Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Maeve has regained her heroic instincts, including for heroic timing. She was hiding behind trees. Both times. Waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accretionist posted:

Maeve has regained her heroic instincts, including for heroic timing. She was hiding behind trees. Both times. Waiting.

Easter egg: a series of shots where you see a tiny Maeve slowly running closer and closer to the Girl Fight for several minutes.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I don't really care how Maeve got there or whatever, that's just part of the trope. But it feels really trite to pull the exact same trick twice within about five minutes. Like now any time a villain is monologuing I'm going to be waiting for Maeve to pop up and sucker punch them.

e: though obviously she would be driving around in a Vought-edition Subaru Forester

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I don't really care how Maeve got there or whatever, that's just part of the trope. But it feels really trite to pull the exact same trick twice within about five minutes. Like now any time a villain is monologuing I'm going to be waiting for Maeve to pop up and sucker punch them.

e: though obviously she would be driving around in a Vought-edition Subaru Forester

Nah it was fine

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
I can't believe I have to explain this but this season clearly established that one of Maehve's powers is gaydar.

She was actually zeroing in on MM in the first scene because he got strangled by the prehensile dick and Homelander in the second scene because he was banging Doppleganger.

Are you guys even watching the show?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I asked my normie girlfriend if she was more bothered by the Fridging or the double monologue interruption and she said Shut the gently caress Up Nerd

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

“You made me marry a weirdo wife who gives terrible blow jobs!” was some peak Deep poo poo for me.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

I really wish they didn't have Frenchie say that. It was already super obvious.

Thirty years from now, "girls get it done" will be the Boys' sole contribution to human culture, much like assuming "oh my sweet summer child" is a Southernism and not something GRRM made up

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Like sometimes an unrealistic thing like an unlikely ally turning up in the nick of time can just happen because this isn't a documentary and doesn't need to be logic'd to death

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mameluke posted:

Thirty years from now, "girls get it done" will be the Boys' sole contribution to human culture, much like assuming "oh my sweet summer child" is a Southernism and not something GRRM made up

I don't care what anyone else says, Mameluke. You're an outstanding poster

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
The "poke the poo poo with a stick" part of me wonders what he-who-shall-not-be-named would say about Stormfront now. I wonder how far the goalposts would be moved to make it ok for him to like the literal nazi.

The thread would be unrecoverable garbage. Better to keep him out.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=petdsiZNKLo

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

As Nero Danced posted:

The "poke the poo poo with a stick" part of me wonders what he-who-shall-not-be-named would say about Stormfront now. I wonder how far the goalposts would be moved to make it ok for him to like the literal nazi.

The thread would be unrecoverable garbage. Better to keep him out.

Same reaction as Stormfront? "Those photos are clearly deepfakes."

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I hope that "Eat my poo poo, you Nazi bitch" makes it into the *Starligh†* action figure.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Blendy posted:

Same reaction as Stormfront? "Those photos are clearly deepfakes."

Too coherent. “FAKE NEWS” is more like it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alchenar posted:

Yeah she's following SF, also the context is from the conversation earlier in the episode she knows that the Nazi relevations must mean its Starlight making a play.
I think it also jostled her from her depressive complacency. It's one thing to be like "this is all bullshit PR who cares" and it's another for a loving Nazi Bride to be sitting next to you. And considering that as a queen person, Maeve probably would be an undesireable...

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Maybe she knew of Homelander's gently caress cabin or threatened a tech, which seems to a popular pastime at Vought.
I thought Homelander took the kid to his mom's cabin house and then found she wasn't there?

It kind of makes me think that Doppelganger was stationed in the Village of the Damned there as a rando that could shape-shift into the local postman or teacher if poo poo ever went down...

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Nothing in life will ever give me as much anxiety as this loving show

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
literally hooting, hollering as the girls get it done

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kinda want to make this my av, but not sure where the $ goes so I'll hold off.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

FilthyImp posted:

I think it also jostled her from her depressive complacency. It's one thing to be like "this is all bullshit PR who cares" and it's another for a loving Nazi Bride to be sitting next to you. And considering that as a queen person, Maeve probably would be an undesireable...

This is actually a good point: Maeve is probably not to big on what the Nazi take on LGBTQ people.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Wee Bairns posted:

Kinda want to make this my av, but not sure where the $ goes so I'll hold off.

There's a QCS thread where the mods will change it for you if you donate to RANN or ask nicely

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I haven't participated in this thread because I was avoiding spoilers, but I really loved this season. I never expected it to end up being such a clever allegory about the corrupting influence of nationalism on government, but it was all so well executed.

