Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

CelestialScribe posted:

gently caress Dan Andrews. gently caress his contact tracing team. gently caress these ridiculous rules.

I'm consistently breaking the 5km limit rule and I'm encouraging others to do the same.

We obeyed the rules for months, the Government not only caused the second wave, but they haven't invested in contact tracing. If they're not going to do their part, I'm not going to do mine.

I'm not going to put people at risk but I'm going for long drives to take my son to parks, and to secluded reserves where we can meet with friends while remaining socially distant, while wearing masks, etc. gently caress Dan Andrews, gently caress Labor, gently caress this administration for fumbling their loving responsibilities.

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

CelestialScribe posted:

The 2nd wave occurred because security guards were not trained properly and there was not a system in place to prevent their own personal mistakes (yes, flagrant restriction breaking) from threatening the community.

That is Dan Andrews' failure, and his failure alone. And if it was a Liberal government you would say the same thing.

So you recognise that flagrant rule breaking allowed breaches in security to lead to widespread community transmission.

You appear to have little confidence in the competence of the State Government (and thus their ability to prevent future breaches)

And your solution is to encourage flagrant rule breaking, so that when an apparently inevitable breach occurs it will result in more widespread community transmission

You are a stunningly intelligent person.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Replaced with whom? How you voting next election, or i guess Vic has council stuff going on so in that?

Neoliberalism caused this - the problem is the gov doesn't do things itself anymore.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

CelestialScribe posted:

The 2nd wave occurred because security guards were not trained properly and there was not a system in place to prevent their own personal mistakes (yes, flagrant restriction breaking) from threatening the community.

That is Dan Andrews' failure, and his failure alone. And if it was a Liberal government you would say the same thing.

Dan was the trainer in charge of all security guards, right, gotcha.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

There have been big failings by this Government's handling of COVID-19 right up to the Premier

The current leadership of this Government are in a better place to lead us out of this than any of the alternatives, either within or outside the Victorian labor party.

These aren't mutually exclusive.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

CelestialScribe posted:

And what about everyone in the community after those initial mistakes - was everyone following the rules perfectly?

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

So you recognise that flagrant rule breaking allowed breaches in security to lead to widespread community transmission.

You appear to have little confidence in the competence of the State Government (and thus their ability to prevent future breaches)

And your solution is to encourage flagrant rule breaking, so that when an apparently inevitable breach occurs it will result in more widespread community transmission

You are a stunningly intelligent person.

The Government hasn't lived up to its end of the bargain. So I refuse to live under their rules.

Solemn Sloth posted:

There have been big failings by this Government's handling of COVID-19 right up to the Premier

The current leadership of this Government are in a better place to lead us out of this than any of the alternatives, either within or outside the Victorian labor party.

These aren't mutually exclusive.

Bullshit.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Dan was the trainer in charge of all security guards, right, gotcha.

Leaders are responsible for the mistakes that happen under their watch. This is leadership 101.

He is responsible for ensuring a system was in place to minimise personal mistakes. He didn't do that. That is a failure of leadership.

Amoeba102 posted:

Replaced with whom? How you voting next election, or i guess Vic has council stuff going on so in that?

Neoliberalism caused this - the problem is the gov doesn't do things itself anymore.

I vote for Greens.

Periphery posted:

And what about everyone in the community after those initial mistakes - was everyone following the rules perfectly?

No. It's almost as if the contact tracing in place should consider that people aren't going to get everything 100% right.

The boot-licking in here is amazing.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

CelestialScribe posted:

The Government hasn't lived up to its end of the bargain. So I refuse to live under their rules.

do you follow this credo in other aspects of your life?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Join the discord CS

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

BBJoey posted:

Do you live in Melbourne?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

CelestialScribe posted:

You best take your copy of the Magna Carta with you to avoid a fine

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

CelestialScribe posted:

nope

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This reads like "government decisions have never really affected my life in an easily discernible way until now, and all of a sudden I have strong opinions on their decision making process and feel they should be held to account for every consequence, whether it could have been predicted or not, or if any other government would have done any better"

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Then I don't really give a gently caress what you think.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

CelestialScribe posted:

Nojoe-ys

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

EoinCannon posted:

This reads like "government decisions have never really affected my life in an easily discernible way until now, and all of a sudden I have strong opinions on their decision making process and feel they should be held to account for every consequence, whether it could have been predicted or not, or if any other government would have done any better"

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

CelestialScribe posted:

(I live in Melbourne, and for the record am a registered health practitioner. I think you're acting very stupidly about this topic.)

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

CelestialScribe posted:

I vote for Greens.

And your lower preferences?

I guess what I'm getting at is it Dan, the current government or VicLab/Lab in general that has lost your confidence so to speak.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

(I live in Melbourne, and for the record am a registered health practitioner. I think you're acting very stupidly about this topic.)

