Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Power to choose is basically the opposite of transparency. It’s better recently but before yeah a lot of plans had a bunch of nonsense that would gently caress you if you didn’t hit certain numbers of usage. So the rate you saw was not going to happen over the life of the contract. It’s easier to switch plans at least. It’s pretty hosed to lower your rate if you used more electricity too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

George H.W. oval office posted:

Texas deregulated in 2002 so probably shortly after that.

It can be a real fucker comparing the EFL on every plan and making sure you're getting the best deal for your usage. There was a short time with Gexa that if you used < 500 Kwh you'd get a $50 bill credit. I ended up having free electricity and getting paid for 6 months. It owned
Oh man that's sweet, I wish I was in a more insulated place. If it's laundry day and 108 outside I can hit 55kwh in a day, lowest maybe 6kwh

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/KonniBurton/status/1315828237310795776?s=20

i swear west is going to singlehandedly lose texas for the gop with his maga bullshit

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sab0921 posted:

Yeah - if everyone who voted for Beto, voted for the D state rep, the house would have flipped

this is why the gop got rid of straight ticket voting

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The 5th Circuit basically upheld Abbott's one-box-per-county rule

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Early voting done in Houston. Walked across the street to my polling place. In and out no problem.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/KonniBurton/status/1315828237310795776?s=20

i swear west is going to singlehandedly lose texas for the gop with his maga bullshit

That is a hell of a take. I wonder where he would go next if he had to move the goal posts again.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I've been looking at the 150ish plans available to me and saying no to ones with fees for low usage and a base cost, but haven't seen any that mention bill credits. Is that kind of thing in the fact sheet, or do I need to search the terms of service too?

e: oh. I had ticked "Plans without a minimum usage fee/credit and plans without tiered pricing". I see now. I now have 213 plans offered! :sludgepal:

e2: some of these plans seem like they're designed for gamblers or work based wholly on government subsidies or something. a $95 credit if you use over 1,000 kWh? what's the grift there?

wolfs fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 13, 2020

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Did anyone early vote today? If so how did the lines look in the am?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

syntaxrigger posted:

Couple people in the thread did, one said it was in and out, the other said it was about a 100 person line.

edit: Which is like an hour or so wait usually, tops in my past voting experience.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

syntaxrigger posted:

https://twitter.com/chucklindell/status/1316027832892616704

https://twitter.com/acaciatree18/status/1315998847366242304

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/status/1316013324308414464

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

George H.W. oval office posted:

Early voting done in Houston. Walked across the street to my polling place. In and out no problem.

Same, doing the drive through voting with my wife because we have a one month old and there was about 25-30 cars ahead of me and it took about 10 minutes or so of waiting. I'm happy to see the number of uncontested Dem judges in the county getting auto reelected.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Ok good to know. I guess it depends on the county.

Captain Monkey posted:

Couple people in the thread did, one said it was in and out, the other said it was about a 100 person line.

edit: Which is like an hour or so wait usually, tops in my past voting experience.

Sorry I didn't see these. My bad.

syntaxrigger fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 13, 2020

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

syntaxrigger posted:

I got to the poll about 7:45 (opened at 8) and was home at 9:30. Feels good to have it done and overwith.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

syntaxrigger posted:

Ok good to know. I guess it depends on the county.

Sorry I didn't see these. My bad.

I wasn't trying to make you feel bad just answer your question, it's easy to miss stuff!

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Captain Monkey posted:

I wasn't trying to make you feel bad just answer your question, it's easy to miss stuff!

Cool, thanks. I am not the best at reading subtext online.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I realllllly don't understand showing up at the inevitable line of olds on d-day h-hour of early voting in a normal election, let alone in the midst of rona times. If right now is the only time you can make for it then go but otherwise, for gently caress's sake, go another time in the next three weeks.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I realllllly don't understand showing up at the inevitable line of olds on d-day h-hour of early voting in a normal election, let alone in the midst of rona times. If right now is the only time you can make for it then go but otherwise, for gently caress's sake, go another time in the next three weeks.

I get deciding to vote on Day One because you're excited and fine with the long line experience. I'm more annoyed by the folks taking it as evidence of voter suppression. Long lines can be reflective of voter suppression, and I'm more than happy to talk about voter suppression, but folks flooding in on day one of early voting and having a wait is not voter suppression when you have two more weeks and Election Day.

