Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm currently on this is depressing-I'm jobless mode so I have nothing to show off.

Same!

:hfive:

My pile is mostly stuff I've been meaning to reread for years. But I'm not home, so I can't snap a photo.

My bedside has my copy of the Complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (read two of the books and put it down in like February), the latest Wondermark collection (read a couple pages at a time when I remember, I've been forgetting for a few months now), and all twelve issues of Visions 2020 that I haven't put away (they predicted hermetically sealed cities to avoid infectious diseases and a government controlled by the religious right restricting LGBTQ+ and abortion rights!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Vince MechMahon posted:

I did take 300 down, so now I've got just this.

I covet that Ringu collection. I don't really have the living space to start collecting blu-rays alongside everything else. :retrogames:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JordanKai posted:

I covet that Ringu collection. I don't really have the living space to start collecting blu-rays alongside everything else. :retrogames:

I never wanted to dive down the physical media hole again but my wife has been building a decent BR/DVD collection so I just suggest something and she buys it.

I will likely never watch any of them but it will be nice to have in the event we ever tire of the streaming wars.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
My neighborhood lost internet last week and I was able to watch shows off my media server while my buddy was watching Blu-rays. It's important to have an emergency media stash. I got my comic collection, Avengers on DVD, and the Josie and the Pussycats soundtrack on vinyl in addition to the beans and rice and cans of soup.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Vince MechMahon posted:

Oh, drat, I am real jealous of that Tsukamoto collection. And the new Friday the 13th collection, though at least with that I have them already. And your Criterion collection.

Does that Ringu collection not have Rasen? The old collection I have does. I'd show off my stacks, but my room's a mess and I'd have to carefully frame the shot to avoid showing that off.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

How Wonderful! posted:

Right now the stuff to-hand is mostly catalogues of paintings because they help me when I'm stressed and things adjacent to essays I'm writing.

Hot drat I'm envious of your folklore/magic books, they look good as hell.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

catlord posted:

Oh, drat, I am real jealous of that Tsukamoto collection. And the new Friday the 13th collection, though at least with that I have them already. And your Criterion collection.

Does that Ringu collection not have Rasen? The old collection I have does. I'd show off my stacks, but my room's a mess and I'd have to carefully frame the shot to avoid showing that off.

Rasen is a bonus feature on the Ring 2 disc.

This is just what I currently have in my bedroom, everything else lives in a closet downstairs.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

cptn_dr posted:

Hot drat I'm envious of your folklore/magic books, they look good as hell.

Thank you, I have a bunch more but they were at my office on campus until very recently and now they're just in a cardboard box. There was a window of like two years or so where I was pretty committed to writing my dissertation on Renaissance magic before my department underwent some really big changes, but now I'm focused a lot more on North American popular occultism and folk magic, which is awesome because I can totally stop even pretending to be good at Latin and Greek.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Vince MechMahon posted:

Rasen is a bonus feature on the Ring 2 disc.

This is just what I currently have in my bedroom, everything else lives in a closet downstairs.

Ah, that makes sense.

I snapped a quick pic (apologies for the quality, it's an old camera and I don't have a better one, and please ignore some of the mess).

I've gotten lazy about organising them, I should take the time to do it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Physical media people, I'm trying to find new homes for a bunch of DVDs, in the off chance anyone is interested:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Collection (seasons 1-7 box set) (complete series)
Angel seasons 1-5 box set (complete series)
Justified seasons 1-6 box set (complete series)
Firefly season 1 and Serenity
Venture Bros. seasons 1 and 2
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
Goodfellas (special edition)
The Long Kiss Goodnight

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Physical media people, I'm trying to find new homes for a bunch of DVDs, in the off chance anyone is interested:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Collection (seasons 1-7 box set) (complete series)
The Long Kiss Goodnight

How much for The Long Kiss Goodnight?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Agent Rush posted:

How much for The Long Kiss Goodnight?

Is $10 shipped within the U.S. acceptable? I could mail it tomorrow!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We should relocate the sales posts and try to get back on track, I apologize for starting yet another derail.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

We should relocate the sales posts and try to get back on track, I apologize for starting yet another derail.

poo poo, I didn't even realize what thread we were in when I posted that!

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Where's the sales thread?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I think normally SA-Mart is the place to do those but I have also, I think, seen people organizing sales and trades in places like the action figure thread and maybe selling trades in the chat thread? I will look into it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The Long Kiss Goodnight

Which versions of Buffy and Angel? Like can you post a pic of those sets so I can see which version it is?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Or make a SA Mart topic on it?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

Which versions of Buffy and Angel? Like can you post a pic of those sets so I can see which version it is?

IUG posted:

Or make a SA Mart topic on it?

I have an SA-Mart thread, with photos of the sets. Please check it out!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881694

How Wonderful!, that's the last I'll talk about selling stuff in here, I promise.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

gently caress yeah Sword of Doom

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sheraz...sh=50fe04c2518f

Fisher went into detail on why he felt the need to retract the statement, citing how fabricated talking points were distributed to the cast of heaping praise on Whedon as Snyder’s replacement.

