Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

zzzzzzzzz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

You know what? Agreed. Let's talk about good things instead.
Hades. The video game. It's very good. Am I the only one playing it here?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Hades is almost as good as the NBA

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I smoked a pork butt today.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ChrisBTY posted:

Jesus loving Christ the Knicks. How do you suck so badly as a Franchise that you can't lure NBA stars to New York? They've overtaken the Browns as the worst managed sports franchise in the United States. Why are they the 3th most valuable sports franchise in the world? They're more valuable than the Lakers for gently caress's sake. How do the Knicks even have any fans left?

The Browns are actually getting their poo poo together, he says through clenched teeth.

The Knicks have fans because it's generational. It's the same reason the Jets still have fans. Years of ingrained loyalty from your parents and grandparents.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

CobiWann posted:

The Browns are actually getting their poo poo together, he says through clenched teeth.

The Knicks have fans because it's generational. It's the same reason the Jets still have fans. Years of ingrained loyalty from your parents and grandparents.

I will say this about the Browns; at least their management/ownership gives a poo poo about winning even if they're historically really bad at it. Unlike the Bengals ownership who just do not give a gently caress. I feel worse for Bengals fans than Browns fans. Sorry Cavauro.

As for the Knicks: Their fanbase makes the very concept of loyalty look like a false virtue. Shame on them for shoveling money into that franchise then wondering why nothing changes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Ok fine. California and teams in states with no income tax. Happy? Point remains. 18 titles. 22 years. 3 states.

the evergreen success of the LA Clippers, Sacramento Kings and Orlando Magic.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I have smooched Thanatos and Megaera, and I have beat large father 4 times. Hades good.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Blazers play extremely fun basketball and even when they don't win, watching Mario Hezonja go after a fast break like he's Wally West is a thing of beauty. And the great thing about basketball is sometimes a team comes from relative obscurity and makes a fantastic run like the Pistons in 04 or the Raptors in 2019 and for one shining moment anything is possible.

And sometimes inspiring runs like that get crushed by the basketball equivalent of the gigantic guy with the sunglasses from Yu Yu Hakusho.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't want to have this argument anymore. 22 titles, 18 of them went to 3 states. That's all. If you feel great being a fan of one those states that can't lure superstars to your market at gunpoint and have to measure success by which round of the playoffs you lose in then chase your bliss.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I have smooched Thanatos and Megaera, and I have beat large father 4 times. Hades good.

Man I've beaten large father 6 times and haven't gotten close to smooching anybody.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

I don't want to have this argument anymore. 22 titles, 18 of them went to 3 states. That's all. If you feel great being a fan of one those states that can't lure superstars to your market at gunpoint and have to measure success by which round of the playoffs you lose in then chase your bliss.

you don't want to have this argument anymore because its an insanely bad argument that doesn't make a lick of goddamn sense

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

all the sports teams I care about are insanely bad and have always been bad so i've never had to worry about getting my hopes up too high about any of them.

the lions and middlesbrough both didn't disappoint me this weekend atleast, which is a very rare occurrence

(and gibraltar beat lichtenstein so really, life is good)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I was very happy to see the Nuggets make it to the WCF. who knows what would have happened if AD didn't hit the game winner in game 2. they would have won the title! it's fun to see Jamal Murray do Radical poo poo and Nikola Jokic is my favorite player of all time. gently caress em! Nuggets are gonna win it all next year!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

if you were a Nuggets fan and you didn't take premium joy in exposing the Clippers as Premier Fraud poo poo go to hell!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I am a Knicks fan

:smith:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bard Maddox posted:

if you were a Nuggets fan and you didn't take premium joy in exposing the Clippers as Premier Fraud poo poo go to hell!

sry they didn't win the finals and last i checked denver wasn't in 1 of 3 freaking states. so honestly it's a little pathetic you'd find joy in the extremely funny clippers collapse and destruction at the hands of jamal murray and [img-fat niko]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I Before E posted:

Batman The Animated Series isn't even the best Batman cartoon
and it still smokes X-men. If you were talking about X-men Evolution, maybe.