Good for you?

Amoeba102 posted:

And your lower preferences?

I guess what I'm getting at is it Dan, the current government or VicLab/Lab in general that has lost your confidence so to speak.

Both. I won't vote Labor in Victoria again. I'll vote them above Liberals but I'll never vote 1 for Labor.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

CelestialScribe posted:

I lived in Melbourne for a few years and voted there a couple times

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

BBJoey posted:

The more pressing question is whether or not he owns a wheelbarrow.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
You're right, everyone.

Dan Andrews is a fantastic leader.

He did nothing wrong.

Everything that's gone wrong is not the Government's fault.

Let's just shut up and endure the worst loving lockdown in the world right now.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

You're right, everyone.

Dan Andrews is a fantastic leader.

He did nothing wrong.

Everything that's gone wrong is not the Government's fault.

Let's just shut up and endure the worst loving lockdown in the world right now.

If you think that's what people in this thread are saying to you you're a complete dumbass

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

CelestialScribe posted:

Thanks for ruining peoples legitimate points and frustrations by taking a massive poo poo on the thread you loving rear end in a top hat

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wanna live in one of countries that didn't do a lockdown, they seem pretty cool.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

CelestialScribe posted:

No. It's almost as if the contact tracing in place should consider that people aren't going to get everything 100% right.

How well does contract tracing work if people break the rules?

Also, nowhere have I said that the Government doesn't hold some responsibility for the situation. There's just plenty of people who take no responsibility for the way their actions effect the situation and then blame to government for the outcome.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

CelestialScribe posted:

i haven't told you what i think, though. i asked a question

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has revealed explosive details of her private life to the corruption watchdog, revealing she was in a close relationship with disgraced former MP Daryl Maguire.

In a stunning revelation, Ms Berejiklian has told the Independent Commission Against Corruption on Monday that she and Mr Maguire, who was forced to quit Parliament amid corruption allegations, were in a "close personal relationship" from "around the 2015 state election".

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I wanna live in one of countries that didn't do a lockdown, they seem pretty cool.

Same but ironically

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

CelestialScribe posted:

Both. I won't vote Labor in Victoria again. I'll vote them above Liberals but I'll never vote 1 for Labor.

Yeah, but who votes Labor 1 anyway? Did you before? Probably not.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tommunist posted:

Same but ironically

wish they'd lockdown your posts

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BBJoey posted:

wish they'd lockdown your posts

Mods?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Throwing my durry butts out the car window to protest the poor management of roadside brush management by the council and the defunding of the rfs

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Rule breaking caused the lockdown and continuing transmission.

Therefore I am going to break the rules and assume that this will somehow end the lockdown and continuing transmission.

I am very smart and moral.

Tommunist posted:

100% this. I'm absolutely furious at the way state + federal governments have dealt with the pandemic.

I havnt seen my friends or had a meaningful human interaction in 6 months, my career i worked 5 years to build is dead and im going to have to go back to study (my courses were canceled this semester already lmao). I'm basically broke and living at my parents and im almost 30 while the government winds back pandemic support. Like no poo poo its important to beat this pandemic but it doesn't make mine (and im not doing it nearly as bad as a bunch of other people) or a ton of other peoples situation any easier.

I havnt broken restrictions because its not worth it but I feel utterly betrayed and let down.

This loving sucks Tommo, and I'm sorry. I wish the government was doing more to support people.

EDIT: Letting so many people fall through the safety net is the real failure of the government. Because that's entirely within their control and decision making ability.

hooman fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 12, 2020

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Putting rubbish in the yellow bin because I'm angry at beurocrats and have a hosed idea of what "defiance" means

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 12, 2020

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Actively encouraging my friends to poo poo all over public toilets because the government were unable to stop people from making GBS threads all over public toilets.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Overlapping bubbles beyond medical recommendations, potentially causing the deaths of dozens or hundreds, to own the LABs.

UrbanLabyrinth fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 12, 2020

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Imagine rooting a bloke named Daryl

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Braithwaite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

CelestialScribe posted:

gently caress Dan Andrews. gently caress his contact tracing team. gently caress these ridiculous rules.

I'm consistently breaking the 5km limit rule and I'm encouraging others to do the same.

We obeyed the rules for months, the Government not only caused the second wave, but they haven't invested in contact tracing. If they're not going to do their part, I'm not going to do mine.

I'm not going to put people at risk but I'm going for long drives to take my son to parks, and to secluded reserves where we can meet with friends while remaining socially distant, while wearing masks, etc. gently caress Dan Andrews, gently caress Labor, gently caress this administration for fumbling their loving responsibilities.

nice meltdown