Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I made a third change to the Welcome Home mod to work with randomperson's pelagiad mod. I'm starting to get the hang of it now.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Did you edit the terrain? Grass mods are only set up for the terrain they're created on, changing that is a big headache

E: not at a computer atm but if you use tesame you should be able to manually delete the terrain edits and be okay. Ask flock :)
One of the mods changed the terrain so I guess that's it. I just restarted since I wasn't that far anyway and I'm pretty happy with the mods I have installed currently.

Oh hey I'm using five of your mods and am thinking of getting two more! You really do great work! I especially like your immersive corpus mod, such a good concept.
It's cool so many good modders are active in the thread.

e: oh I get it now, I'm trying to jsut patch it since it's not too many patches of grass.

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

lol oh man idk what i was thinking

my install got hosed up somehow, idk. ive only really been working on my own mod anyway so i backed up the .esp and nuked my morrowind install and downloaded it again.

except i forgot to backup the custom assets, which 90% of my mod is composed of, so even tho i backed up it, the mod still basically got wiped out.

i hope i can find them assets again and just slot everything back in. poo poo i think i had to import them into the cs and everything.

e: holy gently caress i think i might have to start over lol dozens of hours of work just blown up lmao

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 12, 2020

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

chaosapiant posted:

Anyone play Skyrim Home of the Nords? Is it worth adding to an install that’s already got Tamriel Rebuilt?

those flat roofs will cave in the first winter snow
:goonsay:

Are there weather mods? like make snow drifts in winter that melt in spring and dry out in summer? that'd be neat

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
For grass, you can also open up the grass file itself and manually delete errant grass. That's what I did for Kilcunda's balmora. Just. Popped that sucker open, found the grass that was floating, and just said, nah, goodbye! But I'm a freak who can enter a fugue state and spend an hour doing that without problem so lol.

How IS Skyrim, Home of the Nords? Where IS it on the map? It says the Reach, is it really on the opposite side of Skyrim from Morrowind's Tamriel Rebuilt? It seems like it'd feel weird if there was just a giant gap of water between Mainland Morrowind and then this chunk of Skyrim half the world away on the other side.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

FlocksOfMice posted:

It says the Reach, is it really on the opposite side of Skyrim from Morrowind's Tamriel Rebuilt?

Yeah. I believe they decided to start with the west so as to make sure when they get to the East, TR will have completed its own North-West.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I'm trying to find the mod that lets me use alchemy sets that are placed in the world/without picking it up. Does anyone know what it's called? I've seen it before but can't find it on the Nexus.

Upmarket Mango posted:

lol oh man idk what i was thinking

my install got hosed up somehow, idk. ive only really been working on my own mod anyway so i backed up the .esp and nuked my morrowind install and downloaded it again.

except i forgot to backup the custom assets, which 90% of my mod is composed of, so even tho i backed up it, the mod still basically got wiped out.

i hope i can find them assets again and just slot everything back in. poo poo i think i had to import them into the cs and everything.

e: holy gently caress i think i might have to start over lol dozens of hours of work just blown up lmao

Oh my god I feel for you :( I did this at my job a couple of weeks ago (accidentally deleted a week's worth of work) but it's much worse when it's a project you actually care about

e: I found this but I want to be able to do both: use from inventory AND use placed ones.
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44006

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Oct 13, 2020

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I don't even REMEMBER where I found that mod, but I'm using it myself.

https://modding-openmw.com/mods/at-home-alchemy/

I think this is the unaltered basic original?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Thank you!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
alright i'm gonna reinstall morrowind again and the OP is updated this very month so it's time to blow out all the bandwidth with mods

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I've been having a blast playing Morrowind again. I've spent quite a bit of time changing the Welcome Home mod as well as the ground cover mod I use to work with all the randomperson city mods but it's been worth the effort. I ended up not using the Farmer's Mod because it's a bit bugged and doesn't play nice with the city mods either. It's a shame but I'll live.

