Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Guavanaut posted:

Ash Sarkar and the 17th Edition BS7671 Wiring Regulations, united in killing gammons by being brown.

:pusheen:

I don't even care this is a pagesnipe. That is how good this was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minema
May 31, 2011

StarkingBarfish posted:

:pusheen:

I don't even care this is a pagesnipe. That is how good this was.

For real, underrated comment of the week. I tediously explained the context of the two different conversations to my husband just to read it to him.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Like he's a big fan of the security services and loves to give them special treatment, but if getting a big boner over something made you a member of it, my life would be alot easier.

there's also that brief years-long stint he did as head of the CPS

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
It's quite strange that despite cases spiking I'm far less concerned than I was back in March/April. I barely left the house for months, but I've started going shopping occasionally and today I even went and got a (much needed) haircut. Maybe I'll get the rona and die, but for some reason I just don't have the dread I did earlier in the year. That's a good thing, I think, but I don't really understand it. I guess you can only sustain anxiety for so long.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I believe that's called dehumanizing yourself and facing to bloodshed, OP.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Lobster God posted:

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1315725297543774208?s=19

So basically they're going to blame local government if/when these measures don't work.

The whole Tier thing is just anime bullshit anyway, having some hierarchical form of threat level that is focused down to a city area that is capped at 3 barely makes any sense, it just goes along with all their other bullshit like having emergency meetings called Cobra or calling Dominic Raab the 'designated survivor'. If they had to shut the schools again is that Tier 4 or 5? If they had to shut down the South would that be Dragon or God level threat?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Threat levels should be Safe, Euclid, and Keter, no we didn't add in Thaumiel and Apollyon afterwards.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The nandos spice scale is both an immediately understandable threat level system for the entire population and a prime marketing opportunity for GB plc

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

currently the covid threat level is at Sick Skills

the prime minister warns that unless guidelines are followed the situation could escalate to Smokin Sexy Style

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

ThomasPaine posted:

It's quite strange that despite cases spiking I'm far less concerned than I was back in March/April. I barely left the house for months, but I've started going shopping occasionally and today I even went and got a (much needed) haircut. Maybe I'll get the rona and die, but for some reason I just don't have the dread I did earlier in the year. That's a good thing, I think, but I don't really understand it. I guess you can only sustain anxiety for so long.

I’m kind of the same and I’m pretty sure it’s because we’ve got a much better idea of how the virus spreads now, so it feels that as long I avoid small indoor spaces and maskless idiots I know the chances are as low as can be. Since both me and my fiancée work from home, the only time either of us spends any time in a building that’s not our house is our weekly grocery shop (done on a Friday afternoon when it’s not particularly busy.)

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
nandos hot is spicier than nandos extra hot and its really unsettling to me

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I think we're all just traumatised and fatalistic tbh. I was scared I might die earlier this year. Now i'm like 'lol every time I go out I might die rofl everything is so hosed'. Problem is it's just this kind of numbing that the dickheads in power want to be the new normal.

I can't work from home so 'i'll just be careful' has given way to 'hope I have a mild case'.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Keir being an MI5 agent is the kind of absurd thing I'd expect to happen in 2020, tbqh

it's more easily explained by him being a centrist melt lawyer though so I don't give it that much credence

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

ThomasPaine posted:

maybe the extra hot is just a marketing to fragile egos thing? like those magnum XL dong condoms that are just normal sized but in a gold wrapper

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Not So Fast posted:

Keir being an MI5 agent is the kind of absurd thing I'd expect to happen in 2020, tbqh

it's more easily explained by him being a centrist melt lawyer though so I don't give it that much credence

He's the former DPP, whose literal job included working with the intelligence services at the highest level. He was straight-up MI5's chief lawyer. The idea that he doesn't have connections with that community is frankly much more bizarre.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Mate of mine shared this on Facebook.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

kecske posted:

maybe the extra hot is just a marketing to fragile egos thing? like those magnum XL dong condoms that are just normal sized but in a gold wrapper

I've said this for years, and I was beyond satisfied to read this article saying the same thing (even if Nandos themselves deny it)

https://www.vice.com/en/article/935zpy/nandos-peri-peri-medium-hotter-than-hot-sauce

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

kecske posted:

The Caroline Reaper Encona was less spicy than the Extra Hot one by a way.

Personally I love spicy food, I have about 8 different hot sauces in my cupboard, always have a range of chillies for cooking and always looking for new stuff. I always like getting a vindaloo from a restaurant because I like it, but also to see how spicy they are - often its barely spicy at all - but when I do find a good place I love it.

Things have gotten more spicier in the last decade or so, some places even have hot sauce beyond a half empty bottle of tabasco the chef uses, though the heat level on food isn't standardized at all, I think the Wetherspoons menu goes between 2-4 chilies whilst actual packets of chilies have all sorts of nonsense on them. It should be based more around scoville level - which in itself is a bit misleading as you have certain hot sauces rated at 100k that are hotter than those at 1m - but a better guide than whatever designer is putting the menu together.

The Nando's Extra Hot sauce isn't worth bothering with as it's not spicy, so you may as well go for some other flavour and see if they can chuck some fresh chili on the side if you want to have a go. The spiciest sauce is usually at some independent takeaway/pizza place that use the large bottles of generic hot sauce as that tends to just be crushed chillies and vinegar rather than them adding flavourings and diluting it to make it palatable for your average 'flamin hot monster munch has a bit of a kick to it' lot.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/cymrurouge/status/1315746641840922628?s=20
https://twitter.com/Simon_Vessey/status/1315744394931302400?s=20

:thunk:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

justcola posted:

The Caroline Reaper Encona was less spicy than the Extra Hot one by a way.

its a totally different flavour though which is good

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

The hottest sauce I ever tried was called God Slayer and it was just ridiculous, I don't know how anyone could enjoy eating that stuff. I threw some in with the meat I was frying and made the kitchen basically uninhabitable for an hour because the fumes it gave off were like pepper spray.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Guavanaut posted:

Ash Sarkar and the 17th Edition BS7671 Wiring Regulations, united in killing gammons by being brown.

irl lol.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like when you're consuming something that purports to be lethal perhaps that is your problem?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Despite being redeployed to a first-point-of-contact role earlier in the year, I've never been particularly worried about covid myself, but the risk of other people around me catching it made me be aware of what I was touching/who I was near during the spring peak.

