Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hype for the new Amnesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQC8wlGz-4g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Silent Hill 1 still holds up really well. The textures are murky enough that your imagination fills in the rest, and even the cumbersome tank controls give you that lead-footed feeling you get sometimes in a nightmare. The intro before the diner is still scary

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Silent Hill 1 still holds up really well. The textures are murky enough that your imagination fills in the rest, and even the cumbersome tank controls give you that lead-footed feeling you get sometimes in a nightmare. The intro before the diner is still scary

The towns in SH1 and 2 really felt huge with the fog, never knowing if where you're walking is even going to have more road or a usable door is pretty freaky

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/mobyshots/status/1314643476110290944

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
playing REmake as Jill. I have never played a resident evil game. i love how the puzzles and rooms unfold so gracefully

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kull the Conqueror posted:

playing REmake as Jill. I have never played a resident evil game. i love how the puzzles and rooms unfold so gracefully

Enjoy. The Spencer mansion hides untold wonder...

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I want to play Luigi's Mansion 3 finally but it's still 90 degrees during the day here and that's just not scary game weather

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Play some l4d2 bros

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Is the new fan expansion thing any good?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

American McGay posted:

Is the new fan expansion thing any good?

It's good but the part at the end is too long.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

I want to play Luigi's Mansion 3 finally but it's still 90 degrees during the day here and that's just not scary game weather

Bruh.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
When I was 11 or 12 my brother and a buddy went halves on a PlayStation and every other weekend we'd have it and I would try to play Resident Evil at night with the lights off and just absolutely lose my mind. I don't think I ever made it might farther than the Moonlight Sonata, but the first zombie fmv and the dogs busting through the windows made me insane.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

When I was 11 or 12 my brother and a buddy went halves on a PlayStation and every other weekend we'd have it and I would try to play Resident Evil at night with the lights off and just absolutely lose my mind. I don't think I ever made it might farther than the Moonlight Sonata, but the first zombie fmv and the dogs busting through the windows made me insane.

before COVID I was going to have two friends over once a month just to turn out the lights and play horror games and im holding onto a lot of them with the hopes we can still do that

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

It's good but the part at the end is too long.
the beach area is like one of those doom wads made by somebody with no sense of scale

zombies sprinting towards you out in the open for like a full minute

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Oh christ was I supposed to combine the acid with those generic grenade shells I already loaded into the launcher to make room?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

poo poo's kicking off in remake 1. this games so loving good. i can't remember much of the latter parts of the mansion and im scared shitless lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

loving. HOIIIPE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

poo poo's kicking off in remake 1. this games so loving good. i can't remember much of the latter parts of the mansion and im scared shitless lol

getting your head instantly shorn clean by an offscreen Hunter ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my GF started playing RE2make and watching her getting extremely scared at all the parts that freaked me out owns. this game is so incredible. Hoping there's a scary games sale soon so I can try RE3 even though it seems to be pretty bleh

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

my GF started playing RE2make and watching her getting extremely scared at all the parts that freaked me out owns. this game is so incredible. Hoping there's a scary games sale soon so I can try RE3 even though it seems to be pretty bleh

I just beat RE3 the other night and I liked it a lot. It's really short but still a lot of fun

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Going through luigis mansion 1 + 2 at the same time, I enjoy the free roam aspect of 1 more than the mission structure of 2 but I really like the ghost catching mechanics of 2 compared to 1. Both great games though so far

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Try Diabotical OP. It’s so good that it’s Scary. AND, believe it or not... *leans in to whisper in your ear* It’s free on the Epic Games Store. Absolutely loving free. Can you believe that? loving free. 😱

*pats my damaged and destroyed wallet like its a terminally ill elderly dog* It's over, boy. You're free now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*pats my damaged and destroyed wallet like its a terminally ill elderly dog* It's over, boy. You're free now

Lol

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Wormskull posted:

Try Diabotical OP. It’s so good that it’s Scary. AND, believe it or not... *leans in to whisper in your ear* It’s free on the Epic Games Store. Absolutely loving free. Can you believe that? loving free. 😱

It's not free because you have to give Epic an email

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Len posted:

i dont like the tone of this at all

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It's asking me to sign up for their newsletter. ie: provide them with my info. It's not like a free game on epic where you just click it and its added to your account. Having to give them information makes it, to me, not free.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Len posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp16gX5i9LY

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

If only there was a way to get another email that I never check

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Len posted:

It's asking me to sign up for their newsletter. ie: provide them with my info. It's not like a free game on epic where you just click it and its added to your account. Having to give them information makes it, to me, not free.

thats sounds like literally every game ive gotten for free on the epic store and you leave the box unchecked, otherwise yeah i guess the only other option is to pay the minimum $10000 per month it costs to get an email address that youll never use again or look at

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I would also be upset, if I unilaterally decided words meant other things, and then spent a life time arguing with cops about how the light was glurple, or with the girl at subway who insists bacon isn't a vegetable.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

it's an unsourced quote from games

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

nearing the end of REmake 1. this game kicks so much rear end. thinking either RE Zero or RE4 is after this, while I'll try and inevitably fail yet again trying to power through Silent Hill 2.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
stoked to see the Soma devs have a new game coming out next week but also scared

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i watched the gameplay trailer and im gonna have a bad time lol. cant wait.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

here it is gamers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jChsLiRvWXw

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

just cleared REmake. what a fantastic game. looking at the achievements i almost want to do a Chris run immediately. especially since it would make a great connection to Zero. but i've never really played that one and just kind of want to dive right into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I love the illicit drug trafficking scheme in Silent Hill 1 that practically nobody would find on a first playthrough. Such a fantastic game. I bought a PS2 again just to replay Silent Hill 2 and 3. It's been a few years but I bet they still hold up really well also.