Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Moola posted:

My favourite gear effects are stuff like "6.3% chance to boost your damage when you crit a ranged attack on an enemy in the air"

Like the smallest chance for an effect to happen, and when it does it's barely noticeable lol

Yeah the damage buff is far from "barely noticable". It's a 60% damage increase and 35% extra crit chance. A lot of the endgame builds rely on keeping it up as much as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

RatHat posted:

Yeah the damage buff is far from "barely noticable". It's a 60% damage increase and 35% extra crit chance. A lot of the endgame builds rely on keeping it up as much as possible.

Where do you even find this out?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Moola posted:

Where do you even find this out?

Not anywhere ingame, that's for sure. It's from people testing. There's a LOT of broken poo poo in this game. Skills that don't work, skills that do something different than the description, gear perks that don't work, ect.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 7, 2020

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
It would be really nice if there was some start teaching in this game. I have no idea how many more Challenge III War Zones I need to complete for the trophy, same with Hives.

Also, those data cube things oughta drop a lot more frequently.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

RatHat posted:

Not anywhere ingame, that's for sure. It's from people testing. There's a LOT of broken poo poo in this game. Skills that don't work, skills that do something different than the description, gear perks that don't work, ect.

Yeah ikr I've noticed some of this too

Also I keep getting combo or specific attack challenges that sometimes don't complete when they should. I still really like the combat in this game but holy poo poo the systems around it are broken af

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Moola posted:

My favourite gear effects are stuff like "6.3% chance to boost your damage when you crit a ranged attack on an enemy in the air"

Like the smallest chance for an effect to happen, and when it does it's barely noticeable lol

Ruffian Price posted:

and then you still end up worrying "this new one has higher stats but only a 5.2% chance to boost your damage when you crit a ranged attack on an enemy in the air, I'll keep both for now :ohdear:"

:same:

I had a Pym something-or-other equipped on Thor forever and it's shrunk a guy exactly once. Then I get something that's different, but not really better, so I keep it in the stash just in case, just to disassemble everything 30 minutes later. There's almost never a clear cut "better" option for current gear.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I figured out what the gaas updates are: elevator banter. I swear I'm hearing exchanges in these hive elevators that I haven't heard before.

Still get Hulk longing for pillowtop beds once every hive, though.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Moola posted:

Yeah ikr I've noticed some of this too

Also I keep getting combo or specific attack challenges that sometimes don't complete when they should. I still really like the combat in this game but holy poo poo the systems around it are broken af

I'm still wondering what constitutes defeating and enemy. Is it last hit? Most damage dealt? Any damage at all? If it's last hit, then Hulk chucking rocks and the Exos I'm trying to kill in daily challenges is all kinds of bullshit.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

GlenMR posted:

I'm still wondering what constitutes defeating and enemy. Is it last hit? Most damage dealt? Any damage at all? If it's last hit, then Hulk chucking rocks and the Exos I'm trying to kill in daily challenges is all kinds of bullshit.

Someone on Reddit tested this, and...It is, in fact, who gets the last hit. Which is complete bullshit, since the AI will steal kills from you all the time.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
ALL 'defeated by' should change to 'hit by'

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I have a Complete Villian Sector weekly that didnt count any of the 3 villian sectors I did, which is cool

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Moola posted:

I have a Complete Villian Sector weekly that didnt count any of the 3 villian sectors I did, which is cool

Yeah I think that one is just broken.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

every single HARM training module I've had to restart because at the beginning, the enemy that is supposed to train me in Perfect Dodge will stay still and never attack LOL. There were 2 story missions I had to "restart at checkpoint" as well because events never activated to continue the mission. Did anyone loving test this game?

Also is it just me or do the AI companions you bring for missions not get any experience? Is it really only the player-controlled character that gets XP???

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

Also is it just me or do the AI companions you bring for missions not get any experience? Is it really only the player-controlled character that gets XP???

correct

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Having AI not gain exp or items when they're bots wouldn't be a problem.... if the match making loving worked at all

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://kotaku.com/crystal-dynamics-claims-relief-in-sight-for-bored-aveng-1845317433

'hey guys new stuff coming soon we promise!'

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Lesson learned: Never buy an ICR-pimped game, ever.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

a mysterious cloak posted:

I mean marvel heroes was one of the roughest games ever at launch coming from someone who played beta and maxed out characters at start. Not that I’m saying this game will rise to the same levels of janky greatness (it probably won’t) but it’s possible

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I got got on anthem, division 2, and now this. Division 2 I enjoyed but evening counting that we’re in “shame on me” territory.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I’m willing to cut some slack on this because it’s been only one month and we’re still in a pandemic. But on the other hand I’ve barely played these last two weeks and don’t have much desire too.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm quietly loling that the devs break glass in case of emergency plan is to add not one... but TWO hawkeyes lol

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Moola posted:

I'm quietly loling that the devs break glass in case of emergency plan is to add not one... but TWO hawkeyes lol
Yeah, we really don't need Clint if we're getting Kate.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I don't really regret my purchase, I went in expecting Anthem and got a pretty great campaign out of it that lasted me like 30 hours.