I wanted to address this earlier. You believe the best is Beyond or Brave and the Bold, right? I will not accept another answer in my heart.

In regards to the Knicks, I think that the fans were blessed with Ewing, so that after he was shipped to Seattle, fans still hoped that the franchise could recapture those semi-glory years but then the Houston contract and subsequent mediocre free agent signings and bad drafting dampened those spirits. I can’t imagine anyone being a new Knicks fans

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lakers rule

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I didn't find much joy in it because I'd come to really enjoy the team of scrappy weirdos Kawhi had made it his mission to redeem and as cool as the Nuggets beating a 3-1 deficit twice in a row was it was still sad to see the Clippers go.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Nikola Jokic is legitimately the most inspiring basketball player of all time. remember when he played 65 minutes in a game? love him so much.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It cannot be overstated how terrible James Dolan is as an owner. He is the reason two major sports teams in arguably the most important city in the world are absolute dogshit

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

NienNunb posted:

It cannot be overstated how terrible James Dolan is as an owner. He is the reason two major sports teams in arguably the most important city in the world are absolute dogshit

But he doesn’t own the Mets..

... I am a Mets fan

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

But he doesn’t own the Mets..

... I am a Mets fan

I am also a Mets fan

:smith: :smith:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

oh god. I'm so sorry.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lets go mets baby love da mets

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I grew up in a general "gently caress The Yankees" household so I'm also a Red Sox fan, so I get to be angry about another team's management in a very different but equal way

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I grew up in DC and while I've purged any feelings about the football team I still care a lot about the Wizards :smith:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Also while I get that dynasties can be extremely frustrating it feels weird to put the Heat, who had one title in 2006 and had to spend 5 years in the wilderness before getting another finals appearance on the way to a total of three titles, on the level of the Spurs and Lakers, and even the Warriors, who monopolized their conference for a solid half decade.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 12, 2020

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

I'm a Cubs fan and the only way they ever won the World Series required their ownership opening a hellmouth so deep and dark it brought us the last 4 years. I knew with absolute certainty that when they won they doomed us all to... this.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

at least no one here is a St. Louis Cardinals fan

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mark McGuire's strong, juicy arms put Big Macs on many middle class tables when times were comfortable and not hard, it would be wise of you to respect the Cardinals

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

NienNunb posted:

The fact that Henrik Lundqvist never even sniffed the Cup while a Ranger hurts me as a hockey fan, and I LOATHE the Rangers.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Loved to watch big Mark whack some dingers

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NYC sports teams basically don’t need fans because there’s always* enough tourists in town to fill the seats anyway

*present hellworld excepted

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I live in St. Louis and the Cardinals are the only team I hate. gently caress traffic.

I’m playing Hades. It’s good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am exclusively a yankees fan and a petco park fan

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I follow players I like more than teams in Basketball. I been a fan of Lebron everywhere he's gone so i'm happy.

Football is sad for me because I've been a Panthers fan since their first season and even though they've had some of the best players of their eras multiple times they never win the big one, although their superbowl game against the patriots in 03 is one of the best games i've ever seen, just with a tremendously sad ending.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I follow players I like more than teams in Basketball. I been a fan of Lebron everywhere he's gone so i'm happy.

Football is sad for me because I've been a Panthers fan since their first season and even though they've had some of the best players of their eras multiple times they never win the big one, although their superbowl game against the patriots in 03 is one of the best games i've ever seen, just with a tremendously sad ending.

we finally have a coaching staff that isn't the most conservative human beings on earth, things are looking up

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Born and raised in Boston so I just don't talk sports online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
8th grade babies turned in their short stories over the weekend. Goddamn, they cannot format at all.

You press space a bunch of times instead of tab and you think no one will know. But two people will know. Yes, two people. Your God, and your English Teacher.