The big Telvanni mods are great except I kinda dislike the student it gives you.

It's also the first time I actually played Tamriel Rebuilt and it's genuinely incredible how well done it is. It all feels perfectly in line with the base game.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

a7m2 posted:

I've been having a blast playing Morrowind again. I've spent quite a bit of time changing the Welcome Home mod as well as the ground cover mod I use to work with all the randomperson city mods but it's been worth the effort. I ended up not using the Farmer's Mod because it's a bit bugged and doesn't play nice with the city mods either. It's a shame but I'll live.

The big Telvanni mods are great except I kinda dislike the student it gives you.

It's also the first time I actually played Tamriel Rebuilt and it's genuinely incredible how well done it is. It all feels perfectly in line with the base game.

TR's quests are sometimes so much better than vanilla it makes me sad. The Ebonheart thieves guild questline is reallll good, and all of Ranyon-Ruhn is super great. I'm glad that it seems like they'll be slowly releasing content until I'm dead of old age, I'll never need play anything but Morrowind ever again.

quote:

Aw man Gavin's adorable. I frown a lot at Sara N'trasha mostly for her name being completely non-Dunmer or Ashlander, but even STILL there's something magical about having Sara and Julan and yourself to have an adventuring party made up of Mary Sues. It's great.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

By the way, your Vivec Waistworks mod rocks. I couldn't play Morrowind again without it.
The one thing I did notice is that in my game all the merchants I interacted with didn't have any gold, so I could buy but not sell anything. It might be worth giving them 100 each or something if it's not a huge hassle.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is Julan still the recommended Morrowind NPC mod? Is it ever updated anymore?

Edit: Also, there was a post-main quest mod that came out like almost 10 years or so ago. I cannot remember the name of it, or even remember what it was about. I remember it has screenshots of trees with red leaves, it looked autumny. I know that’s not a lot to go in, but does anyone remember this?

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 28, 2020

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

a7m2 posted:

By the way, your Vivec Waistworks mod rocks. I couldn't play Morrowind again without it.
The one thing I did notice is that in my game all the merchants I interacted with didn't have any gold, so I could buy but not sell anything. It might be worth giving them 100 each or something if it's not a huge hassle.

Aww shucks, and it's really just something I threw together to make Vivec stop feeling so aggressively empty. I really hope someday someone comes along and really deprecates it with something way better, tbh, but until then! Any changes I make to my mods are unfortch a bit of a ways off while I deal with trying to move cross-country during a plague tho.

chaosapiant posted:

Is Julan still the recommended Morrowind NPC mod? Is it ever updated anymore?

Edit: Also, there was a post-main quest mod that came out like almost 10 years or so ago. I cannot remember the name of it, or even remember what it was about. I remember it has screenshots of trees with red leaves, it looked autumny. I know that’s not a lot to go in, but does anyone remember this?

In my deep-dive since coming back to Morrowind I still haven't found anything that even approaches Julan's level of detail and engagement. I know there are people in the modding discord who are working on similarly ambitious mods like that, but Julan's the only one that complete. It has a beta 3.0 release which adds a lot more useful functionality (you can make Julan wait in any of the main towns and meet up with him later) and expanded content (Bloodmoon's complete up to, I think, just before the very ending, including arcs for Shani there, which is just missing its conclusion). The full version of Julan is supposed to come out "soon" but the author is having a busy time IRL which I mean. The world ended, understandable.

Don't know about that mod though. The only post-game quest I know offhand is Rise of the Tribe Unmourned, which continues with a 6th house splinter cell.

e: Wait, I do remember a post-game mod that turns the Red Mountain complexes into a tourist resort. I don't think it adds forests though.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
So I'm noticing several TR guys doing the "who's there!? GOODBYE -10 disposition" thing. The new guy at the census dock in particular does this and I dunno what his deal is supposed to be.

