Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs Minoru Suzuki G1 Climax 10.10

They say that wrestling is a work, but at times like these I find myself doubtful.

Nthed probably would have loved it even more if I weren't so annoyed about Billy beating Taichi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Minoru Suzuki vs. Kota Ibushi, NJPW G1 Climax Night 13, 10/10

This is shaping up to be the best wrestling show of the year

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 13 - 10/10

Started slow and built and built and built and built and holy gently caress I think I about lost my mind during the back third of the match. Okada's best match of the tournament so far.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Started slow and built and built and built and built and holy gently caress I think I about lost my mind during the back third of the match. Okada's best match of the tournament so far.

:yeah:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
G1 Climax Night 13 [10/10]
MOTYC
Jeff Cobb vs Tomohiro Ishii - An absolutely sublime 15 minutes of BEEF. loving hell this was killer.
Minoru Suzuki vs Kota Ibushi - Kota Ibushi and Minoru Suzuki are two of the best on the planet and this match shows why. Casual reminder Suzuki is 52 and may very well be this good at 62 if he decides he wants to keep going.

HM
Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi - Current count of Okada's G1 matches that could have been MOTYCs that he money clipped down to HMs: 3

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

It ruled so nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura G1 Climax 10.10

C-Block always delivers.

Caught up on this and adding in a second, these Young Lions rule.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi, NJPW G1 Climax Night 13, 10/10

Holy hell what a show, A block finally delivers on its potential

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

MOTYC Votes:
10/10 | Jeff Cobb vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13
10/10 | Kota Ibushi vs. Minoru Suzuki - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13
10/10 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13

HM votes:
10/10 | Jay White vs. Yujiro Takahashi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13
10/10 | Will Ospreay vs. Taichi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13

Hell of a card

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

HM :JTG vsTrey Miguel GCW For the Culture 10-09
HM: Culture SZN (Christian Casanova and Tasha Steelz) vs. 40 Acres (PB Smooth and Tre LaMar) vs. Top Flight (Air Wolf and Angel Dorado)
HM: Pan-Afrikan World Diaspora Wrestling Championship Match: Trish Adora (c) vs. Suge D
HM: Calvin Tankman vs. O’Shay Edwards
HM: AJ Gray vs. Dezmond Xavier
MOTYC: ACH vs. Lee Moriarty
HM: 2 Cold Scorpio vs.AR Fox

show started at like 11:59 so i dunno if 10/9/20 or 10/10/20 is right

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

What date was it advertised to be happening on? That

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

KungFu Grip posted:

HM: Culture SZN (Christian Casanova and Tasha Steelz) vs. 40 Acres (PB Smooth and Tre LaMar) vs. Top Flight (Air Wolf and Angel Dorado)

Nth on all this (I had previously nthed the Suge D-Trish Adora match).

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

MOTYC Votes:
10/10 | Jeff Cobb vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13
10/10 | Kota Ibushi vs. Minoru Suzuki - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13
10/10 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13

HM votes:
10/10 | Jay White vs. Yujiro Takahashi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13
10/10 | Will Ospreay vs. Taichi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13

Hell of a card

This plus an HM for the Young Lions match. Probably the best show of the year.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

HM: Pan-Afrikan World Diaspora Wrestling Championship Match: Trish Adora (c) vs. Suge D

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi, NJPW G1 Climax Night 13, 10/10

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Taichi vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW G1 Climax Night 13, 10/10

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Minoru Suzuki vs. Kota Ibushi, NJPW G1 Climax Night 13, 10/10

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Jay White vs. Yujiro Takahashi, NJPW G1 Climax Night 13, 10/10

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura G1 Climax 10.10

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Jeff Cobb vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 13 - 10/10

NTH to all of these. Christ there is so much wrestling this weekend.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Jeff Cobb vs. Shingo Takagi, G1 Climax Night 3, 9/23

yeah I'm never getting caught up on this

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM Dark Sheik vs still life with apricots and pears gcw presents Effys big gay Bash 10/10
Hm Cassandrp vs Sonny Kiss gcw presents Effys big gay bash 1010

HMOTYC The Twink Gauntlet and Effy vs Marko Stunt

The H stands for Horny

Takuan
May 6, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

HM Dark Sheik vs still life with apricots and pears gcw presents Effys big gay Bash 10/10

The H stands for Horny

2nding all these

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Sorry I was phone typing it's supposed to be Effy's Big Gay Brunch, not bash.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

2nd these, Still Life is lookin real cool these days

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Hm Cassandro vs Sonny Kiss gcw presents Effys big gay bash 1010

The H stands for Horny

NTH

This was a really entertaining show.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

KungFu Grip posted:

The H stands for Horny

Nth. Effy/Marko was... something. I don't know if it's good but it's worth watching.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

Nth. Effy/Marko was... something. I don't know if it's good but it's worth watching.

Effy had that match planned out with Priscilla Kelly and God damnit, he wasn't changing it for anyone, especially not THE ULTIMATE TWINK

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Deathlove posted:

Effy had that match planned out with Priscilla Kelly and God damnit, he wasn't changing it for anyone, especially not THE ULTIMATE TWINK

The hilarious part is Marko is one of the people they could swap in who could make it work because of all that stuff is so on brand for him.