“For one thing, the cast and crew were told that Zack had handpicked Joss to finish the film for him. I didn’t find out until after the reshoots that that was a complete lie.” Fisher began. “I heard whispers and rumblings of things being off behind the scenes, but nothing concrete until much later. They had us go out to San Diego Comic-Con in 2017 and say Zack picked Joss and that Joss was a great guy. I still have the email with those talking points.”

After Zack Snyder left Justice League’s production in early 2017 following a family tragedy, Warner Bros. Pictures brought in Joss Whedon to conduct reshoots that heavily altered the original film. The cast of the film was taken aback by the things that happened in Snyder’s absence. Yet, the cast was not aware of how bad things were about to get.

“You’ve got to understand, Zack stepped away to be with his family, and we wanted to give him space to do that,” Fisher said. “He and I didn’t speak for about a year after he left.”

Fisher went on to explain how the abusive and unprofessional atmosphere was cultivated behind closed doors even before Snyder departed the project.

“Prior to Justice League’s reshoot process, blatantly racist conversations were had and entertained—on multiple occasions—by former and current top level executives at Warner Bros. Pictures,” Fisher stated. “Decision-makers that participated in those racist conversations were Geoff Johns, Jon Berg, and current Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairman Toby Emmerich.” Emmerich, Berg, and Johns did not immediately respond for comment.

“I realized that the notes I ended up getting from Johns during reshoots were just a coded version of the racist things he was saying with behind closed doors with the other execs,” Fisher alleged.

“A lot of what these guys were doing was in an effort to prevent themselves from being fired during AT&T’s merger with Time Warner,” Fisher pointed out to Forbes. “I plan getting much more specific about each of these guys after the investigation is over—this interview is just the abridged version,” Fisher further clarified.

While Fisher was already aware of the alleged whitewashing, he didn't become aware of these racist conversations until after he started speaking out.

“These conversations were reported to me by people in the room. And I wasn’t made aware until AFTER I had already spoken out about Joss Whedon.”

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

It's heartwrenching hearing about all the muck Ray Fisher had to go through (or didn't have to go through, considering how much of it went on behind his back). It must take a lot of courage for someone to out all of that dirty laundry, but I'm glad he's doing it.

And regarding the lie that Snyder hand-picked Joss Whedon for the reshoots, weren't we told the same thing? I recall hearing that Snyder had given Whedon his blessing to finish JL for him, but I could be wrong on that.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

JordanKai posted:

It's heartwrenching hearing about all the muck Ray Fisher had to go through (or didn't have to go through, considering how much of it went on behind his back). It must take a lot of courage for someone to out all of that dirty laundry, but I'm glad he's doing it.

And regarding the lie that Snyder hand-picked Joss Whedon for the reshoots, weren't we told the same thing? I recall hearing that Snyder had given Whedon his blessing to finish JL for him, but I could be wrong on that.

That's what WB was saying, yes. They were lying.

Zack himself said he didn't talk to WB at all about his replacement, nor did they reach out to him to talk about it.

He still hasn't seen the theatrical version.
And when he was asked if he was going to use any of Whedon's footage he said "I would rather burn it all down than use a single frame i didn't shoot".

I think that says it all about his feelings on the topic

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Fisher is the only reason I'm not cheering for this thing to fail.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Yeah, Zack's referred to the selection of Whedon as a "committee" choice and clearly has no love for him.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

There was a light bit of twitter sparring (liking tweets critical of each other) around the time of release if I recall.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Soonmot posted:

Fisher is the only reason I'm not cheering for this thing to fail.

If it does well it’d be nice for Snyder to have the clout to take down Geoff Johns.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 1, 2020

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Nucleic Acids posted:

If it does it’d be nice for Snyder to have the clout to take down Geoff Johns.

If Fisher and Snyder officially put his and Whedons careers in coffins I'll watch Zachs fuckin Rand movie. I won't pay for it but I'll watch it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Vince MechMahon posted:

If Fisher and Snyder officially put his and Whedons careers in coffins I'll watch Zachs fuckin Rand movie. I won't pay for it but I'll watch it.

Same on both counts.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

:hai:

I don't know if anything can kill Whedon's career if all the abuse allegations couldn't do it, though.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well, he hasn't really done anything since then has he?
Pretty sure it's dead and buried at this point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He has a new show debuting next year.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

He has a new show debuting next year.

is it about skinny girls who kick people

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Clipperton posted:

is it about skinny girls who kick people

Probably

IMDB posted:

An epic tale following a gang of Victorian women who find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies, and a mission that might change the world.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Probably

Wow he can't even *try* to do something besides his fetish, can he?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ImpAtom posted:

I mean, imagine bringing in Joss Whedon for a pitch meeting and he wants to do something like This Is Us, or a reality cooking show or something?

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Skwirl posted:

Probably

every word of this concept fills me with bone deep exhaustion

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Skwirl posted:

Probably
Karate Dr Who.

The Victorian women use modern slang and one of them has a Cockney accent. There will be a joke about "a *proper* lady would never!" and the retort will be some "nothing ladylike about me, luv" STRONG FEMALE PROTAGONIST poo poo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

He's gotta find young starlets to sleep with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw some poo poo in a fb group that he's allegedly been tapped to rework the Buffy reboot as well.