Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Good for her! She must have really made an impression with this being her first acting experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Vellani is 18, but she looks like she's 12 or 13 there. probably just the photo (which is apparently from earlier this year) though

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Pretty impressive to age only 5 years during 2020.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

Vellani is 18, but she looks like she's 12 or 13 there. probably just the photo (which is apparently from earlier this year) though

Having a lead actor of a non-ensemble show be under 18 would be a logistical nightmare for the production.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Invincible Teaser dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuMiq7eg91M&t=3s

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I was hoping they’d leave out the gore but oh well.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The gore's not much of a problem for me (I wouldn't mind if they toned it down) but this feels like synergy with the boys in having two over the top violent comic book shows.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

sounds like Helstrom is a dud going by most of the reviews, quelle surprise

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/MarvelsMODOK/status/1314574116809183233

Not what I was expecting the MODOK show to look like, but... I'm kinda digging it?

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Arist posted:

https://twitter.com/MarvelsMODOK/status/1314574116809183233

Not what I was expecting the MODOK show to look like, but... I'm kinda digging it?

did not know this was going to be stop-motion, i guess that makes me marginally more interested?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

FoneBone posted:

did not know this was going to be stop-motion, i guess that makes me marginally more interested?

I might have missed something but I'm not sure anyone involved with the show mentioned it until the past week or so

Hit-Monkey is also supposedly still happening at some point, for whatever reason

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
All caught up on Doom Patrol
loving Coivd. show ended on a cliffhanger.

Also Flex Mentallo should totally be in Injustice or some other fighting game. He has such good potential for a real fun move set.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

David D. Davidson posted:

All caught up on Doom Patrol
loving Coivd. show ended on a cliffhanger.

Also Flex Mentallo should totally be in Injustice or some other fighting game. He has such good potential for a real fun move set.

It's getting a third season so we're all good.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Was there a reason season 1 of Titans ended so abruptly only to have season 2's first episode pretty much wrap up season 1 before moving the story forward? The ending/beginning was very stilted and baffling.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's never been an official explanation as to what happened. All we know is that they cut the original s1 finale and then retooled it into the s2 premiere, removing elements like the Doom Patrol showing up and adding new stuff like the appearance of Deathstroke (who wasn't cast until well after the first season ended.)

In other news, Shantel VanSanten gave an interview recently and talked about her short time on The Flash. She explained that her character's abrupt departure from the show was because one of the showrunners got pissed that she was cast on another series. She was originally supposed to appear through to the end of s2 and arranged her shooting schedule so the new show wouldn't cause any problems but all of a sudden she found herself on a train off the show forever.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The orgasm fatality would be something else.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

There's never been an official explanation as to what happened. All we know is that they cut the original s1 finale and then retooled it into the s2 premiere, removing elements like the Doom Patrol showing up and adding new stuff like the appearance of Deathstroke (who wasn't cast until well after the first season ended.)

In other news, Shantel VanSanten gave an interview recently and talked about her short time on The Flash. She explained that her character's abrupt departure from the show was because one of the showrunners got pissed that she was cast on another series. She was originally supposed to appear through to the end of s2 and arranged her shooting schedule so the new show wouldn't cause any problems but all of a sudden she found herself on a train off the show forever.

I think the general explanation re: Titans is that they weren't satisfied creatively with how S1 turned out in principal photography, so there were a lot of reshoots and reediting. The original S1 finale wasn't even the only episode cut (iirc, E3 and E4 were edited together into the E3 we ended up getting).

re: VanSanten, I heard a rumor that there was some sort of MeToo issue on set. no idea if it was accurate, could have just been more general sexism

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

muscles like this! posted:

In other news, Shantel VanSanten gave an interview recently and talked about her short time on The Flash. She explained that her character's abrupt departure from the show was because one of the showrunners got pissed that she was cast on another series.

Dollars to donuts it was Kreisberg.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Wait, WHAT?

