Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I've seen outback steakhouses everywhere but never been in one. If they actually try to speak in an australian accent then that explains this joke from The Good Place

For those who haven't seen it, it's an American themed restaurant in Australia and the hostess greets you with a really bad fake southern accent. The menu's funny as hell too. Also go watch the Good Place

Oh my god it's the brother of the Fake Guy Fieri Menu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Phy posted:

The waiter at outback did not seem to appreciate me snickering about the Chocolate Thunder From Down Under dessert

The next time we tried to go, they had closed

You gotta be loving kidding, no way that’s a real dessert.

Edit: it’s a real dessert

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Coffee And Pie posted:

You gotta be loving kidding, no way that’s a real dessert.

Edit: it’s a real dessert

This is the same chain that produced a single loaded blooming onion that exceeds the recommended human daily calorie intake

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i m in awe of The Dessert Burger

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

haveblue posted:

This is the same chain that produced a single loaded blooming onion that exceeds the recommended human daily calorie intake

I mean, that’s not meant for one person.

Not that it stops people from housing one solo.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
I'm starting to think that Outback may have a reckless disregard for human health?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Data Graham posted:

They don't.

LOL, does "stuff yourself" have the "gently caress yourself" connotation in Australian?

Get stuffed, mate.

(Yes)

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

For those who haven't seen it, it's an American themed restaurant in Australia and the hostess greets you with a really bad fake southern accent. The menu's funny as hell too. Also go watch the Good Place

This is just the Hog's Breath Cafe menu though :confused:.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Plastik posted:

Last time I went to Outback everything was badly overcooked and still somehow made it to the table cold. I don't know why people go to Outback or why this derail is happening, but I really hope this helps.

That's authentic Australian-style cuisine, we like it burnt & cold. :colbert:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I mean, if you've eaten at a violently American eatery, that menu is only, like, two steps above the actual menu. Like every item on there is just "Well, except for this one thing, I think I've seen that on a menu." And/or "Except for that one thing, I would eat that..."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That menu has a lot of the same jokes as that old Guy Fieri parody menu.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/YIdOCA2.mp4

so hypnotic

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
God I'd eat the poo poo out of one of those right now. Not the whole thing, but like 1/3rd.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I'm eating onion rings as I type this. They're so awful compared to what that looks like.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

They're so good, my life's dream as a child was to order one of those as my entire meal, then I finally got the chance to do it and gave up like a quarter of the way in. Sometimes I want to time travel back and slap that little fucker

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There are worse ways to take two thousand calories in a sitting.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

3000 calories doesn't actually seem all that much to me. When I was younger and regularly punishing myself daily for months i topped over 2.5k daily calories multiple times a week and was still hungry. I was young and boxing though so :shrug:

This likely has no bearing though on the average american

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

HiroProtagonist posted:

3000 calories doesn't actually seem all that much to me. When I was younger and regularly punishing myself daily for months i topped over 2.5k daily calories multiple times a week and was still hungry. I was young and boxing though so :shrug:

This likely has no bearing though on the average american

Yeah, after all the average american probably eats twice that much and the only boxing they do is unboxing another big mac amirite?

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Ok? I'm just saying 3k calories isn't like automatically unhealthy

I do wish it didn't just all go to this dick

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Yeah sorry, I just couldn't help myself.
You're right though, with some heavy physical poo poo 3000 calories can easily be a deficit.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
My senior year of college I had to eat ~4000 calories a day because of my heavy workout routine. People would tell me they were jealous and it actually sucked a lot

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Oh yeah? When I was a polar explorer, we ate eight thousand calories and snacked on sticks of butter.

I’m not a polar explorer, but the caloric demands and butter snacking is true of actual polar expeditions.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 05:25 on Oct 11, 2020

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Even if you did need 4k calories per day I'm not sure this is the right way to get them.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Deformed Church posted:

Even if you did need 4k calories per day I'm not sure this is the right way to get them.

