Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Just wanted to pop in and say:

I WANT MY COWBOY TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Just wanted to pop in and say:

I WANT MY COWBOY TV

Freaking THIS

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Who Parted?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The new theme song for With Gourley And Rust is amazing.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Scott & Shaun Diston's TMNT podcast has been a good listen, definitely worth throwing down $5 for all the episodes that have come out so far. This week's with PFT covering the recent Michael Bay reboot was particularly funny.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Jokymi posted:

Scott & Shaun Diston's TMNT podcast has been a good listen, definitely worth throwing down $5 for all the episodes that have come out so far. This week's with PFT covering the recent Michael Bay reboot was particularly funny.

Co-signed! It has been a great experience, they've got some good guests and it's worth the money.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Scott should have to go back and reevaluate the original film in comparison to the rest.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
co co signed on the Diston podcast. well worth the $5.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Franchescanado posted:

The new theme song for With Gourley And Rust is amazing.

It's very good. I wish they'd do a townland album.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

It's very good. I wish they'd do a townland album.

It's interesting how comedians usually make bad musicians, but I love Don't Stop or We'll Die and would also get an album of Gourley's music. Two good songwriters with an ear for production on one podcast.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Listening to the Sudden Death episode made me finally subscribe to the Action Boyz. Why is the Timecop episode almost 500 MB?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GoutPatrol posted:

Listening to the Sudden Death episode made me finally subscribe to the Action Boyz. Why is the Timecop episode almost 500 MB?

It's like a 3.5 hour episode. And I don't know how their producer compresses episodes or whatever.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
At some point Action Boyz will just be a continuous livestream and I will welcome it with zero reservations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I can't believe the two Scotts got George Harrison as a guest, what a great pull!

Also I really want to hear remixes of every song with Adam's "yeah!" in the background at random quiet parts.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If I've learned anything from Talkin Talking Heads, it's that George Harrison is apparently my favorite person from Talking Heads. Just seems like a wonderful dude with a great sense of humor.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

If I've learned anything from Talkin Talking Heads, it's that George Harrison is apparently my favorite person from Talking Heads. Just seems like a wonderful dude with a great sense of humor.

yeah he's great, I was surprised to hear that they turned down doing Live-Aid but he's right, they would have killed.

I hope they also start going in to things like Mr. Byrne's solo albums after Talking Heads -- he's put out some interesting stuff.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

piratepilates posted:

yeah he's great, I was surprised to hear that they turned down doing Live-Aid but he's right, they would have killed.

I hope they also start going in to things like Mr. Byrne's solo albums after Talking Heads -- he's put out some interesting stuff.

here lies love is one of my favorite albums

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Franchescanado posted:

This show made me reappraise Bono and turn against Mr. Burns, who seems to be a big jerk all the time.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

here lies love is one of my favorite albums

oh what the gently caress, mr burns and fatboy slim? I hadn't even heard of that 🤔. I'll have to check that out.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

piratepilates posted:

oh what the gently caress, mr burns and fatboy slim? I hadn't even heard of that 🤔. I'll have to check that out.

its a huge album so some tracks miss but the ones that hit are strong as gravity

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

piratepilates posted:

I can't believe the two Scotts got George Harrison as a guest, what a great pull!

Totally went over my head (don’t really know much about TH). I was sure that this would be “George Harrison” in the same way they would have “John Lennon“. After a few minutes of it being played completely straight, and in an American accent I had to recheck the podcast description. D’oh.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Tawny Newsome and Bethany Thomas' album is apparently out:

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1314626078221058049

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does anyone have the Quip up the butt hollywood handbook ad? I cannot remember which episode it was and wanted to hear it again

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Does anyone have the Quip up the butt hollywood handbook ad? I cannot remember which episode it was and wanted to hear it again

I know this is an earnest request but I can't help but feel somewhat disgusted.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I could have sworn I had it in my youtube liked videos but I actually had this different removed ad (also good)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAuslmoEdVs

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

piratepilates posted:

Tawny Newsome and Bethany Thomas' album is apparently out:

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1314626078221058049

...is that cover art supposed to be good or ironic

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

EmotionlessThug posted:

I could have sworn I had it in my youtube liked videos but I actually had this different removed ad (also good)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAuslmoEdVs

Haha I did not remember this. The fake diamond one was so good

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hot dang! A new Bonusnanas for Bonusnanza on the feed. What a wonderful Monday morning surprise. Sounds like it may be the beginning of season 2?

e: Yup! Looks like it is season 2. The Stitcher feed doesn't have the actual new episode up yet, but my PocketCasts feed does.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 12, 2020

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I wonder why Gourley and Rust couldn't get the Myers episodes off Stitcher.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
This week's Double Threat was incredible, one of the funniest things I've heard in awhile.

It's kind of hard to describe what was so good about it (the majority of the episode involved them dictating an email to send to the PR department of a flour company), but I'd really recommend giving it a listen if you're not regularly listening to the podcast.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Haley Joel Osment also an instant classic Hollywood Handbook this week

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh my god sean's energy

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

eke out posted:

Haley Joel Olive
I knew he'd be a good fit as soon as I saw his name in the title. He should definitely return for more business ideas.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

oh my god sean's energy

sean absolutely killed it

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Just a heads up, I just got my Stitcher premium account auto-renewed without my authorization, despite turning off auto-renewals and deleting my credit card information. My account settings explicitly say I'm not a current premium subscriber and it has no credit card on file, but this apparently wasn't enough because I still got billed 35 bucks. I'm now disputing this with my bank.

What a miserable service, Stitcher and Sirius XM deserve to be with each other.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Carl Tart's announcement on todays Flagrant Ones is some devastating news.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Carl Tart's announcement on todays Flagrant Ones is some devastating news.

what is it

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Brace yourself.

He's a Celtics fan now.

Poor guy.

:negative:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

Brace yourself.

He's a Celtics fan now.

Poor guy.

:negative:

Ah gently caress, I wish it were cancer :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

moot the hopple posted:

Just a heads up, I just got my Stitcher premium account auto-renewed without my authorization, despite turning off auto-renewals and deleting my credit card information. My account settings explicitly say I'm not a current premium subscriber and it has no credit card on file, but this apparently wasn't enough because I still got billed 35 bucks. I'm now disputing this with my bank.

What a miserable service, Stitcher and Sirius XM deserve to be with each other.

I had forgotten to turn off the auto renewal for my annual subscription back in August and it's very cool that they don't send you an email or anything to let you know they've charged you

I don't really listen to the pro version any more and now that Gourley/Rust are on Patreon I'm pretty much only using it for Bonanas for Bonanza