Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
A cat :3:

Thanks for the recaps, this was what I was looking for. R.i.p. Sundance :(

e. In 2020, it feels so strange to listen to a podcast that doesn't have ads in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

In addition to the half-brother we've known about for a few years, a few months ago Seth revealed he has a half-sister named something like Justice? that he didn't know about for most of his life.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

General Dog posted:

Well, shouldn't be anything wrong with recapping what they've disclosed on the show:

-Both are still in LA; they still record in Seth's apartment, which is the same one he's been in for the duration of the show.
-Jonathan has been married several times over the course of the show, but I don't remember where he stands right now. Seth only ever obliquely references his dating life, and even that's pretty rare.
-Seth appeared as an internet repairman on an episode of IFC's Maron
-We found out this year that Seth has a half-brother who periodically calls him with ideas for new business models.
-Seth has a cat now
-I'm not sure if Seth still works at a dispensary or not. Part of their initial Patreon pitch a few years ago was that they could move to doing the podcast full-time.

- Seth found out recently that he has a secret older half-sister
- Marcia got (breast?) cancer but is doing okay now
- Jonathan has a second place in the desert east of LA

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I thought this was the best Seth rant in many moons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w78fcqt0Bso

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Which ep is the parrot story.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The guys doing the podcast for 15+ years and getting old together and never commercializing is one of those things that feels like it was accidentally transported here from a better, happier universe.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Seltzer posted:

Which ep is the parrot story.

Parrot Larroquette is 634.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Meant sincerely with love: it's funny that nothing else about Jonathan's life or personality would lead you to believe he would/could record 821 episodes of a podcast consistently over 14 years.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 8, 2020

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
seth is irish

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

nerve posted:

seth is irish

LOL

Probably the biggest news.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Idk if this is an invasive question, but what are they up to in their private lives now, I'm so out of the loop. Are they married, what do they work with, do they still live in LA? Are there any big events they might mention basically. I haven't listened for 8 years.
Jonathan is also sober again, seemingly for real this time

E: Dang eight years is a long time. The Dance was on some TV show and Seth found a bra that an actress left in it.

TACD fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 9, 2020

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/UhhYeahDude/status/819688094077054978

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

nerve posted:

seth is irish

Seth is Neanderthal

Also Seth's trip to Hawaii was big. Don't know what episodes that was around.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
seth going to hawaii blew me away. driving by zuckerbergs compound and flipping it the bird

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Jah saying that he cried when Seth told him he was going to Hawaii...

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

I'm smitten, he's so cute :3:

Anyone know around what episode Seth went to Hawaii? That sounds wholesome as gently caress. I always got the impression he doesn't go outside LA much?

I know I already mentioned this, but the lack of ads is amazing. I can only imagine what a mood killer it would be if there was suddenly a squarespace ad in the middle of a Seth rant or one of Jonathan's crazy childhood stories.

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Oct 9, 2020

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The beauty boy himself!

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Admiral Goodenough posted:

A cat :3:

Thanks for the recaps, this was what I was looking for. R.i.p. Sundance :(

e. In 2020, it feels so strange to listen to a podcast that doesn't have ads in it.

it kicks rear end to put a podcast on and not have to hover over the Skip 30 Seconds button constantly

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
“I just want to let you know that I think your dreads are, like, really sexy.”
“Oh, thank you so much!”

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Loved the episode where Mizu puked in the middle of the recording and they just stop down for a minute to watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTGjGFoB1Pc&t=2190s

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

JethroMcB posted:

Loved the episode where Mizu puked in the middle of the recording and they just stop down for a minute to watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTGjGFoB1Pc&t=2190s

"mama tried" :hmbol: need to get me one of those.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My wife turned on Hubie Halloween on Netflix and I understand every Adam Sandler rant that Seth's ever been on.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Listening to the discussion about the Louie Theroux cake, it’s hilarious how worked up Seth gets over us having different celebrities in the UK

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

TACD posted:

Listening to the discussion about the Louie Theroux cake, it’s hilarious how worked up Seth gets over us having different celebrities in the UK

I think Louie Theroux is well known in the US, I guess. But I also watch a lot of documentaries. FWIW I think that if Seth were to watch GBBO, I think he would like it.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

bollig posted:

I think Louie Theroux is well known in the US, I guess. But I also watch a lot of documentaries. FWIW I think that if Seth were to watch GBBO, I think he would like it.

I would be shocked if more than 1% of the US knows who Louis Theroux is

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

seth is losing his loving mind right now

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Did Jonathan ever say on the show that he works at Future Music or was that the result of internet sleuthing? Cuz I just looked it up and I'm like 10 minutes from there

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

inferis posted:

seth is losing his loving mind right now

it was real bad too

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Binowru posted:

Did Jonathan ever say on the show that he works at Future Music or was that the result of internet sleuthing? Cuz I just looked it up and I'm like 10 minutes from there

Yeah, it's come up on the show a handful of times, no creepy internet detective-ing involved

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Binowru posted:

i actually figured it out by happenstance when he mentioned something about the shop then juan alderete or nick reinhart said the same thing on a pedals and effects video about future music. odd little 'oh thats where johnathan works, rad' moment. it seems like a cool little music store from what ive seen in juan/nick/earthquaker devices videos.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Ep 449, Jah tells Seth about performing light dental surgery on himself. JFC the story is gross and only something Jah would do.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Oh god, is that the pus story because I forgot about that one :barf:

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

zenguitarman posted:

Oh god, is that the pus story because I forgot about that one :barf:

Yeah, he just brushed it off like no big deal but I wanted to hurl just listening to it haha.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
The rat drowning story was a few episodes earlier or later, also. His life had some great things going on during that time

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Carlton Banks posted:

The rat drowning story was a few episodes earlier or later, also. His life had some great things going on during that time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSxAKE3e5WM

all timer

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I know we have mentioned it a million times now but J's jack black at the basketball match story is the best.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
This discussion of what constitutes an orgy is killing me.

"It's a light brushing of all protrusions and orifices."

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
"how many pages long can a joke possibly be?"

It took dane cook like two whole specials to tell one joke

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

GhostDog posted:

This discussion of what constitutes an orgy is killing me.

"It's a light brushing of all protrusions and orifices."

I think you just have to make a move common to an orgy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This intervention about Seth's hatred and compartmentalization of all media in 824 is very good and long overdue.