Which is probably why

Ugly In The Morning posted:

it actually sucked a lot

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just eat six Big Macs like a normal person.

Bonus points if you pretend you're on the phone ordering for more people than yourself to try and hide your embarrassment.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just eat six Big Macs like a normal person.

Bonus points if you pretend you're on the phone ordering for more people than yourself to try and hide your embarrassment.

order each one a little different to throw off the scent.

extra pickles on one, no onions on another. the perfect crime.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Post Your Favorite (or Request): I'm existing just for listing!!! > Outbacking the in-jokes: a thread about calories. :confuoot:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Ugly In The Morning posted:

My senior year of college I had to eat ~4000 calories a day because of my heavy workout routine. People would tell me they were jealous and it actually sucked a lot

Yeah, a lot of people don't get just how not fun it is to actually have to eat that much, especially with a lot of the restrictions in place. Like cutting while tryin to keep muscle, it's 4000 calories of chicken breast and broccoli. Readin about the diets of the Mr Olympia contestants is soul crushing because it's just eating for calories not because it's enjoyable or tastes good.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Watching strongman diet videos on YouTube made me realize thermodynamics suck if you wanna be a person able to throw a full keg into a third story window.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

No pain no gain. Regular frat Bros would just have two of them carry the keg up the stairs. And likely it would be a few beers lighter by the time it got to the top.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I remember hearing an interview with Rob McElheny talking about bulking up for Fat Mac and he started off trying to eat enough calories with relatively healthy food, but realized after like a week that he could either be getting the extra calories from eating like 6 extra meals of grilled chicken or whatever or he could just go to McDonalds like once.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
I went to an Outback Steakhouse after they first opened in Japan, and the toilets were labelled "Sheilas" and "Joeys" in English, nothing else, and they needed staffers outside to explain which toilet was which. Went back a year or so later and they were labelled "Men" and "Women" in Japanese. I think that they've even dropped the Australian theming there now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Solice Kirsk posted:

Watching strongman diet videos on YouTube made me realize thermodynamics suck if you wanna be a person able to throw a full keg into a third story window.

Go cyborg and make thermodynamics your oyster.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Platystemon posted:

Go cyborg and make thermodynamics your oyster.

Yeah, it's biology that sucks. We can easily build a machine capable of throwing a keg through a third story window, but if you want to build it out of muscle specifically the only way to do it is having an insane diet and workout schedule for a long time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ookiimarukochan posted:

I went to an Outback Steakhouse after they first opened in Japan, and the toilets were labelled "Sheilas" and "Joeys" in English, nothing else, and they needed staffers outside to explain which toilet was which. Went back a year or so later and they were labelled "Men" and "Women" in Japanese. I think that they've even dropped the Australian theming there now.

I'm impressed at how little sense that makes in any context

Joey is a term for baby marsupials of either sex

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

haveblue posted:

Yeah, it's biology that sucks. We can easily build a machine capable of throwing a keg through a third story window, but if you want to build it out of muscle specifically the only way to do it is having an insane diet and workout schedule for a long time.

And that may kill you aswell. Is there any Strongman that get to live past 60? I love watching these competitions but watching the diet and training is a recipe for disaster.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ghost Leviathan posted:

But Sheila's a girl's name and Joey's a boy's name! It makes perfect sense! :pseudo:

...Whaddaya mean the Japanese don't have our cultural referents?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
does anyone know what happened to the "on cloud nine" smiley? It was like a happy smiley on a.. purple or blue cloud?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They could have at least called them Bruces

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

does anyone know what happened to the "on cloud nine" smiley? It was like a happy smiley on a.. purple or blue cloud?

Probably got culled. In the past some of the admins were more aggressive about removing smilies they thought weren’t relevant or they personally disliked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Somebody asked in QCS: does anybody know if the "important announcement from the makers of chili" is a reference to anything?