Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/colbydroscher/status/1314356338483515393

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/HrfqiWy.mp4

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://mobile.twitter.com/holypuppyfan/status/1314570502728450048

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Developing the mecha suit for his role as the final boss of capitalism, I see

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

amazon warehouse workers won't even work in the warehouse anymore they'll "work from home" in tent cities leasing time in the work-simulator like taxi medallions

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

lol, taking off the gloves before shaking their hands.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

space marine todd posted:

q anon really just absorbs everything and it somehow makes sense to these people

incredible

loQtus of borg

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

https://twitter.com/Arr/status/1243963788895744002

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

strong kim jong touring the facilities energy

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
wow it's so amazing that you can build these things you're so smart! i bet nobody else could've told you that you should be building things with all those smarts you have. that'll be 97 trillion dollars please.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i like that the booth guy is like "can you still wiggle your fingers? alright" and they rush to take them off

~dreams of that amazing tactical feedback overloading~

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

ArmZ posted:

they knew what they signed up for

lol the children who are talking about how much they hate their recruiters for lying to them? oh yeah, they're definitely well informed people making rational decisions

THS
Sep 15, 2017

at 17 i was signing papers promising i would pay back some indeterminate amount of fake monopoly money in exchange for a worthless liberal arts degree. not everyone can find a cosigner and jobs aren’t exactly bountiful. if you have poo poo parents or whatever options are pretty limited

like don’t join the army, and being in the role of armed enforcer of imperialism is Very Bad, but i have some sympathy for a dumbass teenager with zero prospects getting groomed and lied to by recruiters who will do anything to meet their quotas

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I took great satisfaction in telling an army recruiter who got my phone number way back when I was like 18 and DADT was still policy that classic Goon catchphrase, "im gay"

Never got another call

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

When I got called up before the conscription board, I drew a number that ensured service. I objected, as did my fathers before me, and spent 10 months doing office work at a public hospital

the job was mindnumbing copywork (youre not supposed to take the place of an actual worker, its more like a punishment for refusing the army), but the place and some of the other peopls were alright

anyway, theyve cut down on the draft, my younger brothers were nowhere near that.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mr. Lobe posted:

I took great satisfaction in telling an army recruiter who got my phone number way back when I was like 18 and DADT was still policy that classic Goon catchphrase, "im gay"

Never got another call

Around when I was getting recruitment calls I was researching a persuasive paper for the repeal of DADT, it was interesting to hear their questions and responses in light of what I knew they were legally able to ask, and seeing where their line for giving the gently caress up on me would be. Definitely made for nice examples in the paper.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I joined the Air Force partly because my dad was USAF and I was raised in a hyperconservative environment, and partly because dad was going to start charging me rent if I was still living at home after graduating high school, and with my grades I wasn't getting into any schools or getting any jobs worth a drat. It was the only way I could escape basically

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/heaberald/status/1314435860864143360

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

thats not jeff green from curb your enthusiasm is it

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

it will never get old

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

THS posted:

at 17 i was signing papers promising i would pay back some indeterminate amount of fake monopoly money in exchange for a worthless liberal arts degree. not everyone can find a cosigner and jobs aren’t exactly bountiful. if you have poo poo parents or whatever options are pretty limited

like don’t join the army, and being in the role of armed enforcer of imperialism is Very Bad, but i have some sympathy for a dumbass teenager with zero prospects getting groomed and lied to by recruiters who will do anything to meet their quotas

otoh, the gi bill is stupid good and getting away from lovely home situations or lovely home towns and seeing the world is generally good. not all jobs are infantry or drone pilot. sign up to be a computer toucher or a coast guardsman and suck on that sweet college money tit without having to be a murderer for the Carlisle Group.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

I just noticed the wonderful art on the wall in the lower left corner pic. Always something new, always a treat.

bartok
May 10, 2006

ArmZ posted:

they knew what they signed up for

Just wanted to say gently caress you! When I was 17 I nearly joined Army because I was a foster kid in rural Ohio with middling grades and looking at being potentially homeless when I turned 18 and graduated high school. Seemed like the only way out of a lovely situation at the time and I was constantly hounded by recruiters because I went so far as to take the ASVAB. Thankfully I found and qualified for a program for kids leaving foster care that helped pay for an apartment while I got on my feet and found a steady job.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

bartok posted:

Just wanted to say gently caress you! When I was 17 I nearly joined Army because I was a foster kid in rural Ohio with middling grades and looking at being potentially homeless when I turned 18 and graduated high school. Seemed like the only way out of a lovely situation at the time and I was constantly hounded by recruiters because I went so far as to take the ASVAB. Thankfully I found and qualified for a program for kids leaving foster care that helped pay for an apartment while I got on my feet and found a steady job.

That's a rotten situation and I hate this country for putting you and others like you in a position where becoming grist for the imperial meat grinder would seem like the only route to security. I'm glad you found a way out.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

bartok posted:

literally the only thing that kept me out of the army is that I had good enough grades and was in enough after school poo poo that I was able to scoop up a decent scholarship. If I had failed a few tests as a dumbass teenager or the school district I was in had fewer extracurricular programs I'd have been like any one of those kids in the video. The idea that any of these kids have any idea of what they're "signing up for" is loving idiotic.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
p sure it's a joke based on what trump told a soldiers widow who got murdered in Africa.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Maybe, but it's also an extremely common sentiment expressed both earnestly and ironically and has been for a long, long time, prior to Trump saying it in public on TV.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Maybe, but it's also an extremely common sentiment expressed both earnestly and ironically and has been for a long, long time, prior to Trump saying it in public on TV.

Yeah, I graduated not long before 9/11, so my group was in that prime "signed up for the military for GI Bill benefits during 'peacetime' and then got deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan because 'you knew what you signed up for'" bullshit.

One of my buddies from junior high has to piss and poo poo into a bag for the rest of his life because he signed up for the National Guard in 2000 for extra cash and job training (wanted to be a mechanic and couldn't afford school), got deployed to Iraq to drive a truck, and ran over an IED.

Not everyone who joined the military did so before they love US hegemony, a lot were (and are) very young people in bad situations who got lied to both by recruiters and the media. That said...

gently caress US imperialism, gently caress the leaders that ran us headlong into it, gently caress the leaders that perpetuate the forever war, gently caress the dipshit chuds who join because they want to kill, gently caress people who cheerlead them

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjT6B6IFUU8

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

the good old days when country music was about how the vietcong taught you how to kill cops

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/bertovo/status/1314332786736590848?s=19

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/ColesTwitt3r/status/1314659712349081600

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/v5xuHSQ.mp4

Has sound 🔊

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1314672199308017666

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

This is the last straw, I'm cancelling Donald Trump!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol the president had time to do a 3 hour radio show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

one of the guests on trueanon was talking about how getting rid of the draft was the best thing warhawks could have ever done because it eliminates any sort of public outcry about having to send their family members off to war, and they can still get as many people as they need by continuing to gently caress the poor