Is it because I somehow hosed up the install, or is it quest related or what? Every time I ever used TR they did this.

Also I somehow installed the wrong version of graphic herbalism cause harvesting cork bulbs just takes away the whole plant and the TR part cannot be activated in the load order because it's missing some kinda dependency I think from an older version of TR? I can go back and read exactly what is missing but I don't have it in front of me atm.

Is there a decent way to replace that because I chaos dunked all these random mods into data files without paying attention instead of using mod organizer. Also I haven't confirmed that the TR plants don't harvest because this time I wandered into the mages guild and teleported to a random city and got lost in a forest with weird new architecture and no weird new plants.

Also is it possible or even sane to try and install the optimization patch without MO?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't know why that's happening with those npcs but that's built in morrowind behavior if you try and talk to someone when they can't detect you (in an unmodded game cheesing chameleon is the usual culprit). I think it's dumb because if they can't see you how do they know it's your fault they got startled?

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Several patches are supposed to take that out, but there are some weird mods that add the "Who's there?" thing in for no good reason other than being incredibly dirty and uncleaned.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48833

There are standalone mods that specifically remove the Who's there? dialogue that can override dirty mods that stick it back in at least.

https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/whos-there-not-knock-knock-joke-sadly

Tamriel Rebuilt's website actually has an article on the issue in fact. It's an artifact of adding new dialogue and not cleaning adjacent dialogue lines, mostly. (i actually think the author of this aritcle posts in this thread sometimes)

I don't know how your install is but I'd strongly recommend learning and using MO2 exclusively as much as you can, it makes uninstalling/upgrading/moving mods so obscenely easy to not use it is kind of crippling yourself. Especially if you're a loony like me and have 255 mods at all times.

FlocksOfMice fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 28, 2020

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah. probably what i'll do is dump the mods and then restart with TR by itself to see if they behave normally or what.

e: this vampire hunter at the halfway inn is 100% the real deal there's no way i'm going along with this "practical joke" business.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

yeah. probably what i'll do is dump the mods and then restart with TR by itself to see if they behave normally or what.

e: this vampire hunter at the halfway inn is 100% the real deal there's no way i'm going along with this "practical joke" business.

On that quest I was torn between my desire for chaos and my lack of patience for people being dumb and the only reason the entire situation didn't end in a bloodbath is because the quest ended differently than I had been preparing for, because I was trying to set it up so I could get away with killing everyone out of spite.

I always end up being vampire in my playthroughs though because I grew up reading Anne Rice as a tiny child and I can't not think vampires are cool now, it is my secret shame.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FlocksOfMice posted:

On that quest I was torn between my desire for chaos and my lack of patience for people being dumb and the only reason the entire situation didn't end in a bloodbath is because the quest ended differently than I had been preparing for, because I was trying to set it up so I could get away with killing everyone out of spite.

I always end up being vampire in my playthroughs though because I grew up reading Anne Rice as a tiny child and I can't not think vampires are cool now, it is my secret shame.

If you want to be a cool sexy vampire you should probably look into Skyrim modding.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Supposedly there's a fisherman's shack south of this big fortress on the coast of the inner sea between indoril and telvanni lands. God damned if I can find it. Got distracted trying to swim around a fuckin cliff looking for it and realized it would take irl hours to swim back.

Intervention brought be back to fuckin' Molag Maar.

Side note: it's actually really difficult to get spells if you just jerk around and don't join the guild, temple, or telvanni. A lot of these places will have at most one person willing to train or sell spells and gently caress you if it's the high ranked faction-only one.

The pilgrim's staff is TR, not vanilla, right? Because it's one of the most overpowered items I've ever seen.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Its not on UESP and I've never heard of it so probably. What's it do/look like?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It's a wood staff constant effect enchanted to fortify athletics by 5 and fatigue by some double digits amount that is pretty intense.