HM: AJ Gray vs ACH, Glory Pro: Are Ya Wrestling, Son?, 10/10
HM: Jake Something vs Manders, Glory Pro: Are Ya Wrestling, Son? 10/10
HM: The North vs Alex Zayne & Blake Christian, Glory Pro: Are Ya Wrestling, Son? 10/10

This show was carried by some really good matches and what had my attention absolutely had my attention, but there were definitely some matches that I completely zoned out of.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Its as little late bit if we are seriously counting twink gauntlet and Effy vs Marko Stunt I think HM is fine for them and not motyc.

The H still stands for horny though

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Its as little late bit if we are seriously counting twink gauntlet and Effy vs Marko Stunt I think HM is fine for them and not motyc.

The H still stands for horny though

Yeah sorry if it forces explaining the joke, but I was about to ask if you were actually making a MOTYC vote for them. I'll put you down as an HM on both of them, but others who quoted you will need to post to clarify what they're actually voting for too since I don't know if people were joking or legit making MOTYC votes.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah sorry if it forces explaining the joke, but I was about to ask if you were actually making a MOTYC vote for them. I'll put you down as an HM on both of them, but others who quoted you will need to post to clarify what they're actually voting for too since I don't know if people were joking or legit making MOTYC votes.

HM for me. Sorry for the confusion.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Unchain (Rina Yamashita & Minoru Fujita) vs. Unchain (Jun Kasai & Masashi Takeda) in a Glass Board Deathmatch - FREEDOMS 11th Anniversary (10/4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12dZ0RP0tzY

This loving owned. Easily my second favourite match this year after Naito/Okada at the Dome. Rina is the newest member of Unchain and this match is her induction. These four go loving wild rolling around in glass and yelling about how much fun they're having before they start literally trying to make each other eat glass. At the end of the match Kasai welcomes Rina to the group by saying "these days many joshi wrestlers decorate themselves in glittery costumes and nice make up. Today you've decorated yourself in blood and I think you look more beautiful than any one of them. We're so lucky to have you." then they all have a big group hug before flinging themselves into the broken glass to roll around in it a bit more. Deathmatch wrestling showing the beauty of friendship.

too bad it's nicopro quality but the match holds up

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jerusalem posted:

Put me down as HM for both Effy/Marko and the Twink Gauntlet.

Meanwhile, on Joey Janella's Spring Break Part 4 (10-10-20):

HM - Orange Cassidy vs Rickey Shane Page
HM - KTB/Shane Mercer v The Rascalz
MOTYC - Lee Moriarty v Jonathan Gresham omg

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
HM: Jonathan Gresham vs Lee Moriarty - 10/10/20 - Joey Janela Spring Break 4 - Really fun match with nothing on the line but some pride.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Put me down as HM for both Effy/Marko and the Twink Gauntlet.

HM - Orange Cassidy vs Rickey Shane Page
HM - KTB/Shane Mercer v The Rascalz

NTH. Moriarty vs Gresham was an absolute classic.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Unchain (Rina Yamashita & Minoru Fujita) vs. Unchain (Jun Kasai & Masashi Takeda) in a Glass Board Deathmatch - FREEDOMS 11th Anniversary (10/4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12dZ0RP0tzY

This loving owned. Easily my second favourite match this year after Naito/Okada at the Dome. Rina is the newest member of Unchain and this match is her induction. These four go loving wild rolling around in glass and yelling about how much fun they're having before they start literally trying to make each other eat glass. At the end of the match Kasai welcomes Rina to the group by saying "these days many joshi wrestlers decorate themselves in glittery costumes and nice make up. Today you've decorated yourself in blood and I think you look more beautiful than any one of them. We're so lucky to have you." then they all have a big group hug before flinging themselves into the broken glass to roll around in it a bit more. Deathmatch wrestling showing the beauty of friendship.

too bad it's nicopro quality but the match holds up

nth, match owns.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Suzuki vs Ibushi
MOTYC: Cobb vs Ishii
MOTYC: Shingo vs Okada

That Okada vs Shingo match was something else. Incredible selling of the Money Clip and a crowd that was on fire for it as he fought out and then passed out. Two of the best in the world doing what they do best.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

Nth, this match loving slapped and it is worth your time to go find it. If this doesn't make a final list somewhere for MOTY, it'll be a goddamned shame.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
MOTYC - Alex Shelly vs. Tony Deppen - Joey Janella Spring Break 4 - 10/10/20

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC - Alex Shelly vs. Tony Deppen - Joey Janella Spring Break 4 - 10/10/20

2nd

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

Extremely nth to this, and also Shelley/Deppen. What a card.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
MOTYC - ACH vs. Lio Rush - JJSB4 - 10/10/20- Wow goddamn. These 2 looked like they had so much fun. After their 2019's they loving deserved this.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC - ACH vs. Lio Rush - JJSB4 - 10/10/20- Wow goddamn. These 2 looked like they had so much fun. After their 2019's they loving deserved this.

Nth. They could have just done that match in WWE! But no. No.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Nth, both these guys needed to have a great match and they overdelivered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

Nth. This show has blown me away. I wasn't expecting it to be this good.