Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

LastInLine posted:

If there's a cartoon brand mascot I trust less to get me a job I'm not thinking of it.

Mister Peanut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Platystemon posted:

Mister Peanut

don’t you dare talk about president carter like that

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I think this is the thread in which this fits, about capitalists still being capitalists

https://twitter.com/omar_aok/status/1301204418268999681?s=20

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

I think this is the thread in which this fits, about capitalists still being capitalists

https://twitter.com/omar_aok/status/1301204418268999681?s=20

yes please, right into my veins, thanks.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

LastInLine posted:

I feel like if the Monopoly Man is willing to help you get a job it's going to be a no-show corporate board position in Ukraine like Biden

his holding company just bought out your old employer and now he's going to help transition you to doing the same work in an unpaid internship role

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 17:48 on Sep 3, 2020

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Pro Sports’ Anti-Police Frenzy

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JessReports/status/1305183706991091712

im taking a moment to appreciate the dark humor of how qanon is the ultimate woke brand

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Platystemon posted:

Mister Peanut

:hmmyes:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Eater/status/1314655962658156545

that seems like a really egregious waste of perfectly good tampons

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Oreo/status/1314558736875175937

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

sending a waitress home early with 10$ pay for the evening because we were having a slow night at the feminism restaurant

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/JessReports/status/1305183706991091712

im taking a moment to appreciate the dark humor of how qanon is the ultimate woke brand

There's a ton in common with the Invisible Children / Kony 2012 stuff

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Some Guy TT posted:

giving the most well paid back of house spot to a man for feminism

also i guess it's cis women only (and the usual half assed "trans men and menstruating non-binary people" cop out they always do), never knew a hotel could have bangs

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
What does feminism have to with women? This is just bullshit woke-bait. If it were a feminist establishment it would be a worker owned co-op where they share the profits and the gender ratio would be much closer to 50/50 but that isn't strictly necessary and would certainly be the least interesting aspect of the place.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Tampon art is weird. I think the male equivalent would be art made of used cum-tissues. Like, what are you trying to prove?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Solar Tornado posted:

Tampon art is weird. I think the male equivalent would be art made of used cum-tissues. Like, what are you trying to prove?

It's supposed to be about destigmatisation of menstruation, but some people take it just too bloody far.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the article said these were new organic tampons donated by some woke tampon company

weird art involving used tampons i could understand but where would you even get that many used tampons

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

At least those tampons won't be giving anyone toxic shock syndrome.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Not a lot of art you can muster in just red anyways - maybe Canadian flag or the hammer &sickle

Menacer
Nov 25, 2000
Failed Sega Accessory Ahoy!
tampon recreations of scenes from your favorite virtual boy games

you could even call it virtual girl

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Wombyn

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

https://thesource.com/2020/10/02/master-p-adds-cereal-to-his-new-brand-of-foods/

quote:

Master P will go down as one of the greatest entrepreneurs in hip hop history. After launching Uncle P’s foods earlier this year, the music mogul/ entrepreneur wants to take over the cereal game as well.

On October 1st, Master P shared on Instagram a video announcing the launch of his new cereal “Uncle P’s Hoody Hoos!”

“Started from the bottom now we here,” the caption read. “They can’t beat us so they might as well join us, cause they not gonna stop us. we making history! The first hiphop cereal owned and produced by us #GoodisGood UnclePCereal.com @unclepcereal We changing the game! The more we make, the more we give #UncleP #PJfoods.”

The cereal brand takes its name from TRU’s 1998 single “Hoody Hoo.”

Earlier this year, Master P announced the launch of his food brand, “Uncle P’s Louisiana Seasoned.” This was a way to provide an alternative to brands such as Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben who used racist stereotyping on their packaging. Uncle P’s foods consisted of rice, pancake mix, syrup, beans, grits, and oatmeal and can be found in major grocery stores.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Solar Tornado posted:

the art is stupid but this is the most ridiculous comparison, do you know what tampons are for

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

To cleanse the sacral passage of male contamination making clear the enterance for Gaia All Mother to bless a wombyn born womyn?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

snoo posted:

the art is stupid but this is the most ridiculous comparison, do you know what tampons are for

Bloody noses, and making cut dog ears stand up when fuckers abuse them and chop up their ears so they 'look menacing'

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

snoo posted:

Soaking in vodka and shoving up your rear end

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

T-man posted:

giving the most well paid back of house spot to a man for feminism

also i guess it's cis women only (and the usual half assed "trans men and menstruating non-binary people" cop out they always do), never knew a hotel could have bangs

I felt like head chef is an overwhelmingly male profession to begin with so I looked it up quick. 77.6% of chefs and head cooks are male so not really sure what kind of statement they are trying to make there.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I felt like head chef is an overwhelmingly male profession to begin with so I looked it up quick. 77.6% of chefs and head cooks are male so not really sure what kind of statement they are trying to make there.

What statement who is trying to make there

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
The hotel in the tweet people are discussing.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You don't understand what statement the hotel was trying to make by putting up some meaningless "feminist" trappings and then hiring a man to the main spot? It might not have been an intentional statement but it seems pretty clear what they were saying

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Crane Fist posted:

It might not have been an intentional statement but it seems pretty clear what they were saying

Let me try to parse this. I think the OP is trying to make the point that casting a male figure in a prestigious lead chef job is at least in conflict with the supposition that the establishment is supposed to be a celebration of women, which is at best in poor taste and at worst hypocritical, but you're saying that they may have done it unintentionally, therefore it's clear that what they meant by it is that ... Men should be serving women? Or shouldn't be? Or what? Obviously it's not clear, especially if you yourself can't determine if it was intentional or not

Heath has issued a correction as of 03:55 on Oct 13, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

1. cooking is for girls
2. a man is cooking for girls
QED feminism

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Right, and anyone with any passing knowledge of restaurants knows that chefs are mostly male. People don't walk into an Applebee's and say can you believe a MAN is cooking the food?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Congrats, you've put more thought into it than the hotel did

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Heath posted:

Let me try to parse this. I think the OP is trying to make the point that casting a male figure in a prestigious lead chef job is at least in conflict with the supposition that the establishment is supposed to be a celebration of women, which is at best in poor taste and at worst hypocritical, but you're saying that they may have done it unintentionally, therefore it's clear that what they meant by it is that ... Men should be serving women? Or shouldn't be? Or what? Obviously it's not clear, especially if you yourself can't determine if it was intentional or not

Woke brands are forbidden to analyze their performative antics, the lack of in-depth analysis and the contradictions this creates is what leads to humor and thus being posted in this thread. Worry not about what they "meant," I assure you, no one cares, let alone them.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

I meant they unintentionally stated their true feelings, which are "this woke poo poo is a smokescreen to draw in the suckers, we don't actually give a gently caress"

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

little munchkin posted:

sending a waitress home early with 10$ pay for the evening because we were having a slow night at the feminism restaurant

sad lol

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Right, and anyone with any passing knowledge of restaurants knows that chefs are mostly male. People don't walk into an Applebee's and say can you believe a MAN is cooking the food?

Knowing where food comes from is for servile poors, not the clientele for this hotel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

this has been a thing i've seen a lot of craft breweries participating in. the liquor/craft beer store i go to has several breweries' on it. i got one that was an imperial stout and it was quite good (because stouts are good)