Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm just glad they're reopening the pledge manager at all, there's a ton more stuff I want after seeing the renders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
Wait, if we backed at $1 and the pledge manager opens back up, can we theoretically bump up to one of the actual higher tiers at those prices and get the benefits still? I missed the boat on that last time because I didn't have the funds to actually invest but I would KILL to be able to do it now.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
From the wording in the e-mail you may have to pick up Wave 2 items, but there're a lot of those.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The add-ons can go into the Wave 2 stuff and that's almost everything in the campaign, I think.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Catalyst posted:

We will send out new links next week, allowing you to re-open your survey and continue shopping from Wave 1 and Wave 2 rewards.

I read this as you can bump it up or add on with any of the W1 / W2 options. Everything you pick will just ship in wave 2 now, Q1 2021.

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die

PoptartsNinja posted:

The list of really famous/infamous Clanners who didn't pilot some combination of the Timberwolf, Warhawk, or Dire Wolf for some/all of their career is shockingly low. If you're talking about a Clanner and they didn't pilot one of the Big Three they were probably an Elemental.

I recall the Smoke Jaguar galaxy commander defending Huntress in Twilight of the Clans who, due to sloppy editing, kept re-kitting her Cauldron-Born* to the same configuration over and over again. Not super famous or infamous but an example I remember from the mid/late '90s where Omnis were portrayed right, i.e. you had a favourite chassis you piloted and then kitted the 'Mech out according to the mission.

(*Ebon Jaguar, but I don't think they had coined the Clan name for it yet)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Carbolic posted:

(*Ebon Jaguar, but I don't think they had coined the Clan name for it yet)

The Clan name for it comes from TRO: 3058 Upgrades in 2006, yeah. They noted that literally nobody calls it an "Ebon Jaguar" because who gives a poo poo what those morons wanted to call it? By 3067 the Jags were in lower regard than the second Star League.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Defiance Industries posted:

I thought the Marik equivalent of Blackjack was the Hero Training Institute?

Definitely, but I still want a Princefield shirt to go with my Nagelring one.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm just glad they're reopening the pledge manager at all, there's a ton more stuff I want after seeing the renders.

I was hoping they'd open it back up, because I really need a couple of those map tubes for the battlemats I picked up at Gen Con last year. Haven't been able to find anything similar on Amazon that can fit them.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
I want mechs

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
ilClan when!?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Icon of War is out which details something very important that happens during the Reavings.

Children of Kerensky, the 1st part of the "IlClan" novels, is being teased by Pardoe on Facebook. The 2nd Part "The Hour of the Wolf", is still being written.

Children of Kerensky probably will drop soon this month. I think it was 2-3 weeks after Pardoe teased Rock of the Republic that the DTF dropped.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Was gonna just ask for a spoilered summary but since it's actually set during the Wars of Reaving and not the hated Dark Age I will buy the book and read it

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Picked up the Battlemech Manual and am pumped to get playing more.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

DrPop posted:

Was gonna just ask for a spoilered summary but since it's actually set during the Wars of Reaving and not the hated Dark Age I will buy the book and read it

The Dark Age is great and you should embrace it.

Bring back clickytech.

I'm well aware the license is split three-ways and likely clickytech will never exist again, it's a shame.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I liked clickytech.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I'll probably come around some time after they release ilClan. Catalyst has done a pretty good job of making the post-Jihad and Dark Age mechs less cringey at least, though I'm keeping myself pretty distant from the fluff

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Just making the blackout a long-term plan of Devlin Stone to take over the entire Inner Sphere did wonders for making the Dark Age less stupid.

Not because the Blackout wasn't immensely stupid, but because it blew up in Stone's face so spectacularly.

My current headcannon is that Victor Davion, secret Wobbie, was ultimately responsible for setting off the Blackout early. He had one more chance to gently caress over the entire Inner Sphere before his death and he took it. :allears:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 12, 2020

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I hope Devlin Stone's downfall involves his secret weakness, that you can just say "Victor Davion" or "Sun-Tzu Liao" and he zones out and starts rambling about them like your grandparents just heard the word "Obama"

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

I hope Devlin Stone's downfall involves his secret weakness, that you can just say "Victor Davion" or "Sun-Tzu Liao" and he zones out and starts rambling about them like your grandparents just heard the word "Obama"

what's the BT version of just shouting "chappaquiddick!"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have the books for advanced rules, technical operations, techmanual, and tact operations, and total warfare. If I want to really get deep into outfitting the 30 mechs I have so far, is there an order I want to go through for each book? Or what is the primary book for getting :science: about my mechs? I havent been able to read through these yet but want to start.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TW and the Tech Manual form the basic level of the game. TW is how to play and TM is unit construction. Most of the time all you're really going to NEED is Total Warfare, everything else is gravy.

