Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Gladys' getting in trouble for her WAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Mattjpwns posted:

nice lockdown

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Mattjpwns posted:

nice meltdown
But is it the quality of pre lockdown meltdowns? And if not then is Dan Andrews really at fault?

At least Queensland has got contact tracing right,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-12/mongols-bikie-shane-bowden-shot-dead-gold-coast-covid-19/12753224

Hugh White thinks Australia can defend itself,

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/hugh-white-australia-indonesia/12753340

CN died when the car he was driving hit a power pole and burst into flames. He was intoxicated, driving at speeds of 171km/h on a 60km/h road in central Alice Springs in an attempt to evade police, who had tried to flag him down a few minutes earlier but were not in pursuit. His sister-in-law KT was also killed in the crash and three other passengers were injured. The coroner said the incident raised concerns that some drivers were becoming more bold because police had ceased to pursue cars that were driving in a particularly risky manner.

ISSUES RAISED
Injured in custody.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Icac has heard that Maguire told Berejiklian if the “Badgerys Creek stuff” was done, he’d have enough money to pay off his debts.

Maguire also intimated that his financial position would be a factor in his decision to resign.

We’ve just heard a phone tap between Berejiklian and Maguire.

Maguire tells Berejiklian:

William tells me we’ve done our deal, so hopefully that’s about half of all that gone.

Berejiklian says:

I don’t need to know about that bit.

Maguire says:

No you don’t. You do not. Anyway so it’s all good news, we’re moving ahead.

Berejiklian is asked by Icac counsel assisting Scott Robertson why she had said that she didn’t “need to know about that bit”.

She is asked whether she was trying to limit her exposure to details of his dealings. Berejiklian said if she had felt there was “wrongdoing on the part of Mr Maguire” she would have reported it.

If i did regard anything as a concern, I would have reported it or dealt with, and I want to make that very clear.

:fork:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Who fucken’ tonight?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Berijiklian wildly corrupt: *snoring noises*
Andrews has bad security guards: *enraged screams*

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

hooman posted:

EDIT: Letting so many people fall through the safety net is the real failure of the government. Because that's entirely within their control and decision making ability.

Exactly.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

hooman posted:

My son doesn't live in NSW therefore...

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

do you live in NSW?

then I don't give a gently caress what you think

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

CelestialScribe posted:

gently caress Dan Andrews. gently caress his contact tracing team. gently caress these ridiculous rules.

I'm consistently breaking the 5km limit rule and I'm encouraging others to do the same.

We obeyed the rules for months, the Government not only caused the second wave, but they haven't invested in contact tracing. If they're not going to do their part, I'm not going to do mine.

I'm not going to put people at risk but I'm going for long drives to take my son to parks, and to secluded reserves where we can meet with friends while remaining socially distant, while wearing masks, etc. gently caress Dan Andrews, gently caress Labor, gently caress this administration for fumbling their loving responsibilities.

You are a stupid and selfish oval office

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So this icac stuff is also to do with paying 30 mil for land worth 3 mil, right? Pity icac can't nab the feds involved.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CelestialScribe posted:

gently caress Dan Andrews. gently caress his contact tracing team. gently caress these ridiculous rules.

I'm consistently breaking the 5km limit rule and I'm encouraging others to do the same.

We obeyed the rules for months, the Government not only caused the second wave, but they haven't invested in contact tracing. If they're not going to do their part, I'm not going to do mine.

I'm not going to put people at risk but I'm going for long drives to take my son to parks, and to secluded reserves where we can meet with friends while remaining socially distant, while wearing masks, etc. gently caress Dan Andrews, gently caress Labor, gently caress this administration for fumbling their loving responsibilities.

Your kid is going to get Covid because you're too loving stupid to see three feet in front of your face.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/nicky_retro/status/1315438261989371904?s=19

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CelestialScribe posted:

Do you live in Melbourne?

Yes

I haven't been as badly affected as you, but I haven't seen my family or friends for months and lost a full time job opportunity, I'm lucky that I can make money as a freelancer.
As people keep saying, you and others have legitimate anger but it's like being angry cos a cyclone came through.
I'm not convinced another hypothetical Victorian government would have done any better, turns out tiny mistakes and random chance can have huge consequences in this kind of thing.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Is this going to have any effect on Berejiklian? Didn't fatty o'barrel get sacked over a bottle of wine

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I reckon when all this started Dan hosed up with the F1 and stuff but I've been generally happy with his handling of the second wave lockdown. It hasn't been perfect but also they didn't have the benefit of hindsight. I'd rather be in lockdown for months and have less than 15 cases a day, than end up with a 8,000 case a day situation like Belgium

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bell jar posted:

I reckon when all this started Dan hosed up with the F1 and stuff but I've been generally happy with his handling of the second wave lockdown. It hasn't been perfect but also they didn't have the benefit of hindsight. I'd rather be in lockdown for months and have less than 15 cases a day, than end up with a 8,000 case a day situation like Belgium

Yeah, Europe is a cautionary tale for us in real time right now

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Amoeba102 posted:

So this icac stuff is also to do with paying 30 mil for land worth 3 mil, right? Pity icac can't nab the feds involved.

Nothing to do with the 30mil for 3mil worth of land - the icac stuff is to do with former NSW MP Daryl Maguire allegedly selling access and influence.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

drat, thought the mention of badgerys meant it was going to go wider. Because that was certain grift.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

CelestialScribe posted:

You're right, everyone.

Dan Andrews is a fantastic leader.

He did nothing wrong.

Everything that's gone wrong is not the Government's fault.

Let's just shut up and endure the worst loving lockdown in the world right now.