Yeah that's not like incredible in the long run but if you can snag one at low level -- say, if one spider daedra baby is pretty much a "pull out all the stops" type boss combat -- it's such a significant % overload that while you're above max you can easily persuade, get killer barters, slam through a bunch of potions, repair armor like a pro, all kinds of poo poo. I had a spell that was 30% chance jump to 50%.

It's strongest when used for its probable intended purpose of traveling, or when you're doing something that does not require you to move or attack.

Not truly overpowered, because I feel like you would rapidly out level it, and you can easily knock yourself out for a significant amount of time, but fatigue is tied into apparently literally everything in the game and if you are above max you begin to get success boosts instead of being at zero and whiffing every attack against a scrib.

All you have to do is be at max fatigue, equip it, and do the thing. If the thing requires fatigue the boost will taper off until it returns to normal. You don't regenerate bonus fatigue even if it's a constant effect.

It won't let you do the impossible, but for example if you could reasonably be expected to eventually speechcraft someone to 100 it's gonna be like 3 tries instead of 300. If you pull the same trick on someone who is just too much better it's gonna dive bomb to zero just as fast as normal. Possibly you could use it while letting rats bite your rear end and even rank up block and armor pretty quick, if you don't actually enter combat stance, although I think block would deplete the bonus.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
huh I never considered using fortify fatigue to cheese speech rolls. That's genius.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The fatigue term in just about every formula is

1.25 - 0.5*(1-normalized fatigue)

Where 1.25 and 0.5 are fatigue gmsts. The most you can ever get is a 25% bonus to everything from being at full, and a -25% being at empty. It's also not capped from above lol. This means if you have incredibly low max fatigue, fortifying it starts to do wacky things.

The fatigue system is largely why morrowind combat has such a bad rap, running around at 0 fatigue gives you a -25% penalty which sucks rear end. Thats also why I so heavily recommend a speed and stamina mod, it fixes slow movement AND combat

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Waitwait, so does having Fatigue above your maximum increase your chance of success on things beyond your default???

Skwirl posted:

If you want to be a cool sexy vampire you should probably look into Skyrim modding.

ugggh skyrim's so bland though. Where's the fun in it if I can't be an awful telvanni vampire that has to cast charm on everyone I interact with to avoid being murdered by the inquisition. I only go through towns invisible so people don't freak out. Morrowind's the only one that makes being a vampire into a proper "holy poo poo you're a monster, die" zone.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

FlocksOfMice posted:

Waitwait, so does having Fatigue above your maximum increase your chance of success on things beyond your default???

:angel:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

a7m2 posted:

Oh hey I'm using five of your mods and am thinking of getting two more! You really do great work! I especially like your immersive corpus mod, such a good concept.

Also thank you! I enjoy hearing people like them

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a way to backup my current Morrowind installation? I currently have everything set up exactly the way I wan't for the most part. Everything works, looks nice, etc. I would like to experiment with Tamriel Rebuilt and Morrowind Rebirth, but I really would like to back my current setup up first in its entirety so that if I mess something up I don't have to start all over or do any troubleshooting to get back to where I'm at currently.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I think just archiving the morrowind root folder and everything in it could work, if you don't actually use mod organizer, and if there isn't some precious registry key that cannot be hosed with to worry about. I'd say to restore it back don't just replace what's there, you'd probably want to go out of your way to delete everything in the folder and then extract back.

i would think there's some kind of way to save a mod layout in MO but i got no idea and don't even have it rn.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Just copy the whole folder. Gog copies ftmfw. I have like 6 morrowind installs

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i did the quest at ammar with the fisherman guy (and buffoonishly wasn't paying attention and missed out on getting killer loot), but i can't finish it because i have no idead where the fisherman's shack is. UESP says it's in a valley near the daedric ruins but uh, going near there causes a dude i barely was able to beat to come storming across the fuckin planet and attack, like that dude had 5 miles attack radius or something. Anyway there's a bunch of hungers and poo poo in there and i'm not gonna go fuckin around just to find some dumbass.

I made it back to Akamora to continue hunting spiders and I'm gonna have to get creative about it. I was able to carefully take down the babies by 1v1 stabbing, but now that i'm like twice or maybe 3x the level i was when i first got there i don't think i can take on more than one still, and the mom is insanely powerful. Even worse i have basically no ranged attacks.

Is it possible to join House Indoril? Do I have to go to Almalexia? I tried walking there but the mod runs out before the city shows up. I almost fell off the map cause I wasn't paying attention.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 1, 2020

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

i did the quest at ammar with the fisherman guy (and buffoonishly wasn't paying attention and missed out on getting killer loot), but i can't finish it because i have no idead where the fisherman's shack is. UESP says it's in a valley near the daedric ruins but uh, going near there causes a dude i barely was able to beat to come storming across the fuckin planet and attack, like that dude had 5 miles attack radius or something. Anyway there's a bunch of hungers and poo poo in there and i'm not gonna go fuckin around just to find some dumbass.

I made it back to Akamora to continue hunting spiders and I'm gonna have to get creative about it. I was able to carefully take down the babies by 1v1 stabbing, but now that i'm like twice or maybe 3x the level i was when i first got there i don't think i can take on more than one still, and the mom is insanely powerful. Even worse i have basically no ranged attacks.

Is it possible to join House Indoril? Do I have to go to Almalexia? I tried walking there but the mod runs out before the city shows up. I almost fell off the map cause I wasn't paying attention.

Almalexia is the last thing on TR's plan-list. They're going to redo the entire city, and right now all that exists is an empty--but very pretty!--preview, with a link to the Tribunal content through the main door at the very top. But it's a very large, convoluted city, and I don't disagree it would need a rework to clear up wasted space and inefficient layout. It's still very much worth going to at least once, even in its current state it's one of the most breathtaking and impressive sights in the entire game+mods. Mages Guild can teleport you to Almalexia, and in fact you NEED to teleport to the Almalexia hub to get to places like Akamora, Old Ebonheart, and some other smaller locations--it's a transit hub and nothing more at the moment.

I'm 98% sure House Indoril is not currently joinable in TR. From what I remember they're still working out how joining Indoril and Dres would work because they're very firmly native-focused and would be difficult for non-Dunmer to really make sense in.

Enjoy the difficulty, though. Sooner than you'd like you'll hit a point where you stumble on One Simple Trick or just outlevel everything and then no mod can save you from yourself.

Do get the 6th House/Bloodmoon/Tribunal rebalance and MDMD mods to extend the difficulty just a bit longer though.

FlocksOfMice fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 1, 2020

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Just copy the whole folder. Gog copies ftmfw. I have like 6 morrowind installs

I'm not going to reinstall and play Morrowind anytime soon since I can't concentrate it yet, but are your mods that rebalance Bloodmoon and Tribunal okay to use if its your first time to each expansion? It's been like 2000 years since I played them originally so I've forgotten most/all of it.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Node posted:

I'm not going to reinstall and play Morrowind anytime soon since I can't concentrate it yet, but are your mods that rebalance Bloodmoon and Tribunal okay to use if its your first time to each expansion? It's been like 2000 years since I played them originally so I've forgotten most/all of it.

Absolutely use those rebalances even if you haven't played it in a billion years. The original balance in them is so atrociously bad those mods are basically actual fixes for the expansions. The expansions had a businessman at level 60 capable of one-shotting a high-level nerevarine. It was deeply inconsistent and awful.

The average wildlife on bloodmoon was as dangerous as the ascended sleepers in the vanilla game. It was BAD.

FlocksOfMice fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 1, 2020

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
My poo poo is totally hosed up, there's increasing numbers of characters doing the who's there goodby thing and it's people like the Akamora guild guide and other stuff like that.
What should i do to avoid this? Install TR last after every other mod? When i used MO this still happened, though.

While I don't like how TR extended so many materials into every armor slot -- i feel like it was cooler that some material styles just didn't have a full armor set, like some would just not be suitable for every piece, or the native bonemold styles just traditionally only changed certain pieces -- the chuzei curiass and gauntlets are some of my favorite armors in the game, it's awesome. I hate the pauldrons tho, lol. I would have stuck with native helmet, curiass, shield, and one other piece that was unique like the vvardenfel 3 all picked pauldron but maybe indoril went with gloves and dres did boots or something.

It does look super weird with the cloth and clips with your pants really bad if you pick a beast char, but that might just be because i apparently botched something when slapping around these mods, or the fact that the wacky rear end leg and breathing animations just make it impossible to work exactly right.

FlocksOfMice posted:

Almalexia is the last thing on TR's plan-list. They're going to redo the entire city, and right now all that exists is an empty--but very pretty!--preview, with a link to the Tribunal content through the main door at the very top. But it's a very large, convoluted city, and I don't disagree it would need a rework to clear up wasted space and inefficient layout. It's still very much worth going to at least once, even in its current state it's one of the most breathtaking and impressive sights in the entire game+mods. Mages Guild can teleport you to Almalexia, and in fact you NEED to teleport to the Almalexia hub to get to places like Akamora, Old Ebonheart, and some other smaller locations--it's a transit hub and nothing more at the moment.

I'm 98% sure House Indoril is not currently joinable in TR. From what I remember they're still working out how joining Indoril and Dres would work because they're very firmly native-focused and would be difficult for non-Dunmer to really make sense in.

Enjoy the difficulty, though. Sooner than you'd like you'll hit a point where you stumble on One Simple Trick or just outlevel everything and then no mod can save you from yourself.

Do get the 6th House/Bloodmoon/Tribunal rebalance and MDMD mods to extend the difficulty just a bit longer though.

Well, Indoril i think you could get in on the basis of proving yourself a hardcore believer. Maybe set it up so that if you join the temple and then do an awesomely insane pilgrimage you could get in. This could actually be a pretty interesting way to handle a great house because you could lump like half the house quests into one huge starter quest. According to their page the favored attributes are Athletics, Block, Blunt Weapon, Long Blade, Medium Armor, Mysticism, which are a good mix of skills for a character who hits hard and can take a punch while travelling relatively light and are sort of ascetic.

For Dres maybe make it so that you actually cannot get in unless your character is dunmer, and you still have to do some kind of quest to prove that you aren't corrupted by your foreign upbringing.

Make it so you can't actually become the leader of either of them.

FlocksOfMice posted:

Absolutely use those rebalances even if you haven't played it in a billion years. The original balance in them is so atrociously bad those mods are basically actual fixes for the expansions. The expansions had a businessman at level 60 capable of one-shotting a high-level nerevarine. It was deeply inconsistent and awful.

The average wildlife on bloodmoon was as dangerous as the ascended sleepers in the vanilla game. It was BAD.

it was pretty nuts. I still think the snow versions should be actually super brutal and left alone tho, because of the snow armor. Dunno if the mod tones them down to be normal bears and wolves. Does the mod also adjust soul sizes?

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 1, 2020

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Yeah souls and everything are changed. I didnt like how the wild animals were brutal killing machines and ricklings could kill elder dagoths. Same with goblins and their 100g weapons doing more than the best dunmer weapons.

Iirc the plan for joining indoril was you loophole in via marriage, dres as beast race would have you act via a proxy

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

My poo poo is totally hosed up, there's increasing numbers of characters doing the who's there goodby thing and it's people like the Akamora guild guide and other stuff like that.
What should i do to avoid this? Install TR last after every other mod? When i used MO this still happened, though.

