Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Sir Kodiak posted:

Unlike some Spider-Men, Tobey's webbing was sufficient to save Gwen Stacy, so maybe the haters need to step off.

Wow :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Organic webs are better and more believable than webshooters. I will die on this hill.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

No I’m with you. But it should come out of his butt like a real spider.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

ruddiger posted:

I hope the Sinister Six are the bad guys and we get all the villains back. I think most of them have already shown up already in previous spidey movies, right?

Yeah they have, why not?

I'd choose Maguire's Green Goblin and Doc Ock, Garfield's Electro, the Lizard (or Giamatti's Rhino??), and Holland's Vulture, Mysterio. There's two from each series, I can count. Sounds great.

The de-aging effects that can be done now look pretty good so you could get some face shots the older actors looking like they did at release.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

PlushCow posted:

Yeah they have, why not?

I'd choose Maguire's Green Goblin and Doc Ock, Garfield's Electro, the Lizard (or Giamatti's Rhino??), and Holland's Vulture, Mysterio. There's two from each series, I can count. Sounds great.

The de-aging effects that can be done now look pretty good so you could get some face shots the older actors looking like they did at release.

Yeah, let's put 3 Spidermen and 6 villains in one movie, it'll be 180 minutes of introductions.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Crackbone posted:

Yeah, let's put 3 Spidermen and 6 villains in one movie, it'll be 180 minutes of introductions.

It worked for Into the Spiderverse.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Seriously not looking forward to ‘Superhero Cinematic Multiverses!’ being the trend suddenly forced by every studio, simultaneously.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Superhero movies really are speedrunning the history of the comics.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Organic webs are better and more believable than webshooters. I will die on this hill.

Invalid Validation posted:

No I’m with you. But it should come out of his butt like a real spider.

The ideal everyone wins solution would of course be mechanical web shooters on his wrists, but they work via a tube to his rear end.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Neo Rasa posted:

The ideal everyone wins solution would of course be mechanical web shooters on his wrists, but they work via a tube to his rear end.

:hmmyes:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Just wait til Spider-man teams up with Elsa, Sora, Darkwing Duck and... some Star Wars fucker that people haven't gotten completely sick of yet.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Compromise, he should have web-shooters, but instead of him having invented web fluid, the web fluid he fills the web shooters with comes out of his butt

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Just wait til Spider-man teams up with Elsa, Sora, Darkwing Duck and... some Star Wars fucker that people haven't gotten completely sick of yet.

This would unironically be fun and good if they got the same people who did Into the Spider-Verse to do stuff like this.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Crackbone posted:

3 different Uncle Ben deaths in one movie.

I would like the Sinister Six to be Raimi’s Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman - Garfield’s Electro, Rhino - Holland’s Vulture.

You can do Kraven and Lizard as their own stand alone movie.

Perhaps one day I will see Hickman’s FF->Avengers/New Avengers->Secret Wars run “Everything Dies.”

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm betting Secret Wars shutters the line when they stop being profitable.

You know, for that "oh poo poo Tony/cap are back" pop

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Seriously not looking forward to ‘Superhero Cinematic Multiverses!’ being the trend suddenly forced by every studio, simultaneously.

Michael keaton might be back,maybe george clooney could be EVEN GAYER.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Not quite, theres been a bunch of them but the two most iconic had Kraven or Hobgoblin in them. Doesn't mean they can't do Kraven as a reality TV bounty hunter going after MCU Peter and accidentally stumbling onto a way to pull the rest of the 6 out of various movie realities.

A live action version of Into the Spiderverse Scorpion could look pretty cool.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney should all return in The Flash, film each scene identically, and could change to a different one randomly every time it cuts to them. No one comments on the changing face and bat suit.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

At that point just adapt Batman/Planetary

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If you look at the right corners of youtube you can find that today.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Crackbone posted:

As long as they include the Wanker from Cerebus.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

ruddiger posted:

I hope the Sinister Six are the bad guys and we get all the villains back. I think most of them have already shown up already in previous spidey movies, right?

I don't recall the fix roster and am too lazy to look it up for this post, but wasn't one of the members The Beetle? We haven't seen him yet. He was also an occasional Iron Man villain, I think. So he might be an opponent for Morgan Stark as Iron Girl or whatever they when they decide to magically age her up or something. Most likely with some mildly hosed up idea of putting her in some weird love triangle thing with Peter Parker and MJ.