Travis County also has county-wide voting, so you're not restricted to a single polling location. We have a map of wait times at each location. If you don't have issues with transportation or time to get to another poll, then it's ridiculous to go to the busiest possible location and then complain about the long lines. I once heard from an election judge that their location was mostly empty on election day, but the nearby grocery store had a two hour wait.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Harris County has a cool wait time map.

https://www.harrisvotes.com/WaitTimes

The typical big places people know about are of course getting bogged down. The smaller ones are a breeze.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Oh man reading through the League of Women Voters guide for Harris County and I find out Stan loving Stanart is gunning for his seat again that he got voted out of in 2018.

I'm not going to vote for him of course but you can't be mad at this:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Going tomorrow, myself. Seeing what's been happening elsewhere I assumed day 1 would be crazy here as well, and eh I can go whenever. I work from home these days, and there's a polling place like iunno maybe ~500m away.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/patricksvitek/status/1316050687688671232?s=21

Thanks Royce

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
It's ok, I'm not either

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

I defended him feeling salty about her not reaching out, but not voting for her makes him petty as gently caress.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That’s gonna cost her a bunch of votes in DFW and that’s the election. It’s over.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

That's lovely as hell. Sure Hegar is problematic and less-than-ideal, but Cornyn is like one of the top 5 worst senators out there and even at a relative longshot to unseat him it's really stupid to not vote for Hegar or actively campaign against her in this race.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What he's doing is ensuring he's a kingmaker for the next Democratic statewide effort. It's more important to him to be able to point to this race and say "She lost because she didn't kiss my ring" than to replace John Cornyn. It's the same thing the RGV political elites did to Beto. Way more than the GOP, Democrats care far, far more about their standing in their own party than electoral results.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ted's gonna win in 2024 isn't he

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

iunno. she's a mom, and a combat veteran. those two things should be enough to put her over the finish line

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen, the Democrats!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i say swears online posted:

iunno. she's a mom, and a combat veteran. those two things should be enough to put her over the finish line

I guarantee you her and West would have identical voting records in the Senate. She also wouldn't be a voice against the ACA (like Cornyn is) or she wouldn't have minimized the impact of covid (like Cornyn did).

https://twitter.com/GeneforTexas/status/1315841418569625600

lmao

Honestly you can't walk around downtown Austin without some state representative dressed in a top hat with a sprung lid and fingerless gloves and a motheaten wool coat begging for change on the street

zoux fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 13, 2020

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Lots of weird people that wouldn't vote for a Republican Biden but are ok voting for a Republican Hager.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Oil! posted:

Lots of weird people that wouldn't vote for a Republican Biden but are ok voting for a Republican Hager.

I don't think you understand how the two-party system works. When someone holds a gun to your head and says "you can choose between getting punched in the face and being shot in the head", saying nothing isn't the smart move. Just because you don't choose doesn't mean no choice will be made.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I would simply do kung fu at the guy, disarming him easily. I plan to apply this to voting.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I would appeal to all the definitely not racist people supporting the guy pointing the gun at me, since actually they all secretly agree with me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

I would simply do kung fu at the guy, disarming him easily. I plan to apply this to voting.

the actual electoral kung fu gun disarmament is open party-list voting. vote for them dems but be able to slide MJ down to dogcatcher

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i say swears online posted:

the actual electoral kung fu gun disarmament is open party-list voting. vote for them dems but be able to slide MJ down to dogcatcher

Yes, but is that the system that is in place for the general election happening in 3 weeks

https://twitter.com/statesman/status/1316059298087264259

Whoa gently caress me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Yes, but is that the system that is in place for the general election happening in 3 weeks

https://twitter.com/statesman/status/1316059298087264259

Whoa gently caress me

lol I've never seen a stat like that

also my ballot let me choose the prime minister and chancellor of the exchequer, what did y'all's have

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Just Anne Kitchen and the Adler recall petition :confused:

Also 97% registration is why Austin is represented by 5 congressional districts with tendrils reaching into red rear end rural and suburban areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It might be paranoid, but because I don't live in a blue county I don't entirely trust the polling places to be open and unchanged for the entire early voting period. I know they're open and available today though.