Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it is just so improbable and weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

when he unnecessarily put him in last year just to serve up the Tragic Homers i was cackling in shock
i would probably feel this way if I were a fan of any other team

instead, Kershaw's postseason is like a voodoo doll for my own psyche, knowing how much it devastates him makes it real tough to watch

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

bawfuls posted:

Dodgers pitching is deep enough that there should never be a reason to leave him in long enough to melt down for like 5+ runs, but Dave is full of surprises

Those playoff days, we used to know,
leave runners on, then out he'd go
eh bien, three run home run,
gently caress you, Matt Holliday.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Aroldis Chapman is really good at giving up big playoff homers, even if he was spared in 2016.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh hey I remember Jupiter Jazz she had a meltdown about how everyone from Houston is an inbred hick and despises the South with every ounce of her being. Definitely the voice of reason on this one!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rays real good.

Series was great. Helped me out a lot. I had a lot of fun and am bummed but not upset.

Pulling HARD for Tampa Bay to keep taking down their villains. I might be more invested in Tampa/Houston then I was in this series.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm rooting for whoever wins the Astros / Rays series. AL supremacy baybay - NL took 33 years to realize DH is the superior option.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I literally don't care who wins the next series and then hopefully the dodgers don't gag away the WS.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

just like that the yankees cinderella run comes to an end. something tells me we haven't heard the last of these guys, though

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm glad we no longer have to deal with the media demanding a Yankees World Series appearance for at least another 11 months.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Baseball games are too reliant on homers in 2020 and it's bad. Basically whoever hits more homers wins and it sucks.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Brosseau hitting the go ahead HR to win the ALDS for the Rays off Chapman after Champman intentionally threw at his head is :discourse:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This series taught me that despite everything the Astros did, the Yankees are still the most hated team in SAS.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Kirios posted:

Oh hey I remember Jupiter Jazz she had a meltdown about how everyone from Houston is an inbred hick and despises the South with every ounce of her being. Definitely the voice of reason on this one!

Oh boo hoo. What's "this one?" Giving the Astros poo poo for making it to the playoffs on a losing record?

Not everyone in the south is a hick but please forgive me being tired of red state bullshit. Not that blue states are perfect but holy poo poo. Remember when our Lt. Gov. said the elderly should sacrifice themselves for the economy? And yet you're blaming someone for wanting to leave that environment? Acting like someone that is black and lgbt has zero reason to resent red states, most of all texas, is pretty loving rich.

Aren't you the guy that said you were going to gloat and the embrace the Astros' cheating? Big talk coming from you.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 10, 2020

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Sydin posted:

Brosseau hitting the go ahead HR to win the ALDS for the Rays off Chapman after Champman intentionally threw at his head is :discourse:

It was also one of the best AB's I've ever seen - amazing in every way.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't think Aaron Boone's the guy to lead the Yankees. I feel like he isn't maximizing their talent.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Kirios posted:

I don't think Aaron Boone's the guy to lead the Yankees. I feel like he isn't maximizing their talent.

AJ Hinch is available

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kirios posted:

I don't think Boone is a good manager but he's not the one scoring 1 run on 3 hits in a game 5. They might need to change the roster composition. IDK what they should even do. Maybe add like 3 more bullpen arm's.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 10, 2020

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Shut the gently caress up about politics please. Read the stickie.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
We are truly free now that the Yankees are dead.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

MrMidnight posted:

Shut the gently caress up about politics please. Read the stickie.

My bad.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Go Rays but mostly go NL.

What a pathetic showing by the Yankees bats in Game 5 :smith:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

All aboard the Rays bandwagon :bandwagon:

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Rays really impress me. I feel that way every time I watch them actually: "wow, the Rays are legit "

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Pussy Boss posted:

All aboard the Rays bandwagon :bandwagon:

Incessantly rooting for the Rays tbh

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trying to learn about who the baseball players are on the "rays"

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

The only thing I've figured out is that they don't have a bullpen they have a stable and everyone in it throws 98+

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They also have Cuban Mookie Betts

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

R.D. Mangles posted:

Blake Snell!!! And uhhhhhhh, carl crawford?

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Tonight I learned that it's pronounced Brandon Lowe, not Brandon Lowe.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

I love when people say how Gerrit Cole is making more this year than the Rays' entire starting lineup's payroll as a dig on the Yankees when it's actually the other way around

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Baseball games are too reliant on homers in 2020 and it's bad. Basically whoever hits more homers wins and it sucks.
The Dodgers hit 1 home run in 3 games against San Diego while scoring 23 runs. Sounds like a Yankees specific problem.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

elentar posted:

We are truly free now that the Yankees are dead.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Sydin posted:

I'm a sad Yankees fan, but I can respect that homer because I don't like Chapman or dumb macho poo poo like 98 MPH fastballs at someone's head.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lfg astros

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
https://twitter.com/Tuataggy/status/1314767999803547653?s=20

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I've heard that it's safe to post here again.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I feel a lot better about the Astros playing the Rays when they don't have to play a single game at the Trop.

I'm a little surprised they're playing potentially 7 straight, though, even at a neutral site. That could get brutal if there are any extra inning games in there.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I've heard that it's safe to post here again.

Cubsposting reinforcements!

Welcome back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

that's the good stuff