Please, God and/or Stan Lee, don't let my stupid rambling end up becoming a prophecy.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Darko posted:

They didn't hire Snipes off of Cameo. They shot him, normally, in a hotel room. He was the last actor that agreed to do the part and they shot him a little later than everyone.

...huh, for some reason I remember it being thrown around that they hired him off Cameo when the episode aired. I must be getting Mandela'd.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

At that point just adapt Batman/Planetary

gently caress yeah,i want purple gloves/uses a gun,1930’s batman.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney should all return in The Flash, film each scene identically, and could change to a different one randomly every time it cuts to them. No one comments on the changing face and bat suit.

I wonder if MCU's Spider-Man 3 were opted by the studio for rewrites to include Strange w/ different Spider-Men in response to DC doing the multiverse thing in their film releases with Keaton's return as Batman in The Flash. I remember reading Civil War was made in response to BvS being announced.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
This is gonna be how they introduce Star Wars into the MCU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Superhero movies really are speedrunning the history of the comics.

Yeah, it's darkly hilarious. It's not like I'll be watching them, but I don't really like the ramifications for film.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
More than catching up with the comics, they're catching up with the X-man films.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I think the multiverse stuff could turn out well if done right. It could lead to a lot more self contained movies set in other universes. While some would likely crossover with each other, I'd assume they wouldn't all crossover. I'll probably be proven wrong though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

teagone posted:

I wonder if MCU's Spider-Man 3 were opted by the studio for rewrites to include Strange w/ different Spider-Men in response to DC doing the multiverse thing in their film releases with Keaton's return as Batman in The Flash. I remember reading Civil War was made in response to BvS being announced.

That's definitely playing a part, but I think it's more a reaction to the animated Spiderverse movie. Spiderverse got that Emmy (?) first try and it took over a decade of MCU films to get one for (I think) Black Panther. That's gotta be embarrassing.

Though ironically, we wouldn't be getting Spider-Man 3: Oops all Peters and this version of The Flash without Miller/Lord getting fired from Solo then quitting The Flash and doing Spiderverse.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Spiderverse got that Emmy (?) first try

You mean the B'nai B'rith Award

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Everyone posted:

I don't recall the fix roster and am too lazy to look it up for this post, but wasn't one of the members The Beetle? We haven't seen him yet. He was also an occasional Iron Man villain, I think. So he might be an opponent for Morgan Stark as Iron Girl or whatever they when they decide to magically age her up or something. Most likely with some mildly hosed up idea of putting her in some weird love triangle thing with Peter Parker and MJ.

Please, God and/or Stan Lee, don't let my stupid rambling end up becoming a prophecy.

There’s not really a fixed roster, it’s just whatever six villains you want to stuff in there. Sort of like the Justice League; sure you might want the big famous ones all the time but if you have to use like, Jackal, Swarm and Paste-Pot Pete it’s just as sinister. Hell honestly the “six” is even negotiable, they’ve been the Sinister Syndicate on multiple occasions.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Might as well do it while most of the older comic book movie stars are still alive

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

DC Murderverse posted:

There’s not really a fixed roster, it’s just whatever six villains you want to stuff in there. Sort of like the Justice League; sure you might want the big famous ones all the time but if you have to use like, Jackal, Swarm and Paste-Pot Pete it’s just as sinister. Hell honestly the “six” is even negotiable, they’ve been the Sinister Syndicate on multiple occasions.

I think there's actually been a couple cases where the Sinister Six don't actually get six members and Spidey mocks them for it, to the point where it might actually be the default. Or I might be thinking of the Frightful Four, who can never get a permanent fourth member.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think there's actually been a couple cases where the Sinister Six don't actually get six members and Spidey mocks them for it, to the point where it might actually be the default. Or I might be thinking of the Frightful Four, who can never get a permanent fourth member.

Reminds me of German children's book Jim Button and the Wild 13, where the eponymous 13 are a band of identical twin pirates lead by a captain... but they are too dumb to count and they are actually just 12 guys.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Four Great Ones of Cromartie High School come to mind, where it occasionally comes up during their pointless, meandering conversations that there's actually five of them.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

You will never crush my dream of an Ocean’s 11 style movie with all the previous actresses who donned the role in Catwoman’s 9.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ruddiger posted:

You will never crush my dream of an Ocean’s 11 style movie with all the previous actresses who donned the role in Catwoman’s 9.

I can crush it pretty well by pointing out that Eartha Kitt is dead.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

you wouldn't believe what they could do with cgodnoidon'twanttothinkaboutitnooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Jedit posted:

Thanks for reminding us.