Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Share houses etc where you're living with other people but you have no real relationship etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

I want metro Melbourne to continue to suffer while I, in regional Victoria (lol 45min to Melb cbd), go to the beach and restaurants and the pub.

Have you been to the beach hambeet

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

Tommunist posted:

Share houses etc where you're living with other people but you have no real relationship etc.

I'm confused, sorry, are you saying that the rules surrounding share houses with <2 occupants are unclear or in need of correction?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

hambeet posted:

I want metro Melbourne to continue to suffer

not related to covid, i just think they could use taking down a peg or two.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

hambeet posted:

I want metro Melbourne to continue to suffer while I, in regional Victoria (lol 45min to Melb cbd), go to the beach and restaurants and the pub.

but really you went in a bin, allegedly looking for burgs

allegedly

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Sierra Madre posted:

I'm confused, sorry, are you saying that the rules surrounding share houses with <2 occupants are unclear or in need of correction?

The rules taround 2 household bubbles for the next stage massively disadvantage people living in share houses/room mate situations.

I've also had friends who don't qualify for the singles rule but don't have any real human contact because they live in a share house situation where they're not on good terms/friendly with other house mates.

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

Tommunist posted:

The rules taround 2 household bubbles for the next stage massively disadvantage people living in share houses/room mate situations.

Understood, sorry about that. I almost misread that as 'its too unsafe the housemates need to draw lots and the losers can go wherever they want, they just can't stay there.'

Yeah, there's a presumption in the rules that one household = one family, but that's not reasonable for when you have people unconnected by family still sharing a residence.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

Have you been to the beach hambeet

yes

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

not related to covid, i just think they could use taking down a peg or two.

i've been hearing that a lot lately.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

but really you went in a bin, allegedly looking for burgs

allegedly

can neither c/d

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1302611893689835522

Melbourne will have to endure a 112 day lockdown for 661 deaths - which is terrible and a sign of how badly they are handing things - while Italy had a mere 58 days of lockdown and 35,524 deaths and even London had just 104 days of lockdown and 41,549 people die. Obviously the Labor government are nazis and in the pockets of big lockdown.

This is the thing that always comes up - he's making an argument that Melbourne shouldn't be locked down so harshly or for so long because there weren't that many deaths comparatively. But, it's like saying we did too good. "Why did we go to all that effort when nothing bad happened" so to speak. That don't recognise the causality of the statements. Like how we did good stimulus and avoided the harshest parts of the GFC, so idiots just go on about it being wasted money.

Besides, it's garbage stats in that snippet. London has only had 6,885 deaths, the 42k is UK wide. London was at 4.3K per million infected, which is lower than the rate for England or the UK on a whole (9.7K and 9K respectively). Victoria is at 3k per million, no melbourne only stats on hand, but that's 3 times the national rate. So Victoria should have long harsh lockdowns because they are kinda close to London levels of infections, but also maybe way harsher and longer lockdowns because relatively, they are the main problem in the country here.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
'No Way To Prevent This', Says Man In Only State Where This Is Happening

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Does the M in Ken M stand for Morrison?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Carnaticum posted:

Does the M in Ken M stand for Morrison?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_M

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

CelestialScribe posted:

Before the 5km lockdown was in place and during the relaxed May and June restrictions you weren’t staying 5km within your house so spare me the loving high and mighty act.

I was, because the only reasons we were legally allowed to leave our houses were to shop for food or medicine, exercise, see a GP or work. Anybody working from home in the metropolitan area can absolutely do all of those things within a 5km radius.

The reason "I'm just standing in a park, I don't even have COVID anyway" is not an excuse to break the rules is because if all five million people in Melbourne had that attitude, cases would start rising very quickly. It's the same reason fishing regulations are in place even though one individual taking home a few extra abalone "won't make a difference;" the same reason that no matter how experienced and responsible a camper you are, you still can't have a campfire in the middle of summer because if 100,000 people have a campfire, the likelihood of a single mistake or accident which starts a bushfire grows enormously.

But you have clearly demonstrated in your childish tantrums that you are incapable of viewing this situation with any sense of civic duty, responsibility or obligation to the people around you.

Tommunist posted:

FWIW i feel like the way social bubble rules have been set up leave alot to be desired. Thinking around things in terms of household units punishes people who arnt in a family set up or for wholm the family set up isnt anywhere close to ideal.

I think a huge part of it this is that the political class and the public service are mostly staffed by middle-aged, middle-class bureaucrats for whom the concept of a sharehouse doesn't really enter into their thinking. Some of them might have done a stretch of it in their uni days or whatever, but many wouldn't realise that in 2020 a huge amount of Australians in their 20s - maybe a majority in Sydney and Melbourne - share houses with people off Gumtree. (See also: "you can prove your address with a utility bill.")

But also it's just sort of unavoidable. A household is a joint living space, whether it's full of strangers or family members; one person exposing themselves to COVID risk exposes the whole household to COVID risk.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

freebooter posted:

I was, because the only reasons we were legally allowed to leave our houses were to shop for food or medicine, exercise, see a GP or work. Anybody working from home in the metropolitan area can absolutely do all of those things within a 5km radius.

The reason "I'm just standing in a park, I don't even have COVID anyway" is not an excuse to break the rules is because if all five million people in Melbourne had that attitude, cases would start rising very quickly. It's the same reason fishing regulations are in place even though one individual taking home a few extra abalone "won't make a difference;" the same reason that no matter how experienced and responsible a camper you are, you still can't have a campfire in the middle of summer because if 100,000 people have a campfire, the likelihood of a single mistake or accident which starts a bushfire grows enormously.

