to hear about your experience.

CW aired the British version for one episode.

There was an actual american version on Comedy Central that was a season (but maybe a short one?) Hosted by Alex and Reggie Watts.

It didn't really work. It seemed like the comedians they got just didn't buy in as much as the British ones did. It seemed like there was too much American style anger and frustration at the tasks? Maybe because the house was a fancy SoCal mansion today want quaint at all? I dunno, it just really really didn't work. Maybe because Reggie isn't Greg? Maybe the UK version works because there is an insane dictator controlling the game, stripping the contestants of any perception of control or fairness? Goddamn taskmaster is great.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 9, 2020

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

It was just much too short really. After adverts you ended up with 22 minutes in which to get to know two hosts and five contestants, watch tasks and have banter. The UK version is about twice the length of that, and the Swedish one is an hour. 22 minutes is no time at all.

I was one of the many people involved with Rhod Gilbert's video game recreation task, if anyone's seen that. It was a great day. We shot for a good few hours to get his thirty seconds of task. Both Rhod and Alex talked to everyone, told jokes, had a great time. Really fun.

Fans of Alex should subscribe to his musical comedy podcast, The Horne Section (there are two RSS feeds, one is an older show that no longer updates).

Edit: And check out No More Jockeys on youtube. It's a series in which Alex Horne, Tim Key and Mark Watson play a game over Zoom. (Like a parlour game, not a video game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xIulxG7_k8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?NoMoreJockeys

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Just saw an ad for WWG and it was nothing but people saying how nice it was to be in a real theater again. Nothing about the movie itself.

It must be terrible...