Sir this a McDonald's Drive Thru outside your 5km radius.

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
Bye bye Gladys, Gladys bye bye :wave:

Jerk Burger
Jul 4, 2003

King of the Monkeys

NPR Journalizard posted:

Dan was the trainer in charge of all security guards, right, gotcha.

Dan also told vicpol to refuse to do it, and he smells

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We're gonna see victorians run screaming down the streets naked

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

EoinCannon posted:

Yeah, Europe is a cautionary tale for us in real time right now

I think you will find other countries do not exist; in fact, nowhere exists outside of Victoria and the Model Coronavirus Response State New South Wales, where everyone is still working from home and small businesses in and around the CBD are going bankrupt

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

bell jar posted:

Is this going to have any effect on Berejiklian? Didn't fatty o'barrel get sacked over a bottle of wine

o'farrell resigned of his own accord after misleading icac by failing to mention a gifted wine bottle and this seems like it could be significantly more damning than that

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

CelestialScribe posted:

You're right, everyone.

Dan Andrews is a fantastic leader.

He did nothing wrong.

Everything that's gone wrong is not the Government's fault.

Let's just shut up and endure the worst loving lockdown in the world right now.

:qq:

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i'm not sure cs gets that being incredibly selfish is a bad thing

he comes off as someone who's not fully aware that other people are real. like intellectually he understands it, he just doesn't get it. so being told that his experiences aren't the only objective truth by which all human existence should be governed just confuses him, because he's the centre of the universe

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

fauna posted:

he comes off as someone who's not fully aware that other people are real. like intellectually he understands it, he just doesn't get it. so being told that his experiences aren't the only objective truth by which all human existence should be governed just confuses him, because he's the centre of the universe

the best way to deal with a solipsist is to smack them in the face

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

“Bozo” is an under appreciated insult imo. No offense to the og bozo, dude just came up with a great name for calling clowns.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Just casually breaking epidemic lockdown in a city that holds one fifth of the population of the entire country dont mind me, my kid wants to go to the playground with the flying fox.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

the best way to deal with a solipsist is to smack them in the face

This is only a treatment, not a cure. One per day is the generally accepted minimum dose.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
CelestialScribe is such an unfathomably bad poster that he has drawn me back to this thread much like how the light of Primus lures Orion Pax to the Matrix of Leadership. Just having a hearty lol at him thinking he's the only person to be inconvenienced by Covid when I pause five minutes and think about everything that my family and I have gone through.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Anyway

Healthy young scribe goes to Herald Sun, gets pumped with massive shot of many op eds, doesn't feel good and changes - DICTATOR DAN ANDREWS. Many such cases!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Anyway

Healthy young scribe goes to Herald Sun, gets pumped with massive shot of many op eds, doesn't feel good and changes - DICTATOR DAN ANDREWS. Many such cases!

Behead those who insult Dandrews

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

freebooter posted:

I think you will find other countries do not exist; in fact, nowhere exists outside of Victoria and the Model Coronavirus Response State New South Wales, where everyone is still working from home and small businesses in and around the CBD are going bankrupt

Does that make Queensland somewhere used to scare the younglings?

"Eat your brussel sprouts or you'll be shipped off to QUEENSLAND, where the nasty Premier is mean and nasty and won't open the Borders!, and you'll be stuck watching your curtains fade because of daylight savings!"

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003
The main issue with Victoria's response right now is the rebuild of its centralised and under-resourced health response/contact tracing systems. Lockdowns were very effective but at this point the difference between 3 cases or 15 cases basically comes down to whether 1 person out of 5 million makes a bad decision that day and goes to work with a sore throat.

Rolling out the new Salesforce software, getting the decentralised hubs in place, as well as stricter hospital infection control will get Vic closer to NSWs ability to keep society open while the virus still potentially circulates. You barely hear a word about this though because all the media focuses on is 'who hired the security guards' and they have largely ignored other really important factors that will allow Melbourne to reopen. I'm generally supportive of Dan but the media are doing Melbourne a huge disservice by not digging deeper in to the broader health response.

I'm guessing next weekend they'll announce something like 10km travel bubble and up to 10 people meeting outdoors and that's as far as they will go until they can crack 1-2 weeks of low single digits.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol, love it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fauna posted:

pretty much

sadly, a lot of australians are the same way

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Australia has huge problems and these problems are a big part of why the lockdowns are affecting so many people so horribly and people like celestial scribe are unironically the primary cause of those problems, which is why it's so hilarious and frustrating to see a conditioned solipsist/narcissist crybaby like him complain about having to temporarily suffer a tiny fraction of all the horrible injustices that he and people like him have created

You're a miserable sack of poo poo CS and you embody everything that the society the rest of us are trying to build is trying to make extinct :) you're the social equivalent of sustained, cyclical, intergenerational abuse and gaslighting, and the sooner you and your ilk fade from this earth, the better! Hooray! Only the real question is whether we really can be rid of you and your disgusting selfish egocentric spoiled child ideology, or whether that's just a fundamental part of the human experience, like some sort of lovely tower of Babel that's designed to keep humans in the dirt

Either way, at the 6 week mark I still got no sense of smell and my sense of taste is still at like 30%, although my heart is doing much better. Good morning goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sulla Faex posted:

Either way, at the 6 week mark I still got no sense of smell and my sense of taste is still at like 30%, although my heart is doing much better. Good morning goons

I'm glad you're doing better. It's from a different cause (like 8 years of chemo lmao) but the taste/smell thing..sucks. It really does. I try to get around it with lots of spicy stuff, hot sauces, nice curries etc. It's never quite the same but..it's something at least.