Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

BMan posted:

:frogsiren: Umbra Forma gift of the lotus

oh poo poo

that might be worth a thread title change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

BMan posted:

:frogsiren: Umbra Forma gift of the lotus

On login, or....?

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
defense mission alert

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Lua Eximus defense, bring your favorite warcrime frame if you wanna oneshot your daily focus cap.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh man, hildryn's pose fuckin works on nidus somehow

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Maybe it was the Vauban in my group loving things up but the Lua DEF map causes a lot of enemies to get stuck in the geometry.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

It's a lovely map.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

It’s a bad map but it’s also very susceptible to Vauban loving it up. It’s nothing compared to that new Corpus galleon def map, which I immediately quit if I see a Vauban

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
there's also a 2x affinity weekend, everyone who lurks but isn't playing

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Inzombiac posted:

Maybe it was the Vauban in my group loving things up but the Lua DEF map causes a lot of enemies to get stuck in the geometry.

On the third floor a lot of enemies just stood behind pillars instead of getting into range of my regulators (which, ok, smart)

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Anyone have a set of movement keybinds or macros with good ergonomics? Warframe movement has started to do a number on my left wrist, and I'm looking to make some adjustments to stave off actual damage.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
turning run to a toggle is the first thing I'd recommend, as someone who had a similar problem

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Kestral posted:

Anyone have a set of movement keybinds or macros with good ergonomics? Warframe movement has started to do a number on my left wrist, and I'm looking to make some adjustments to stave off actual damage.

These changes saved my pinky:

Ctrl -> Nothing
Shift -> Crouch
Spare mouse button -> Roll
Alt -> Toggle Sprint

Unfortunately toggle sprint kind of sucks, and it ruins archwing, railjack, and necramech movement, but it beats holding down shift all the time

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
A five-button mouse is a life saver.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

That's a bad Vauban, a good one keeps 2-3 vortexes in various places instead of just one in the middle. If it's done correctly all the enemies get sucked so you just have to go in a circle from vortex to vortex killing everything. Or just have a good killing frame killing everything at range from the objective.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kestral posted:

crouch: side mouse button
sprint toggle: on
melee/fire: mwheel directions

those three have saved me a lot of pain, although i've never found a comfortable spot to rebind roll to

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
instead of putting melee/fire on mousewheel why not just macro them

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It's already really nice and lazy if you have a wheel that you can toggle over to freely spinning, though macros are totally fine if you're doing it to relieve any hand stress, and for most any other reason that doesn't involve leveling something absurdly quick through an exploit.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Avynte posted:

crouch: side mouse button
sprint toggle: on
melee/fire: mwheel directions

those three have saved me a lot of pain, although i've never found a comfortable spot to rebind roll to

I put roll on C. I don't remember if it started out comfortable, but it has become so.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Malloc Voidstar posted:

i've got macros for them as well, i'm just very weird and like having three different keys for different tempos of single, casual string, and spamspamspam :derp:

Helter Skelter posted:

I put roll on C. I don't remember if it started out comfortable, but it has become so.

that's a good key for sure, sadly it got taken over by power 1 during a nidus infused binge

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I put roll on Z and I never use it over shift except in archwing when I want to dash without letting go of the afterburner.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I use hold shift for sprint, press for roll, F for slide, e for quick melee, tab for weapon swap. F for slide in particular is much more comfortable, can recommend.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
mouse 4 - crouch
shift - roll
caps lock - sprint toggle

The game actually forces you to have sprint/roll bound so I have it out of the way on =. Would greatly prefer having sprint always on by default, but just hitting caps lock once at the start of a mission is bearable.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
Abilities rebound to e q f and c. Spoiler to F3, gear wheel and some hot keys for various gear like scanners and pizza on 1-5. Sprint toggle on v, interact on MB4, melee MB5, MB1 speedmacro on a remapped DPI switch. Roll on switch, crouch on both ctrl and alt. Weapon switch on tab. Probably other stuff too that is just escaping my memory.

Estel
May 4, 2010
The only macros i use are for the Zenurik charge to create the energy regen area and to spam crouch in case i'm using Octavia or there is one in the group to get the stealth buff.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Maybe I'm just old but can't wrap my head around this. Why would you macro the fire button? What would that macro be/do?

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
I have a MB1 speedclicker macro for nonautomatic weapons, where you otherwise need to spam click to shoot it continuously. To avoid wrist strain and turning semiauto guns into machineguns with wisp and gauss.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Just caught the devstream highlights after intentionally not doing anything past the initial rank grind in deimos. Feels good to finally succeed at winning at warframe by not playing warframe. :v:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

What’d you peeps do with the umbra forma? I put mine on Ob.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

smallmouth posted:

I’ll hold onto it forever because I’m afraid of commitment.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I understand. In two years of playing WAY too much I’ve only gotten three.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

smallmouth posted:

Instead of putting it with the other 4 i'll go next level strat: just never claim it from the foundry. :colbert:

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I'm holding onto mine for Nidus Prime.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

flatluigi posted:

turning run to a toggle is the first thing I'd recommend, as someone who had a similar problem

What did you end up doing with your Crouch, Sprint/Roll, and Roll? Toggled sprint is definitely going to be a game-changer, but it necessitates moving away from using Sprint/Roll entirely and that's throwing me off hard. My brain refuses to accept movement using the right hand / mouse, unfortunately.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Wukong prime was my first use of it, decent power boost and I've been using Wukong more as a general mission speedrunner and lich killer, I'd never use it on any none-prime frame that I'd regret in the future, but besides that:

Raspberry Bang posted:

I’ll hold onto it forever because I’m afraid of commitment.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

I've used my Umbral Forma as one offs to discount Umbral Intensify on frames I like. The 8 extra capacity saves having to forma 2 other slots usually and that results in better build flexibility due to not having the slots locked to a specific polarity. Makes it real easy to swap between mobility, power min/max-ing, and extra survivability to suit the situation. Some frames have one true build and don't care about flexibility, but I have no regrets going mono umbral on Khora, Titania Prime, and Equinox Prime. Nezha Prime will get the one from the alert.

Very few frames benefit from running Umbral Fiber and the ones that do are pretty boring so I don't worry about triple umbral setups.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Umbral forma on Khora seems like a mistake because she doesn't need strength to scale her 1 at all and it does nothing for the other abilities.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

My Excal has 7 Umbral polarity slots now.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Umbral forma on Khora seems like a mistake because she doesn't need strength to scale her 1 at all and it does nothing for the other abilities.

Strength makes dome kill stuff without having to be tabbed into the game and it's fine for whip. If I was only using Khora for steel path it would be a waste, but steel path didn't exist when I put it on and even then I can easily swap to Umbral Vitality + Fiber which is semi-useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Put one on Baruuk because I love the monk.

Put my other one on Nekros because I'm super greedy and loathe to do anything without a chance at double drops