But you have clearly demonstrated in your childish tantrums that you are incapable of viewing this situation with any sense of civic duty, responsibility or obligation to the people around you.

I think a huge part of it this is that the political class and the public service are mostly staffed by middle-aged, middle-class bureaucrats for whom the concept of a sharehouse doesn't really enter into their thinking. Some of them might have done a stretch of it in their uni days or whatever, but many wouldn't realise that in 2020 a huge amount of Australians in their 20s - maybe a majority in Sydney and Melbourne - share houses with people off Gumtree. (See also: "you can prove your address with a utility bill.")

But also it's just sort of unavoidable. A household is a joint living space, whether it's full of strangers or family members; one person exposing themselves to COVID risk exposes the whole household to COVID risk.

I assume you’re against the intimate partner rule, then?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

freebooter posted:

Im unconvinced that in a reality where the state government recognises and allows for intimate partners and single house holds that they can't also recognise non nuclear family households at a future point in time.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

The intimate partner rule slots under the definition of care. Without it, a lot of single people would be completely alone.

You literally had a huffy childish tantrum a few pages ago about how because Dan Andrews screwed up hotel quarantine you aren't going to abide by the restrictions - sulky behaviour I would expect from a 10-year-old, not a parent. You do not get to pretend to be a logical voice of reason.

edit - to be clear this was aimed at our resident epidemiological expert, not Tommunist

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

CelestialScribe posted:

I assume you’re against the intimate partner rule, then?

You said this to me too and I have no idea what your going on about and that you seem to pull this out like your undeniable I gocha moment

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

freebooter posted:

The intimate partner rule slots under the definition of care. Without it, a lot of single people would be completely alone.

So? It’s still risking spreading the virus. If you care so much about restricting the spread, you should at least be consistent.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Stevefin posted:

You said this to me too and I have no idea what your going on about and that you seem to pull this out like your undeniable I gocha moment

If the state government is going to allow strangers to hook up, it shouldn’t restrict people from going outside their 5km limit either to visit a park. These rules aren’t based on any health advice, they’re based on making it easier for police to fine people.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Ken M is a well known internet troll and I was making a cheap joke about how the "gag comments" posted in his screenshot I posted are remarkably similar to the "serious policy" of the Australian Federal Government.

Please be nice to me.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

CelestialScribe posted:

If the state government is going to allow strangers to hook up, it shouldn’t restrict people from going outside their 5km limit either to visit a park. These rules aren’t based on any health advice, they’re based on making it easier for police to fine people.

Abstinence-only sex education pls

e: :cumpolice:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

CelestialScribe posted:

If the state government is going to allow strangers to hook up,

Does the intimate partners rule actually work like this?

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Tommunist posted:

Does the intimate partners rule actually work like this?

100% yes.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

nocturama posted:

it is extraordinarily telling that you've told him to go gently caress himself

I don’t know what this means so carry on

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

sometimes people just need to gently caress

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Tokamak posted:

sometimes people just need to gently caress

But enough about Gladys

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

CelestialScribe posted:

lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Here's something almost as coherent as CS' uh, "argument".

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I wish CelestialScribe had a 5km limit around their posts.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

What's the go with the RC into News Corp? If we get 'x' signatures there is a mandate to get anything done?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Budzilla posted:

What's the go with the RC into News Corp? If we get 'x' signatures there is a mandate to get anything done?

there's no requirement for parliament to look at it no matter how many signatures it gets

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Shame really.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sulla flex, grind your mushrooms in a blender and put them into gel caps. That's how I buy them, easy to dose 1g = 1 cap.

No taste but the burps are a bit off. Gives me the grumbles too.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Except for the guy that got fined doing what you think is legal and the fact that cops fact check stuff like providing your partner's DOB. Shut the gently caress up about going to restaurants and visit a park within 5kms you whiny loving wanker.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Laserface posted:

Sulla flex, grind your mushrooms in a blender and put them into gel caps. That's how I buy them, easy to dose 1g = 1 cap.

No taste but the burps are a bit off. Gives me the grumbles too.

Like 10 years ago when I was growing them I was doing this too but I was broke so the capping thing I got was cheap and I would always get some of the fine powder on the outside of the caps, which just hits your tastebuds immediately and in such a worse, worse way. Plus I thought 00 capsules were like 0.5-0.65g? So for like 3.5g (to 4.55g?) I remember I'd take like 7 capsules.. what size capsules are we talking here that you can get 1g in them?

It's definitely not such a big deal, one way or another those suckers are going down, but the developed gag reflex was brutal and so I was thinking it'd be a nice little silver lining to this whole not being able to really smell or taste thing

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

JBP posted:

Except for the guy that got fined doing what you think is legal and the fact that cops fact check stuff like providing your partner's DOB. Shut the gently caress up about going to restaurants and visit a park within 5kms you whiny loving wanker.

1. The vast majority of cops do not ask that and 2. I don’t give a poo poo about going to a restaurant

The boot licking in this thread is insane. When the 5km limit is listed on Sunday the back flipping will be crazy.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

CelestialScribe posted:

1. The vast majority of cops do not ask that and 2. I don’t give a poo poo about going to a restaurant

The boot licking in this thread is insane. When the 5km limit is listed on Sunday the back flipping will be crazy.

Why don’t they ask when you just said all they care about is fining people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CelestialScribe posted:

Tbh I'm ok with licking epidemiologist boot right now