Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
op i have never heard of immersive mode before thank you for teaching me about my telephone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

crepeface posted:

android 11 removed the ability to set global immersive mode goddd why do they keep making it worse

afaik it was never officially supported to begin with and had to be done via adb commands or an app that would do that for you

maybe one of the old system ui tuners had a toggle for the status bar idk but it seems like turning on gestures is full screen enough for a global immersive mode to be mostly redundant?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i want to read all your beautiful posts in full screen mode

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

crepeface posted:

why do they keep making it worse

gotta keep up with the competition

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

crepeface posted:

i want to read all your beautiful posts in full screen mode

well you still can do that as awful.apk has an immersive option

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
exciting new android ransomware, because of course that's a thing

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the most surprising thing about that is that it was found out about through microsoft defender for android. so antivirus for mobile is now not a pure joke.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
or it is, but it's also the only thing doing app analytics that isn't used exclusively for advertising

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

android lol

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

LastInLine posted:

thank u i actually had no idea

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
android 11 completely hosed my workout app so now I am using a notes app to record my workouts like i'm in 2005

other than that it works extremely well!

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
not like anyone at google has ever testedthe work out app

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

LastInLine posted:

it appears that enabling this feature disables the bottom nav bar so you cannot navigate pages on threads or forums.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

crepeface posted:

it appears that enabling this feature disables the bottom nav bar so you cannot navigate pages on threads or forums.

not for me

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

wow, that’s what the android app looks like. looks like poo poo.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Last Chance posted:

wow, that’s what the android app looks like. looks like poo poo.

i seem to remember the ios app looking absolutely terrible esp. in comparison to the android one but was unable to verify. i tried to search the ios app store from a browser but it seems apple hasnt implemented a working search feature yet as a search for "awful" returned only ten results none of which were the app in question (or even apps at all) and eight of which did not contain the word awful so im guessing it was just a judgement on its content

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

you couldn’t figure out how to download an app lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

LastInLine posted:

i seem to remember the ios app looking absolutely terrible esp. in comparison to the android one but was unable to verify. i tried to search the ios app store from a browser but it seems apple hasnt implemented a working search feature yet as a search for "awful" returned only ten results none of which were the app in question (or even apps at all) and eight of which did not contain the word awful so im guessing it was just a judgement on its content

sorry i didn't make it look exactly to your taste dude? we're all working with spare time over here

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

don't take it personally, it's not as if you could make a beautiful android app

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

well i work on the ios one

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

carry on then posted:

well i work on the ios one

did you apply for an arm development machine to test the app on Apple silicon? I can’t wait to use the app on the desktop.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

The Management posted:

did you apply for an arm development machine to test the app on Apple silicon? I can’t wait to use the app on the desktop.

if you're genuinely curious, go ask pokeyman, he's the steward and by far the biggest contributor

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the ios awful app is one of the best apps on the app store, for real. and has been a staple for me since i was using my og ipad 1. 2nd place is tiny wings.app

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

seroiusly, thank you for making an app that WORKS GREAT and is BEAUTIFUL.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

LastInLine posted:

not for me

the bar is there for me too, but it just doesn't work!

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
surprisingly given their names, both awful apps are :discourse:

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Last Chance posted:

the ios awful app is one of the best apps on the app store, for real. and has been a staple for me since i was using my og ipad 1. 2nd place is tiny wings.app

ehh it would be better if the header and footer disappeared while scrolling

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

carry on then posted:

sorry i didn't make it look exactly to your taste dude? we're all working with spare time over here

like i said i still havent seen a modern screenshot of it maybe it looks fine now :shrug:

what i remember seemed really busy with bad iconography but then ios is all about bad iconography so its probably just in line with the platform

crepeface posted:

the bar is there for me too, but it just doesn't work!

it is broken but if you swipe up to bring up the controls it works while theyre in view. idk if in three button mode those buttons cover the apps navbar but in gesture mode swipe up then tap and it works

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

LastInLine posted:

it is broken but if you swipe up to bring up the controls it works while theyre in view. idk if in three button mode those buttons cover the apps navbar but in gesture mode swipe up then tap and it works

ah yeah, this works. i got used to my old immersive mode leaving the gesture bar up.

edit: spoke too soon, it sometimes doesn't work until i 'alt-tab' lol

crepeface fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 12, 2020

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the one thing i really miss on the ios app vs the apk is choosing my page post count size but i admit the problem might just be that I’m an idiot and haven’t found the setting

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
look at the size of that android lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E1gEApdpOY

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Last Chance posted:

seroiusly, thank you for making an app that WORKS GREAT and is BEAUTIFUL.

legitimately agree; its the quickest patched, consistently good, and maintained app i have had on several phones now. heck it even get features i didnt know i needed but gladly use instantly, like tossing a post draft instead of deleting manually

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

LastInLine posted:

like i said i still havent seen a modern screenshot of it maybe it looks fine now :shrug:

its pretty lean and clean now; the second is a thread view with previously read posts at the top and an unread after

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Agile Vector posted:

its pretty lean and clean now; the second is a thread view with previously read posts at the top and an unread after

yeah thats not what i was thinking of at all that looks p. good

i could definitely do without the thread tag and rating and the bottom menu but thats personal bias and not bad design. i prefer the apk look on the whole although ill concede the theme clashing with the yospos theme isnt great in my screenshot

what does the hamburger mean in the thread view?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it’s a hamburger menu

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The Management posted:

it’s a hamburger menu

:rimshot:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill