Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

night slime posted:

scroll down to the bottom of the likes for a surprise

hahaha naturally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

drat i don’t know many 11 year olds who pull in 6 figures

also now he’s saying he doesn’t want them to vote? pick a side old man!!

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos
Tim Robbins, ladies and gents!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

night slime posted:

scroll down to the bottom of the likes for a surprise

Top notch stuff

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Tim was drunk as poo poo on that episode and still quite eloquent, pretty commendable.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Lol the bad faith podcast patreon increased by four thousand dollars thanks to virgils tweet good job

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
virgil's posting power is truly a thing to behold

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol holy poo poo Virgil is like God-level at kicking the liberal hornets nest

he does it so casually too

PerilPastry fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 13, 2020

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
podcasters are the philosophers of the modern age. people who record videos of themselves sitting in their car screaming into their phone for youtube are the linguists

pull up virgil, pull up

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
virgil is executing the technique where you post through it

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Bad Faith giving Chomsky the business is akin to an old-guard hardcore punk band being heckled at a show. It always tickles me. Do I respect Chomsky? Sure, but people propping him up as infallible and getting really upset when you say anything negative is always hilarious.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dr.Radical posted:

Bad Faith giving Chomsky the business is akin to an old-guard hardcore punk band being heckled at a show. It always tickles me. Do I respect Chomsky? Sure, but people propping him up as infallible and getting really upset when you say anything negative is always hilarious.

It’s not even that. It’s these lib blue checkmarks who are pretending they ever cared about anything Chomsky ever had to say.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The_Rob posted:

It’s not even that. It’s these lib blue checkmarks who are pretending they ever cared about anything Chomsky ever had to say.

And it proves the show’s name right too lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

The REAL Goobusters posted:

And it proves the show’s name right too lol

I'm on break at work so imagine I posted the 400 liberals on Twitter responding to Matty Yg with this exact joke

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
This Bobbo Supreme thing sounds terrible

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Bobbo Supreme is the big square pizza from Little Caesar's, right?

The_Rob posted:

Just like how they hated Bernie and called his supporters a cult, then flipped the script to "Why don't you listen to your leader?"

It's funny, they don't understand the genuinely held beliefs of anyone who hasn't backed themselves into this absurd position where you have to admire both Gore Vidal and Buckley Jr.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 13, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I used to get Gore Vidal and Noam Chomsky mixed up because they both have silly names. Still do sometimes.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
that's dumb as hell

...gore vidal sounds like the shampoo

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's okay, I accidentally watched Warlock a few days ago because I had it confused with Prophecy.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
They made a fun documentary all about Gore Vidal repeatedly owning William F Buckley.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3518012/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1316049141328277504?s=20

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Al Gore Vidal

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

the Machine took a small funny moment and spun it up into this vast constellation of Succ at a such tremendous speed, it's really quite impressive.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Jorge 'Mas' Vidal

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Which I would at least respect if he had politics more left than Bernie
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1227481617800794112?s=20

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
What Chapo are doing is one thing, its people chatting, riffing, its good.

What Virgil and Brie are doing is trite Hard Copy x McLaughlin Group 2020 Remix.wmv noise.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It's good

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Which I would at least respect if he had politics more left than Bernie
Uh, I'm pretty certain he does. People have this idea that Virgil is the token lib because he's the resident electoral nerd, but on the rare occasions that he goes off about his genuine beliefs he seems passionate about dismantling all forms of oppression.

uber_stoat posted:

the Machine took a small funny moment and spun it up into this vast constellation of Succ at a such tremendous speed, it's really quite impressive.
The media coverage of the debate is entirely about the stupid fly moment because the debate itself was so goddamn boring and neither of them said anything surprising or interesting.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That new Tim Meadows podcast sounds kinda lame.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
SNL had to go hard on the fly because all the epic girlboss moments that they convinced themselves Kamala would will into being never came.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

SNL had to go hard on the fly because all the epic girlboss moments that they convinced themselves Kamala would will into being never came.

are you serious?! she said "excuse me I'm talking now" several times like an absolute queen

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I guess we should be grateful that they didn't turn Kopmala's "I'm speaking" into epic girlboss memes. They would've repeated that until it turned into speaking in tongues.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Breadallelogram posted:

are you serious?! she said "excuse me I'm talking now" several times like an absolute queen

yaaas queen, love that stern, grade school teacher realness!!!

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

am i missing something special here or is this just tim robbins passionately talking about yet another "its about trump, you get it?!" media project? which podcaster was it, maybe felix, that said trump's basically ruined a whole bunch of media because shows are run by libs who had their brains melted and so everything has to be about him in some way, isn't this just that

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Tim mentions the whole "people thought war of the worlds was real and panicked" thing, but isn't that pretty much entirely an urban myth lol

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 13, 2020

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

slicing up eyeballs posted:

am i missing something special here or is this just tim robbins passionately talking about yet another "its about trump, you get it?!" media project? which podcaster was it, maybe felix, that said trump's basically ruined a whole bunch of media because shows are run by libs who had their brains melted and so everything has to be about him in some way, isn't this just that

tbf tim robbins is well into his third decade of making lame political satire

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

drat this thread is full succ

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

slicing up eyeballs posted:

I dont begrudge them doing softball interviews with actors/writers they like who happen to be hawking a lame podcast, poo poo I wanna hang out with Andy Dufresne for a couple hours too

The Stan Chera opener was gold anyway

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Wolfsheim posted:

I dont begrudge them doing softball interviews with actors/writers they like who happen to be hawking a lame podcast, poo poo I wanna hang out with Andy Dufresne for a couple hours too

oh yeah I get why they doing it lol I'd like to get an hour to chat with wallace shawn too, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something by half listening. best of luck to up and coming actor tim robbins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I hate it when I go out like Stan Chera