Between redeployment, having to change how I do my job to allow for infection control/social distancing/remote working and actually changing jobs at least once in the last 6 months, it's hard for me to apply much emotional energy to the idea of covid-19. I wouldn't say it's quite disinterest, and I'll keep abiding by whatever rules are in place, but I can't really blame people who've completely had enough and just want life to go back to normal.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

I guess when Neil "oval office" Coyle is on your side, you don't have to worry about him leaking every other sentence to his mates in the press.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Jose posted:

its a totally different flavour though which is good

Oh definitely, it's tasty! Though personally I like hot food I wouldn't encourage others to eat anything that'd be too spicy as, that doesn't make any sense.

The Caroline Reaper chili is hot as gently caress though, and very tasty. All the ones that look like pumpkins, like a scotch bonnet or trinidad scorpion, have a lovely savoury taste that I like. There's an excellent chili pickle called Mr. Naga that I could eat all day and is sold in a lot of asian supermarkets I've been to.

The only thing that bothers me about my obsession is the suggestion from other people that you can't taste anything if something is too spicy - uh...maybe pain has its own flavour, hello? Each chili tastes completely different from another and they are all delicious. Spicy food doesn't bother birds at all, as that's the way the fruit transports seeds, but maybe people who can handle spice are half-bird perhaps.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

justcola posted:

Oh definitely, it's tasty! Though personally I like hot food I wouldn't encourage others to eat anything that'd be too spicy as, that doesn't make any sense.

The Caroline Reaper chili is hot as gently caress though, and very tasty. All the ones that look like pumpkins, like a scotch bonnet or trinidad scorpion, have a lovely savoury taste that I like. There's an excellent chili pickle called Mr. Naga that I could eat all day and is sold in a lot of asian supermarkets I've been to.

The only thing that bothers me about my obsession is the suggestion from other people that you can't taste anything if something is too spicy - uh...maybe pain has its own flavour, hello? Each chili tastes completely different from another and they are all delicious. Spicy food doesn't bother birds at all, as that's the way the fruit transports seeds, but maybe people who can handle spice are half-bird perhaps.

God I love chilli pickle but I cannot take the spice like I used to. I used to get through loads of Encona when I was a student and would be all over that Mr Naga stuff but not any more :corsair:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

He's the former DPP, whose literal job included working with the intelligence services at the highest level. He was straight-up MI5's chief lawyer. The idea that he doesn't have connections with that community is frankly much more bizarre.

That and the fact that he had lunch with the DG of MI5 (declared in the register of members interests) not long after he became an MP is about the only actual evidence of him being a spook.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He really acts like one tho

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

yeah fwiw i dont think he is a spook, though i like to say he is because it makes him more interesting

but i do think its entirely possible he's an MI5 asset wittingly or not and he's obviously a member of and supporter of the "security state" as a culture or entity in the UK, like, thats his entire life, campaign and personality

somewhere in the halls of evil is a dossier with keith's name on it and STRICTLY PROTECT THIS PERFECT BRAIN

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Communist Thoughts posted:

yeah fwiw i dont think he is a spook, though i like to say he is because it makes him more interesting

but i do think its entirely possible he's an MI5 asset wittingly or not and he's obviously a member of and supporter of the "security state" as a culture or entity in the UK, like, thats his entire life, campaign and personality

somewhere in the halls of evil is a dossier with keith's name on it and STRICTLY PROTECT THIS PERFECT BRAIN

For sure, he doesn't need to be a secret employee of MI5, either getting kickbacks or other help later, or because they have dirt on him; he's a part of that community and they can safely expect he'll look out for them as a result.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like when you're consuming something that purports to be lethal perhaps that is your problem?

Not even lethal, deicidal. Sounds like Marxism in a bottle to me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Marxism in a bottle would have to kill gods but leave proletarians standing, which apparently the hot sauce did not.

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

ThomasPaine posted:

Wait what? I went from medium to hot and that was a big leap for my fragile tastebuds, are you telling me I could have gone to an intermediate step?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

kingturnip posted:

I guess when Neil "oval office" Coyle is on your side, you don't have to worry about him leaking every other sentence to his mates in the press.

Imagine willingly being Neil Coyle's pal just to get scoops about which Jews Jeremy Corbyn has said he wants to eat this week

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Marxism in a bottle would have to kill gods but leave proletarians standing, which apparently the hot sauce did not.

The comrade simply did not have enough faith in Marxist-Leninist Thought

Or, possibly, too many fridges and flat screen tvs

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Keir Starmer eating boiled mincemeat whilst listening to the Greatest James Bond Themes Ever CD he got free with The Sun a few years ago

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sir keir does "boiled mincemeat" mean chopped spiced fruit or ground beef?

"As someone who wants to be prime minister, I do not endorse one over the other, so I am eating both of them at the same time"

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Kiers policy on everything so far seems to be essentially "And? Who cares?" When questioned on anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Seriously considering going to church just for some human company. I don't believe in God. The graveyard is nice, though, so being a member of the congregation might get me first dibs on a plot.