Did you install a mod that dummies out the "Who's there?" and set it to the bottom of your load order? Theoretically that should override any other mod you have that's reasserting it. That'd be my scorched-earth guarantee option. If it still fires even with a mod that only dummies it out, then, post your load order I guess lol.

quote:

While I don't like how TR extended so many materials into every armor slot -- i feel like it was cooler that some material styles just didn't have a full armor set, like some would just not be suitable for every piece, or the native bonemold styles just traditionally only changed certain pieces -- the chuzei curiass and gauntlets are some of my favorite armors in the game, it's awesome. I hate the pauldrons tho, lol. I would have stuck with native helmet, curiass, shield, and one other piece that was unique like the vvardenfel 3 all picked pauldron but maybe indoril went with gloves and dres did boots or something.

Ok but the Dreugh set is absolutely phenomenal looking.

Chuzei pauldrons are GREAT they go STRAIGHT UP and that's ideal. Indoril guards swap between chuzei sets and the more casual cool blue set with those great cone hats though.

Dres' Gah'ko looks awful in its current resolution compared to the AI upscaled textures though.

quote:

it was pretty nuts. I still think the snow versions should be actually super brutal and left alone tho, because of the snow armor. Dunno if the mod tones them down to be normal bears and wolves. Does the mod also adjust soul sizes?

I'm not sure offhand what their mod does for the snow beasts' stats, but I do know it reduces Spriggan soul size away from CE level. I played through it recently but my character was already horribly OP by that point, you know when you hit that stride where it's only the really stand-out things that make you take pause.

I started working on even MORE mods to fix that but I'm moving and don't got access to my computer proper for a while. I have to pimp my own MDMD which makes daedric cultists/vanilla npc bosses harder, but I'm fussing with an obnoxious no-fun magic balance mod that's actually close to the sweet spot for me lately. Including making Paralyze a high-level spell effect so you can't just turn off enemies at will holy poo poo that is such an OP ability ok that's a tangent though.

I'm half tempted to go back to my original balance mod I made for myself that actually upped the strength of wild beasts in Vvardenfell too. Kagouti are huge, terrifying masses of muscle and tusks, they should gently caress you up in a fight. A bear should gently caress you up in a fight. In literature a guy who fought a bear to death was basically the kind of guy who killed a monster pretty much. But then I'd have to consider RandomPal's Creatures/Undead compilation which adds a bunch of neat variety to those sorts of things but even THAT one they're currently balancing to take away some of the insane Undead resists and oh lord it's kind of a mess cultivating a holistic experience for yourself.

Good news is mods are super easy to edit and it's even easier to just delete a mod's alterations to things to restore them to vanilla and there's no Right Way To Play so you can just, spend 30 minutes with a spreadsheet and make Morrowind whatever you want.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

quote:

Good news is mods are super easy to edit and it's even easier to just delete a mod's alterations to things to restore them to vanilla and there's no Right Way To Play so you can just, spend 30 minutes with a spreadsheet and make Morrowind whatever you want.
^^^^^

Basically all of my mods were minor tweaks I made years ago and realized there was nothing else like them on the nexus. The original overhauls took maybe an hour total to make just changing values lol. Makes a big difference!

I was thinking of lua-fying some rebalance mods, instead of an esp with rigid values you can just edit the stats in plaintext json. Modding is super intimidating to people for some reason but notepad++ is simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Yeah souls and everything are changed. I didnt like how the wild animals were brutal killing machines and ricklings could kill elder dagoths. Same with goblins and their 100g weapons doing more than the best dunmer weapons.

Iirc the plan for joining indoril was you loophole in via marriage, dres as beast race would have you act via a proxy

These are both awesome ideas. Altho your spouse might end up getting shittalked for marrying an outlander, dunno why they'd wanna deal with it unless they were super into you. Dres maybe should be via proxy unless you're dunmer, beast or no beast? But if you're proxy then you get no above board benefits... why would you help some dweeb become a powerful Dres, a fuckload of money? If it's worth it you could be a total backstabber and "be" both in Dres and another house.