I was also clinched with anxiety throughout the entire episode 8! The Girls Getting It DONE was loving bad rear end and I loved every bit of it.

Since this show has already been renewed, I really can't wait to see what they do with everything. Especially Ryan, since he'll more than likely come under the influence of Neumann and her newfound political weight.

I also didn't have an issue with Maeve saving the day twice so quickly. I thought it was fairly obvious she probably followed Stormfront from the tower. And she's a supe, and tailing after two regular people who probably really didn't get very far at all in the time they were beating the poo poo out of Stormfront didn't seem implausible. But whatever, it didn't bother me.

One of the bigger hanging threads out there is Soldier Boy. They mentioned him and dropped references to him quite a bit this season, to the point that I assumed he would show up. Especially once it was revealed one WW2 veteran (SF) had already re-emerged. That makes me wonder if we won't see him next season in some capacity.

Then of course there is Cindy roaming around, or any other supe test subjects that might have survived. Which could just be another allegory for domestic terrorism next season, and how the biggest threats are the ones we made ourselves (see: this week's busted plot against the Michigan governor).

Either way, hell of a season, but most of all I can't wait to see where Neumann really comes from. Is she a Vaught product Edgar is manipulating from another angle within politics to infiltrate the government? Or did someone else synthesize some V that we don't know about (which seems unlikely)?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Doronin posted:

Is she a Vaught product Edgar is manipulating from another angle within politics to infiltrate the government?

It's this.

And Soldier Boy was cast and will be appearing next season.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

FilthyImp posted:

There's a QCS thread where the mods will change it for you if you donate to RANN or ask nicely

Thanks!!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Given her age, it seems highly unlikely she's another entity's agent (or I guess she could've been dosed as an adult, but I doubt that)

Either she's Vaught, or she's some other Supe's baby.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

All those SWAT dudes turning around to see Homelander standing there calmly and then calmly shutting the door :discourse:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That was cute how they gave Soldier Boy's Name The States thing to Ryan

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh yeah I hope Cindy got picked up by Love Sausage to start their own little supe squad

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's this.

And Soldier Boy was cast and will be appearing next season.

Time hop to have Ryan be Soldier Boy and AOC running for president after a few years fomenting power in her current role

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh also protip: IF you have a stash of superhuman destroying weaponry that's your only chance, don't yell out "quick we have to get to the car where the superhuman destroying weaponry that's our only chance is" where the superhuman you want to destroy can hear you

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I could very much see them doing a bit of a time jump, setting up a plot device of Vicky as a reason for the Boys to reunite sometime down the road as Hugie slowly clues in to her, or some such...

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Alright, that episode (and season) were awesome. To me, the most bonkers thing of the whole season is still the whale.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

Time hop to have Ryan be Soldier Boy and AOC running for president after a few years fomenting power in her current role

That would make his "initiation test" really loving weird.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Sab669 posted:

Given her age, it seems highly unlikely she's another entity's agent (or I guess she could've been dosed as an adult, but I doubt that)

Either she's Vaught, or she's some other Supe's baby.

That's a good point. There has to be pretty high odds that of the supes who procreated, at least one other one had to have given way to a natural born supe.

And something I just thought of, at the very end when Alastair is telling A-Train and The Deep about the one opening in The Seven, shouldn't there be two openings? Or did Black Noir survive his allergic reaction?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doronin posted:

That's a good point. There has to be pretty high odds that of the supes who procreated, at least one other one had to have given way to a natural born supe.

And something I just thought of, at the very end when Alastair is telling A-Train and The Deep about the one opening in The Seven, shouldn't there be two openings? Or did Black Noir survive his allergic reaction?

Homelander says Black Noir is in a vegetative state.

e-
Stormfront tells him BN is unresponsive then HL says he's a vegetable.

Romes128 fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 9, 2020

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doronin posted:

They said he was in a coma but they couldn't tell if he had brain damage because he's Black Noir

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Doronin posted:

"One is redemption, two is weakness.", paraphrasing Mr Edgar and Alastair.

Yes Black Noir survived but he's still in the hospital. iirc he's in a coma or vegetative state.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Noir is still alive but there’s actually 3 spots anyway.

Homelander, Maeve, Noir and Starlight.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Thank you all for clarifying! There was a moment my wife just had to tell me about something she saw on Twitter and I was wondering if I missed something. I totally missed that Homelander called that out. Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I told y'all it wasn't a suicide