Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

A Real Horse posted:

Didn't Rybaxel have an extremely pleasant break up for a tag team? I seem to recall it was just them chatting in the locker room saying "Man it's been fun, time to go our separate ways. Good luck!"

Yup! Very wholesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Megabyte Ronnie is getting into it on Twitter with Janela, I don't really know the context but it looks like he's admonishing him for riling up indie talent to go to a show that isn't a guarantee they'll be on the show? There's a couple posts in this thread but it sounds like Joey also deleted whatever he initially tweeted.

https://twitter.com/MegabyteRonnie/status/1315414293492400128

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

amd in reply

https://twitter.com/MegabyteRonnie/status/1315414293492400128

he goes on for like 10 more replies but here's the most important one

https://twitter.com/MegabyteRonnie/status/1315414300756971520

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 12, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I kinda get what they're both saying but they're also both being kinda assholes.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Ryback’s best moment was when Heyman gave him a kiss on the cheek and he had the happiest look on his face afterwards. Also please call him is proper name “The Ryback”

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I’m guessing Ronnie was responding to this:

https://twitter.com/janelababy/status/1315152607158185984?s=21

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Seams posted:

The Ryback’s best moment was when Heyman gave him a kiss on the cheek and he had the happiest look on his face afterwards. Also please call him is proper name “The Ryback”

It always made me think of a Muppet laughing with the grin and the turning of the head which makes it even more amusing to me.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

"Just spend your very limited income to fly out during a pandemic to maybe get booked that's how you earn it :)" is some brass ring horseshit

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

"Just spend your very limited income to fly out during a pandemic to maybe get booked that's how you earn it :)" is some brass ring horseshit

That’s not even close to what Joey said in the slightest. Megabyte Ronnie is crap in the ring and Janella has done more for the independent scene than most people in wrestling.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I hated Megabyte Ronnie's hotdog bit and don't understand what anyone sees in that guy, I think his brush with fame has gone to his head quick as gently caress.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

I hated Megabyte Ronnie's hotdog bit and don't understand what anyone sees in that guy, I think his brush with fame has gone to his head quick as gently caress.

Did you see him eat those two cakes?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kinda seems like a misunderstanding made worse by both sides being asses about it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Kinda seems like a misunderstanding made worse by both sides being asses about it.

I mean Joey was getting attacked for no reason by a guy who’s gimmick is that he eats hot dogs.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

The_Rob posted:

That’s not even close to what Joey said in the slightest. Megabyte Ronnie is crap in the ring and Janella has done more for the independent scene than most people in wrestling.

I dunno poo poo about either guy, but it seems very clear to me he's encouraging people to stop messaging him about bookings and follow in Juicy's example of flying out without a booking as "earning" it? Like I dunno how else you read that. :confused:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah both people come across as assholes in this argument but I'm more willing to side with Janela considering I didn't know who Megabyte Ronnie was before he ate some cakes on BTE and a hotdog on TV the internet.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Why can’t people work this poo poo out in person or over DMS smdh

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Did you see him eat those two cakes?

I know it's a completely subjective personal preference but I find competitive eating to be incredibly revolting. Ronnie should go to NXT, Vince would love it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I dunno poo poo about either guy, but it seems very clear to me he's encouraging people to stop messaging him about bookings and follow in Juicy's example of flying out without a booking as "earning" it? Like I dunno how else you read that. :confused:

I mean, presumably not everyone that was booked did that. It sounds like he's just saying to stop DMing him about getting booked because if he wanted you on the show he'd contact you.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

He’s saying that instead of just pestering him to get booked to just do something. What that entails is entirely up to them. I think Joey was just feeling good that a cool dude got over in a big way and was humble about it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gumball Gumption posted:

Seems to be this, Ronnie’s read of the original tweet is the least charitable possible interpretation of Janela praising that other guy.

We’re also less than three days out from Janela getting into it with Ethan Page on Twitter over the Collective trading cards, so it’s not like he’s known for handling conflict well on Twitter.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Pylons posted:

I mean, presumably not everyone that was booked did that. It sounds like he's just saying to stop DMing him about getting booked because if he wanted you on the show he'd contact you.

The_Rob posted:

He’s saying that instead of just pestering him to get booked to just do something. What that entails is entirely up to them. I think Joey was just feeling good that a cool dude got over in a big way and was humble about it.

I guess that's a way more charitable read. "Just earn it" and pointing at something that's really irresponsible for most people and sets a bad precedent for doing business seems pretty understandable to get pissed about, though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Seams posted:

Why can’t people work this poo poo out in person or over DMS smdh

It's always worth repeating that wrestlers are incredibly dumb people

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
What is The Collective some new faction

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bloodbath posted:

What is The Collective some new faction

It’s unique shows you wouldn’t normally see, and they take place under the GCW umbrella without them having to be official GCW shows.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

I know it's a completely subjective personal preference but I find competitive eating to be incredibly revolting. Ronnie should go to NXT, Vince would love it.

Now we're talking. With Thanksgiving (USA) around the corner we will have a dude barfing turkey on the go home show to roadblock chamber or whatever

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Anyone getting mad at Ronnie being pissed this is a bootlicker.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Nuh uh you're the boot licker. lol

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

It's just so god drat messy. Ronnie takes the worst interpretation of Joey's message possible despite Joey's implication that getting a bunch of people saying "yeah this guy is good you should book him" probably helped more than just being in the ring crew. Then Joey snaps back with a really lovely snarky tweet and almost immediately deletes it. Just log off or take that poo poo to DMs.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

beggar posted:

Goldberg Rules

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Akileese posted:

It's just so god drat messy. Ronnie takes the worst interpretation of Joey's message possible despite Joey's implication that getting a bunch of people saying "yeah this guy is good you should book him" probably helped more than just being in the ring crew. Then Joey snaps back with a really lovely snarky tweet and almost immediately deletes it. Just log off or take that poo poo to DMs.

But who the gently caress is megabyte Ronnie to call anyone out.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Eat My Fuc posted:

I agree. That thing with the cakes made me gag and I never need to see him do it again

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah Janella took it personal and went with a lovely attack about steroids that had nothing to do with the issue at hand

Either way they should have had that conversation privately and it sucks if this blows Ronnie's chances in AEW

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The_Rob posted:

But who the gently caress is megabyte Ronnie to call anyone out.

A worker in the industry who is calling out a lovely tweet about lovely work practices. This is what I meant by the boot licker thing, by the way. Go kiss your boss, dude.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Indie wrestling fatcat Joey Janela.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Pylons posted:

Indie wrestling fatcat Joey Janela.

Yeah notorious boot licker Joey Janella.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The_Rob posted:

they're all saying it rob, lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Whos kissing bosses

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I never said Joey was one. He made a dumbass tweet that was very easy to take the wrong way then doubled down. He's just being an rear end in a top hat. But anyone who thinks Ronnie is the bad guy here is, in fact, a bootlicker, because they think his anger was wrong when it was not. It was a bad tweet. Saying he doesn't get a voice in the industry he works in cause he's not rich and famous is some hardcore bootlicker poo poo, especially.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't think Joey makes a lot of money from SB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Joey Janela was tweeting blue lives matter poo poo when NXT on USA was just a twinkle in Trips’s eye, so yeah, he sucks the whole boot