Tac Ops (now two different books) is a book for adding more complicated poo poo than the base game. And that is fuckin saying something.

Strategic Ops is about fighting a system-level campaign. It's built around three main things: more advanced rules for space-capable units; rules for salvage, repair and customization; and BattleForce, the latest rewrite of an old favorite you could use to fight regimental-scale battles without it requiring a month.

Interstellar Ops is for playing on a Successor State level, kind of like the old Succession Wars board game. It also has a bunch of information on playing different eras outside the normal 3025-3150 window, and lots of ways to do war crimes on a planet.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget Campaign Ops, which was a grab-bag of a book that was put together after the original draft for Interstellar Ops proved too long to make for a single volume. Covers things like (mercenary/house/clan) unit creation, and things like solar system creation and colony creation.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pussy Cartel posted:

Don't forget Campaign Ops, which was a grab-bag of a book that was put together after the original draft for Interstellar Ops proved too long to make for a single volume.

When you realize there's a "longer version" of IntOps... That this was the version they cut down to...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
ah yes, the conquest of north Africa expansion, I remember that one

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

When you realize there's a "longer version" of IntOps... That this was the version they cut down to...

Battletech is eternal and pure, unsullied by the passage of the ages

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
I miss clickytech.

No new mechs in the "Wave 2.5" stuff.

Catalyst posted:

WAVE 2.5 - NEW KICKSTARTER REWARD EXTRAS 
     Alpha Strike (Hexless) BattleMat)
     Limited Edition Foil Poster Set
     Limited Edition Foil Puzzles
     Premium Novel Series (Hardback)
     Collector's Novel Series (Faux Leather)
     MapPack: Deserts
     Tactical Dice Set (Inner Sphere & Clan)
     LosTech Dice Set (Metal) Series 1-3
     Strategic Operations - Advanced Aerospace Rules (Reprint / Vintage Cover)
     Campaign Operations (Reprint / Vintage Cover)

But if you took the Canon character rebate credit, they said it should be applied by next Monday.

Time to decide which mechs I'm going to turn mine into.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Supposedly they're redoing Campaign Ops to roll in the non-aerospace (and presumably non-Battleforce) stuff from StratOps. Strat Ops will then be the advanced aerospace rules, with a name that doesn't really make sense for it. Maybe it should be Aerospace or Space Operations???

I'm hoping it gets an editing pass to be more of something you can use as written rather than the "*tosses pile of stuff on floor* put it together yourself" approach the original takes.

Catalyst is kind of not very good at editing or playtesting though so who knows.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Just loving call it BattleForce 3, you assholes

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

This guy ripped off a bunch of BattleTech tank designs

https://twitter.com/__br__ba/status/1301247807802806273

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I mean, maybe some of the really bad and stupid Clan ones.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
Whoever designed those clan tank designs needs to go to prison. There's "I'm not a military engineer, I'm just a guy doodling sci-fi tanks" and then there's "I'm intentionally making these as bad as possible"

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I dislike the GI Joe-looking bubble cockpitted Dark Age vehicles more. The M1 Marksman tank looks good, imo, so Wizkids clearly wasn't incapable of making things look reasonable.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Got my tracking info today, and it turns out that the package was outside my door 45 minutes before.

Catalyst did it, I got all my wave one stuff. Correct and everything

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Got my tracking info today, and it turns out that the package was outside my door 45 minutes before.

Catalyst did it, I got all my wave one stuff. Correct and everything

Awesome! What part of the world are you in? I recall that Europe was expected to get their shipments first.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Some people in the US are getting their shipping notices now (not me :negative: ). Or at least I have nothing on FedEx's app. Maybe I'll start checking my door more often for awhile.

I also haven't gotten my character credit yet, but I'm just chalking it up to normal kickstarter slowness.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I am on the east coast, so not so far from Florida. I was shocked it came as quickly as it did.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I can't find my Canon Character in the database :(

Who do I, uh, ask about it?

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

I can't find my Canon Character in the database :(

Who do I, uh, ask about it?

I'd say just fill this out and they'll email you https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/pages/contact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does anyone have their own pictures of the new miniatures? I think Catalyst has only ever shown 3D renderings of the models.