Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News: Alex Smith played a game as quarterback in 2020.

Views: he earned every drat penny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
lets all agree to refer to Michael Thomas as slant boy from now on

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1315073932408565760

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Did Lady G actually blow him while he was at it?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Did Lady G actually blow him while he was at it?

I thought you were talking about Lady Gaga and I was outraged

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Keep politics out of here thanks

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
News: Josh Jacobs
Views: Owns
https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1315380032949358593
https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1315377754364235777

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

Ok every comment on Facebook about “quitting this team”

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nothing gets SC voters fired up like gamecock legend Herschel walker.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blank apologizing for the Quinn firing taking so long

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Keith Atherton posted:

Shut up and post

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Keith Atherton posted:

settle down please Mr Spanfeller

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Athletes: Breonna Taylor was murdered by the police.

poo poo heads: man what’s with all the politics

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So is Daks injury less or more severe than your standard ACL tear? Just for reference because you can set your watch by the recovery time for an ACL whereas ankles might be trickier.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Keith Atherton posted:

Awww is the snowflake upset about his safe space?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is Daks injury less or more severe than your standard ACL tear? Just for reference because you can set your watch by the recovery time for an ACL whereas ankles might be trickier.

Well...he broke his ankle and had the bone stick out of his skin and I think it took Alex Smith like 2 years to recover for a similar injury?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Standard ACL is see one, do one, teach one.

Tons of problems with the ankle. It's a generally very strong joint, so any dislocation/break involves damage to the structures that make it that way. You also worry about the blood flow and nerves to the foot that might get damaged. Blood flow you can tell right away (foot doesn't have a pulse) but nerve damage you won't know about until he starts rehab.

And that's before we talk about the skin puncture. God knows what could have gotten into the wound. Generally with a dislocation like that you wait a little while for the swelling to go down. Due to the skin puncture, they had to go in right away and clean it out. So on top of the ankle healing and everything being alright, you're just crossing your fingers he didn't get an infection to boot.

amazing

https://twitter.com/OnePantherPlace/status/1315624902515453953?s=20

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 12, 2020

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Gatts posted:

Well...he broke his ankle and had the bone stick out of his skin and I think it took Alex Smith like 2 years to recover for a similar injury?

I believe Alex Smith had a spiral fracture also, which is significantly more complicated to fix than a standard break. I haven't seen anything to indicate that's the case with Dak, but it's possible they just haven't said yet.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jivesauce posted:

I believe Alex Smith had a spiral fracture also, which is significantly more complicated to fix than a standard break. I haven't seen anything to indicate that's the case with Dak, but it's possible they just haven't said yet.

Ankle won't break like that because it's an articular joint. Only long bones can really spiral fracture like that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1315649484102291460?s=21

Well at least you don’t risk him winning a bunch of games and warranting an extension.

At the end of his bucs run the only reason he wasn’t fired was because they wouldn’t have enough coaches to run practice.

The last month of that season players were just coming in and playing call of duty lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Raheem the dream getting another shot! He definitely was no where close to being ready to be a HC when the Bucs hired him. That was such an odd timeline.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I for one hope Raheem uses this time to show that he belongs as an NFL head coach because right now there's...

(Checks notes)

…four minority head coaches.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Android Apocalypse posted:

I for one hope Raheem uses this time to show that he belongs as an NFL head coach because right now there's...

(Checks notes)

…four minority head coaches.

And 2 are interim???

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

R.D. Mangles posted:

disappointed there is no longer an nfl coach whose name i automatically associate with a deranged Internet Person because of online poisoning

MAN THAT JOHN GRUDEN. I TELL YOU WHAT, HERE'S A GUY THAT POSTS. ALWAYS ON THE FORUMS 24/7, HE'S WHAT I CALL A REAL GRINDER

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/scottpioli51/status/1315453058864873472

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Ankle won't break like that because it's an articular joint. Only long bones can really spiral fracture like that.

sure, I guess I was just trying to say that, from what we know, this isn't really similar to Alex Smith's injury

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jivesauce posted:

sure, I guess I was just trying to say that, from what we know, this isn't really similar to Alex Smith's injury

Oh yeah for sure.

also I don’t remember Alex smiths being an open fracture. I just thought one of the redskins surgeons accidentally spit chewing tobacco into the wound or something.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I totally missed that Dungy said last night that Dak's injury might be a blessing in disguise. Nice...

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
NFLPA failed by not getting rid of the franchise tag.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

wandler20 posted:

They didn’t get anything.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

wandler20 posted:

NFLPA failed by not getting rid of the draft

Yep

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They didn’t get anything.

:owned:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

wandler20 posted:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Lifespan posted:

I totally missed that Dungy said last night that Dak's injury might be a blessing in disguise. Nice...
a blessing in disguise for andey who will win cpoty

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://twitter.com/kingjosiah54/status/1315285495178387456?s=10

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30100296/washington-qb-kyle-allen-remain-starter-healthy

quote:

Allen was cleared to return in the second half Sunday, but Rivera opted to stick with Alex Smith because of an "abundance of caution." He did not want to risk Allen getting hurt worse.

Putting in Alex Smith in 2020 (in his first game back) because you're concerned about someone getting hurt :thunk:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I mean he was cleared to be on the GameDay roster I assume they wouldn't do that unless they were pretty sure he was good to go

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30100296/washington-qb-kyle-allen-remain-starter-healthy

Putting in Alex Smith in 2020 (in his first game back) because you're concerned about someone getting hurt :thunk:

Yeah Rivera sucks, OP. Also they're lying about Allen he was loving knocked out cold.

Also gotta be CPOTY right?

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsHQ/status/1315696871768305665?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Comeback from what exactly?

He was a backup last year who went 5-1 while posting great numbers.

Perhaps, MVP is the award you're looking for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I was honestly surprised the Saints let him go, he seemed like he'd be a solid successor to Brees, but I guess there's limits to even the Saints' cap bullshit.