Headline: "Hulk Sad! Tatiana Maslany Says She Is Not Playing She-Hulk"
https://www.vulture.com/2020/10/tatiana-maslany-says-she-is-not-playing-she-hulk.html

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Wait, WHAT?

https://www.vulture.com/2020/10/tatiana-maslany-says-she-is-not-playing-she-hulk.html

Time to fire up the Lonely Man theme.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wait, WHAT?

I bet Disney themselves leaked it to get whoever they really were gonna hire for a bit cheaper. They've done that kinda poo poo before (Remember when John Krasinski was gonna be Captain America?)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Someone might want to let the showrunner and writer of the series know since they you know welcomed her when it was announced.

https://twitter.com/ChairmanGao/status/1306701640829816832

X-O fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 16, 2020

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah it seems more likely to me that they thought it was a done deal, then it fell through after they prematurely announced.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Or she's just saying things until Disney officially announces it.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Perhaps they only offered a series deal and no film appearances.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Perhaps they only offered a series deal and no film appearances.

I'm betting all the tv contracts include language saying they'd be paid X amount for a certain number of movies, so that if the show is a hit they aren't stuck trying to negotiate movie deals after the actor is super popular.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Or she's just saying things until Disney officially announces it.

most likely this, though it’s not impossible that it fell through

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Flex Mentallo should be in more things period. The actor is such a delight in his portrayal. He's the difference between S1 being merely good and great. S2 got through without much of him, but he was first introduced at just the right time to put the show over the top.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

howe_sam posted:

Dollars to donuts it was Kreisberg.

She said it was a showrunner who is no longer on the show, so I think that is a bingo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Three episodes in Helstrom isn't very good. It's not terrible or anything, if you wanted to watch something spooky and vaguely comic book related in October there's worse things to watch, but there's also a lot of better things. It's basically the first half of the Keanu Reeves Constantine film with less interesting actors than Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weisz.

Edit: Just remembered the Keanu Reeves Constantine film is on HBO Max, just watch that instead if you have it, it has Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weisz.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 18, 2020

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Edit: Just remembered the Keanu Reeves Constantine film is on HBO Max, just watch that instead if you have it, it has Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weisz.

And Tilda Swinton and Peter Stormare making the most of their screen time.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

And Gavin Rossdale!

and Gavin Rossdale's teeth!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

And Tilda Swinton and Peter Stormare making the most of their screen time.

I wanted those to be a surprise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys name the cast and neglect to mention that THE BEEF is in the film?

For shame.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

You guys name the cast and neglect to mention that THE BEEF is in the film?

For shame.

Again, wanting to save it as a surprise for first time viewers.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Skwirl posted:

Three episodes in Helstrom isn't very good. It's not terrible or anything, if you wanted to watch something spooky and vaguely comic book related in October there's worse things to watch, but there's also a lot of better things. It's basically the first half of the Keanu Reeves Constantine film with less interesting actors than Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weisz.

Thank you! I'm 4 episodes in and was trying to think of what it reminded me of. I'm a huge Hellblazer fan so while I actually liked Constantine, I've forgotten about Keanu's version since Matt Ryan adopted the role.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
I binged threw the whole first season of Helstrom today and it was okay. Overall it was pretty much paint by numbers but the teaser for season 2 was pretty great and I wish the show had just started there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

frgildan posted:

I binged threw the whole first season of Helstrom today and it was okay. Overall it was pretty much paint by numbers but the teaser for season 2 was pretty great and I wish the show had just started there.

That sucks to hear since there probably won't be a season two.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

My main problem with Helstrom so far is the guy playing him looks like a low rent version of the guy who plays The Deep in The Boys and is doing a similar gravely voice and all I can think about is this is just The Deep trying to get back into The Seven with another stupid plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaiman has announced that the Netflix adaptation of Sandman has finally begun filming. Still haven't announced any of the cast though.