I won't mind reinstalling every time there's a big ole content update though, are the new characters supposed to come with new levels too?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Deakul posted:

I don't really regret my purchase, I went in expecting Anthem and got a pretty great campaign out of it that lasted me like 30 hours.

I won't mind reinstalling every time there's a big ole content update though, are the new characters supposed to come with new levels too?

Kate and Clint will at least come with new story missions. I would assume that each character they add would have that. They haven't really said what new content comes with each, but Black Panther will come with a Wakanda map, I'm pretty sure.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Codependent Poster posted:

They haven't really said what new content comes with each, but Black Panther will come with a Wakanda map, I'm pretty sure.

This is the problem, really, in my mind. I enjoyed the campaign immensely, and have fun with the game enough that I don't mind waiting for content drops at all, but it's the uncertainty and lack of information that frustrates me. I know Hawkeye-Kate is this month sometime, and maybe she'll come with new story or something, and Hawk-Guy Clint is next month probably and we assume this and are pretty sure about that. It's very frustrating.

Is this normal for one of these forever-games? I've never played Destiny or Anthem or anything with this model, really. I'm more familiar with the dlc season pass model.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Zutaten posted:

Is this normal for one of these forever-games? I've never played Destiny or Anthem or anything with this model, really. I'm more familiar with the dlc season pass model.

The big problem with these games is that it takes orders of magnitude more time/effort to create/test/release content than it takes to finish playing it.

Unless you use artificial time locks, which players hate, no matter how much you release a good portion of your player base will finish it in less than a week and complain.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
having better loot, more distinct characters, and more characters would have gone a long way. Look at loving diablo and how much longevity those games got with just a handful of character classes.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The first character being two Hawkeyes is incredible.

Did Square/Crystal Dynamics get this game because of the prior Disney partnership with Kingdom hearts? Because who's bright idea was it to give to them?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

drat! Yeah, the curse lives on sadly. I’m hoping something coming in the next 6 months is a rockstar game...

Fingers crossed. GaaS are always scary territory and it’s really showing a lot lately with this genre. :(

(Outriders is what I’m watching closely next if you all want to go ahead and save your money or join me in this wild ride!)

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
You'll get em next time, ice man

Meantime if anybody needs me I'll be leveling my wolverine skin in fortnite to get the rainbow foil colors because it's the closest thing I'll ever see to a cosmic again

Hit me when this adds wolverine

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm imagining wolverine slicing an aimbot like 20 before it dies and that makes me sad

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I'm the best at what I do to enemies sufficiently lower level than me, bub.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I mean hulk and thor should be smooshing dudes as well. If the game wasn't so focused on dodging they should just x10 the dudes and make them 1/10ths as powerful

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Noted all-time classic Mr Gaz's Marble Herpes absolutely nailed the feeling of effortlessly mowing through hordes of henchmen and I miss it :(

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

I mean hulk and thor should be smooshing dudes as well. If the game wasn't so focused on dodging they should just x10 the dudes and make them 1/10ths as powerful

hulk should be functionally downable (I get that it's called 'willpower' but that's a sidestep), should ~1 hit kill/KO everything but the kree at campaign's end or abomination, and every time he gets hit he should get a flat infinitely stackable damage buff that lasts as long as there's any enemies alive in the room.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

ketchup vs catsup posted:

hulk should be functionally downable (I get that it's called 'willpower' but that's a sidestep), should ~1 hit kill/KO everything but the kree at campaign's end or abomination, and every time he gets hit he should get a flat infinitely stackable damage buff that lasts as long as there's any enemies alive in the room.

However, you actually play as Banner who plays like a much weaker much slower Cap, and can only 'Hulk out' when you build a rage bar. You build the rage bar any time you get stunned and the accelerometer in your controller registers that you've smashed it against the table.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Deakul posted:

I don't really regret my purchase, I went in expecting Anthem

Someone get this poster some help, bah gawd

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

No, NO! The loving lesson is stay the gently caress away from Live Services okay, it's the kiss of loving death for any video game.

They all suck in one way or another, no matter what.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

RagnarokZ posted:

No, NO! The loving lesson is stay the gently caress away from Live Services okay, it's the kiss of loving death for any video game.

They all suck in one way or another, no matter what.

Path of Exile is a GaaS which seems to be doing it right. It's also one of the least offensive freemium games out there. Playing pretty princess dress up is expensive, but all you need to play properly are a few tab upgrades which come to less than a new game anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It being made by square/ crystal Dynamics was the real red flag. They've never made a game like this or like what ww would actually call fun.